The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The most terrible pathetic show in the history of television."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

billmck_2000 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail billmck_2000 Click to send private message to billmck_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The most terrible pathetic show in the history of television."
Starting over is a truly terrible excuse for a television show. I hate reality shows and I hate Starting Over more than any reality show I have ever seen. I actually joined this message board just so I could rag on Starting Over. I work nights and I usually get up around 1100, I only have 1 channel because I don't have much time to watch television, and can't justify paying for cable when I'm not home that much. Guess whats on at 1100 everyday, that miserable excuse of a show. People must really not have a life if they watch that show. I've tried to watch it, but I get so sick to my stomach that I have to shut off the TV.

These so called "life coaches" are a joke. The two chicks have no credentials whatsoever, other than they've done public speaking and self help groups. Basically, they believe that they're better than everyone else. The Doctor is the only one that has any real credentials and he seems like a putz as do most shrinks. The show is based off of some sort of sick dominant/submissive role play crap. I can't see how any of these women can have such low self esteem that they would actually submit to this sort of humiliation.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The most terrible pathetic show... kree 04-19-06 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kree 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kree Click to send private message to kree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The most terrible pathetic show in the history of television."
You must like the show a little if you know enough information to provide the above post. Haha! But I agree with you that the show has gone downhill and has lost it's true charm. In the first season we had women that were more willing to change and didn't have to be sent through such harsh psychotherapy to gain it.

It does seem like Iyanla likes to humiliate her subjects (if you will) and just seems to be sending them through endless painfull experiences that make them bow to her. I don't like to see that. I don't like the way she yells at them and makes them feel like she is Queen of the world, then tries to hug them afterwards. It's strange.

It would be nice to see a houseguest say to her, "NO! I am not going to do that and if you don't like it then go ahead and kick me off the show. I came here to get help, not be kicked around for your experements." Iyanla would probably start steaming from the ears, then you'd see this black cape appear and a crooked broom handle form in her hands. She's scary.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •