The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Jodi does not seem to be getting the symbolism of the mask at all.Quite to the contrary she seems to be relishing keeping it.She casts it,paints it,embellishes it,carefully puts it away,probably kisses and loves it."Oh,I'm going to be painting my mask what FUN."Strangely enough Kim and Kelly have finally found something they AGREE about.They both agree that Jodi is an egotistical head case.Which coming from the two of them is ironic to say the least.This exercise needs to get ALOT more unpleasant for Jodi.Hopefully Iyanla will make her actually wear it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Baxtera 04-12-06 1
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Stormchaser 04-12-06 3
       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... EMTBGRL 04-12-06 5
           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... nikkidemus 04-12-06 14
               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... EMTBGRL 04-12-06 16
               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... sharnina 04-12-06 17
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Lanna42 04-12-06 4
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... eire_heart74 04-12-06 2
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... GoodnightLittleBear 04-12-06 6
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... dasboot 04-12-06 19
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... flygal 04-12-06 7
 Post removed mysticwolf 04-12-06 9
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... MizJazmine 04-12-06 10
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... flygal 04-12-06 11
       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... c27 04-12-06 12
           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Baxtera 04-12-06 13
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... standinmytruth 04-12-06 15
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... standinmytruth 04-12-06 18
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... tac_2 04-12-06 20
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... eire_heart74 04-13-06 21
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... dasboot 04-13-06 22
       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Girl41 04-13-06 23
           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... TruGoodness 04-13-06 24
               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... zipitgood 04-13-06 25
               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Lanna42 04-13-06 26
                   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Baxtera 04-13-06 27
                       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Lanna42 04-13-06 28
                           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Baxtera 04-13-06 29
                               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... shermie 04-13-06 30
                                   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Micheyle 04-14-06 34
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... kree 04-13-06 31
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... SeasonedRefinement 04-13-06 32
       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... zipitgood 04-13-06 33
           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... lovemydogdude 04-14-06 35
               RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... sharnina 04-14-06 36
                   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... MizJazmine 04-14-06 39
                       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... sharnina 04-15-06 41
                           RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... MizJazmine 04-15-06 45
       RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Lanna42 04-14-06 37
           Jodi's truth alyse73 04-14-06 38
               RE: Jodi's truth JustBNMe 04-14-06 40
                   RE: Jodi's truth Twinkles 04-15-06 42
                       RE: Jodi's truth Lanna42 04-15-06 43
                           RE: Jodi's truth allenjo 04-15-06 44
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... MizJazmine 04-19-06 46
 RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... JustBNMe 04-19-06 47
   RE: Jodi's love affair with her pla... Baxtera 04-19-06 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-12-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Once again a sign IV doesn't know how to reach her clients. This whole mask thing should have been discarded when it was obviously not reaching Jodi. Instead it has become the metaphor that never dies. Jodi doesn't get it and the mask has become a HG on it's own. Will it get its own room and goals?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Stormchaser 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormchaser Click to send private message to Stormchaser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

When I saw "The Mask" being featured yet again I laughed. You could just predict that this ridiculous, inane idea wd continue going nowhere. How utterly ineffectual and stupid. Plus, LOVED it when Jodi - (typically) didn't want to hear anything negative about herself. Did anyone notice her dismissive hand-motion when she placed the critiques into the box? It was like she was "washing her hands of it". Jodi needs to truly get real or get out.

Edited to add forgotten remark:

Baxtera, LOL about THE MASK getting it's own room!!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Did anyone
>notice her dismissive hand-motion when
>she placed the critiques into
>the box? It was
>like she was "washing her
>hands of it".

Yeah. And, did y'all notice when Jodi tripped over, "Uh, we're going to DECORATE, uh, I mean, EMBELLISH the mask?" (We don't want to get it wrong here, right Jodi? Decorate means this is supposed to be FUN.)

Or, how about Jodi completely missing the symbolism of the fact the mask was not HER, but the MASK that she kept on? So, when Jodi said, "I didn't really want to share this with my HM, because it makes you vulnerable. And, Kim and Kelly both wrote 'arrogant' but I can accept that, because I know sometimes I can be arrogant."

OK. Jodi chose to take their honest feedback about the MASK as attacking JODI. Isn't it possible that they were saying that the ARROGANCE hid JODI?

That's too deep for "Jodi on the Magical Thinking and Attacking Others to Burn Calories Diet Plan."

I hope to goodness gravy that the fight that Jodi has with Kelly isn't about what Kelly wrote on the survey!

I have a policy. If you can't handle a truthful answer to your question, don't ask the question. Jodi IS arrogant! She doesn't want the TRUTH. She wants HER "truth."

Go home, Jodi. You've learned nothing.

nikkidemus 186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkidemus Click to send private message to nikkidemus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I have to agree with ya on this one EMT. And I also have that same policy. Im such an honest person and if someone ask me a question you can believe Im not going to sugarcoat it like a lot of people do. And you also cracked me up with your "goodness gravey" LOL. Are you by any chance from the south? I am and that just sounds like something we would say.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
>I have to agree with ya
>on this one EMT. And
>I also have that same
>policy. Im such an honest
>person and if someone ask
>me a question you can
>believe Im not going to
>sugarcoat it like a lot
>of people do. And you
>also cracked me up with
>your "goodness gravey" LOL. Are
>you by any chance from
>the south? I am and
>that just sounds like something
>we would say.

Actually, I am one of those people that is from all over the country. I lived in South Carolina and Louisiana at different times, and married someone from the South (now divorced) but, I think I got the expression from my friend who is from Atlanta, GA. I now live near New York. That's another way of saying "lower Connecticut." LOL!

Another thing I'd say about Jodi, that I got from Louisiana, "That poor child is a little bit 'country' but believes she's vogue enough for the big city! Po' thing! Her mamma should set her straight!"

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Me too. I'm from East Texas and that sure sounded like something you would hear in my home town.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

04-12-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Jodi doesn't
>get it and the mask
>has become a HG on
>it's own. Will it
>get its own room?

LOL. It should take up residence in Kelly's bathroom with its own zip code just North of crazy street.That should drive her over the edge.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-12-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Reminds me to much of Allison and her "squatters" when she was on the second season. More than content to cart them around and show them to all and any that asked. And even some that didn't.

Jodi knows she has that mask and what it's for. She's choosing to pretend she doesn't. Wake up Jodi!

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-12-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Next thing you know, she will be taking moonlit strolls with it and it will be telling her to do things like a demented ventriloquist dummy.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
ROFLMAO! That would be good tv!

flygal 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flygal Click to send private message to flygal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

Yes, but her hair was straight today!! How about that. I agree she just doesn't get it. She seems to think she's sooo much better than the rest.
Between Kim, Kelly and Jodi there's too many egos in the house now. And they all have such low self esteem.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Post removed"
The rules haven't suddenly changed. Discussions about previews belong in Spoilers.

An Arkie curious cub

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Both Kim and Kelly when left to their own devices have both proved to be fellow egotistical head cases IMO. So I think Jodi was right in considering the source when it comes to these two!

Like the saying goes, "it takes one to know one". I think this saying is true as it relates to the three of them!

flygal 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flygal Click to send private message to flygal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
>Like the saying goes, "it takes
>one to know one". I
>think this saying is true
>as it relates to the
>three of them!

Sooo True!!!!

c27 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-12-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail c27 Click to send private message to c27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
hmmmmmmmmmmm, did anyone see the ONE tear Jodi shed at the end of painting her mask?????

04-12-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I find it funny that IV keeps going on about Jodi being stubborn and yet IV keeps sticking with this stupid exercise when it obviously isn't working because she wants Jodi to fake a break through even is she isn't feeling one. After all all her others have.

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I was waiting and witing to see what color she would chose for the neck. When she chose black, I thought, "smart girl!" If she got her neck lipo'd I think it would be okay and reasonable. Make a big difference.

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
i can't believe that jodi get's to keep her mask but kim through her suitcase in the fire. jodi's a mess.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Stupid Iyanla...I wonder if she regrets ever giving Jodi that mask assignment. All it's done is allow Jodi to extend her time by playing this and that with it.

Jodi has clearly outwitted Iyanla on this one.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I for one am getting tired of the art ptojects. It seems to much like the girl scouts.

I would so get an F at the BOR. I don't stay in the lines when coloring and I am not good at making magazine art collages.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I guess it is called art therapy. "Art Therapy is a type of psychotherapy that uses art-making and creativity to increase well-being." It's not about creating beautiful art but "is way to express feelings when words are inadequate or unavailable."

Girl41 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Girl41 Click to send private message to Girl41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
This whole exercise? I don't get it!!

Choosing colors to represent your emotions and randoming painting them on - it doesn't make much sense to me.

And then, seeing the other HG's very seriously trying to analyze the mask and fill out the survey - I would just be rolling my eyes and thinking - it looks like a mask painted by a kindergartener, how am I supposed to anayzlye Jodi's deepest emotions from THIS mess?

I can see art as therapy when you create something beautiful out of nothing - that's satisfying. But this? Guess I'm not "deep" enough to get it.

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I frankly really don't understand the art theraphy. I don't think it really works and I don't think if I used it, it would work for me.

I know how valuable it can be for little kids who have gone through trauma talk express themselves, but in this case, I thought it was a whole lot of hooey.

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

zipitgood 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipitgood Click to send private message to zipitgood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
only in la la land california would they have such stupid excercises

04-13-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I can see the value in art therapy for someone who needs to get outside their head and express difficult feelings.But Jodi doesn't have a problem doing that.She is if anything histrionic,over the top in expressing exactly what she feels at the moment.Her problems seem to be being HONEST with herself ABOUT herself and being willing to accept criticism without seeing it as an attack.She's using this whole art exercise as a DIVERSONARY tactic.Just like she's using arguing with Kelly as a diversonary tactic.Why not just walk away from that mess?Don't even engage her in an argument.She loves that!It's ridiculous.Just one more tactic that Jodi uses to avoid confronting Jodi.Iyanla needs to drop the art exercises and send Jodi to a group where people are talking about confronting sexual identity issues. I honestly do not ever recall Jodi telling Dr.Stan "I'm not attracted to men."But if she did someone was really remiss in not discussing that ALOT further.Much less sending her to a dating session with a bunch of men.Much less going around in endless circles battling Jodi's stubborness.

04-13-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
First I think they could all use anger management and communication lessons. Reflective listening exercises which actually required them to listen completley to what someone said and reflect back accurately what that person said without responding to it would definitly increase the abiltiy to listen.

Hearing critism is never easy but in this house these women are all LC free with the critism about how to fix everyone else and quick to play Dr. Stan about how everyone else has issues and problems but never owning their own problems.

Jodi needs to build her communication tool basket along with the rest of the ladies so that she is able to control her anger, communicate responsibly and constructively, reflectively listen without defending, and actually be willing to walk away from these women's issues and really get into her own reasons for being there. She's danced around playing in everyone else's business the time has come for her to really identify what she wants and what she needs to do to get it.

04-13-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
She's danced
>around playing in everyone else's
>business the time has come
>for her to really identify
>what she wants and what
>she needs to do to
>get it.

Thank you Baxtera for communicating it so nicely.I couldn't quite come up with what I wanted to say.

Why Iyanla the queen of confrontation isn't being more agressive about making Jodi confront her issues I don't know."WHY are you HERE?"during BOR was a very good start but then we're back to painting masks again.Not that the pork cook off and hissy fit between her and Kelly wasn't entertaining.It was,but Jodi seems to use every opportunity to divert attention from herself and her real issues.I don't know for sure why she's there but someone needs to help her figure it out soon.

04-13-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
It's one of the reasons I don't like IV as a life coach. She seems to get stuck on something and if the HG doesn't get it she beats to death until they do and then in other cases things get dropped and never heard from again. I say drop the stupid mask, it didn't work and find another way to reach Jodi.

First off she needs work to do. She and Kelly both have way to much time to meddle in other's affairs. She should have constant assignments to keep her working on what ever it is IV seems to think she should be doing. She shouldn't have time to snuggle and cuddle or wrestle with the future WWE queen Kelly.

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shermie Click to send private message to shermie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I think that the whole point of the exercise was to teach Jodi that she is hiding behind a mask, and that she needs to break free of it. She needs to remove the mask she wears and be open and vulnerable to life and others.
Then she needs to destroy the mask as a symbol of the change she is making.
Instead the stupid woman hangs on to the thing and treats it like an old and cherished friend. Painting it, decorationg it, hauling it around, crying over it. (Sound familiar???)
How many times does Iyanla need to tell her to smash the blasted thing?? Let it go, and drop the facade??

Cripes, Jodi is dense!!! If she can't get it, she should just go home. I for one am tired of her. She is too resistant, and is not making a real effort.

Micheyle 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Micheyle Click to send private message to Micheyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

>I think that the whole point
>of the exercise was to
>teach Jodi that she is
>hiding behind a mask, and
>that she needs to break
>free of it. She needs
>to remove the mask she
>wears and be open and
>vulnerable to life and others.
>
>Then she needs to destroy the
>mask as a symbol of
>the change she is making.
>
>Instead the stupid woman hangs on
>to the thing and treats
>it like an old and
>cherished friend. Painting it, decorationg
>it, hauling it around, crying
>over it.

I was hoping that after Board of Review that Jodi would put her mask in the box with all of the alcohol. Throw it away with the other trash that can impair healing. To me, that would have really meant something big for her and would have been a great symbolic breakthrough.

During Art Therapy, Jodi did say that she didn't want to keep the mask. Then, the art therapist, Trish, told her to consider keeping it so she can look back and see the mask that she shed. To keep it to see how far she has come or where she has been? (Not Trish's exact words, but that was the idea.)

I don't know what the best choice would be for Jodi. Maybe the mask shouldn't have been aired and/or used as a tool in Jodi's work. I do feel, personally, that Jodi is definitely stuck on the mask. Like she is trying to move forward but keeps tripping over this mask. Perhaps Jodi doesn't get it, but I can't help but think that isn't entirely her fault. She has been told to do several different things with it from several different people.

Maybe right now she should put the mask away and move on with her exercises. As Jodi heals and learns more about who Jodi really is, I have a feeling that she'll know what to do with the mask. Remember, Kim was going to keep the suitcase so she could show it to her mother in order to make her feel badly for the abandonment. After reflecting on it, she started to tear it up even before they shared their work and went to the fireplace. That suitcase was keeping Kim stuck for some time. She didn't know what to do with it, and then all of a sudden the answer became clear to her. It may be taking Jodi longer than Kim to figure out what to do, but, I think that will happen with Jodi and the mask. The Mask needs to be retired for now and then revisited when Jodi is ready. I believe that at some point the answer to what to do with The Mask is going to become completely clear to Jodi.

kree 77 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kree Click to send private message to kree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
That mask scared me, really. I don't even want to think about it.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I think they should keep Jodi's multi-colored mask and put in on the wall right next to Christina's phenomenal artistic creation - you know that big, blue, ripped paper, flower looking, thing, whatever it's supposed to be.

PS: What is Jodi allegedly "hiding" behind that mask anyway?

zipitgood 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipitgood Click to send private message to zipitgood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I noticed that too!! Its the hookers artwork! It looked like it was falling off the wall.. I guess she couldnt sell it on e-bay! They should put the mask in the middle of the flower and call it "I want to Live!"

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
I'm just curious..been thinking about Jodi's mask since the day she suffocated to create it. When Iyanla and her met about it afterwards I felt like the obvious thing for Jodi to say was that she wanted to break it. Her answer was something like "I don't know..I guess I'll keep it." It almost seemed like it was scripted!?

In the meantime all of her fake tears and dramatics..could they actually have been encouraged to play the whole thing out? I've felt like this about many things i.e. when Christie sniffed and supposedly almost drank the mixed drink Kim and Lisa had in the kitchen, Lisatwit in general, the alcohol issue, etc... I just wonder if she didn't turn into a drama queen because she was asked to? I recently learned that the HG's sign a 3 year contract to not talk about the truth about the show. Would sure be interested to know what really went on behind the scenes. I'm sure they're hoping we'll all forget by the time they can discuss it all.

04-14-06, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
You know, the one problem I had with this exercise was that Iyanla let her read the HG surveys alone. She should have made that something that she and Jodi did together. Allowing Jodi to read them alone at this vulnerable time only fueled the fire.

And even though I think Jodi is a control freak, I really think she is vulnerable right now because the "mask" that she has been wearing for so long is seriously slipping. She seems sad and slightly confused to me. Sometimes the way she looks at Iyanla just screams, "I really want to get this but I'm just not!" I actually like her and hope that she gets all she needs to go on and live a truly fulfilled life.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

04-14-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
Hey sharnina ...I think Jodi should have made the choice to not read the surveys, but simply put them in the envelope, then go over them with Iyanla. Jodi didn't have to read them, but she chose to knowing in part there were going to be criticisms. So to me that's on her.

I think Jodi is in her "head" alot of the time. I had to laugh at her "revised parroting" after which Iyanla offered her a different perspective. IMO Jodi's smart on a head level but totally dense on an emotional level. I also think Jodi has been really hurt in life and has taken a lot of hits in life because she is a single woman, and now an older one.

I just think Jodi has lived a very "external" life and that I don't know...maybe at this time in her life she is going "inside" for real and that's scary for her. From day one I felt that Jodi was a very emotionally sensitive person. I like her too.

04-15-06, 02:31 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-06 AT 03:51 AM (EST)

Hey back atcha MizJazmine You're right that she could have chosen not to read them but again I thought Iyanla didn't fully explain the exercise and she still has not followed up with Jodi on this exercise. Her exercises just seem to be so vague, sometimes at the expense of the HG.

edited for spelling

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

04-15-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
LOL...For some reason I don't think Iyanla is the one who comes up with the exercises. I think she's has to execute them the "way" the producers want. Sometimes Iyanla looks frustrated with the exercises to me. Knowing what I know about Iyanla, the exercises and stuff are not her style. She's more of a talker/counselor type. Now the "shout to the universe stuff"...that's her. I did read her origional bio "Interiors" long long time ago because her name came up around the way, and I wanted to know who she was. While I'm not in agreement with her beliefs, I respect her life story 'cuz she's really got one!

So I would be interested in knowing the "background" of the exercises...

04-14-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
>I think they should keep Jodi's
>multi-colored mask and put in
>on the wall right next
>to Christina's phenomenal artistic creation
>- you know that big,
>blue, ripped paper, flower looking,
>thing, whatever it's supposed to
>be.

SR:Funny......I was thinking exactly the SAME thing."Hang the mask up next to Christina's flower monstrosity.That ugly thing really catches the eye and not in an "aesthetically pleasing"way.I guess there's just no accounting for artistic taste.Someone needs to tell them that not everything you slap together with glue and tissue paper during some emotional epiphany needs to be hung on the wall!

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Jodi's truth"
Jodie LOVES herself!! Loves the mask! Loves her body! You can't tell her anything.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Jodi's truth"
My thoughts exactly. Maybe she thinks Iyanla and the HG's will want to hold it and caress it once she leaves. Ick! She is so stuck on herself that it is gross.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-06, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Jodi's truth"
I think a problem is the mask is an exact duplicate of her face. Usually you'd think an exercise that involves creating an image of yourself would involve growing to accept what you see. Jodi took a first look at that plain plaster mask and saw every detail of her exact face. Wouldn't it be strange to assume you're supposed to smash it or throw it away? I know she was told the exercise is about hiding behind a mask but it still seems like she was mesmerized by the image of her own face. They should have had HER create a shield and fill in those colors on it with the art therapist or something. Argh, I hate those symbolic exercises.

And like the last post says, sure she's all about wanting to be caressed and hugged, so she wants that duplicate of her face to be loved just like she wants to be stroked. I'm still hoping someone gives her a clue that the mask doesn't represent the real her.

04-15-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Jodi's truth"
I know she was
>told the exercise is about
>hiding behind a mask but
>it still seems like she
>was mesmerized by the image
>of her own face.
>
>And like the last post says,
>sure she's all about wanting
>to be caressed and hugged,
>so she wants that duplicate
>of her face to be
>loved just like she wants
>to be stroked. I'm still
>hoping someone gives her a
>clue that the mask doesn't
>represent the real her.

Yes,her being mesmerized by it IS the problem.What would the shield she makes be for?Holding in front of the mask that she holds in front of her face?And why does the word "stroke" seem to keep coming up in relation to Jodi?LOL I know she's demonstrative but the word is becoming synonomous with her name.No ones even pointing Jodi(aka the stroker) in approximately the right direction that I can see. Its just "Let's do another art project and cry some more."No wonder she's holding onto the mask.

allenjo 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-15-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allenjo Click to send private message to allenjo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Jodi's truth"
I agree with all of you. It creeped me out when I saw Jodi's colored mask. (Of course it was scary enough to see another emotionless clone of Jodi.) The mask is another precious self that Jodi can't ever destroy. That makes me sad... She must be really really in love with the mask(herself)!

As some of you mentioned, the surveys should have been anonymous and gone through with Iguana. Now she feels more attacked and so venerable, being judged by her HGs...

04-19-06, 04:21 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
FINALLY!!! I was sooo happy for Jodi today! When she looked at that mask and started crying saying she didn't want it anymore, I was crying right along with her because I knew in that moment she had finally gotten the lesson and internalized it! I felt that Jodi had really struggled with the mask exercise, but I was proud of her because she stayed with it and processed it through. I always felt she was trying to "get it" and IMO today she did. It still amazes me how deep a divorce can wound some children. I'm really proud of Jodi. She done good!

YAY Jodi

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
When I saw Jodi with Iyanla preparing to destroy her mask I had to laugh. She is such a drama queen and so utterly fake. Her heavy breathing and crying reminded me of Tess. She obviously doesn't get the exercise because she still thinks everything revolves around her. Part of her mask is the fake attention getting stuff over her false claims of things such as every HG leaving is so hard for her, how they are leaving her, how they are her girl etc etc. When she does that it puts the attneiton o her but not in the areas it needs to be like losing weight, getting a true picture of reality,admitting she is fat and NOT a size 14, not making everything about her etc. She is so in love with herself that she can't see anyone else but to try to appear loving she play acts over incidents to be the grieving victim.

04-19-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Jodi's love affair with her plaster mask"
The exercises don't match the HG they match what IV wants to do or maybe the "experts" they have available to work with the guests. I don't think Jodi got one thing out of that exercise except maybe actually seeing her face in mask form as it is. She didn't get the significance of it at all. That was IV's fault for once again not matching the activity to the person she needs to reach.

IV needs to go back to the lecture circuit where if 5 people in an audience of thousands finds your pearls valuable you've been a hit because the rest will fake it not wanting to feel they're too stupid not to understand and employ it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •