The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-11-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
It she too big for her good clothes or just poor? Have you noticed that Christie is wearing faded black sweats ALL the time or other "laundry day" outfits. I thought she might be wearing comfy clothes because she is depressed, but today she wore that more than casual outfit to Lisa's graduation. Everyone else was dressed up. Didn't Christie used to have nicer clothes? Can she not fit them anymore? Does she not have enough money to buy one nice outfit for graduations?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? Cleverone 04-11-06 1
 RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? petmama 04-11-06 2
 RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? tracyc1166 04-11-06 3
   RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? SueNahMe 04-12-06 14
 RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? eire_heart74 04-11-06 4
   RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? petmama 04-11-06 5
       RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? EMTBGRL 04-11-06 6
           RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? standinmytruth 04-11-06 7
               RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? Sumrsno 04-11-06 8
                   RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? malibu 04-11-06 9
                       RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? JustBNMe 04-11-06 10
                           RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? standinmytruth 04-11-06 11
                       RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? EMTBGRL 04-12-06 12
                           RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? TruGoodness 04-12-06 13
                               RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? EMTBGRL 04-13-06 15
 RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? standinmytruth 04-18-06 16
   RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? staceeturner 04-18-06 17
       RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? sm2 04-18-06 18
           RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? maryellennaco 04-18-06 19
               RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe? standinmytruth 04-18-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-11-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-06 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

You know, I've been having the same problem with the way she dresses...I believe she's still having problems with her body image and tends to "hide" in her clothing choices. What's the point in losing weight if you're going to dress so lousy???

Sometimes it seems as if she's still dressing like a "fat girl" (no offense meant...I'm a plus size woman myself and I dress wayyyy better than Christie)...I'm referring to women who put on too many layers to hide their bodies or too tight clothes they ooze out of, like Jodie...it's soooo unbecoming and for the life of me, I don't understand how she even thinks she's model material...if that's her desire, then she'd better hit the gym and eat healthy..P-R-O-N-T-O...her butt's dragging the ground now (LOL)...you don't see too many models with their "a$$es" turning the corners waaayyyy after they do...she needs to get off the couch and out of bed to make this "notion" obtainable!

***I forgot to add that if it's finances that's got her dressing this way...she can find good clothes at consignment shops and she doesn't have to spend all her money on clothes if she buys the right pieces and learn how to "accessorize".***

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Christie could've outgrown her nicer clothes. She gained back 25 or 30 of the pounds she lost after her bariatric surgery. She's probably wearing old clothes that were, until recently, too big for her.

tracyc1166 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracyc1166 Click to send private message to tracyc1166 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Maybe she needs a make over....someone call Andy...lol

SueNahMe 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SueNahMe Click to send private message to SueNahMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
>Maybe she needs a make over....someone
>call Andy...lol

OH NO! Please don't call Andy. She does not know styles and hairdo's like she thinks she does. I have to admit that she did do a good job with Lisa2, but that was just luck on her part. She has no formal training for being a stylist, so what makes her think she can give advice to others? Ughhh....she irks me to no end.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-11-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
I remember from last season Sommer had the same problem. She had the surgery but was still dressing to hide her body and like she was 40 pounds heavier than she was.

She's probably doing the same thing.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
But a lot of Christie's pants look awfully tight to me. At her lightest, about 125, she probably bought a whole new wardrobe. And, can't wear any of it right now.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-11-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Christie's wardrobe is odd for a woman that thinks she might model. The women that I've experienced that want to model are almost over the top with how well they are dressed--all the time. It's as if they think someone might "discover" them, if they dress and look like model material. Christie dresses almost like a model scout in LA LA LAnd would notice her regardless of whether she dressed like a hungover college student on laundry day.

04-11-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
you're right. she really is missing an opportunity to be noticed. you know, didn't she have skimpy skirts and tops when she first showed up? wonder if she stopped wearing them because of weight gain or because the weather has turned cold. either way, she looks awful now.

Sumrsno 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sumrsno Click to send private message to Sumrsno Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
I remember that the ladies went to the Salvation Army for the out fits they used in the "I'm 70" exercise. The clothing that was in that store was not bad at all. Especially in L.A. I am sure Christie would be able to find very nice previously worn clothing that would be flattering on her.

In Ft. Laud. my daughter went to the good will when she went back to the office. She found nice designer clothing. More recently our neighbors daughter bought a designer gown for the prom. Price $30.00. She looked it up on the internet and it originally had a price tag of $300.00.

malibu 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibu Click to send private message to malibu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
I live in Los Angeles, You really can't find anything too great at goodwill. I guess if you go often enough you will but the problem here with finding anything good at vintage stores or goodwill is that the costume designers for all the t.v., movie, theater, commercials are scavangers and know when these stores get shipments. It's hard to beat them.

With that said, I think Christie dresses nicely. I think she's gorgeous. I can't imagine her at 125 pounds. I think that's a bunch of you know what.

What makes no sense is that people who think they can be a model usually don't feel ugly.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-11-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Exactly. I wonder if Christie is putting on an act with her saying she has body issues. For supposidly having such horrible body issues she sure says how beautiful she is quite frequently and she does dress frumpy for someone who is a model wanna-be. How can she say she wants to be a model and show her body off to everyone if she hates it so much as she tries to claim in order to be in the SOH. People who don't like their body sure don't want to be showing it off like modeling would. She's talking out of both sides of her mouth.

04-11-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
Since it's SO, we will probably never know the full story. I think whatever Christie initially told them she later changed. For instance, she didn't disclose that she had been out of rehab for Vicodin for less than 30 days. Dr. Stan is the one who confronted her about that. I hope SO doesn't throw us some bizarre red herring like Sommer breaking into the private office last season.

Speaking of Christie's rehab. Why didn't they address her alcohol addiction? Or did they and she lied about knowing she's an alcoholic too?

04-12-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
>What makes no sense is that
>people who think they can
>be a model usually don't
>feel ugly.

Except for the ones that need the affirmation from a model agency that they have a face/body/ability to walk on a runway/ and are photogenic in a way that more than just their mother could love. There are a lot of really insecure people in modeling. I think Christie fits the bill here. To be hired as a model would affirm Christie's outward belief she is attractive, and her inward concern that she's ugly. (this dichotomy often leads people to obsessive behaviors, including plastic surgery--especially when they can't AFFORD plastic surgery! --uh, Christie!)

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
I personally think shes too old to model. Even for plus size models, don'tthey want them sort of you and well porportioned?

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

04-13-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
>I personally think shes too old
>to model. Even for
>plus size models, don'tthey want
>them sort of you and
>well porportioned?
>
>Yes. They do. --"Older" models usually are people we recognize, because they are celebrities. For example, Demi Moore and Jamie Lee Curtis are "older" (for Hollywood and modelling) but they have already "made it." We would not be surprised to see them on the cover of --anything.

Christie hasn't made it anywhere but to the kitchen, up the stairs, and to bed at 7:15.

I thought the lighting for Christie's photoshoot might "soften" Christie enough that she might look younger. imho? I thought the photo shoot lighting made her look older, and more harsh. You could see every line and wrinkle through the make-up. (at least, I could.)

If Christie wanted to be a model? She needed to start modelling for Sears catalogues and Lane Bryant 20 years ago. (She admitted to being heavy, early.) The fact that she has waited until she's in her -- 30's? That is enough demonstration to me that "modeling is not her passion."

I agree with the other posters that think Christie saw this as an "easy money somewhat glamour job." One photographer gets frustrated with Christie? "Poof!" Not her passion anymore.

(I think that's a good thing)

04-18-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
This week she is more frumpy than ever! And she's got the hair frumping too. Does she know the show is on national tv? Christie, there's film in those cameras!

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
You know she was doing a somewhat okay job in hiding her "cottage cheese" up until they went to curves those sweatpants she had on showed all of her jello.

short&sassy

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
As my Dad used to say, her butt looked like 2 pigs fighting in a gunny sack.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
My old daddy would say, "Her butt is as big as the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex!"... I never really understood what that meant, especially since we lived in Houston!

04-18-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Christie's Frumpy Wardrobe?"
My daddy would say, "She's so big that when she hauls butt, she has to make two trips."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •