The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bugaloo 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bugaloo Click to send private message to bugaloo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie's Old Lady Voice"
From day one her whiny throaty groggy cracking voice has been on my last nerve! I initially thought it was because of all the crying, but it's still here! When she cries, it's worse. Makes me cringe. I have to turn down the volume.

Forget the life coach. She needs a voice coach!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice SOWayz 03-10-06 1
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice JustBNMe 03-11-06 2
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice eire_heart74 03-11-06 3
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice mimibunny 03-11-06 4
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-11-06 5
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice Juliejo 03-11-06 6
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice Miranda 03-11-06 7
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bugaloo 03-11-06 8
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice 26mitogo 03-12-06 9
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice TheMommy 03-13-06 10
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice Pixeltalk 03-13-06 11
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bunny420 03-15-06 12
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bugaloo 03-15-06 13
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice LisaW 03-20-06 15
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bugaloo 03-20-06 14
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice LisaW 03-20-06 16
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bugaloo 03-20-06 17
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice JCSMOM 03-20-06 18
           RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice SOWayz 03-21-06 19
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice petmama 03-23-06 20
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice bugaloo 03-23-06 21
       RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice standinmytruth 04-24-06 22
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice simpledimple 04-29-06 23
 RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice barbie7034 05-02-06 24
   RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice EMTBGRL 05-02-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
She speaks in a monotone and is too lazy to open her mouth, so it comes out in one l-o-n-g whiny word that is very hard to understand. The operative word is enunciation. Actually, her eyes bother me more, why does her right eye keep closing?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-06, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Her voice is annoying. It is very lazy and droll sounding and she talks through her nose like she has a constant cold or something. Guess I am more concerned with the incessant moaning and complaining that comes out of her mouth than anything. She is so negative and so unmotivated that it is pathetic. Her voice matches her dull personality, poor posture and lack of willingness to change. Maybe she picked up the crackling, cackling voice stuff from Jill.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-11-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Yeah she's right up there with Cassie from season 2 with the most annoying whine of a voice! I am grabbing for the mute button when she's on.

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mimibunny Click to send private message to mimibunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Shes so LAZY even talking is too much. How sad..................

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-11-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Could it be that her voice sounds like that due to all the drinking she has done.

As far as her eye closing all the time I thought she was winking at people you know like she is trying to say I understand your pain...lol.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
She is a lazy fat woman who GBS but is still lazy after the surgery. She needs some cheese with that whine. I hate her voice but I hate her attitude more. She thinks she is superior to the others and she always picks on Kim. I like Kim.

Miranda 177 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miranda Click to send private message to Miranda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
LIVEURBESTLIFE writes:
>Could it be that her voice
>sounds like that due to
>all the drinking she has
>done.

I don't think so. Gotta tell ya though. It's mating season in the birdie world and when I watch my taped episode in the early hours and she tawlks, the sparrows start a warbling right back at her.

>As far as her eye closing
>all the time I thought
>she was winking at people
>you know like she is
>trying to say I understand
>your pain...lol.

I think it has more to do with something else. <winky-winky>
Miranda

03-11-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bugaloo Click to send private message to bugaloo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-06 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Do you think she sounds like she has a cold because of her nose job. They did such a severe job with the nose tip and nostrils.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Miranda ~ L-O-L!! "It's mating season in the birdie world and when I watch my taped episode in the early hours and she tawlks, the sparrows start a warbling right back at her."

I'll have to try that ... the weather's warmer so I'll leave windows open ... see if I can do a little early am bird watching!!!

TheMommy 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheMommy Click to send private message to TheMommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
>From day one her whiny throaty
>groggy cracking voice has been
>on my last nerve!
>I initially thought it was
>because of all the crying,
>but it's still here!
>When she cries, it's worse.
> Makes me cringe.
>I have to turn down
>the volume.
>
>Forget the life coach. She
>needs a voice coach!

LOL..I know what you mean.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Her voice didn't bother me so much back when I still liked her. I think now that it is an extension of her mean-#####, dry-alcoholic, unwilling-to-do-work personality.

I also used to think she was beautiful, but now she is starting to look uglier and uglier to me. Her face looks all pinched and mean.

bunny420 33 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bunny420 Click to send private message to bunny420 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

Her voice is old, like her husbands. Boy is he a geezer! White hair up there, white hair down there!!!! I would be all pinched faced and mean if I had to roll over every morning and see my Grandfather naked. I AM SO SORRY, I got my girls mixed up. I am writing about Kelly. Too much 420!!

03-15-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
well kelly's hillbillie man voice is annoying too.

LisaW 34 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
Bunny420, LOL! I was thinking.. I missed an episode and I missed Christies X.. Man where was I. LOL!

03-20-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
today her voice was more irritating than ever when she was judging cassie! it is a lazy pathetic snobby sound that i just can't stand.

LisaW 34 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
The sound of Christies voice is most likely from years of partying and everything that goes with it. She is not an everyday smoker put when she drank she would eventually smoke. (Alcoholic) It sounds like time has caught up with her. It can also run in the family--and maybe it does. (Wink, wink)

03-20-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
>The sound of Christies voice is
>most likely from years of
>partying and everything that goes
>with it. She is not
>an everyday smoker put when
>she drank she would eventually
>smoke. (Alcoholic) It sounds like
>time has caught up with
>her. It can also run
>in the family--and maybe it
>does. (Wink, wink)

interesting. if you have ever smoked or been around a smoker you know what to look for. christie's voice is thrashed and her eyes and skin are extremely aged for her age--not from loosing weight. when she smoked on camera and then announced that she isn't a smoker a lot of posters rolled their eyes. she smoked that smoked that cigarette like a pro. if she used to smoke while drinking SHE IS STILL A SMOKER.

once again christies is only fooling herself. in three years, i have never seen a HG so in denial. she needs real therapy which is not available on this tv show.

JCSMOM 36 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JCSMOM Click to send private message to JCSMOM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
her voice sounds like dolphin squeaks to me----smoker or not---it's ANNOYING

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
NOW we know why she sounds terrible...did you hear her Mom today? Couldn't understand her either.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
I haven't paid much attention to Christie's voice until today. When she was talking to Rhonda about her mother. Dabbing her eyes. And, whining. Very old ladyish.

03-23-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
well you better get your mute button ready for tomorrow's episode. it's going to be a whiney voice-crackin doozy!

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-24-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
With her new i'm-a-life-coach attitude, her voice is worse than ever. She hangs on to every sentence's last syllable with a know it all tone.

simpledimple 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-29-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simpledimple Click to send private message to simpledimple Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
I truly do not mind Christie's voice. It is a quiet, not harsh voice, which is a lot better than some women's voices! I know that "little girl" voice we hear so often, especially in Miss Cassie is the result of perhaps a missed childhood, or else it can be something a woman develops purposely to project their idea of femininity.
But I must say, I have never been more put off than I was today by Christie's MUMBLING! I taped today's episode and had to rewind several times where I didn't understand a word she was saying! I still don't know what she said at certain points!
I believe someone should come in and teach these women how to speak---to develop their "TRUE" voice, and enunciate! It would be a great skill for many of the women in Starting Over!
There--I got that off my chest! Get the marbles out, Christie!

barbie7034 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barbie7034 Click to send private message to barbie7034 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
omg that's so funny - i thought i was the only one who cant stand that crackling voice - what's up with that? Its like her real voice is low and she's trying to talk in a higher pitch - she needs a voice coach or something - its not good at all.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Christie's Old Lady Voice"
I just picture Christie's LC hiring Christie the actress Rosie Perez as a voice coach as a sick, twisted joke on Christie that Christie doesn't "get." (I can't listen to Rosie Perez's voice. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard for me.) THEN? They can hire Fran Drescher to teach Christie how to laugh! BUT, even that comabination would be an improvement over Christie's, "So these two go into a mumble mumble mumble and mumble some more and then he said mumble and in the end mumble ha ha ha ha ha!" --wipes tears away and laughs. Christie also reminds me of the "Low Talker" in a Seinfeld episode. One of these days, one of these women is going to end up in a Puffy Shirt!

Too funny!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •