The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I did not see that coming."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-04, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I did not see that coming."
Tim, evicted? Tim? Not a clue. I thought Bryce was going to do a one-episode 180, and then go hide in a closet until he spotted the right time to drag Piper into it. But no -- they evicted Tim. And while it was glorious to see him openly defy Derek and do his goodbyes his own way, it would have been more fun if I hadn't been staring in mild shock...

Of course, he'll be back next week after Bryce does something monumentally stupid. Regardless -- good twist.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I did not see that coming. N1Hawk 07-27-04 1
 Best.Twist.Ever CantStandToLook 07-27-04 2
 RE: I did not see that coming. ladro 07-27-04 3
   RE: I did not see that coming. Traces 07-27-04 4
   RE: I did not see that coming. erickman 07-28-04 7
 RE: I did not see that coming. Rabies 07-27-04 5
   RE: I did not see that coming. ladro 07-28-04 6
   RE: I did not see that coming. mmm_link 07-28-04 8
       RE: I did not see that coming. CantStandToLook 07-28-04 9
       RE: I did not see that coming. xserver 07-29-04 13
       RE: I did not see that coming. hamlet_d 07-29-04 15
   RE: I did not see that coming. pinkie_chick 07-28-04 12
 RE: I did not see that coming. iphigenia 07-28-04 10
   RE: I did not see that coming. mmm_link 07-28-04 11
       RE: I did not see that coming. summer123 07-29-04 14
 RE: I did not see that coming. I_AM_HE 07-29-04 16
   RE: I did not see that coming. MegsSweetPea 07-29-04 17
 RE: I did not see that coming. Sweater_Puffs 07-30-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

N1Hawk 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-27-04, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail N1Hawk Click to send private message to N1Hawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Yeah,

What get's me is that they let Tim go!!!! Yes he will be back but what's funny is the whole frog scene with T.J. and Bryce I loved that one.. As for Tim.. He might have found out about the whole thing when he walked into the guys room later and finding them out of character and that's it I thought. When Tim got canned I thought all night it was because he was going to find out about the show.. I kept thinking are they pulling him out to tell him it's all fake like they did Ingrid Wise and keep Amanada as the only schmo?? Well Next week Bryce Kills the bird and Tim comes back but as Actor or Schmo????

What a Twist!!!!

N1Hawk

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Best.Twist.Ever"
It's a shame that this show is languishing in that god-awful slot on monday nights. I too was staring and laughing in shock at Tim getting evicted. That's the best twist ever. These guys are really on their toes this season.

I love the way their using Ingrid too to further there cause. This is definitely the best reality show ever.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun!!!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-27-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I did not see that coming."
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-04 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

agreed, did not see that coming. I'm not so sure that it was a good twist though. The point of the show isn't to misdirect the audience, it is to misdirect the Schmoes. The show has gotten somewhat silly since Amanda arrived. Tim will be the third person that has been resurected (sic?) after an eviction. Changed to say that I now think that Tim will come back as an actor.

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-27-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I did not see that coming."
I think it was hilarious when Derek (Ralph Garmen) says after the eviction- "This is getting more and more difficult as the numbers shrink..."
There has been a dead-lock of four to three people per suitor for the past three evictions! And from the preview it looks like it is going to happen again with Tim coming back!

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-28-04, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I did not see that coming."
>agreed, did not see that coming.
>I'm not so sure that
>it was a good twist
>though. The point of the
>show isn't to misdirect the
>audience, it is to misdirect
>the Schmoes. The show has
>gotten somewhat silly since Amanda
>arrived. Tim will be the
>third person that has been
>resurected (sic?) after an eviction.
>I think Tim will come
>back as a Schmoe rather
>than as an actor.
yea i agree with you on that boot bring back boot bring back, it was great the 1st time with hutch, then it could have been good with bryce, but 3 times this season come on get to the end.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Jeesh! How long is this show gonna run for? At this rate, they'll never get down to just 1 man and 1 woman left -- People keep on coming back!

I must say, Tim's eviction was a surprise and they should NOT have shown in the previews that he's coming back. That really spoils things.

There was one clue though... in Tim's last exit, he said "good morning, good afternoon, good evening, goodnight" which is a quote from "the Truman Show"!! Could he have figured it out? Could he have NOT been a schmoe to begin with?? Could the producers have fed him that line?

~??!?!?!?!?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-28-04, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I did not see that coming."
I didn't recognize that as a line from the Truman Show. Great association job. I think that's just too cogent be a coincidence.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-04, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I did not see that coming."
I didn't notice the association with the Truman show either, but I did feel Tim knew this was a setup with his continued defiance of Ralph (Derek) and his extra long exit commentary (like this was his show type of thing). If he hasn't figured it out by now, I'm sure he will when he returns (i.e. playing an imaginary piano).

I suspect he figured it out when he walked in on T.J., Bryce, and Gerald having a good time.

Did anyone else (besides me) get turned on when Amanda did her cartwheel and cheer????

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Did anyone else (besides me) get turned on when Amanda did her cartwheel and cheer????

I must have missed the cartwheel but there's something about those pleated skirts...that gets to me

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun!!!

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Yeah, I liked the cartwheel and cheer. Cheerleaders always get me. Did you notice the running shorts under the skirt?

hamlet_d 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hamlet_d Click to send private message to hamlet_d Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I did not see that coming."
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-04 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

No, he never "figured it out". My theory is that he is an actor. He was fed the line.

They kept tabs on all people at all times. It would have been easy to tell the cameraman that or other producer that "Tim" was on his way, but they didn't. It seemed to staged to me. We know there was a camera in the room with T.J, Bryce, Gerald. (They showed some of their shenanigans). I think the ultimate Scmoes are the other actors. Maybe, they don't know Tim is an actor, only one or two producers no. Maybe they have been debreifing him during his private camera time, while they are debreifing the rest of the cast.

Just my 2% of $1

pinkie_chick 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinkie_chick Click to send private message to pinkie_chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Good call on the Truman Show reference!! I sat straight up in my bed when Tim was kicked off...and I also think the actors were a bit surprised as well...not their usual reactions.

Pinkie_Chick

iphigenia 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iphigenia Click to send private message to iphigenia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I did not see that coming."
I think the show is ruined with all the actors finding out. I mean, Ingrid, she was sharp, I can see that. But Tim is a complete moron, and for HIM to find out?? Please, the actors are total idiots. They didn't think that Tim might come back to the room? They should of been a little more prepared. The actors in the first season were much more professional. If Tim does know, I can't watch the show anymore, it would just be pointless. What's next? Amanda finds out and they turn her into an actress too...? Then they'd ALL be actors. Gasp!

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I did not see that coming."
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-04 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

Maybe WE are the Joe/Jane Schmo's...The Ultimate in Reality, the producers trying to pull a fast one over us.

summer123 68 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-04, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail summer123 Click to send private message to summer123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Wow - you may just have something there. Wouldn't that be an awesome twist???

Summer

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I did not see that coming."
OMH, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at an hour of television! From the memorial clip of Everett any time anyone said the words "Everett" or "dead" (kinda like Peewee Herman's "Word of the Day" Aaaaaaaagghhh!!!), to the dates (what's that show called that does that? anyway, Cammy's especially was hilarious, with Ingrid's "too bad you're full of sh!t!"), to Gerald begging Austin for a pearl necklace, this episode was sheer brilliance!

And Gerald's facial expressions while playing guitar reminded me so much of my old roommate it was scary!

MegsSweetPea 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-29-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MegsSweetPea Click to send private message to MegsSweetPea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I did not see that coming."
Everytime they did the Everett montage I was rolling on the ground. Absolute comedic gold.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-04, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I did not see that coming."
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-04 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

I was surprised too. I figured they would probably recruit him as an actor too for next weeks episode, and just go to town with Amanda. She seems pleasantly ignorant.

Tim was actually upset at the prospect of leaving, so he must have thought he really had a strong chance with Piper. Does he really think she'd pick him out of a crowd?

It would be a really good twist if they would recruit Tim as an actor, but not tell the other actors.... see if they catch on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •