The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

davidliberation 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail davidliberation Click to send private message to davidliberation Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
What's up? Last week they announced tonight's show would be 90 minutes long and that Matt Kennedy Gould would guest star?

The show was only 60 minutes, there was no Matt, and they moved the day and time.

Anybody know what gives?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... greerb 07-06-04 1
   RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... erickman 07-06-04 2
 Wait till tuesday. tribephyl 07-06-04 3
   RE: Wait till tuesday. PsychoJason 07-06-04 4
       RE: Wait till tuesday. tribephyl 07-07-04 5
 RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... mmm_link 07-07-04 6
   RE: Your loss Rabies 07-08-04 11
 RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... xserver 07-07-04 7
   RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... CantStandToLook 07-07-04 8
       RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... PsychoJason 07-07-04 10
   RE: What happened to 90 minutes and... mmm_link 07-07-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greerb 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greerb Click to send private message to greerb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
I was looking forward to Matt as well. And was extremley dissapointed, to find out that it was only for an hour as well.

As for the date and time, it was moved a few weeks ago to Monday after Raw

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-06-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-04 AT 01:08 AM (EST)

well fluffynurse at sucks posted one of the producers rhett said the jokes on us. and i said good job rhett good way to loss your viewers to underpreform

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-04, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Wait till tuesday."
The show actually has a day to make up for this 90min/JoeSchmo1/debacle/stuff.

Everyone must remember the show is actually slated for Tuesdays. Since it was shown on Monday, this may be a reason as to why everyone is so "bent outta shape" over the non-extra 1/2hour of programming.
Tuesdays show should be the Hourandahalf (or 90min.) version.

For me... Now... I understand what the extra 1/2 hour is gonna be.
It's gonna be...
MKG talking about being a Schmo#1!
So what!
Buy the DVD.
Maybe the producers shoulda included that already?

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.

PsychoJason 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-06-04, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoJason Click to send private message to PsychoJason Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wait till tuesday."
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-04 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

NOPE. It's a 60-minute episode this week. Just watched on Tuesday. Sounds like we've been fooled, unlike Ingrid...

As Matt would say: "WHAT IS GOING ON?"

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wait till tuesday."
Unfortunately I had to work tonight and was already slated to tape BB and TAR. I totally missed if it was a 90min or not.
Thanks for the update on this "misguidance".
To bad we never get to see that extra half hour.

By the way, welcome to SB/RTVW, PsychoJason.
I look forward to hearing more from you.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-07-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
We only watched the first half hour since it comes on pretty late here on the east coast. After the decision to keep Ingrid, give her a script, and then bring in someone fresh, we flipped it off. I tend to agree with a different posting that half of the fun of this Schmo 2 was Ingrid keeping the producers on edge. I hope the show will still spark my interest but I wasn't too anxious to try and see the other 60 supposedly missed minutes last night.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-08-04, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Your loss"
If you had kept it on for just 5 minutes longer, you'd have seen they brought in a completely new female "Schmo" to take Ingrid's place.

Your loss.

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-07-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
The Schmo blog explains:

Two words: ratings fears. Viewership drops drastically after midnight, and after the move to our new late night time slot, Spike feared losing viewers for the final half hour. So we lost thirty minutes. We’ll see what we can do about getting the excised half hour on the air soon. It’s very, very funny, and it includes Matt Gould’s appearance and Derek Newcastle’s ‘British Breakfast.’

See the link http://schmoblog.spiketv.com/.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
Two words: ratings fears. Viewership drops drastically after midnight, and after the move to our new late night time slot, Spike feared losing viewers for the final half hour.

I got three letters for that WTF???? Why the hell did they move it to so late to begin with. This is a great show and there are a lot of people staying up late just to watch it...but their move to push it into what should be a dead timeslot to begin with made zero sense.

Sorry to rant at you...cause I'm not ranting at you..but the idiots at Spike that are making some stay up late to see the show.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

PsychoJason 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-07-04, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoJason Click to send private message to PsychoJason Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

>I got three letters for that
>WTF???? Why the hell did
>they move it to so
>late to begin with. This
>is a great show and
>there are a lot
>of people staying up late
>just to watch it...but their
>move to push it into
>what should be a dead
>timeslot to begin with made
>zero sense.
>
>Sorry to rant at you...cause I'm
>not ranting at you..but the
>idiots at Spike that are
>making some stay up late
>to see the show.

One reason only: WWE Raw is not only the highest rated show on Spike TV, but the highest rated show on basic cable! And putting a troubled show on after a ratings powerhouse should equal better ratings...

Unfortunately, WWE Raw, a live show, ends at odd times, so there are lots of Spike TV ads in-between the shows sometimes, and the show sometimes starts at about 10:08pm CDT, leaving a lot of viewers to go to other channels. Also, WWE Raw in Canada airs on TSN instead, so Spike TV has marathons of Real TV or Oblivious, not to mentions all the ads... Not much of a lead-in up north.

At least it still airs on Tuesdays at 9pm CDT, but the 30-minute reduction still doesn't make any sense at all. More viewers are watching late night. Conan, Kimmel, Kilborn. Why not Joe Schmo?

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-07-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What happened to 90 minutes and Matt Kennedy Gould?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

Actually your explanations are quite interesting, too bad it wasn't expressed as well on the show. I look forward to the extra mistakes that you mentioned.

Is there a chance the pool pocket stuff that Ralph Garman did on the show but got left on the editing floor might end up on the DVD version? I personally feel that Ralph is the one making the show interesting to watch. I died laughing when he was in the bee suit and comforted Molly in JS1.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •