The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-12, 06:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
The vast majority of the population is not under a contractual obligation to do exactly what you say or serve jail time.

Oddly enough, your spouse is part of that majority.

Really, go figure.

And now we wait for a one-post wonder to say something about family values.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Yes moonbaby 03-12-12 1
 RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstan... MissMyth 03-12-12 2
 RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstan... udg 03-13-12 3
   RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstan... Snidget 03-13-12 4
   RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstan... MissMyth 03-13-12 5
 RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstan... Colonel Zoidberg 03-23-12 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-12, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Yes"
If there is one couple aside from the BB nightmare team that I cannot stand for all the drama and the crying and running away and the pretend crying when the camera is intent on capturing a manufactured dramatic moment it is this one.

He is really something else and it sounds like she has had just about enough. It's painful to watch them, with his attitude and her verbal sniping, they're acting like a couple of brats.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-12, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-12 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

I hate the way he portrays the military...and husbands...and men in general. Not a good example, at all. She really should have said no to the whole idea of going on the show. Another sad example of trying to fix your problems in a fishbowl.

Edited to add: I almost wished they had decided to try for the FF hoping he would screw up royally. Of course, it would have been Rachel's fault for holding her head wrong.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-13-12, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
When I saw their episode 1 interview and found out that they were going on TAR and he was a recently redeployed soldier, I knew it was a recipe for trouble. I'm a military wife. I have lots of military-wife friends. That readjustment period after a soldier comes home is almost universally harder than the deployment itself! I'm tempted to tell half a dozen anecdotes here to illustrate the point (like the 1SG's wife who finally threw a dinner plate when her husband was acting a lot like Dave).

One one hand, he's being a real #####. On the other hand, I recognize those behaviors as very typical for the months immediately following a redeployment, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if his behavior is very different after he's been home for a while. It would be great if this became an opportunity to educate the general public about the stress of having a spouse come home, since we tend to get a lot of empathy when our husbands leave, but no one outside of the military seems to understand that it's stressful when they come home, too. (And then you feel guilty about being stressed on top of being stressed.)

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-12, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
I've seen some reporting on how hard it is when the loved one returns. So many expectations that can't be filled and so much change both for the person away and the family that learns what they can do on their own when they absolutely have to.

I've never understood how people think a high pressure situation is going to make the stress they are going through all better. I mean sometimes it does seem people settle out into a good place, but there has to be an easier way than the lets pile the stress and hope things shatter in the best possible way.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-12, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
Thank you for your insight. I can't even imagine the amount of stressful readjustment for all concerned. I so wish Rachel and Dave had made a better choice about putting themselves into this situation.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-12, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Major Dave's minor misunderstanding."
He's annoying, belligerent, arrogant, condescending, demanding, and overall, a jerk.

That said, she's no prize either.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •