The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-11, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Discuss.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... jbug 05-09-11 1
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... cahaya 05-09-11 2
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Max Headroom 05-09-11 3
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Starshine 05-09-11 4
   RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... cahaya 05-09-11 5
   RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... kidflash212 05-09-11 6
   RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... samboohoo 05-10-11 9
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... kidflash212 05-09-11 7
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Belle Book 05-09-11 8
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... mrc 05-10-11 10
   RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... cahaya 05-11-11 11
       RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... mrc 05-11-11 12
           RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Bursar 05-11-11 13
 RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Colonel Zoidberg 05-18-11 14
   RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winner... Belle Book 05-18-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Nope, Kent & Vixyn would have been the worst.
No, actually FLO was the worst e.v.e.r. No winner will ever top that.

Mostly with Kisha & Jen it was Jen's giggle/laugh that was super annoying. I didn't notice it so much at first but as the race went on, I was ready to mute her at a moment's notice!

Actually, after the woeful end of their first season and losing by one sheet of TP, I'm okay with their winning.
They made a few dumb mistakes - but most all teams do from time to time.
However, I think they only won because of the lousy taxi driver that Mallory & her dad got. I hope they went back to meet that driver after the race & let him know he made them lose a million dollars!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Worst? In what way?

True, they hadn't won a leg up to that point, but nor did we see them being the bottom dwellers that the Cowboys were. Simply put, they ran under the radar all season always placing somewhere near the middle of the pack.

But the manner in which they treated locals and other team members, as well as each other, may in fact be among the best of winning teams.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Agree completely-- I'd rank them at the bottom of the winners list too. Other than the last leg, they didn't come close to winning an individual leg, nor did they show any semblance of dominance throughout the race. If their strategy was limited to not finishing last in any leg, they were successful at it, but teams should have higher expectations than that.

Given the extremely bad opinion I had of them in their first season, I can't say I was delighted to see them win the race this time around, but they got a better edit this season, making them marginally tolerable to watch. Still, I would've been happier if any of the other three teams in the final episode would've won.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-09-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
TAR: Rob and Brennan Won the race where no-one knew what to expect, difficult to judge, but they won against some strong competition and are probably overall a stronger team than L&J

TAR 2: Chris and Alex Worst team ever to win TAR, would kill their own Grandmothers without a backward glance, won the race by following other teams. Definitely weaker than L&J

TAR 3: Flo and Zach Not strong as a team (I'm looking at you Flo) Zach normally managed to make up the time. Still I think a weaker team than L&J

TAR 4: Reichen and Chip Aaaah Amanda probably a good team, but they didn't have a lot of competition. Still overall probablt stronger than L&J

TAR 5: Chip and Kim Nice people who fluked a win thanks to fog, I don't think that they could beat L&J. On the other hand I think Colon and Christie are the best team the race has seen.

TAR 6: Freddy and Kendra Baby, baby. baby, still amazed that they won their season. L&J would beat them easy.

TAR 7: Uchenna and Joyce Dodgy work at the boarding gate. I think they would beat L&J

The TAR that never was: The Linz Family Well what can I say? I think that L&J would easily beat whichever two Linzes competed against them.

TAR 9: BJ and Tyler Somewhat annoying Hippies (NEVER TRUST A HIPPY) lucky not to be eliminated early in their race. I think it would be a tight race between them and L&J

TAR 10: Tyler and James They were recovering drug addicts you know! They were also dam*ed good racers (who won thanks to a sunpass IIRC). They would beat L&J

TAR 11: Eric and Danielle Ick They did run well against a number of good teams. Think it would be tight between them and L&J.

TAR 12: TK and Rachel Somewhat annoying Hippies (NEVER TRUST A HIPPY) I didn't care for them, many did. I think that L&J would wipe the floor with them.

TAR 13: Nick and Starr Strong racers. I think that Nick and Starrrr are a little stronger than L&J

TAR 14: Tammy and Victor Frequently blew up during the first few legs, calmed down and raced well after that. I think it would be a tight competition between them and L&J. *

TAR 15: Meghan and Cheyne You know, I have forgotten them already. Which makes a comparison hard.

TAR 16: Daniel and Jordan Again I was surprised by their win, but they did prove surprisingly enduring. Still think L&J would sneak it though.

TAR 17: Nat and Kat Those teeth still give me nightmares. A strong, very supportive team. I would give them the edge against L&J

Of course all this is hypothetical, some races would suit some teams more than others. We have a number of examples where teams were eliminated by their taxi drivers. And one memorable occasion where in the first leg a team gave their taxi to the eventual winners and were eliminated.

* Yes I know, but I am judging them against this seasons L&J.

05-09-11, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-11 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Good analysis, with only a few minor points I might quibble a bit on, which puts L&J somewhere near the middle of the winner's pack with your 7-6-4 (W-L-T) estimated record vs winners.

The only other statistic that might point them to being worse than some winners is average placing (relative to number of teams within each leg) for all legs, but I'm not going to spend the half hour or hour to dredge up the stats for that.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-11, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
I would agree with most of your assessments except Nat & Kat. Their competition was weak, where the all male teams they faced were Kevin and his dad and the acapella geeks, Kisha and Jennifer had the Cowboys, the Globetrotters and Zev & Justin.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-11, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking Zach & Flo, Freddy & Kendra, and Chip & Kim right off the bat.

Rob & Brennan: I usually like the first-time winner (why I still like Hatch) because there is such an unknown. They were good sports and had a lot of pretty good competition. This was also during the time when clues were more of clues. I just finished watching TAR 1 not too long ago. I think Rob & Brennan are probably the best winners so far. I absolutely loved it when they beat Frank in NYC.

Advantage Rob & Brennan

Chris & Alex: I remember liking them enough during their season. I also like Tara & Will and Blake & Page.

Advantage Chris & Alex

Flo & Zach: Hated that they won, especially when Flo seemingly gave up during one of the last tasks.

Advantage Keisha & Jen

Chip & Reichen: Strong racers. I thought Kelly & Jon were good as well.

Advantage Chip & Reichen

Chip & Kim: Chip won that race. Kim prety much did nothing. Least deserving.

Advantage: Keisha & Jen

Freddy & Kendra: Didn't like them. Can't recall much about their competition.

Advantage: Keisha & Jen

Uchenna & Joyce: Loved them. They had an amazing comeback. And loved that Joyce shaved her head for it.

Advantage: Uchenna & Joyce

BJ & Tyler: I recall them being saved by a NEL, so they were somewhat lucky. They didn't annoy me as much as they did others.

Advantage BJ & Tyler

Tyler & James: Meh. I don't recall too much else.

Advantage Tyler & James

Eric & Danielle: I didn't like them, but I thought they raced well. She was much better with Eric than her first partner.

Advantage Eric & Danielle

TK & Rachel: Another meh.

Advantage Keisha & Jen

Nick & Starr: Good team.

Advantage Keisha & Jen

Tammy & Victor: Annoying. I remember them having a bit of an advantage in the restaurant task.

Advantage Tammy & Victor

Meghan & Cheyne: While somewhat boring, they rocked it. One of the best teams ever.

Advantage Meghan & Cheyne

Dan & Jordan: Surprising win. Wasn't extremely wild about them.

Advantage Keisha & Jen

Nat & Kat: They did it first as all-female team. Pretty consistent throughout, although I think I recall them being saved by a NEL.

Advantage Nat & Kat

I have it 11 - 5 against Keisha & Jen.

I don't think they were a dominant team. I think they faired better from other's misfortunes. I thought Gary & Mallory were a better team, but they simply had no shot after the cab got lost. I thought Zev & Justin were a better team, especially considering Zev's aspergers. (Zev & Justin picking of tasks wasn't always smart.) One thing I will give Keisha & Jen this time is that they didn't have major blow-ups with themselves or other racers. They also learned the most from their first experience, and I give them major points were improving their swimming skills.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-11 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

I guess it depends on what you mean by "worst". As far as who I personally found distasteful, the worst would easily be BJ & Tyler (saved by two NELs, lame attempts to be funny, etc.), just ever so slightly ahead of Freddy & Kendra. If you mean who was least deserving, I would say Chip & Kim, who were a complete fluke, not to mention half the team never did a single roadblock.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
No. I've seen worse winners. Flo & Zach (well, Flo actually,) still give me a few nightmares! I'd also put Freddie & Kendra and Eric & Danielle behind Kisha & Jen. And although I love Chip & Kim, I think Kisha & Jen would beat them easily.

05-10-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
I don't know that they are the worst winners; I simply wanted some discussion to give me (and others) something to think about.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

05-11-11, 00:24 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Well, it's your turn. Discuss.

05-11-11, 01:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
I wasn't too impressed with the sisters, but others have convinced me that they aren't the worst winners in TAR history. At least they did work on some of their previous issues.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-11, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
>At least they did work
>on some of their previous
>issues.
Bladder control, just to name one.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-11, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Kisha and Jen are far from the worst team ever to win. There is at least one other team that never won a leg that won it all - Eric and Danielle, oddly enough, on the other season of retreads. Kisha and Jen would, if nothing else, give them some stiff competition.

What I was most intrigued by was the way they won. Kisha and Jen were part of the most successful alliance in TAR history. All four teams made the F4. In addition, Kisha and Jen beat some strong teams, albeit inconsistent ones. Both male teams left bounced between first and last - if not for the U-Turn, the Trotters would have been cutting it close with the Cowboys. As it was, they lived another day and made F3 because Big Easy didn't have to spell.

Kisha and Jen were hardly exciting - I found myself rooting for the Trotters simply because they were entertaining - but Kisha and Jen did what the Washington Generals never could. That hardly makes them bad winners.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-11, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kisha and Jen: Worst TAR Winners Ever?"
Yeah, although I don't think the Washington Generals were ever really strong competition for the Globetrotters. Kisha & Jen were strong competition, as we all saw. And they were more consistent than the Globetrotters.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •