The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A double U-Turn?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-10, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A double U-Turn?"
Wow. So who wants to get to F3 the fast way? After all, any team that's U-Turned automatically goes out, so the only way the producers could really mean this to work would be as a double-elimination episode.

Of course, it's possible I'm being unfair here. Maybe one team will be U-Turned twice.

Now: if a team gets hit and there's still another team behind them, can they attack someone else? Or does having their picture posted remove the use option?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A double U-Turn? olathejoe 11-15-10 1
 RE: A double U-Turn? Max Headroom 11-15-10 2
   RE: A double U-Turn? Belle Book 11-15-10 3
   RE: A double U-Turn? Colonel Zoidberg 11-16-10 4
       RE: A double U-Turn? Belle Book 11-16-10 5
           RE: A double U-Turn? PepeLePew13 11-18-10 7
               RE: A double U-Turn? Belle Book 11-20-10 10
 RE: A double U-Turn? Molaholic 11-16-10 6
   RE: A double U-Turn? PepeLePew13 11-18-10 8
 RE: A double U-Turn? Colonel Zoidberg 11-19-10 9
 RE: A double U-Turn? Starshine 11-22-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-10, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
I'm wondering if a team gets to the u-turn and find they have been u-turned, can they then u-turn themselves and then just be on their way? Think about it, if you take two u-turns are you not going the direction you started?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-10, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
I'd bet my last dollar that the next leg will be an NEL.

Making all this U-Turn stuff just hype.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-10, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
Me too. Although hopefully Nat & Kat can avoid being U-Turned.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
The episodes are lining up for it to be an NEL - which makes the double U-Turn, or as I like to call it, "a bunch of crap," purely experimental, like that section of the LSAT that's not scored. Sure, it still tortures the participants sufficiently. But it doesn't actually count for anything. Except for a bunch of viewers having to use the extended warranties on their TVs to repair holes in their screens in the shapes of remote controls, shoes, or tequila bottles.

11-16-10, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
Don't think I'll be one of those viewers, but the image is funny!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
>Don't think I'll be one of those viewers,

So you're saying you're more of a pistol-firing type of person?

11-20-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
Nah, I'm just not the type of person to throw stuff at my TV. I could've done it when Brandy & Maks were eliminated on DWTS, but if I didn't do it then I doubt I'll do it if there is a NEL.

That said, I doubt it will be a NEL.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
How's about this for a twist -- the "Boomerang U-Turn" (aka "Pay-Back's a b!tch!")

Team A gets to the U-Turn mat first, and posts Team B's pic. They move on and complete the task.

Team B arrives, sees they've been jobbed, and decide to let Team A have it -- so Team A is informed (maybe steps from the Philster) that they need to go back...

<This idea is officially copyrighted by me, Molaholic, MMX. If EPBvM wants to use it, send me a boat-load of cash>

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 06:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 06:36 AM (EST)

That wouldn't be something they (the producers) are able to comprehend...

But what about this, what if two teams race to the U-Turn box and simultaneously say the other team is being U-Turned? Would they both then have to do the extra task or are they going to have to go through a photo finish analysis to figure out who said the magic word a split second before the other team did? If there's a double-U-Turn, I would imagine that once a team has been U-Turned, they can't go on to do the same to the team that just did it to them - but what if there was a tie like I outlined above?

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
Also - why is it that the only person in the world to think of the correct way to use a U-Turn is a crazy old lobster? Namely, that they need to make people use it at the start of the leg, identifying themselves in secret until they get to the Detour.

It benefits the teams ahead at the start of the leg, thus rewarding them for doing well on the previous leg (maybe as a means of cdounter-balancing a bunching point) and it doesn't necessarily allow teams to bury other teams mid-leg.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-22-10, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A double U-Turn?"
Alas we didn't find the answer to your questions.

I liked the double U turn, it added a bit of interest to the leg. I thought that the bricks task suited Chad and Stephanie a lot more than Claire and hyper Brooke but it looked like they both took about the same amount of time.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Still think that the Amanda and Kris elimination was very unfair

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •