The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you come in first during a leg...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-10, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you come in first during a leg...."
expect your lead to be wiped out completely on the next one.

Seriously? This is two weeks in a row that the first place team was sent off late at night and then had to sit around either a bus station or an airport for the whole freaking night while everyone else caught up.

On leg two, Jet and Cord were first, then sent off to begin leg three at 11:20pm only to be forced to wait at a bus station until 8:30am for the first bus to Bariloche. In the end, they came in first again, but then were sent off to begin leg 4 last night at 10:57pm only to be forced again to wait another entire night for an 11:00 flight the next morning to Hamburg.

Now I understand that production needs the teams to be fairly close together, especially when there are still this many, but isn't it a little ridiculous that you get almost zero advantage on the next leg for coming in first? The other teams get to rest, eat, go to the hospital or whatever else, while you are stuck waiting for them to all bunch up with you.

I've been 2 Patched!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you come in first during a l... vince3 03-08-10 1
   RE: If you come in first during a l... ARnutz 03-08-10 2
       RE: If you come in first during a l... olathejoe 03-08-10 3
 RE: If you come in first during a l... newsomewayne 03-08-10 4
   RE: If you come in first during a l... jbug 03-08-10 5
       RE: If you come in first during a l... PsychoKitty 03-08-10 6
   RE: If you come in first during a l... ARnutz 03-08-10 7
 Episode 7 Seana 03-29-10 8
   RE: Episode 7 PepeLePew13 03-29-10 9
       RE: Episode 7 olathejoe 03-29-10 10
           RE: Episode 7 Earl Colby Pottinger 03-29-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
Three legs in a row.

Jeff/Jordan had the lead after the first leg and had their lead negated by waiting around at a bus station, as well.......

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-08-10, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
Ah, well, there ya go. I could not remember the one prior to leg 2.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-10, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
The only thing that surprises me about bunching is people are still surprised by it. It would be easier to count up the number of race legs it didn't happen.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-10, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
Hello, ARnutz. Welcome to the boards. I hope you are enjoying your first season of Amazing Race.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
*snort*

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-10, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
Hahahaha! Excellent! ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

03-08-10, 07:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: If you come in first during a leg...."
*whack*

You know, maybe it's happened more in recent seasons, but I can remember not long ago when some teams would be on planes before other teams would leave pitstops and IIRC, they would leave the pit stop with just 3 to 4 hours to be stuck waiting at the airport, not eleven.

I've been 2 Patched!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-10, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-10 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Oh look, the producers did it again! It was nice of them to explain that this time it was because the place they were going to was so remote that there was only one flight, so everyone was on it. But the question remains: why bother showing everyone leaving this time?

Mike and Louie 12:35
Carol and Brandy 01:28
Steve and Allie 01:57
Jet and Cord 02:36
Dan and Jordan 03:36
Brent and Caite 04:36

Louie and Mike had a lead of nearly 1 hour on the next team. They had a lead of 4 hours on Caite and Brent.

This particular bunching gave some serious help to 2 of the weaker teams: Brent and Caite and Dan and Jordan. I have to admit that they used this to their advantage. But they haven't been strong. If Brent and Caite end up anywhere near the Final Three, I'll scream. I really will.

I am proud that I made this table. I like tables. Can anyone tell me how to get it so that it's not so far from the top? I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Edit to do what Pepe said. THANK-YOU!!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-10, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 7"
Nice table, Seana!

I've had that problem before with spacing - for some reason, this site sees the 'enter' that you put in after each row and puts in an empty space before the table starts in your post.

What I do is to put the whole table together with the 'enter' in between to help me with the visual cues to tell me where each line starts and ends, then when I'm ready to post it, I delete the 'enter' and replace it with a tap of the space bar in between and just run them all as one continuous 'sentence'.

As for the bunching... well, that's what we get when they go to such remote places as the Seychelles.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-10, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 7"
The first teams still could have gotten to the airport first and got the best seats available but the decided to go eat first, which was almost a game ender for the cowboys.

I guess my point is they still had an advatage being in the top three, but they blew that on lunch.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-10, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 7"
That is very true, it depends on the plane but on some flights it seems that I have had to wait ten-fifteen minutes to get off the plane if I was to the back and the flight was fully booked.

We will hopefully see the start times next week, and if the cowboys were less than five to seven minutes behind the girls, then they paid big for not going to the airport first and getting tickets towards the front.

Yes, I remember the helicopter rides so maybe it would not matter after all. But this is a RACE!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •