The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"3/25 - What a crappy episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-07, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"3/25 - What a crappy episode"
The fix is in.

While I don't relish the thought of watching Charla & Mirna run around the world with a 24-hour lead, the "storm" that caused the first dhow departure to be delayed until the following morning was a joke. Do the producers really think a time-lapse shot of gathering clouds and some ominous music will make us think it was going to storm? Gee, it wasn't raining when Oswald and Danny arrived later, nor was there any evidence of strong winds such as blown-down tree limbs, etc. Hmm.

The flight scheduling issues were also disappointing. In previous legs of this edition of the race, the producers booked "backup" tickets to compensate for difficult bookings, so why didn't they do that this time? Two teams lost a day and a half sitting around airports in southern Africa! And the others didn't fare much better, other than the supremely lucky Charla & Mirna. Why, why, WHY?

And how about that 3-hour separation between dhow departures? Think Uchenna and Joyce were relaxed going across the water with the Beauty Queens on dhow #2, knowing there were a few teams behind them by at least 3 hours? "Marked for elimination", my @ss. Couldn't they have added a special shave-your-heads fast forward too?

And they wonder why ratings are declining...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode vince3 03-26-07 1
   RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode davwav02 03-26-07 13
 RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode HobbsofMI 03-26-07 2
   Re-bunching possibilities. Estee 03-26-07 3
       RE: Re-bunching possibilities. Snidget 03-26-07 4
       Are you kidding? udg 03-26-07 5
           RE: Are you kidding? PsychoKitty 03-26-07 12
       RE: Re-bunching possibilities. popeave 03-26-07 7
           RE: Re-bunching possibilities. dragonflies 03-26-07 9
               RE: Re-bunching possibilities. Snidget 03-26-07 10
 RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode finallytyping 03-26-07 6
   RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode tamarama 03-26-07 8
       RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode finallytyping 03-26-07 11
 RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode dabo 03-26-07 14
 RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode ladybugen 03-27-07 15
 Or?? tied for first? mom2bjm 03-27-07 16
   RE: Or?? tied for first? popeave 03-27-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
Charla/Mirna and Cha Cha Cha have a nearly 24 hour lead over last place Guidos. That's bad enough. Can you imagine the headaches that would be caused if Schmirna had a 24 hour lead over 2nd place? I agree that the dhow not sailing until the next morning due to "a storm at sea" is suspicious. Remember, though, that dhow ride is at least a 3 hour tour {echo: a 3 hour tour}, so it's entirely possible that there was a bad storm somewhere close to Zanzibar....... but you're right it reaks of a fix.......

A gift from Cygnus!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-26-07, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
On the one hand, the weather delay did appear to be a bit staged. I'm sure if there actually was any type of bad weather over that time period, they would have shown it, so it's probably true that the ominous clouds were the best they could come up with. (Gee, why didn't they just fake some stock footage from somewhere else?)

On the other hand, after the whole flights fiasco, I think they did the right thing. They always need to keep all the teams within a reasonable distance of each other. First off, it would be boring to watch one or two teams with a 24-hour lead. Second, it would be impossible to fly Phil out to film for the next roadblocks/detours/etc., and then have to fly him back to check teams into the pitstops. Both practically and financially, it would be completely unreasonable.

While it may be questionable behavior in the spirit of the game, I believe it was both necessary and appropriate.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
I totally agree......Charla & Minrna should be way out in front and it was also not that they did not want to travel at night because D&M traveled to the island by night.

The problem with flights seemed to be a little on the teams because they all stayed with the same airlines and never checked with anyone else flying into Johannesburg. T&I and Guido's finally got on a noon flight with another airlines and why couldn't they get that same flight the day before instead of waiting for a day for the LAL/SAA stand by flight.....

And the 3 hours between dhow made U&J so relaxed and they also knew there was 3 more teams on flight behind them. Look at Double DD's when they were marked...there was no way to create space between them and another team.

The producers blew it big time. So know how will they real C & M in when they have a whole day lead?

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Re-bunching possibilities."
It depends on how blatant the producers want to be. With the next jump apparently heading for Europe (the armor), it'll be hard to restrict everyone to a single flight unless they deliberately provide tickets for just one plane and disallow other options. Or Charla & Mirna show up at the Detour and find out it's closed on Tuesdays. A giant net drops from the sky to imprison Danny & Oswald until the Guidos show up to undo the knots.

Note that Charla was doing what appears to be a Roadblock at night, though -- so at least one possible Hours Of Operation holdup spot is off the board.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Re-bunching possibilities."
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

Stick in an intersection where the team you work with you have to draw for.

Can you imagine Charla/Mirna if they have to sit there for a day before the Guidos show up?

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-26-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Are you kidding?"
Note that Charla was doing what appears to be a Roadblock at night, though -- so at least one possible Hours Of Operation holdup spot is off the board.

What you didn't see is that C & M got there at 8 am, only to discover that the hours of operation were dusk to dawn.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-26-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Are you kidding?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one Udg!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Re-bunching possibilities."
All the producers need to do to re-bunch is require the teams to take a boat off the island again. They can schedule the dhows to go whenever they want. They can delay the boats because of pirates or sea serpents or something like that.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Re-bunching possibilities."
Do you think the sea serpent might take Mirna off of our hands for us?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Re-bunching possibilities."
Unfortunately I think it would make the sea serpant sicker than Charla on a dhow.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
Hmmm, maybe all the voice-overs of "will Dustin and Kandace
be the first all women team ever to win the race?" was
trying to throw us off the scent of Charla and Mima winning.
I have no spoilers to report. Just a futile attempt at irony.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-26-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
Thanks for the nightmares, FT.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
You're welcome! I'm relieved to have someone to help lessen
the burden of carrying these nightmares all by myself!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-07 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

Shucks, that's nothin', there's a full moon almost every night on Survivor.

ladybugen 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-27-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladybugen Click to send private message to ladybugen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 3/25 - What a crappy episode"
I too agree that the brewing storm is more than a little suspicious. I think the result is TAR will never go back to DAS because it is obviously just to hard to get to. They know they screwed up big time on this leg - there was absolutely no suspense in terms of what order teams would arrive in and if U/J would be safe - but I do think we'd all be having a slightly different conversation if Schmirna wasn't the team in 1st place at this point.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-27-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Or?? tied for first?"
OR??

You can visit the SeeBeEss site where they have Schmirna and Danny & Oswald tied for first place...

*snicker*

My hippos love Tribe!

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Or?? tied for first?"
Ha! Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/shows/ep06/

Here's what they show:

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •