LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 03:53 PM (EST)
This is very unofficial and not up to the high standards set on this board. I'm sure I missed a few details. Please be gentle.
Previously on Beg, Borrow & Deal - all the highlights from last week, including Bubba's goal and Team Contact's meltdown.
When the real episode starts Team Cobi is on their way to Denver. Actually, due to the 12-hour rule, they can't make it all the way to Denver from KC by bus, so they stop in Limon, CO - a very small town, as Josh points out. The team also points out that riding the bus wasn't the most pleasant experience. One of Juliet's friends from Colorado Springs picks them up and takes them to Boulder, where another of Juliet's friends opens their house to them. The ladies enjoy the opportunity to use makeup and pretty themselves up.
Meanwhile, Team Contact arrives in Dallas where they are met by Julian's friend. They stay at his house for the night. They hit the Net and phones and score some success with the Mavericks' PR office. All they have to do is come on down... not as easy as it seems with no money. They try begging for rides from random supermarket patrons, but that doesn't work very well. Finally they take a public train to where they need to go. One of the employees paid for their tickets. They make it to the arena, meet their PR rep, and first try 3-point shots. After a hideous looking practice session, Julian goes first and sinks the worst 3-pointer I've ever seen. But good enough to cut the lead to 8-6.
Now comes the discussion - the Mavericks are playing the Sacramento Kings, and Chris Webber, former #1 pick, is a King and in town. Katie argues that they should forefeit the task they just did, take the $300, and take their chances with Chris. The others disagree and there is no forefeit.
Team Cobi sets up a task where they would help anchor a radio broadcast for 4 hours. They finessed and BS'd their way through it. Cobi takes a 9-6 lead. The team discusses what they should do for their last task. The discussion turns to the obvious - the tattoo. Bubba and Kelli are willing, Josh and Juliet less so. No agreement there.
Team Contact sticks around to meet Chris Webber anyway because they can earn an extra point for accomplishing that task. Chris is surprisingly nice and wants to help, but he's not sure he has sneakers to spare. So he gives them a bottle of Mountain Dew, which is one of the products he endorses. Good enough. Contact works the media and get a ride to Hooters, where they get feted like royalty. Then they get invited to a nearby night club, where everyone gets a chance to shake their groove thangs - some better than others (Katie & Tony were good, Aubrey less good). After the celebration, Julian has another friend take them to Oklahoma City.
Somewhere in there Julian sent an e-mail to Mavericks owner Mark Cuban asking to use his airplane to get out of Dallas. Unfortunately, Julian refers to the "Seattle Kings", which completely blows this slender chance.
Meanwhile, on Team Cobi, Juliet shames here sister into bagging a final exam and letting them use her car to go to Salt Lake City, where Juliet's sister's friend has offered to buy bus tickets to Sacramento. Unfortunately the car breaks down. But wait! Juliet's sister has a cell phone! Call AAA! Alas, the phone went dead. So now they're stuck in the middle of Wyoming. Whereareyouareyouareyouareyou? Lost! Sorry, flashback to a different show. But you all know what I mean.
* The good news is Team Contact got to Dallas and got two tasks done. The bad news is only one task counted, and they remain three tasks and hundreds of miles behind Team Cobi.
* Katie was half right - they should have either taken the forefeit or gone straight out of Dallas. Why torture yourself by waiting for Chris Webber? The upgrade in points is worth much, much less than the $300 would have been. Actually, I would have fought to get out of there.
* Well, at least Team Contact can do something right - they know how to party.
* Hey Rich, we didn't get it the first five times you explained the Run of the House rule to us, so could you please explain it AGAIN?
* Next week is the season finale! Will Contact pull out the miracle? Quit laughing. What's up with Cobi? Will they get out of Wyoming? Duh. And what's up with the late game negativity? It's just a tattoo; don't plaster the Twinkies on your fanny and you'll be fine.