The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"East Coast thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-07, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"East Coast thread"
Just in case anyone actually wants to talk about the final show that matters.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Dammit PagongRatEater 09-12-07 1
   RE: Dammit Estee 09-13-07 2
       RE: Dammit PagongRatEater 09-13-07 3
   RE: Dammit Sues 09-13-07 4
       RE: Dammit Snidget 09-13-07 6
 RE: East Coast thread Loree 09-13-07 5
   RE: East Coast thread PagongRatEater 09-13-07 7
       RE: East Coast thread Sues 09-13-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-12-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Dammit"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-07 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

OK, and the whole reason I started this thread was because I was so disappointed that Gerry Dee got eliminated. IMO he was the funniest every week since we moved to this stage of the competition. He was obviously very disappointed, too. Felt bad for him, but I think that's a lot of the problem with this format. Why don't we get to know these comics anymore instead of this hurry-up-and-crown-a-winner format?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dammit"
I stopped watching because I couldn't stand Bill Bellamy and the Stall Tactics Of Death any more. Having Gerry go out means I have no reason to even consider watching the finale any more. I have no one to root for, and I sure don't have anyone to vote for.

I miss the house.

(Censored), I even miss the ship.

09-13-07, 08:14 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Dammit"
I agree. Why don't they understand that Dat Phan hide-and-seek is where this show peaked? I don't blame Bellamy though. I'm sure it was a producer decision. Besides, hes a WAAAY better host that the perpetually terrified Anthony Clark.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dammit"
I missed the house too....I like to see if folks are funny off stage. I think Jay was probably my favorite host. However, I too would pick Bill over Anthony, he was AWFUL!!

I'm glad to see people agree with me on Gerry. I was soooo disappointed to see him go. I actually think he's funnier than the final two. Levalle (sp?) wasn't even remotely funny last night. I enjoy a comic who's more than a one or two trick pony. Fat and race jokes can be funny, but not endlessly....I also think Gerry is visually good for TV, he's got an attractiveness that viewer friendly. aaahhhhh well....

What is it that they win anyways? And where are the past winners?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dammit"
They do get a comedy special in addition to any money. I think it will be on Bravo.

I have seen more of some of the also rans than the winners.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: East Coast thread"
This season has been boring. Gerry Dees was the only one I liked. And I still do not understand the Lavall love. He will probably win.

09-13-07, 04:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: East Coast thread"
I loved Lavelle early on, and he was funny every week, great in the challenges and seemed really nice. It seemed that he showed a dark, angry side that week that Amy won the challenge and for whatever reason I've continued to see this brooding side of him since. With the exception of the Cub Scout-Bear dialog he hasn't really been funny in the top 5.

And that's the problem with this hurry-up, impersonal format - we don't get enough time or exposure to get past our initial impressions, so the frontrunner early becomes the prohibitive favorite. Gerry never had a chance, even though he was clearly the funniest or among the funniest every top 5 week.

I'm sorry to see him go. I'm sure he would have brought the funny last night. I really didn't think that either of them did and don't care which of the two wins. I just feel bad that Gerry was obviously so distraught about it. He deserved better.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-07, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: East Coast thread"
well, as Snidget said...the 'also rans' often do just fine....so I'm hoping he lands somewhere we can see him

Lavelle is funny in short spurts, he's not good enough for the long run and his sore loser bit over a WOMAN winning something was just icky...

aaahhhh well...bring on the next 'reality' debaucle!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •