The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-07, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute summary"
The final 10 are short bussed by an out of work Ron Jeremy to The Ice House for their first challenge.

Heckle challenge. Seeing a recycled challenge, my first thought is Please, do NOT bring back the Adam Corolla - magazine comedy routine challenge. That was the most painful 10 minutes ever in the history of Reality TV. Combatants are chosen via a stolen Lotto 5 machine. One person does comedy, the other heckles. After first five go, the roles are switched. Best to deal with the heckles, via audience vote, gets immunity.

Winner, deservedly so, Lavell Crawford.

Immediately after the challenge, the players are taken to the voting booth. This show must have been produced by the same people who brought us Live Earth. The phone booth is in the middle of an empty soccer field inside a fully lit stadium. Don't they know climate change isn't funny?

3 people vote for Dante, including Lavell, so Gina Yashere and Ralph Harris are automatically chosen as the other two to perform. I, am automatically happy because two I didn't think deserved to be there and 1 I wasn't sure about are out to eliminate each other. Two are guaranteed to be out.

The show-down:
Gina is first and performs like the warm-up act she is. Kinda funny, but you just know something funnier is coming on later.

Dante is getting ready and tells the camera this will be his best set of his career. To us, that means he's bringing out the greatest jokes of his 20+ year career. To him that means he's going with some sappy crap about his 4 year old and the host of the show that he made up 5 minutes before he went on stage. I am hopeful. Surely the audience won't fall for this crap twice!

We get to see the other comedian's take on Dante when they discuss what they'll have to tell him if he gets to come back. Gerry is asked who he wants to lose and replies "I caDante say."

Ralph is on and does a bit about being a hyper kid who gets to tell off his bum of an uncle. It was fast-paced with lots of imagination and good rhythym. Not much in the way of jokes, but an impressive soliloquy nonetheless. I laughed and so did the audience. A lot. Not a great routine, but good enough to win this and that is smart. No reason to bring your A game out to knock off some C level players.

Black Daddy comes out and tells the audience there is no need to vote by hugging Ralph and telling him his set was the bomb.

The vote is revealed and it isn't even close. With 60+%, Ralph wins and Dante is GONE! Sianara you cocky Son of a Biscuit Eater. Oh, Gina is out as well.

Stomach-turning sigs by Sharnina, 2007

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Really, really bluntly: Estee 08-02-07 1
   RE: Really, really bluntly: hunterjax 08-03-07 4
 RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute... Fishercat 08-03-07 2
 RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute... Bebo 08-03-07 3
 RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute... Loree 08-04-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-07, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Really, really bluntly:"
Until Ralph delivered his set, I was perfectly ready for all three of them to go home.

Ron Jeremy isn't out of work. VH1 still has decades to cover!

Pretty sure it was Doug Benson with the caDan'te lien.

Stupidest. Voting. Set. Ever.

Poor, poor Newsome. It may just be me and thee. And I'm not so sure about me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-07, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Really, really bluntly:"
I'm still watching too. With the way they were dragging out the audition and semifinal rounds, I wasn't even sure if they were going to do the "live in a house together" thing. And actually, I'm still not sure they are. It's weird how there is no emphasis on the abode considering how the hyped the QM II ship last season. Anyway, I'm just glad we don't have to look at Kathleen or hear Ant anymore.
I actually like the heckling challenge. Clearly, being a creative heckler is tough. I think the heckling is much tougher than the performer recovery.
I also couldn't understand a dang word Ralph said. I'm a lip reader and I couldn't keep up...and neither could my close captioning. I'm gonna keep watching.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-07, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute summary"
They all did pretty well with the hecklers. I'm very glad Lavell could bring out more than the "I'm fat" jokes in the heckling challenge...still self-deprecating but in a different way. I did think that Reep was thrown off a little bit after Gerry's heckle, although I'm figuring it's because his NFL Mascot/sounds was probably the best bit in his set instead of the heckling doing anything.

The voting set is weird and not in a funny way.

I too, was thrilled to see three people who I didn't think deserved to get into the next round, all placed in the group. And when Dante and Gina bombed, it made me happy. Sad to say it, but it did. I couldn't understand a word Ralph was saying, but I just assume it was better.

My general impressions of the comics didn't change much. Jon Reep may have moved up a slot because as dumb as the Panther/Dolphin/etc. joke was, I still laughed my ##### off. Amy was funny, but to be fair, anyone but Rebecca Corey could make fun of her heckling partner. And she went for the obvious jokes: Harry Potter, child, etc. Although, I did enjoy the fetus twist and the sly abortion comment.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-07, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute summary"
Way to sum up an hour's tedium. I had stopped watching the prelim shows, but decided to flip back now they're down to business. Glad to know I wasn't the only one snoring through those first two sets - I was worried that I had lost my sense of humor.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 10: Showdown 1 - 5 minute summary"
I got bored with the auditions and didn't watch the last few weeks. So I was surprised after dragging the auditions out for months that they sent 2 comics home on the first show. I guess now they are in a hurry. Strange.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •