The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"disappointment "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Soooooo_anthonyclark_sucks 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Soooooo_anthonyclark_sucks Click to send private message to Soooooo_anthonyclark_sucks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"disappointment "
Alright, am I the only one who thinks Anthony Clark is unlikable, annoying, and frankly, not funny?
Maybe it's just disappointing after expecting to see Jay and his opening stand up to see Anthony who rarely smiles and every word that comes out of his mouth is a rehearsed, canned compliment...
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: disappointment NewFan 06-21-06 1
 RE: disappointment badfatty 06-21-06 2
 RE: disappointment Loree 06-21-06 3
   RE: disappointment LittleFox 06-21-06 4
 RE: disappointment triednottowatch 06-21-06 5
 RE: disappointment Estee 06-22-06 6
   RE: disappointment alyse73 07-03-06 7
 RE: disappointment coffeehousemt 07-14-06 8
   RE: disappointment zazzy 07-16-06 9
       RE: disappointment Sydney Rain 07-20-06 10
 RE: disappointment susang 07-26-06 11
   RE: disappointment NewFan 07-26-06 12
 RE: disappointment kmt1229 07-27-06 13
 RE: disappointment CantStandToLook 08-09-06 14
 RE: disappointment ropefish_3 08-09-06 15
   RE: disappointment Sues 09-07-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: disappointment "
I'm not familiar with Anthony Clark at all. What is his background?

And yes, I do find him very dull, not funny, and even nervous at times. Seems to be way out of his league and is certainly not memorable. But maybe that was planned so he won't upstage any of the comics.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

badfatty 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badfatty Click to send private message to badfatty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: disappointment "
I agree 100%, and I'm surprised to have not seen this sentiment expressed more.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-21-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: disappointment "
I have never liked Anthony and was upset when I heard he was the new host. So I am not surprised by how unfunny he is.

But lastnight it looked like he had just got up out of his coffin to do the show. His face was so white and he had mascara on and lipstick. Really bizarre.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: disappointment "
LOL! I kept saying that all night last night! How did he ever get to be on tv?? SO boring........

<>

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-21-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: disappointment "
Actually, he started out as a stand-up comedian. Then he got a dreadful sit-com, Boston Common, where he was a hick transplanted to Boston College (I think as a book store employee or something like that) and now he is on Yes Dear where the only funny person on the show is Mike O'Malley.

I think Anthony has a terrible complexion, thus the heeeeeaaavy pancake.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: disappointment "
I think they'd be better off letting the fortune-telling machine host. It's twice as charismatic and three times as animated.

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-03-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: disappointment "
He is not funny, he looks weird with all that make-up. Totally nor funny. Also, he has no "flow"..like a robot.

coffeehousemt 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-06, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coffeehousemt Click to send private message to coffeehousemt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: disappointment "
Ugh. I totally agree. I think Yes Dear is one of the WORST shows that I have ever seen in my life. It must be terrible for the comedians competing to have such a sucky host and not be able to point out how totally awful and boring he is. I was hoping we would get something at the roast, but nothing. Uck. I can't accurately share my distaste for him.

I wasn't a huge fan of Jay, but at least he used to tell some jokes and set the bar a bit. Sigh.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-16-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: disappointment "
Why isn't Jay there anymore?

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-20-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: disappointment "
Yeah, I wish Jay was back too. I wasn't thrilled with him back then, but AC has made me appreciate him. Everything is relative.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-26-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: disappointment "
Jay was a much better host. AC does not fit in w/the show at all.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: disappointment "
He's getting slightly better with each show. Last night it appeared that someone had even put in new batteries!

Did anyone see Kathy Griffin's "My Life on the D List" or whatever her new show is, where they showed her hosting "Last Comic Standing"? They did some behind-the-scenes stuff where they showed Anthony's team applying his makeup. Made me laugh!

kmt1229 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kmt1229 Click to send private message to kmt1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: disappointment "
I agree- AND he never looks directly at the comics. It's weird.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: disappointment "
I've seen Anthony Clark on a few shows where he was genuinely funny but his standup last night was just dead. I wonder if he forgot how to be funny after having to tone himself down for the season to let the comics shine.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

ropefish_3 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-09-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ropefish_3 Click to send private message to ropefish_3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: disappointment "
I was a huge comedy club groupie back in my college days in Boston when Anthony Clark ruled the comedy clubs here. He was hysterically funny and could fill any room any night of the week. He was quite gregarious and fun - nothing like the stiff we see on LCS. I probably saw his act 50 or more times and still enjoyed it. My sisters and I still (15 years later) reference his jokes. I do not understand what has happened to him. Where has his funny gone? It's really weird to see him so stiff and unfunny. It's like he's a different person. I can see the sitcoms not being great - other people write those, but his stand up last night was so sub-par I cringed thru most of it.

sig courtesy of Syren

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-07-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: disappointment "
He's HORRENDOUS as an 'actor'....I believe you ropefish when you say he was good 'back in the day' otherwise, how'd he get here? Sadly, he has indeed lost his 'funny' and is downright painful to watch....

I actually think Jay is hilarious but would LOVE to see Kathy host next year...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •