The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LCS - From 12 to 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-20-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LCS - From 12 to 10"
So...was anyone else pleasantly NOT surprised by the three in the first head-to-head? Since they were three of my least favorite after the prelims, I was glad that I didn't have to worry about an upset leading to the early elimination of someone that I wanted to see again.

What did surprise me was actually caring which one did stay. I was not impressed by Michelle before tonight, but I thought she was by far the best in the head-to-head.

I've been trying to reserve judgment, since I've been burned in the past by good first impressions of comics only to be seriously disappointed after the second or third routine (see Phan, Dat). After tonight, my opinion of Michelle definitely went up.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Fishercat 06-20-06 1
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 volsfan 06-20-06 3
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 ARnutz 06-20-06 2
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Bebo 06-20-06 4
       RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Estee 06-22-06 22
 Agree Jims02 06-20-06 5
   RE: Agree jackandjill 06-21-06 6
   RE: Agree geekboy 06-21-06 10
   RE: Agree triednottowatch 06-21-06 14
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Pretty_Kitty 06-21-06 7
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 akiss4u2have 06-21-06 18
       thank you Pretty_Kitty 06-23-06 26
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 geg6 06-21-06 8
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 geekboy 06-21-06 9
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 badfatty 06-21-06 12
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Loree 06-21-06 11
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 LittleFox 06-21-06 13
   You are right. triednottowatch 06-21-06 15
       RE: You are right. starshyn99 06-21-06 16
       RE: You are right. badfatty 06-21-06 17
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 akiss4u2have 06-21-06 19
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 LittleFox 06-22-06 23
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 BOYmeetsREALITY 06-22-06 20
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Bebo 06-22-06 21
       RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 BOYmeetsREALITY 06-23-06 27
           RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 Bebo 06-23-06 28
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 LittleFox 06-22-06 24
 Missing inaction. Estee 06-22-06 25
 RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 CattyChat 06-23-06 29
   RE: LCS - From 12 to 10 badfatty 06-26-06 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-20-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
What Bebo said.

Yeah, there was a clear hierarchy tonight in the final performance, the audience got it right.

Not shockingly, two of the least deserving went home, good.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
*standing in agreement*

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-06 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-20-06 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I totally agree. While I'm not crazy about Michelle, she was miles above the other two tonight. ...and it was clear the audience agreed by the votes for her being 83%!

April Macie & Stella probably shouldn't have been chosen in the first place! Glad both of them are gone. They didn't even impress me in the semis.

ETA: Oh! Was that too funny when Bill Dwyer voted and said he knows he's funnier than ANT??? I *spewed* my water, LOL!

One more thing! I have a request, can we just eliminate 2 each week and get this over with fast?

06-20-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
ROFL - Bill did have the line of the night.

I was a bit nervous about the format, thinking that two of them might be good and split the vote so that the feeble one slid through. That's not to say that it won't happen down the road. I did yell at the TV when they showed someone pushing the number 1 on the keypad - wonder if that was the only person to push that button, or whether they staged it for the filming.

And I thought Anthony said that each week two will be eliminated until we get down to 6. Bubba and Pinto were howling, so I might have gotten it wrong.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
And I thought Anthony said that each week two will be eliminated until we get down to 6. Bubba and Pinto were howling, so I might have gotten it wrong.

I caught the rerun -- was out that night -- and that's what it sounded like. That's going to make this a very short season.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agree"
(Not to be an AyaK-wannabe with the title, but it seemed right.)

Michelle was, by far, funnier than April and Stella tonight. Probably because, as a guy, she told the most gender-neutral stuff tonight. I couldn't stand Stella's show. She spent the whole three minutes saying a bunch of female-targeted jokes and whatnot. Basically stuff that didn't appeal to me at all. It was as if she had decided that she didn't want any of the male votes. April wasn't as bad as Stella, and I did laugh a bit, but I didn't think she was as great as Michelle.

Kudos, Michelle.

Overall, I thought tonight's show was hysterical. The heckling was great, as well as the comebacks. I thought the Chris Porter/Josh Blue exchange was hilarious.

jackandjill 204 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-21-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jackandjill Click to send private message to jackandjill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Agree"
I think you hit the nail on the head. Stella lost half the vote by bashing the male population.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-21-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Agree"
Write it down now.

On June 21, 2006, at 12:58 pm, geekboy made the following prediction:

Josh Blue and Chris Porter are your final two. Josh Blue takes the title of "Last Comic Standing, 2006"

geekboy

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Agree"
Not only was Stella's material old and hackneyed, she has probably the worst delivery of any comic I have ever heard. I still don't know how she got in the final group.

The only thing that would have made the episode any better was if they had just kicked those three off without them doing a routine and use the time to let Josh, Bill, and Chris do some bonus material for the people that should matter, US!

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-21-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I was robbed!!!! Baseball was on so I totally missed last night! do they replay this on Bravo?

akiss4u2have 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail akiss4u2have Click to send private message to akiss4u2have Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
yes the replay is thursday night. I also found on the last weeks episode on Bravo right before this weeks aired. it has alos been on Friday nights on NBC?

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-23-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "thank you"
I love the show and was so ticked baseball was on!!! but thanks to the great folks on this board even if I miss the show I dont feel like I've missed anything. The summeries are usually better than the show anyway

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I'm with you, Bebo.

Stella sucked. There's just no pretty way of putting it. Really unlikeable.

April sucked slightly less.

Michelle kicked their butts last night.

And Bill Dwyer is now my favorite. He had me at the vote.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-21-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
Hi All -

I agree with you all - Michelle kicked booty last night. April's voice just annoys me to no end, so i'm glad she's gone. She shoudl NOT have been in the finals. Same for Stella, you just knew going in she would be one of hte first to go.

On another note...since LCS is one of the least memorable shows that i watch ... is the fact that they're kicking two comics per week (initially) a change in format? I simply don't recall.

geekboy

badfatty 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badfatty Click to send private message to badfatty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
Absolutely agree about Stella (as most do, I'm sure) and I said after they announced those going to the house that she should not have gotten in.

But there were several who shouldn't have gotten in, and I was angry by their choices to pass over several awesome guys to allow these way-not-as-funny people (who just happen to be women) in. The only woman who I'm glad they didn't pass on was Kristen--she deserves to be there.

Bill Dwyer and Ty Barnett were my favorites from the beginning. Josh Blue and Chris Porter are awesome too.

I laughed so much during the heckling stuff. Some of them seemed to get offended by some of things that were said, though. I like when they can be good sports and not take things personally, but I suppose that doesn't make for good drama.

Imagine if we just had to be entertained every week by the funniest comics in America--what a bore. *sigh*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I never liked Stella. So I'm glad she is gone. And between April and Michelle I preferred Michelle. In fact I thought Michelle was funny earlier in the competition. So I'm glad she stuck around.

Saying Roz was the funniest heckler and giving her immunity was strange though. Almost everything she said was bleeped so we had no idea if she was funny or not.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I agree - there was nothing funny about Roz last night. I was flabbergasted she won immunity. I thought the banter between Chris and Josh was hilarious - as well as with Kristin and Michelle.

I'm glad Stella left - she was nasty! And I just found April boring...

Go Josh!

<>

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "You are right."
I told the wife, "I hope the audience understands what it means to heckle. It's witty comebacks, not just drowning the comic out like Roz did." But alas, they obviously didn't understand. Heckling is an art form, and Josh and Chris showed how it works, both as the heckler and as the comedian.

Not sure what Joey Gay's objective was. I'm sure he knew he was safe from getting challenged this week.

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: You are right."
OMH I totally agree. All she did was call that girl a bit*h over and over again. That is not heckling, that is just being loud and annoying (which she is clearly skilled at).

Now Josh and Chris on the other hand, they should take that on the road. They were incredible!

06-21-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badfatty Click to send private message to badfatty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: You are right."
I think when it came down to it, Joey probably froze and couldn't think of anything to say heckle-wise. I also think he was smitten with April, making it even more difficult for him.
The "strategy" he explained was just a cover for this, and once she heckled him he felt like an idiot, prompting him to be more callous in his voting bit.

akiss4u2have 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail akiss4u2have Click to send private message to akiss4u2have Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I'm so happy that both stella and April are gone. They were the most annoying people on the show! Now I can make it through next week before Roz totally gets on my nerves. next head to head Roz, Joey and ???. The little girl who likes to Kick. what's her name.

06-22-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
>I'm so happy that both stella
>and April are gone.
>They were the most annoying
>people on the show!
>Now I can make it
>through next week before Roz
>totally gets on my nerves.
> next head to head
>Roz, Joey and ???.
>The little girl who likes
>to Kick. what's her
>name.

The little girl who likes to kick.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's great -

<>

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-22-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
Stella and April?

Com'on! This is supposed to be about COMEDY!

The most ridiculous line of the night was April thinking she was so cute and funny she would win it all! Not funny or pretty, Babe! Stella was just loud and obnoxious. UGH!

NO clear favorites emrging here, though it is getting easier to weed out the bad ones.

Funniest line of the night for me:

JOSH BLUE (after being heckled by Chris Porter): "THIS IS A TERRIBLE MAKE-A-WISH!

Bah HAHAHAHAHAHA!

06-22-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
21. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
Funniest line of the night for me:

JOSH BLUE (after being heckled by Chris Porter): "THIS IS A TERRIBLE MAKE-A-WISH!

It was funny the first time he told it, which wasn't during that heckling exercise.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-23-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
Now WHY you gotta go do that to me???

Whether it was the 1st, 2nd, or 134th time He said it, I thought it was the funniest line of the night.

I've seen every episode just like you....

SHEESH....

06-23-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
28. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
I was merely saying that I wasn't as amused since it was a recycled line. One of the dangers in the show's format is that folks can advance to the finals using the same material over and over. Dat Phan was able to make it the the finals - and win - because he used the same material over and over in his head-to-head challenges.

That's the big reason I'm still reserving judgment on most of these folks. Yes, Josh was funny the first time I heard him, but will I still like him as the weeks progress? Not sure. On the one hand, he did use some recycled jokes. But on the other hand, his banter with Chris was amusing, and he wasn't relying on the exact same material in his performance as he did during his earlier ones. And he did bring it back during the heckling, rather than a set bit in his routine, so it didn't bug me as much. It did bring up a red flag though.

06-22-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
24. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
The thing about Josh - is his ability to make fun of himself!! He is darned funny on his own- but to be able to get on stage like that with an obvious disability and laugh at yourself, let alone allow someone else to heckle you and your diability and turn it all around into another joke....man that boy impresses the heck outta me! I'm a normal healthy person, and I couldn't get up there and make fun of myself if my life depended on it! He is inspiring and hilarious! Yep, I vote for Josh to win all the way!

<>

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Missing inaction."
(see Phan, Dat)

No one has in about a year.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-23-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
The first elim couldn't have gone down any better, unless if the idiot producers wouldn't have put these pathetic "so-called" comics on the show in the first place.

Neither Stella nor April should have even made the cut and I'm so happy they were the first 2 to go. Now they need to get rid of that unfunny & insecure Rebecca Corry next.

Michelle held her own. She was not one of my picks for the final 12, but there are worse still left.

Kristen Key's stock went up IMO. She was great with the heckling and I'm glad we were told she lost to Chris Porter by just 1 vote. She was my surprise of the night.

The best heckler combo were Chris and Josh, by a mile. They were great, especially Chris. Unfortunately, Josh's jokes are already getting stale to me. I hope he comes up with new material, because the "Make-a-Wish" and "mistaken for a drunk" jokes are getting old quickly. Kristen & Michelle were my second fave on the heckle challenge.

Roz didn't deserve to win as best heckler. She has quickly gotten on my last nerve. IMO she was only funny in her very first audition. Now, she just yells about problems. I don't like her delivery at all. I also agree with many of you above that what she did was not heckling, just screamming obscenities. If she was heckling one of the funny comics I really would have been upset, but I could care less what Rebecca has to say anyway.

Bill Dwyer was great, also. I think I'm developing a little crush for the guy. His sarcastic wit is great.

I don't know why Joey decided not to heckle "on principle" and he better realize that he can't play nice on this show. He's been funny with his standup so far, so I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself.

Next week, I sure hope Rebecca Corry is gone, preferably with Roz. Both just annoy me.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

06-26-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: LCS - From 12 to 10"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-06 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

>I don't know why Joey decided
>not to heckle "on principle"
>and he better realize that
>he can't play nice on
>this show. He's been
>funny with his standup so
>far, so I'm giving him
>a chance to redeem himself.

Again, my theory on that is:

badfatty posted 06-21-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
17. "RE: You are right."

"I think when it came down to it, Joey probably froze and couldn't think of anything to say heckle-wise. I also think he was smitten with April, making it even more difficult for him.
The "strategy" he explained was just a cover for this, and once she heckled him he felt like an idiot, prompting him to be more callous in his voting bit."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •