The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"3 August - thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-04, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"3 August - thoughts"
Thoughts from tonight.

Jay London – killed. He was great. I guess he is an acquired taste and either you like him or you don’t. I like him, he has been my favorite throughout. I just wish his best competition would have been in the house, Dan Natterman.

Gary Gulman – BORING!!!!! A couple slight chuckles. I cheered when he beat Ant, simply because I hate Ant. But, honestly, has he said anything that is so damn funny that he was the top assassin in the head to heads? He sure as hell is not funnier that Jay. Like Drew Carey said, “I call bullshit!”

John Heffron – look at him closely, if you have a chance to see him do his act again picture this – Bobcat Goldthwaith without the voice tricks and exaggerated facial expressions. Yes, he sort of looks like him and you could picture Bobcat doing his material. Problem with John is, he is not Bobcat. He’s funny, but not funny enough.

Kathleen Madigan – BORING!!!! Were their plants in the audience paid to laugh are her stuff? Only good joke was the Ketchup joke. Other than that it was a complete snoozer.

Tammy Pescattelli – same stupid ##### goomba bullshit. Is that all she has to talk about, the fact that she is Italian? Big deal, I am German, if I began telling jokes about drinking good beer and kicking Frances ##### should that constitute a whole act? Ok, she did diverge from it a little tonight, but come on, was she funny? This woman is the bottom of the six for sure.

Alonzo –Basically, it was a typical “black” act. Why is it that women have to tell jokes about women, gays have to tell jokes about gays, and if a person is black, Vietnamese, Russian or whatever that is what they have to tell jokes about. I understand talking about what you know, and using the things you have to use, but these stereotypical acts are so predictable they are boring. But, Alonzo has such an energy, and such an aggressive delivery I actually did laugh at this material that could have been any black comedians act. A very close second to Jay.

#1 Jay
#2 Alonzo
#3 John

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 be advised Oscirus 08-03-04 1
   RE: be advised newsomewayne 08-04-04 7
       RE: be advised Oscirus 08-04-04 8
           RE: be advised newsomewayne 08-04-04 16
 RE: 3 August - thoughts LeftPinky 08-03-04 2
 RE: 3 August - thoughts Lisapooh 08-03-04 3
 RE: 3 August - thoughts Mistral 08-04-04 4
 Bucky's Ratings Bucky Katt 08-04-04 5
 RE: 3 August - thoughts Jonner_311 08-04-04 6
 RE: 3 August - thoughts RuffNeck 08-04-04 9
 RE: 3 August - thoughts grit 08-04-04 10
 RE: 3 August - thoughts truthrules50 08-04-04 11
 RE: 3 August - thoughts theking0075 08-04-04 12
   RE: 3 August - thoughts badger 08-04-04 13
 RE: 3 August - thoughts Hollywood 08-04-04 14
 RE: 3 August - thoughts LovingSheep 08-04-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-03-04, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "be advised"
there are west cost people who haven't seen the show yet

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: be advised"
>there are west cost people who
>haven't seen the show yet
>

Then why are you looking at message boards?!?

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: be advised"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-04 AT 08:26 AM (EST)

I have no need to explain myself to the likes of you.Read the guidelines. Unless you are a moderator of this board move on .

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: be advised"
read 'em. I don't feel I violated them in any way, so what's your point.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I've said on several other threads... Alonzo is funny, but not my kind of humor (too many bleeps). Tonight, he rocked the house. My favorite all along has been Jay as I love his one liners. John wasn't funny, Kathleen wasn't funny. Tie for third with Gary and Tammie.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I haven't seen every episode, so a lot of this was new material for me. Tonight's show was much better than I anticipated.

1. Alonzo - I thought he did great! His delivery and presence are just awesome. He absolutely does own the stage and he knows it! He was a little slow to start, but it built and built and built. I didn't like that he was all suited up - looked like he was in costume to me. He should stick to being who he is cause who he is is WAY funny. I loved the political stuff - hope it doesn't hurt him though. He's IMO the class of this competition.

2. Tammy - color me shocked. I really haven't liked her at all up until tonight. She came out confident and comfortable. Her material was pretty predictable, but funny. I could do without the Phyllis Diller cackles at the end of her jokes, however. I think she did the best performance she could do, so win or lose - that's all you can hope for. I don't think she has a chance to make it to the final 3 though.

3. Bonnie - she was a mystery to me prior to tonight. I thought she was good. Very dry but she cracked me up. I think her UTR presence in the house is going to hurt her here. I certainly wasn't cheering for her. IT's funny - I remember liking her, but I can't really remember anything she said. Disposable comedy - sounds like a sitcom star to me.

4. John Heffron - I love the guy but it was an off night. He looked so goofy and out of place in his dress shoes and suit. He was funny though and thankfully not as manic as he usually is. I'm putting him this far down mainly because I've seen him do so much better. His wife is pretty though. Of course that means I hate her.

5. Jay London - I like him less and less the more I see him. The self-depracation gets so old and he really overdid that tonight. I love Steven Wright- Jay London, not so much. And for the love of all that is holy get an effing barette for that hair.

6. Gary Gulman - how vanilla is this guy? Not one original thought. Not one punchline I didn't see coming a mile away. He makes Wonder bread look like ethnic food. All the little girls love him so he'll probably make the final three. His comedy is safe and brainless - so of course, he'll win.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-04, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
Well, here's my .02, but I try to judge on just plain ole funny, and based on tonight's performances only. I don't keep a running total (unlike everyone who will be voting).

To me, this is painfully obvious. Alonzo is the only one even capable of cracking me up. Some of the others are competent comedians, but this is a runaway.

Jay - Oh, please. Someone tell me how he is even funny. I didn't even smile. Maybe I'm just too stoopid to get him, but I sure don't.

Gary - okay, he was fairly funny. I can't get into this whole "who's the cutest: Gary or John?" thing, but he was okay.

John - I was a little disappointed with him, only because I expected more. I know this guy is funny based on the other times I've seen him, but based on tonight alone, I put him below Gary.

Kathleen - I know, she's never done a H2H. I loved the ketchup joke, even though I've heard it (albeit, from her). She's fairly good, just not a gut-buster.

Tammy - I've always liked her (I know I'm alone in this), but I was pleased to see new material (mostly) and I still found her funny.

Alonzo - Said it already. If he doesn't win, then this whole thing is a bogus waste of time (sort of like American Idol).

I don't even have a top/bottom 3 at this point. As long as Alonzo is in and Jay is out, I'm really pretty good with things.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-04-04, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bucky's Ratings"
Overall, this was a very entertaining hour and I think most of them have proved themselves as worthy of the primetime airtime and hopefully all will have this experience enhance their careers. Now onto the ratings.

Jay: C-
The only comic of the night to repeat material and also the only one that clearly was out of his league. I am a big Steven Wright fan and Jay seems like a wannabe in comparison. He has some good one-liners but his act is too unpolished. Enough of the "thank yous" and "I'll move over here". I just don't get his appeal.

Gary: A
After two auditions and two challenges he still has new material that I liked. His humour isn't outrageous or unique but I always find myself laughing. Who knows, maybe it is a subliminal man-crush. I left wanting more and I hope I get it next week.

John: B
As with Gary, new material from John and it was funny but not his best stuff. I have been very impressed with him throughout the show and tonight didn't change my impressions even though he didn't kill like in the earlier challenges.

Kathleen: B-
I liked her material but I found it more amusing then funny. I think she suffered from not being challenged as I didn't feel the same connection to her as I did to the other comics that I had seen since the auditions. I thought that since she hadn't performed yet we would get a killer four minutes from her and if that was it then she doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

Tammy: B+
She was the surprise of the night for me. I found her a bit of one note comic but tonight I thought was her best performance. There were more Sicilian jokes but at least they were new and I found them funnier too. I felt she had a bit more of an edge but kept it to a safe level (unlike Bonnie) and it resonated with me. She may sneak into the final three which I thought unlikely before tonight.

Alonzo: A
Killed again. What more can you say about this guy! I was a little worried when he ventured into the political stuff but he pulled out of it with some good jokes and went on to some more good material. He always seems to own the room and tonight is no exception. I can't imagine him not in the final three.

So based on tonight's performance I would vote for Alonzo, Gary and Tammy but based on all the performances I would give John the edge over Tammy. I just really hope that Jay doesn't get through as he clearly doesn't deserve to. We have already seen an unfunny, one-note sympathy case win and I would be disappointed to see it happen again.

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
Here are my thoughts on last night's performances:

Jay - much of the same, I like his act, but I'm not crazy about it.

Gary - I was a little disappointed with Gary. I've liked Gary throughout the show and I was hoping he would be funnier. Thought he had better routines in the head to heads.

John - From the messages I read here, it seems a lot of people didn't tihnk he did that great. I must be alone on this one becasue I thought it was the best of the night. His material on being in night clubs cracked me up.

Tammy - Haven't really liked her throughout the show, but last night I think she gave her best performance and I liked it a lot.

Kathleen - I was looking forward to seeing her perform to see what she was all about. She was boring, a few small laughs and that was about it.

Alonzo - I thought his rountine in the 3-way head to head was better than last night. I was a little disappointed but would probably put him in the top three.

Based on the performances last night I would pick John, Tammy and Alonzo.

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I missed Alonzo on the 3-way head to head, so this was the first time I've "really" seen him. I thought he was really funny, although I got a little worried with the political stuff, but like other's people have posted, glad to see that he moved away. One of the funniest things I thought he said was the Arnold immigrant joke. IMO, he'll be one of the final three and likely the final comic standing.

I never cared for Tammy, but last night she actually made me laugh. I've heard 3 people here at the office already this morning mention the Paris Hilton white trash joke. Based on the whole series though, I don't think she'll make it to the final three.

And John, I too was expecting him to come out and kill based on his previous sets, but I thought he was off. Hope this doesn't hurt him because I'd like to see him move on to the final three.

Kathleen and Jay just don't do anything for me. The "let me move over here" and "I'm sorry" lines are old. We've seen them way to much.

And finally Gary. I'm not sure if he should be in the final three. He makes me laugh, but is he the funniest of the six? I don't thinks so, but I have a feeling he'll be in the final three.

So I think it will be Alonzo, Gary, & a toss up between John and Tammy.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-04-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I don't think anyone hit a home run last night. Are they holding back their best material for the final 3? If so, it might be too late for some of them.

Jay London - I thought his one-liners were cute. I still don't get why he has to hold his coat. I think he realizes that the repeated "Thank you" and "This will be over soon" and "Let me move over here" are wearing thin. He didn't do it as much last night. He also seems out of his league. He seemed to be less comfortable and he seemed a little overwhelmed. I don't think he deserves to win.

Gary Gulman - Cute routine. I laughed a couple of times but nothing was uproariously funny. He'll get votes because he's cute.

John Heffron - I thought he's been funnier in the past but he wasn't too bad tonight. He wasn't as manic tonight. I would like to see him move on.

Kathleen Madigan - I figured that since she's never done a HTH she would make every effort to Wow the audience so that we would remember her. Wow, how boring! Everything seemed so forced and nothing was very funny. Very bland.

Tammy Pescattelli - I'm not a fan of hers. To me, she comes across as bitchy. I don't like her Sicilian jokes. I'm sure her humor appeals to someone, just not me.

Alonzo - He's the only one I feel pretty sure will be moving on. Again, he wasn't as funny as I've seen him but he was still pretty good. I would like to see him move on too.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
My take, for what it's worth (I don't vote, so I guess it's not worth much ! LOL)

Gary, Tammy and Alonzo....

Like I said, JMHO

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-04, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
OK, here's my thoughts. I've been very faithful to this show this season, so here's what I thought of everyone last night.

Jay - still consistently entertaining in my book. I've liked him from start to finish! I've been rating people heavily in this competition on originality and depth of material but I am giving him a little bit of a pass there as he now has more stage time than anyone left on the show. I think he did a great job leading off last night.

Gary - Gave his worst performance yet last night and lost major ground with me. Would have been better off calling in sick, if you ask me!

John - Was my favorite going into last night, but kind of bombed. I loved his stuff in his two head to heads, but last night wasn't his best stuff. I can't believe he had a few weeks (or maybe even months) to come up with 4 minutes of material and that's the best he could do.

Kathleen - Probably gained more ground than anyone else last night. She was a lot funnier than I thought she would be. I would maybe even say she had the best set of the night.

Tammy - Better than I expected her to be, but not good enough. I like the originality and how she didn't do the same act for a 4th straight time, but her new stuff is really not a lot better than her old stuff.

Alonzo - Loved his auditions, he killed at the roast, but his head-to-head and performance last night were both disappointing. He really went downhill in my book. Plus his whole act was making fun of my home state! Way to throw away a few hundred thousand votes Zo! Yep, most of us Alabamians do watch TV and we do know how to use computers, and we are not voting for YOU!

8/3 performance ratings:
1) Kathleen
2) Jay
3) All the rest stunk!

My final overall ratings:
1) Jay
2) John
3) Kathleen
This is who I hope is the final 3! All my votes are going to Jay, however!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
jay -- i do like the one-liners. but we've heard several of them before, and i didn't think he shone last night.

gary -- if he moves on to the final round, it's a result of his good looks and not his good routine. i don't think he's *bad*. he's just not great.

john -- he's been my fave since the get-go. but last night wasn't his best act. it did still have me laughing out loud.

kathleen -- snoooooze. she sounded really breathy and nervous. and i didn't find her funny at all. someone had already posted the ketchup joke here on the boards, so that didn't really seem like new material.

Tammy -- she hasn't ever really stuck out in my mind, and a few weeks ago, i certainly wouldn't have predicted she be in the final 6, let alone the final 3. but i thought she had a really strong set last night.

Alonzo -- based on john's weak performance last night, and based on Alonzo's consistent funniness, i predict alonzo'll win. i thought he had the best performance of the evening.

My Rating:
1) Alonzo
2) Tammy
3) John
4) Gary
5) Jay
6) Kathleen

Hollywood 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hollywood Click to send private message to Hollywood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I don't really have a top 3, but in my opinion, Alonzo is clearly the best. All six were funny last night, but Alonzo is just clearly the strongest. Consistently very funny, new material everytime, and great delivery.

I was really starting to worry that we were going to be hearing the same material over and over as the show continued, but last night they all brought mostly new material. I actually think last night's show was the best episode of LCS to date, at least in terms of stage comedy.

And I think the system worked well, because the level last night was several notches above the second chance show (of the bottom five) last week.

LovingSheep 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LovingSheep Click to send private message to LovingSheep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 3 August - thoughts"
I enjoyed Jay London - his self-deprecating humor is charming and amusing to me. He was great last night! I wish him all the best.

Gary is a good looking man and I think he seems pretty focused and down-to-earth, but he's inconsistent. I have heard a few great routines, and a few weak ones. I still think he will be in the top 3, if only for his well-known "connections".

Kathleen - nice lady, just doesn't make me laugh much. She's also very unmemorable to me and many others - I often "forget" she was even part of the show! I do like her as a person, and I wish her continued success, but she does nothing for me personally.

Tammy is at times very funny, but it's the same old thing.

John has consistently been a favorite of mine, he's sweet, cute and very funny, but I did not really like his routine last night. That's just a personal opinion. I thought his energy level was great, and he was totally "on", but I didn't enjoy much of it this time. Still, I think he could win.

Alonzo was excellent! A great writer, very focused with a true competitive nature - he will continue to have great success.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •