The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-01-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-04 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

From reading some of this board, it is clear to me once again that comedy appeal is really variable.

For example, I like Ant. Seems to be a lot of Ant bashing on this board. I really liked his airplane jokes and some of his gay stuff. I wonder if those who really don't like him don't like Queer Eye, either.

John Heffron is another that I liked as well, but it seems odd I can not recall his routine.

Tammy and Kathleen are up there, too, but I remember more of Tammy's stuff than Kathleen's. The "Joe Pesci" stuff cracks me up. Kathleen's joke's escape me now as well.

Bottom three for me are Bonnie, Corey and Todd. Gary is almost a bottom three as well.

I hope Gary does not do the height joke and his parentage joke again. Enough! I do not see the appeal of Gary. Maybe you had to see him in person?

Todd's cookie monster thing just seemed dumb to me. Maybe I have not seen enough Sesame Street. He seems like he tries too hard and I don't like seeing middle aged guys act like toddlers.

Bonnie was too offbeat. I think if she had different material she could be funnier. She has the timing and delivery parts down.

Corey needs more and better material.

That leaves Jay and Alonzo and they are definitely in the middle for me. Jay seems like a Steven Wright type and sometimes his delivery is a hoot--like the Mastercard joke.

As for who will take it all, I read a spoiler on another board a few weeks back that told who won--but I won't say who-I'll let it unfold on TV.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Oscirus 08-01-04 1
   RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Poupee 08-01-04 2
       RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Oscirus 08-02-04 4
           RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Poupee 08-04-04 14
   RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... zazzy 08-06-04 15
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... I_AM_HE 08-01-04 3
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... FriendAim 08-02-04 5
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... heffgirl251 08-02-04 6
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... PagongRatEater 08-03-04 7
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Pensha26 08-03-04 8
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Karennz 08-03-04 9
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... LovingSheep 08-03-04 10
   RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... theking0075 08-03-04 11
   RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... Karennz 08-03-04 12
 RE: Who are your top three favs /bo... ugibugi 08-03-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-01-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Unless that board is ran by nostradamus I doubt that this "spoiler" is true especially being that tuesday is a live show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Poupee 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-01-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poupee Click to send private message to Poupee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Who is nostradamus?

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-02-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
A guy from way way way back in the past who supposedly had an amazing ability to tell the future. Alot of his predictions have come true.

Poupee 11 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poupee Click to send private message to Poupee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
>A guy from way way way
>back in the past who
>supposedly had an amazing ability
>to tell the future. Alot
>of his predictions have come
>true.
>
>

LOL

Thanks!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-06-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
The spoiler is still true--the comic it mentioned is still in the running for the LCS. I have a feeling that the spoiler is true and that comic is the one who will win.

Anyone think they play favorites? Or that the ones who were not going on to the top three already knew it last night?

For example, I always got the vibe that Jay Mohr really wanted Todd Glass to do well. Todd got the last slot on the wild card card show--which is the one that is the easiest for the audience to remember.

Then Jay L and Todd were the F2 to go on, when Jay M announced that Jay L was going on, Jay M looked disappointed for Todd.

Last night it I could guess that Tammy last out to Gary before it was revealed. She tried to smile but her heart was not in it.

Then when Jay L was done with his bit, he walked off as Jay M was saying Jay L's name for applause but Jay L did not care about the curtain call.

I wonder if NBC is trying to build a show around one or more of the comics and they want certain ones to get exposure. They need to have something replace Friends ..and eventually Will and Grace.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Top 3: Alonzo, Alonzo, and Alonzo.

Okay, Alonzo, then a gap, then Jay, then a gap, and then I guess Gary (though I agree with you on the height an parentage jokes). I'd put about a half dozen people that didn't even make the final 10 in 3rd above Gary or anyone else, though (Iranian-Jew guy, Maine traffic cop, and Balloon lady, just to name a few).

Bottom 3: Corey and Bonnie suck enough for 3.

Kathleen and John would round out the top 5, while Tammy, Todd, and Ant would fight for the last Bottom 3 spot, though all 3 are way better than Corey and Bonnie.

FriendAim 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FriendAim Click to send private message to FriendAim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
My top 3 are
1. John Heffron
2. Kathleen Madigan
3. Gary Gulman

Bottom 3 of the top 10
10. Bonnie
9. Corey
8. Tammy (only because I am tired of hearing the same jokes all of the time)

heffgirl251 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heffgirl251 Click to send private message to heffgirl251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
My top three are:

1. John
2. Alonzo
3. Gary

I think John is the best one. he is the only one who makes me crack up during every second of his act. he is entertaining to watch as well as hilarious. he's just so "twitchy"

As for Tammy- NO, not enough variety
As for Kathleen- who the hell is Kathleen? Really though, she just bores me.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

I would say my top three would have to be Alonzo, Heffron and either Todd or Gary. Gary has been VERY funny at times, but the night he was head to head with Ant he was just awful!

Bottom three definitely includes Ant, but the rest are interchangable. They have ALL been funny at one point or another and I actually DO like them. Even Bonnie - as much as I don't laugh during her stand-up - her jokes are the one's I find repeating at parties (I've used the pleasure to meet you like three times this weekend).

As for Cookie Monster - I have never laughed so hard in the history of this show and it had nothing to do with Sesame Street. For me it was just flat out funny. It appealed to my goofiness, but then again that what I like about Todd. He IS always on!

"I need at-TEN-tion that's why I wrote the Attention Song"

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-03-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Top three have to be (in no particular order)

Alonzo
John
Gary

These three competed in the head to heads and won.

The bottom three (in no particular order)

Corey
Todd
Bonnie

Although they were good they just weren't better then the others.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-03-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Top 3 favorites:

Kathleen
Kathleen
Kathleen

Bottom 3:

Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

LovingSheep 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-03-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LovingSheep Click to send private message to LovingSheep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
My top 3 are: John, Alonzo and Jay.

I think Tammy is funny, but her jokes are growing old. Gary is a great looking guy who is amusing at times, but not strong enough to win. And Kathleen - well, nice lady, but has not impressed me at all so far.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-03-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
That's also my top 3: John, Jay, Alonozo
Bottom 3: Bonnie, Tammy, Kathleen

I don't hate women, or female comedians (love Caroline Rea and Ellen Degeneres), I just think all three of these stink!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-03-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
Kathleen hasn't impressed you because, thanks to the editing, the audience hasn't been given anything with which to be impressed. Tonight is actually her LCS debut, IMO. And high time. I've seen Kathleen perform before and I'm confident that she'll rock.

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who are your top three favs /bottom three of the top 10?"
#1 Jay London - the guy is hilarious.
#2 Alonzo
#3 There is no #3, all the rest suck.

As for the rest, are they really comedians or is this some kind of elaborate "joe Schmoe" prank being played on us?

Take Ant and Todd Glass, stuff them into a bag, and throw them off a bridge. Neither one has enough humor for me to sit through how annoying they are. These two are at the bottom of the pile for me.

All the women, honestly, are their really any good female comedians? Ok, some of you might be able to name a few that have made a bit of a name for themselves. But, you do not see any that have obtained the stature of Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Steve Martin or even Steven Wright. Not that any of these people, male or female, are in that catagory, but like it or not, female comedians just are not very good. And these three are exceptionally bad. Out of these three I cannot stand Tammy the most, I really do not give a ##### about her goomba relatives. Kathleen? one word - BORING. Bonnie, I actually think out of the women, she is the one with the most potential, but she has a long way to go.

Gary and John. These people could be telling each others jokes and you would not know the difference. No originallity, same boring old comedy club stories.

That brings us to Bernie Mac, er, I mean, Cory Holcomb. Not hard to confuse the two since all Cory is doing is the jokes Bernie tossed away.

There is my not so humble opinion.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •