The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jay Mohr sucks!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jay Mohr sucks!"
I cringe whenever he does his two-minute set before the head-to-heads. (How did THAT get written into the show's contract?) Most of the people in the house are much funnier than this idjit. I wonder why he never made it in TV and movies? Hmmm!

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! PagongRatEater 07-07-04 1
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! Kellar 07-07-04 4
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! mommyjillyb 07-22-04 14
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! Pensha26 07-07-04 2
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! cqvenus 07-07-04 3
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! DoodleBug 07-07-04 5
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! Loree 07-08-04 10
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! EnglProf 07-07-04 6
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! Kellar 07-07-04 7
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! ropefish_3 07-07-04 8
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! motormouth 07-08-04 9
       RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MNMadMan 09-13-09 20
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! SnowBunny 07-09-04 11
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! motormouth 07-16-04 12
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MNMadMan 09-13-09 19
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MollyTV 07-16-04 13
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MNMadMan 09-13-09 18
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! Sophie 07-22-04 15
   RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MNMadMan 09-13-09 17
       Please keep your remarks IceCat 09-13-09 21
 RE: Jay Mohr sucks! MNMadMan 09-13-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Just goes to show that comedy is not objective. I look forward to his sets every week and find his stuff hysterical.

To each his own.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-07-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

>Just goes to show that comedy
>is not objective. I
>look forward to his sets
>every week and find his
>stuff hysterical.
>
>To each his own.

Objective! If there is one thing I know in this world it’s that Jay Mohr stand-up blows, yes that word works, his stand-up blows! As you can see I used the word “stand-up”, I’m not judging him as a host or as a whole person, but just his (just came up with a better word than lousy)appalling comedy. I remember reading this interview from an audience member from Las Vegas show and the young lady spoke of Jay’s attempts to entertain the audience. This was during the big controversy and he came out to treat the audience to some contrived stand-up. If I remember it right she said in no uncertain term that he got booed off stage. Still, in my objective opinion he’s a great host for this show--he makes the other comics look good and isn't that his job in the first place.

mommyjillyb 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-22-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommyjillyb Click to send private message to mommyjillyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I really like him... I went to a show where Jay was headlining, back when he was on SNL but before he was *famous*, and he was awesome. Everyone was laughing so hard they were crying. True, though, that comedy is one of those undefinable, subjective things!

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-07-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
<his two-minute set before the head-to-heads. (How did THAT get written into the show's contract?)>

It is called Executive Producer! This is why it is in the show.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"

i find him hilarious. he was ace in the movie go.

~ cq

the family circus: It's always there, in the lower right hand corner, just waiting to suck.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I think he's funnier than Ant.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
>I think he's funnier than Ant.

Well that I agree with!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-07-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I'm with mrc here.

He completely sucks *ss. Luckily, we have Tivo and I can fast-forward the hell through his stand up.

F-you, Jay. You're not funny. I think, in your case, we need to call it "Sit down."

But, to be fair, he makes a very vanilla, good for not a whole lot, but not annoying (until he tries to make jokes) host.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
thanks to cq for posting the thread.

Kellar 69 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kellar Click to send private message to Kellar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Once again I’m dealing with intelligent people here.

>But, to be fair, he makes
>a very vanilla, good for
>not a whole lot, but
>not annoying (until he tries
>to make jokes) host.

You have encapsulated all the character elements of these reality hosts into one perfect description.

ropefish_3 84 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ropefish_3 Click to send private message to ropefish_3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Sorry, but I look forward to his schtick. I think he has great timing and delivery and is just plain funny. He's a little weird, which I think enhances his appeal. I'd rather watch him than most of the comics left. Off this show he is anything but vanilla, so I find it amusing to see him do bits that are acceptable for network TV. He is a tad too raunchy for my liking when he is uncensored, but I love him here. I use my Tivo to replay his set.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-08-04, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I'm with you here. If he sucked so bad, he wouldn't be the host. He is well known and succesful (by comedian standards)and there is just no way somebody can be funny to everyone.

sig pic courtesy of The *Last* Scottsman

MNMadMan 5 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-09, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MNMadMan Click to send private message to MNMadMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-09 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

If you suck enough stick, you still suck, but increase the odds of sticking around when others with more talent get passed over. It's not what you know as much as who you know know (or who you blow).

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I can't even pay attention to what he's saying in these little routines because I am too distracted by the ill-fitting suits he wears. The long blazers make his arms and legs look short, and the long pantlegs bunching up at the ankles make him look like Harry Potter wearing his cousin's clothes. One would think he could afford a tailor.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-16-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
It's funny I had never put my finger on that but as soon as you said it I immediatley lol. It is so true! Thanks bunny, for making me laugh.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

09-13-09, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MNMadMan Click to send private message to MNMadMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Idiots cant dress themselves. It's his only defense.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-16-04, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
he's ok...he has written some "behind the scenes" book on his days on saturday night live...i haven't bought it yet...but i plan to...
when he was interviewed he seemed sort of bitter about his experience. and he only praised lorne because lorne gave him his chance...but most of the cast members he dissed.
molly

09-13-09, 00:32 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Douchebags blame others for their own stench.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-22-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
I've gotta say, I've liked Jay every episode except last night's. He is usually hilarious. Last night just didn't sit with me right.

09-13-09, 00:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Are you Jay's Grandma. That dude has never been funny. he is a walking piece of turd with legs.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-09, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Please keep your remarks"

... about the show and it's stars.

Please do not direct confrontational remarks towards fellow posters.

Thank you.

09-13-09, 00:30 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Jay Mohr sucks!"
Saying he sucks is a disservice to people who suck. Jay Mohr is blessed to be the most talentless turd on the planet and be recognized by anyone but his grandma. Jay Mohr could disappear and make room for deserving talent. What a piece of spit.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •