The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I don't know if I can watch the snoozefest but we can chat about it here.

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... maryellennaco 05-23-07 1
   RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-23-07 2
       RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... volsfan 05-24-07 3
           RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... lindamaher 05-24-07 4
               RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... nazpink 05-24-07 5
                   RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-25-07 6
                       RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... eire_heart74 05-25-07 7
                           RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-25-07 8
                               RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... volsfan 05-26-07 9
                                   RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-26-07 10
                                       RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... eire_heart74 05-26-07 11
                                           RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-26-07 12
                                               RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... volsfan 05-27-07 13
                                                   RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... batts 05-28-07 14
                                                       RE: The Real World Denver Reunion S... DaveThe Dude 05-28-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-23-07, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....SNOREFEST!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-23-07, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I liked the fact that they showed the lowest, most pathethic scene in the history of reality TV: Brooke on the floor in a complete emotional breakdown, mascara running down her beat, ugly face, completely a mess, saying how she'd like to kill one of her room mates. I'm telling you all, THAT had to be the saddest, most pathetic thing ever. And then during the Reunion Show Brooke poo-pooed it all off saying that in her opinion lots of people react to stress that way (!!!). At that point I jumped from my chair and screamed, "Yeah! And they're all in a padded cell!"

David came across as the trouble-making, sissy little worm that he is. Back stabbing bum! All he did all season was run crap about his room mates and try to cause problems behind people's backs.

Was Tyrie trying to make a fashion statement? Is that how prosperous drug dealers dress in Compton these days? Gosh, how professional......

Did Alex forget to shave - again?!? Does he think the sloppy, disheveled look makes him look like GQ's newest find? Again, gosh, how professional.....

Could Colie come across as anything but the idiot she is? Did you ever listen closely to how she talks. Worse, did you ever try to follow her reasoning? iI still can't believe that mental midget is a college graduate. Heaven help us!

Lots of people have posted that they didn't like Stephen. I don't know, to me he's just your stereotypical, run of the mill American Christian hypcrite.

I still think Jenn looks better when she doesn't try to dress up. I think her natural look is, well, in her birthday suit, lights dimmed, drunk out of her mind, and in a room strewn with booze bottles. Oh yes, and in the arms of her newest "catch" of the week. Yup, that sounds appropriate. I wonder if she'll ever get a real job?

Gosh, I sound even more miserable than usual. Am I alone in these opinions? Vols? Batts? Anyone?

05-24-07, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I couldn't force myself to watch in real time. I need my Tivo to fast forward through most of it...I will watch later but so far? I agree with you Dave.

lindamaher 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindamaher Click to send private message to lindamaher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I forgot it was on..is there any way I can watch it online or something? will they replay it? <==I know, I know i'm pathetic.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
This reunion was a snorefest. I always thought that the importance and reason for a reunion was to clarify certain situations, give more detail and to find out where those involved are now. It seems that many shows have lost focus on those points. What we got, instead, was a recap of all the deplorable behavior and an abundance amount of excuses for said behaviors. What made me truly sick was when everyone stood up and applauded Brooke after watching her raging tantrums! Like she should be rewarded for that!

Since I'm on the subject of Brooke....honey not everyone reacts the way you do. In fact, had it been a more serious incident people may have at least understood your reaction but no one gets that crazy over a double chin comment, not even from someone they trust. Your reasoning behind it all was pretty much saying that this is how you were born and therefore it is acceptable. Stop listening to your parents! They are only telling you this because they are to ashamed to admit that as psychologist and parents they have failed you miserably.

Colie.....no matter how you try to spin it, your behavior reflected exactly who you are, a dim wit who happened to be fortunate enough to have parents who could afford a college education even though you didn't deserve it. Seriously, Colie was about as articulate as a giant turd. She pretty much shoved her two feet and Alex's inchworm into her mouth with the statement that "Alex seemed to be casted for her and Jen because the only other guys in the house were black and one gay guy".

By the way, Jen the only time I've heard you say something half-way smart was when you fixed Colie's blunder and absolute stupidity. However, being 23 and single is no reason to excessively drink and sleep around. That right there diminished any intelligence that may have exited your mouth.

Alex, if I slept with two dirty "girls" I would try to be as quiet as possible too. But then again, based on Tyrie's accounts of you, sleeping with Colie and Jen was like hitting the jack pot for you. It doesn't surprise me you have no game....in fact the minute you slept with those two pretty much confirmed that.

Stephan, you weren't as irritating to me, but sometimes I think you try to come off more righteous and smarter than you are.

Tyrie definitely seemed to try and play the part of funny guy. Clearly he felt the peeing incident did not give him much publicity. Keep grasping.

And Davis.....well you are a little trouble-making manipulator and have great potential in a life long career of upcoming challenges.

05-25-07, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I agree with everybody. The cast was a bunch of less-than-intelligent-nitwits who spent more time trying to justify their buffoonery than actually thinking.

I still can't get over how much of a punk Davis was. I don't care who - or what - he sleeps with, this guy was a low life, irritating, snveling (sp?) little jerk who deserves to get picked on for the rest of his sorry life.

Colie has to be one of the most idiotic, illogical fools ever.

Jenn is just an amoral Ho.

Brooke? Well, firing squads have had more appealing targets.....

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-07, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
>I still can't get over how
>much of a punk Davis
>was. I don't care who
>- or what - he
>sleeps with, this guy was
>a low life, irritating, snveling
>(sp?) little jerk who deserves
>to get picked on for
>the rest of his sorry
>life.

I would gather that the gay population in America rather resents the fact he was their token representation on that show.

05-25-07, 11:49 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
>
>I would gather that the gay
>population in America rather resents
>the fact he was their
>token representation on that show.
>

Well, that was an interesting way to put it. But yes, I pretty much agree. He gave a black eye to every group he represents, including Northerners, Whites, gays, and Americans in general. I really think he was just a miserable, none-too-bright, unfaithful, mixed up, two bit, back-stabbing worm who enjoyed causing trouble within the house. Maybe that's why he was cast? Who knows? But if he has a history of losing friends, ruining relationships, cheating on significant others, being shunned by family members, and getting pushed around and beat up since early childhood, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

05-26-07, 06:37 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
Well, that was an interesting way to put it. But yes, I pretty much agree. He gave a black eye to every group he represents, including Northerners, Whites, gays, and Americans in general.

You make a good point Dave. As you know, I am part of the gay community and I have to say that I didn't see it as putting a black eye on my community as it was a black eye on young people in general.

If someone wants to say that the "token" gay guy put a black eye on all gays for his actions on this show...then the other five straight people took their community to the gates of hell. I seriously don't think there are many enduring qualities of anyone on this season.

I really think he was just a miserable, none-too-bright, unfaithful, mixed up, two bit, back-stabbing worm who enjoyed causing trouble within the house. Maybe that's why he was cast? Who knows? But if he has a history of losing friends, ruining relationships, cheating on significant others, being shunned by family members, and getting pushed around and beat up since early childhood, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. How anyone can judge someone without being in his shoes amazes me...I for one have no idea what it was like growing up like Davis. I had my own set of problems that shapes me into what I am today and I am sure Davis has his own set of problems and sadly, they are all part of a really cruel world that we are forced to live in (gay people being told and trying to be forced to live the way straight people think we should).

I finally blogged

05-26-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-07 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

Good points, Vols.

I re-watched the Reunion show and Alex said something that I missed the first time. He said something like, "Some people come on the show to see how much they can grow and mature and all that, but that's not why I came on the show. I came into the house with the intention of just having as much fun as I could." I know the quote is not even close to what he actually said, but it captures his sentiments. For as much as most posters here look down on Alex, he might have been the most normal and most honest of the bunch. Yes, a Man-Ho, completely amoral and just looking for a good time, but at least he admitted it! He didn't try to make a bunch of lame excuses. And he surely didn't lose his mind, fall helplessly on the floor and wish death on others just because someone made a rude comment about him. That's what the totally dysfunctional, dishonest, pampered, sheltered, mentally messed up Brooke did when Davis (almost innocently) said he thought she wasn't that pretty and that she had a double chin (or something like that). Alex might not be the most honorable person in the world, and I wouldn't want him as a son in law, but he is head and shoulders above lunatics like Brooke. Just my two cents.
More wine!!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I never had a problem with Alex because he made it quite clear from the get go what a man ho he was. (which you know has to be the case when his own mom refers to him as one)

The guy has a tatoo that says "hey" on his hip for crying out loud. I think we know he figured it was going to be seen alot. Might as well give a shout out to all the gals that go in that area. Yick!

05-26-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
So, does anyone have any predictions of where these characters will end up in life? Welfare, political exile, padded, cell, French Foreign Legion, Death Row? Any ideas?

Batts!!! Where's our pal Batts?!?!?

05-27-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I haven't gotten any emails and/or PMs from Batts lately...BATTS...WHERE R U?

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-28-07, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
I'm still here. I've been having more fun just reading what you guys have to say.

I agree with most of what everyone's opinions are here.
My most hated charactors are Brooke, and Tyrie. It became painful to watch Brooke throw that fit but the 'double chin' comment was hilarious. When Davis commented on that thing... growing below her jaw, on her neck... I was like
oh... HAIL NO. LOL

The charactors I lvoed most were Stephen, and Davis. Stephen believed Davis sexuality was determined by choice. Davis believes his sexuality is determined by fate. I agree with some aspects of BOTH sides. However, when Davis asked at one point..
"If everyone got to choose, do you think anyone would actually choose to be gay?" At that point... I related to Davis whole heartedly. I also felt like Stephan was honestly trying to understand and fathom that. It's very easy for just anyone to say.. "Just CHOOSE to be straight." You might as well ask someone to stick their head in a guillotine hole and pull on a rope.
... But don't get me wrong. I personally know several families
(married male/female) involved where one, or both, partners previously led a gay lifestyle. And if asked if they would like to go back to their old lifestyles... their reply would be "Not a chance." Their stories go way waaaaay beyond what can be discussed here, though.

05-28-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Real World Denver Reunion Show 05/23/2007"
Interesting take, Batts. It's good to know you're still breathing (I was worried there for a while).

Does anyone (including you, Batts) have any predictions on whether this show will change for the better, change for the worse, or stay the same for the upcoming season(s)? I saw one of the commercials for this new voting system they're apparently going to use (or pretend they're going to use) for the casting of the next season. The one guy sounds like a large, immature, obnoxius jerk. Of course, that means he'll probably be picked by MTV regardless of the (probably rigged) voting. I don't know how you guys feel, but if they put that nimrod on the show it will really be the last nail in the show's coffin. Weel it will be for me, anyway. What do you guys think?

PS - Too tired for more wine.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •