The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Do we need an intervention...yep, I think we do! It is time to go camping. Let's talk about it here...

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... volsfan 03-28-07 1
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... vince3 03-28-07 2
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... volsfan 03-28-07 3
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... TVFreak 03-28-07 4
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... AshLanie 03-29-07 5
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... volsfan 03-29-07 6
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... TVFreak 03-29-07 7
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... FlowerChild 03-29-07 8
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... eire_heart74 03-29-07 9
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... maryellennaco 03-29-07 10
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... nazpink 03-29-07 11
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... uglier than sarah w 03-29-07 12
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... JessicaRN 03-29-07 13
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... JessicaRN 03-29-07 14
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... DaveThe Dude 03-29-07 15
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... nazpink 03-30-07 16
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 1... DaveThe Dude 03-30-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-28-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Stephen is just cold hearted.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Didn't they already go camping once before?

03-28-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Not with the kids from Nawlins. This was their first outing with guests.

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Disclaimer: I didn't see the whole show, because I was doing homework with my DD's, 11 & 12. And, I would NEVER let them watch this show! So I just caught bits of it.

One question. So you've been training for weeks for a job. On the day that the actual 'job' starts, you show up for work 3 and a half hours late. WTF? In 'the real world' you would be fired on the spot. No questions asked. Take your sh*t and go. So, I guess my question is, how much money did MTV contribute to Outward Bound for them to put up with this mess?

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-07, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Makes one wonder if the other outward bound people are as crazy as the real worlders eh?

03-29-07, 05:26 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
I think it is a little misleading to say that they had been training for weeks...makes it sound like they attended some type of training sessions held on a daily basis. That isn't true (from what they showed us). They only went out into the wilderness twice and I don't know the time frame between the two times and then the first "real" time.

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Yes, you're right. But, I was trying to give Outward Bound the benefit of the doubt. I mean, SURELY, they must have given these psychos more training than what we were shown. I would hope that besides learning how to climb rocks and repel, they would have been given classes in first aid and basic survivor skills. I HOPE! Maybe I should not ASSume anything when it comes to this show.

But, my main point, in my earlier post, was that on thier first 'real' day of work, these numbskulls were so irresponsible that they showed up late. I would not trust this group to take care of my pet rock, much less a group of traumatized kids.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
First off - damn if Tyrie didn't stop whining about wanting to go home and how everybody will remember him for getting arrested and how he had been handcuffed and put into a police car and what a huge deal it was.....bla bla bla...TYRIE - I'VE GOT A WAKE UP CALL FOR YOU - BIG F'ING DEAL. I'm sure plenty of people have done dumb dumb dumb things when they were drunk and yes, people have gotten arrested for stupid things while drinking. Heck....Johanna was arrested for stealing a flower from a street vendor. Get over yourself tyrie. If you hadn't taken a ##### in front of all those squad cars, none of this would've happened, you sh#t head. Ugh. When I think back to my college days - gee wiz. If my friends and I had a dollar for every drunken thing we did that we regretted - we'd be millionaires. You live, you learn, you get over it and then you learn to laugh it off.

This whole Outward Bound thing is by far the worst thing that these Real Worlders should be doing. What a horrible idea. Tyrie telling them to go hunt each other with a knife...what the hell was that? Those poor poor kids. This is supposed to be a good experience for them....not a horrific terrifying one.

It bothers me that the producers even considered this to be a good idea, let alone let it happen. Wrong on so many levels.

Dear Tyrie - please don't hunt me down and kill me. You scare me. I can't believe you haven't been arrested before. For something like...oh...I don't know...murder? A little scared, KC

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"

>
>It bothers me that the producers
>even considered this to be
>a good idea, let alone
>let it happen. Wrong
>on so many levels.

I'm not surprised that they came up with it. It's probably the one job they haven't really done yet on the show. What shocks me is that OUTWARD BOUND agreed to it. They have a rather good reputation and I'm very surprised they would want to align themselves with such a notorius show. Let's face it maybe the head of the company might not know much other than it's a show on MTV but one of those workers must of seen previous seasons. Didn't anyone tell them the type that would be on the show?

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
Obviously, the nitwits have been drinking so much, their brain cells are almost completely dead. Between them all, they probably have about 100 left that even function. Hello, they have cell phones, they have directions, they have EYES for cryin' out loud, to look at the highway signs that say NORTH or SOUTH or you get the idea. Completely and totally brain dead. They make folks who've been in comas for years look like rocket scientists.

As far as the Outward Bound folks go, I think they must have signed a contract with MTV - they HAD to send some kids on SOME kind of half-a$$ed camping trip with these idiots to complete their contract. You'll notice that they mentioned these kids were part of a choir. Not exactly your Outward Bound types. The poor guys DID have that deer-in-the-headlights look about them, though. Gee, I can't imagine WHY..... Maybe they're participating for extra credit or extra CASH, perhaps??

I was a camp counselor at a Y camp while I was in college back in the 70's. We trained for 10 days with all kinds of stuff, and we weren't repelling, or rock climbing.Of course, the kids were all younger than 14. All I'm saying is, the gang of idiots HAD to have spent more time on learning how to do things, I'm certain. Otherwise, how would Brookie & JennHo know how to pitch a tent?

They are a vomitous bunch. I've had about all I can stomach from the lot of them. Hopefully, this season will be over and SOON!

Dave, you're right. There isn't enough wine in the world to help with this looney-tune crowd.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
First off, it looked to me like the RWers ended up at the same camp spot they had been to before. If so, it proves that they probably haven't gotten a lot of training in the wilderness (at least in experience) considering they got lost. Also, if it was a new place why would they not leave earlier to allow themselves for some screw up time in case it occured, which it did. I also didn't notice anyone make a phone call to the boss asking for directions or even notifying him that they would be extremely late and from the look on the guy's face it didn't seem to be editing.

I too question why Outward Bound felt it would be a good idea to allow Mtv to shove off these fools on them and the kids they work with. Either they never watch t.v. and didn't do their research or they needed the money and Mtv offered to pay them. Either way I bet those who made the decision are kicking themselves in the butts now.

Stephan's attitude towards the whole experience and kids is absolutely appalling and as much as I know that being Christian doesn't mean being perfect his " I don't care about those boys" comment really slashed up the concept of what it is to be a Christian. Now if he said it about the roomies it would have been highly reasonable but kids who seemed well behaved and were getting away from a bad experience! Shame on you Stephan. If I have to hear one more conversation about how religious you are I am going to vomit.

Although, Tyrie did well with the kids (overall) I thought he still came off as a buffon this week. For someone so concerned about his reputation he certainly does not show it through his actions. I couldn't believe at how much he swore in front of his own boss and I really couldn't believe at how ridiculous he sounded by talking to Davis about Stephan being integrated? A comment like that,in my opinion, is just ignorant.

I also couldn't believe at how much whinning and conflict discussion they brought to the table with their boss. If one is truly having difficulty getting along with someone to the point that it's being dragged into work, fine have that discussion, but the way they were going about it just seemed so unproffesional. Of course everything about them is unproffesional and more. In my opinion stop making these fools work, we all know they aren't going to do the job so why bother....then you can save money on having to give them a vacation for all their "hard work".

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
They also thought that the fact that they were late was sooo hilarious. If they took it seriously, then they would probably not have been joking around about how they went an hour in the wrong direction. NO real worlder on that show has ever actually cared about the job they were given! If someone can prove me wrong, please let me know!!!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
I feel so sorry for their "boss" Chris who not only has to deal with this bunch, but supervise them with the kids. As near as I can tell, they've worked about 8-10 days. I bet at the end of this trip, they get their reward of a trip. At least we didn't hear from Brooke this week, so I guess she didn't wipe herself in front of the Katrina kids. It actually does seem that Colie, Jenn and Alex actually have a clue when it comes to work.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

The only one I can think of who took the job serious is Landon in Philadelphia who took designing the playground as a step towards his career in landscaping I think.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
>They are a vomitous bunch. I've
>had about all I can
>stomach from the lot of
>them. Hopefully, this season will
>be over and SOON!
>
>Dave, you're right. There isn't enough
>wine in the world to
>help with this looney-tune crowd.
>

Goodness, the posters are coming out of the woodwork for this episode. I suppose my long-felt disgust has more company than I thought.

Yes, Stephen was a disgrace. Tyrie, subhuman that he still is, seemed to do pretty well with the kids - other than that idiotic story about hunting each other with guns and knives. Real smart, Einstein, real smart. Maybe on the next episode he'll get arrested for peeing on one of the New Orleans kids.

I still think that Colie, college graduate that she apparently is (gag, puke) is a moron. Her expression of idiocy - whenever she says ANYTHING - is priceless. Her headlights might be on but there's obviously nobody home.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-07, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
In Brooke's Myspace blog she wrote that they cut the season a month short (3 months instead of 4) because they felt they had all the "worthy" air time material they needed. My guess is that Mtv was shelling out too much therapy money for the camara man that they had no choice but to wrap it up. Seriously, if I had to be behind the camara I would probably be gaging constantly.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-07, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 17: 03-28-2007"
If I were a member of the cast and the contract said four (4) months, I'd be bummed if they cut it back to three (3) months. After all, they live in a mansion for free. And, as we all see week after week, they pretty much don't do any work (or house work) while living in that lap of (slovenly) luxury.

If its true that MTV cut it back by a month, maybe Outward Bound told MTV, "Hey, this isn't working. Let's cut this mess short before these nimrods cause any more damage." I wouldn't doubt it. Can you imagine all the bad habits and awful attitudes the poor New Orleans kids would learn if they were around this season's lazy, uninspired, morally bankrupt idiots for too long???

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •