The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-07, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
My online TV Guide says that we have back-to-back episodes and Jenn brings home a new guy that brings out even more drama. Also, the gang starts working with Outward Bound kids displaced by Hurrican Katrina.

Let's chat about the drama here!

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-03-07 1
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... nazpink 01-04-07 2
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-04-07 3
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... nazpink 01-04-07 4
               RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... FlowerChild 01-04-07 5
                   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... nazpink 01-04-07 6
                   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... volsfan 01-04-07 8
                       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-04-07 9
                           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... volsfan 01-04-07 10
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... eire_heart74 01-04-07 7
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... nazpink 01-04-07 11
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... flipxcyd 01-04-07 12
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-05-07 13
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... eire_heart74 01-05-07 14
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-07-07 15
               RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... volsfan 01-07-07 16
                   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... nazpink 01-07-07 17
 RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... deweydrop 01-08-07 18
   RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... HobbsofMI 01-08-07 19
       RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-08-07 20
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... FlowerChild 01-09-07 21
           RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... deweydrop 01-09-07 22
               RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7... DaveThe Dude 01-10-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-03-07, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Hi Vols!!

Finally!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! They have given the gang a job where they have to work hard, learn new things, they can't go out and drink like idiots every night, and they'll learn something about themselves, each other, and life itself. FINALLY!!!!!

IN a way I was surprised that Jenn so enthusiastic about their new job. But then again, she's a competitive person. Just look how she treats men: She spies one that she wants to conquer,and then she goes out and marks it like a dog marks a tree by whizzing on it. Low class and primal, but at least she has a competitive spirit.

Brooke, the spoiled, lazy Southern waste product who can't follow directions, now she's the one who might learn the most out of this experience. As scared to death as she was on those challenges, she gutted them out and finished. Cool!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-04-07, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
First off, I want to know why any organization who works with kids would actually want the cast of Real World working for them!!! Shouldn't this be considered gross neglect or something? I'm sure some of the Real Worlders will "maintain" while around the kids but it seems to be too much of a risk.

It wasn't that Brooke was afraid of heights or the outdoors that annoyed me it was how overly dramatic about it that got under my skin. I have never seen anyone carry on about going in cold water like she did and I would think that her potty mouth during it would have warranted her being pulled aside and told that she needed to get that under control no matter what situation she is in. Looks like the previews have exposed more inappropriate behavior from lil' Brooke. Who "wipes" themselves at camp? And who would wear those short shorts at the workplace? Well, if they were working at a strip joint or Hooters it would be ok but since they aren't I would think miss stuck up, looker downer, would have enough clue.

I'm really hoping that their supervisor really makes these fools stick with the rules and hands out punishment when they break them....I'm sick of seeing these people get fun and easy jobs only to screw up and get a little teary eyed heart to heart from bossy...not at all a real world situation.

As for Jenn....maybe it would be best for her to keep her mouth shut about what she supposedly doesn't or shouldn't do. Last week we witnessed her admitting to having a drinking problem and wanting to work on it only to see her get trashed yet again. Then the whole sleep around bit well looks like you do Jenn or at least you've started.

01-04-07, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Good grief! I think the Nazpinkster has hit it on the proverbial head. Way to go!

01-04-07, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
LOL......it's scary to know that these fools are representing my age group (I'm 24).

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-07 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Wow....I actually enjoyed both episodes last night! This job looks so exciting. I'd LOVE to do something like that...course I'm a huge outdoor kind of girl. I love camping, nature and anything having to do with being outdoors! How perfect for the Real World cast - NO drinking, NO sex, NO bad behavior. THIS should be very interesting!! They'll all crack, I'm sure.

Any slight defending I did for Brooke is completely null and void at this point. Apparently that was not a one time frustrating freak out last week. That is typical overdramatic Brooke being...well...being Brooke. Ugh. She's as screwed up in the head as Paula Walnuts. Grow some balls you sissy.

Jen drove me crazy last night. Can she talk any faster? Half the time I had no clue what she was saying. Slow it down you half-wit cheerleader.

What I found funny last night is that Brooke actually looked better than usual - despite being away from running water and full length mirrors. She looked better sitting around the campfire in her hat than she does all dolled up with make-up. AND...what was with her running around in her thong? And next week? She's hiking in her undies? Nice role model for the kids.

Dear MTV, I hope the Red Cross is nearby to save Brooke from the 'harsh conditions' of nature. What if she runs out of wet wipes? What if her mirror breaks? Always playing it safe, KC (Karen's counterpart)

01-04-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
LOL...it's funny how much Brooke talks down about certain roommates actions yet is not better herself. It was wrong for Jen to be all over that guy yet it's ok for Brooke to run around with her butt sticking out and wipe her "unmentionable" (next episode) at work....lol.

01-04-07, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Jen drove me crazy last night.

I couldn't agree more. I dislike her more with each passing episode. She is a total waste of time and air.

01-04-07, 06:11 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Well, at least I'm not alone on this one! I still think Jenn's the way she is because that stint as a Raiders cheerleader was probably the only "job" she's ever had. There's no indication she even graduated from high school let alone college. Because she has a decent shape and she's willing to use it to get what she wants (no thought of morality in sight!), and because her parents have undoubtedly pampered her, the result is a little spoiled self-centered brat. And on the side she's a Ho. Maybe a Mountain Lion will eat her!

And I still say that without her makeup she's more putrid than road kill!

I think the Nazpinkster is right: Who in their right mind would allow this motley crew to have anything to do with children??? That might be as logical as allowing a room full of Boa Constrictors to "guard" a bunch of homeless mice.

01-04-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Dave, I think Jenn is rather putrid looking WITH makeup. I was noticing her last night and wondering WTF anyone sees in her. I think she wears WAY TOO much makeup and her eye brows look like something from a bad Star Trek episode.

That might be as logical as allowing a room full of Boa Constrictors to "guard" a bunch of homeless mice.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
>First off, I want to know
>why any organization who works
>with kids would actually want
>the cast of Real World
>working for them!!! Shouldn't this
>be considered gross neglect or
>something? I'm sure some of
>the Real Worlders will "maintain"
>while around the kids but
>it seems to be too
>much of a risk.

I guess they never saw the Boston season where the cast "worked" at a afterschool program. One of the castmates let her young charges take a sip of her wine at some food tasting thing they went too. Luckily she was fired from the job. Not kicked out of the house though.

01-04-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
All I can say is these dopes better not spoil this experience for these kids...they've been through enough!

But I do agree that the Real Worlders may get quite a bit from this experience (as long as their supervisor cracks the whip when one of them gets out of line). The drinking and other such activities need to stop as well as the egotistical drunken banter.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-07, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
BWAHAHA!! I couldn't help but laugh at Brooke!

I really don't like Jen at this point.

It'll be interesting to find out how they succeed without alcohol and sex. Hmmm....

Are you on the list?

01-05-07, 00:17 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Relax! There is no end to the number of possibilities that exist for this crew to foul up. It is only a matter of time. Of course, if they don't enforce the rules.......

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-07, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
>Relax! There is no end to
>the number of possibilities that
>exist for this crew to
>foul up. It is only
>a matter of time. Of
>course, if they don't enforce
>the rules.......

I wouldn't put it past this bunch to walk in to the camp site one day with flasks in hand.

01-07-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Ii re-watched the two back-to-back episodes again this morning just for kicks. As much as we all love to stomp on our new-found punching bag, Brooke, I think we should consider something: For as much as she moaned and groaned and complained and all that, at least she gutted out the training activities. I mean, it was pretty lame her carrying on when asked to jump in the cold water, but that's not what I'm talking about here. When she was up in the trees she was obviously (and genuinely) scared to death. Despite this, she didn't quit. Though it took a while, she eventually accomplished all that they asked of her - including scaling a cliff. When finished she sat down and cried in front of the trainer. Unlike Jenn, who does a really lousy job of fake crying, Brooke's tears were real. And she wasn't crying because she was complaining or fed up or throwing a tantrum, she was crying because (and she freely admitted this) she was ashamed of herself.
My point is that Brooke is definitely sheltered and a cry baby. However, she faced her fears and overcame them. After she accomplished all those feats that had petrified her, she was honest with her emotions and cried because she realized that she could indeed do things that she initially was scared to death to even try. Maybe the other posters here think this is irrelevant, but I was rather impressed by the fact that Brooke worked through her fears and finished the challenges. Though I hold out little hope that she'll completely change in a week or two, at least this episode gave me hope for her future. We shall see.
Now, if she can only be broken of that nasty habit of wearing underwear (without pants) on the job, and to stop wiping her private parts in front of others, maybe she won't get fired.....

01-07-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Well said Dave, I will admit that I am terrified of snakes and if I were put in a situation to be close to one...I would run away screaming like an elementary school age little girl. I do agree with you that she was genuinely afraid of heights.

I still dislike Jenn...just saying.

01-07-07, 10:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Yeah, I agree....I'm glad that she at least gave forth an effort and succeeded. That part really didn't bother me....it was the constant screaming and swearing over cold water....when she could have gotten out..lol.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-08-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think in the previews, Brooke was told off by Chris (the boss) not for wiping her unmentionables...but for urinating at the camp site.

I replayed it on my Tivo...and that's what it sounded like he said.

Also...when they first met Chris...didn't Jenn (or brooke) call him Bob? When I heard it I was like "thought his name was Chris...??"

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-07 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

And didn't Jen say her privates were going to be more hairy than Brooks pits and itchy when they were in the car after shopping?

Why the heck would you throw that out there and isn't that TMI big time?

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

01-08-07, 11:23 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Yup, that sounds like something better kept private.

This week's episode ought to be interesting. Possibilities: Flasks, illicit sex, urinating within the camp, overly-hairy armpits and private parts, wiping said private parts in plain view of the others, mindless complaining, scheming, buffoonery, you name it, this next episode just might deliver the goods!

But can they really survive a few days int he mountains without booze??? This is the ultimate question!

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
I hope that these jerks realize the opportunity they've been given. What an awesome adventure. I would LOVE to do something like that. If they can't overcome their immature ways and stop being booze hound sluts for a few days....well.....then....I'll have to hunt them down and beat them.

Dear MTV, This adventure sounds like a soul searching one. Maybe I can come and search for all of my souls. I think I have quite a few. They talk to me often. Call me, KC

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-09-07, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
>But can they really survive a
>few days int he mountains
>without booze??? This is the
>ultimate question!

Are we takign bets on to who will go through withdrawal first?

or who will say "Man, I like you better drunk?"

01-10-07, 01:36 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Real World Denver Episode 7 Discussion 01/03/2007"
Once again I tortured myself to watch yet another rerun. Ugh, I could scream!!

What I think is really interesting is how similar but how very different Jenn and Brooke are. Both are extremely pampered and are used to getting their own way all the time. However, Jenn is literally fearless and Brooke is scared (or intimidated) by her own shadow. Jenn, Ho that she is, took on each challenge in the woods like the most eager of beavers. She jumped at the chance to try everything they threw at her. She seemed to love every minute of it. Brooke, on the other hand, was a mess. Though I am happy that Brooke eventually finished all that they threw at her, it sure was interesting that Jenn dove into every activity like a Kamakaze pilot. Hmmmm......

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •