The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hello...my name is......"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-11-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hello...my name is......"
I haven't seen this Real World/Challenge message board this busy in a long time!! It's great to have some new faces around here!!

For all of you newbies (and not so newbies) - let's play a quick game. Goes like this. List your name and your favorite Real World or favorite Challenge and anything else you want to tell about yourself.

I'll go first.

Hi, I'm FlowerChild (aka FC) - I don't really have a favorite Real World Season - I watch it because.....well....because...ok...I don't know why I watch it. Maybe because it used to be a good show. It's really gotten worse in the last few years, yet for some reason I still watch it.

And most importantly I really miss the Krazy Karen commercials.

Dear MTV, What have you done with Karen? Is she locked in a cellar somewhere?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hello...my name is...... volsfan 12-11-06 1
   RE: Hello...my name is...... DaveThe Dude 12-11-06 2
       RE: Hello...my name is...... eire_heart74 12-12-06 3
           RE: Hello...my name is...... FlowerChild 12-14-06 4
               RE: Hello...my name is...... myluckycharms 12-14-06 5
                   RE: Hello...my name is...... eire_heart74 12-15-06 6
               RE: Hello...my name is...... HobbsofMI 12-19-06 7
                   RE: Hello...my name is...... FlowerChild 12-19-06 8
                       RE: Hello...my name is...... HobbsofMI 12-22-06 11
 RE: Hello...my name is...... arkiegrl 12-19-06 9
   RE: Hello...my name is...... DaveThe Dude 12-19-06 10
       RE: Hello...my name is...... HobbsofMI 12-22-06 12
 RE: Hello...my name is...... DRONES 12-29-06 13
   RE: Hello...my name is...... volsfan 12-29-06 18
       RE: Hello...my name is...... DRONES 01-02-07 24
 RE: Hello...my name is...... TVFreak 12-29-06 14
 RE: Hello...my name is...... rjrabbit 12-29-06 15
   OH RABBIT! volsfan 12-29-06 19
       RE: OH RABBIT! rjrabbit 12-31-06 23
 RE: Hello...my name is...... maryellennaco 12-29-06 16
   RE: Hello...my name is...... DaveThe Dude 12-29-06 17
   RE: Hello...my name is...... eire_heart74 12-31-06 22
 RE: Hello...my name is...... batts 12-30-06 20
   RE: Hello...my name is...... arkiegrl 12-30-06 21
   RE: Hello...my name is...... FlowerChild 01-03-07 25
       RE: Hello...my name is...... countrygirl_29 01-09-07 26
           RE: Hello...my name is...... FlowerChild 01-09-07 27
 RE: Hello...my name is...... ohmyheck 01-10-07 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
My name is Vols and I part of the furniture around here! I don't have a favorite season but one of the worst seasons ever was Chicago...YAWN!

I lvoe the Krazy Karen commercials as well.

I finally blogged

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
I'm Dave and I generally come across as miserable because I complain so much. Oh wait, we're talking about the Real World show, so complaining is ok (what was I thinking???).

I started watching the Real World rather late in life. Completely by accident I turned on the first minute of the first episode from #13, the season in Paris. Since I was going to be going to Paris in a few months I started watching just for kicks. I thought the Paris season had great potential that was wasted by too much laziness, dishonesty and extreme stupidity. Plus, the gay guy from Ireland was missing all the time.

Since then I have watched San Diego (so-so), Philly (awful), Austin (less than so-so), Key West (so-so), and now Denver. I also managed to later buy and watch the season in Las Vegas (raunchy and kind of sickening), and later watched the Seattle and Boston seasons that had been taped by a friend. I have never seen the season in London (which was supposed to be incredibly boring), Chicago, New Orleans, Back to New York, SF, or LA (there was one in LA, wasn't there?).

I am hoping that MTV will show some of these past seasons as re-runs. I know they've shown the Las Vegas sleeze season, but I have missed any of the others if they have in fact been show as re-runs.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hey all! I'm Eileen and I've been heavily addicted to the Real World since it started 112 years ago! Ok so like when was that 1992? Ok so since I was 18 I have been watching this show. Every single season.

Fave season? Probably the first because it was the most honest one. People had jobs and lives outside of living in that apartment. It was a time when reality tv was still a very new concept and no one was thinking they were going to be millionaries by being on one.

Least? That list grows longer. Chicago, Key West, Austin, the second time around in NYC. Oh anddon't get me started on the two in Europe. London and Paris, where they had such a wonderful chance to do some great travelling and really see the world and all we saw was them constantly sitting around in their duvets in some sort of semi coma state on the couches bitching about each other.

12-14-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Ok...for all of you new faces (names...whatever) around here that didn't want to introduce yourselves...well fine...no crap basket for you.

Humpf.

I'm just kidding. Hi Vols, Dave and Eire!!! *smooches*

myluckycharms 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-14-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail myluckycharms Click to send private message to myluckycharms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-06 AT 07:45 PM (EST)

hang on, some of us are just slooowww...

Hi, my name is Leigh. Sadly, I have seen every season of
Real World, Road Rules and all the Challenges...yes my bones are creaking and my husband thinks I'm ridiculous

Real worlds, I'm okay with everything prior to vegas, at that point it really started getting sleazy. Road Rules fav was definately the Europe trip - remember Balou? - she was nuts..
They need to do another Europe with people from other countries.

I love all the challenges all the people you love and all the people you love to hate!

12-15-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
. Road Rules fav
>was definately the Europe trip
>- remember Balou? - she
>was nuts..
>They need to do another Europe
>with people from other countries.

Oh yeah she was freaking nuts!!! I loved watching her. She made amazing tv. She did a challenge once. Remember she brought her baby with her and I can't remember who but someone kept giving her alot of crap about it. telling her how to parent and stuff. And she went crazy then too.

Good times!

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
My name is Hobbs and I've already got a crap basket from the OT so I don't need another.

I've been watching since the beginning and I liked when they had real jobs and you just saw how they interacted. I think RW started to go down hill with SF and then it really went off the map with LV. Since then it's gotten worst and worst but for some reason I keep watching the train wreck but for some reason never got into RR. It seems like Denver is going to top them all.....

Save me!!!!!

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

12-19-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hobbs, my friend, how can we save you when we can't seem to save ourselves??

It's hopeless. We're in the deep end now.

12-22-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
But it works in AA or other programs like that....why not here?....lol....

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hi, I'm arkie and I started watching the Real World with the second season. I caught the first season later in one of the many, many marathons that MTV runs. I'm not sure I have a favorite season, but I did like the SF and Hawaiia seasons. I really started losing interest with the Seattle cast. What a bunch of boring whiny slugs.

I think the Krazy Karen commercials were the best thing to come out of the RW shows.

I still watch all the challenge shows.

I need to get a life.

winterized by tribe

12-19-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
You're not the only one who needs to get a life!!

If anyone sees that MTV is scheduling any of the past seasons of the Real World on TV as re-runs, please let us know. I would like to see some of the older seasons, especially SF, LA and Hawaii.

12-22-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
I think MTV sold off a lot of the re-runs to the WB or UPN.....so who knows if they'll ever be aired again.

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-29-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hello my name is Drones and I have only watched parts of few seasons. I usually watch RW/RR, The Duel challenges instead.

The reason I'm watching this season is because I know Tyrie. I must say that I have never seen this side of him before. Rather shocking. I talked to him before the seasons and he said this show is a real pressure cooker and makes you do and say things that are completely out of character. I can't wait to talk to him after the season is over. Oh...FWIW...He is going to be(is already?) doing one of the challenge shows as well. I'm not sure which one though.

DRONES

12-29-06, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Drones, I would be interested in hearing anything you have to say about Tyrie as you are watching the show. You say you are shocked...about what? His temper?

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-02-07, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
I'm very shocked about his temper. I have never ever seen him even raise his voice and I have been out drinking with him. Another thing that has surprised me are the racial issues that he's brought up. Tyrie(T) hangs out with 2 very different groups of people. Since he grew up in the African American part of Omaha he has his friends from his neighbor hood, but he also has a very large group of friends that are white. He went to school at the University of Nebraska Lincoln, which as most would guess a very white school. I don't know if anybody remembers but he was on another reality show, Tommy Lee Goes to College(I think that was the name of the show). He was a member of Tommy Lee's fraternity at UNL.

He is a very large man at 6' 225# but he has actually lost a lot of weight. He used to be about 275#. I always knee him to be this big teddy bear and one of the nicest people that I know.

DRONES

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-29-06, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hello *snap* *snap*
My name is Stacie *snap* *snap*
And I love to watch the Real World *snap* *snap*
I don't have a favorite season because I live in the boondocks and my cable company just added MTV 3 years ago...
Okay, you can all quit laughing now!
Call me stupid if you want to, but I love Wes and Johanna!

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-29-06, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hello my name is Renee. I, like Dave, started watching with RW Paris. I was able to see RW LV thanks to my Tivo. I liked LV though I understand why some people don't. I would love to see the earlier seasons so someone let me know if they ever rerun them.
I read every post on every episode but I've been lurking way too much.

12-29-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
19. "OH RABBIT!"
I agree...you lurk WAY too freakin much!

*SMOOCH*

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-31-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: OH RABBIT!"
*SMOOCH* right back atcha! My New Years resolution is to post more.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Howdy y'all, I'm Molly and yes, the truth is about to come out... I've watched Real World since the BEGINNING and also Road Rules.... I actually saw the season that the idiot Beth was on, which is like; 20 years ago or something!!
Seriously, that chick needs to graduate, apply for Social Security, and just MOVE ALONG...

My favorite seasons have been SF, (just loved that whole Pedro & Puck interaction), London (who can forget the beef heart wrapped with barbed wire for a Valentine?), Paris (just because I liked looking at PARIS,FRANCE; not so much the cast) Hawaii (again, the scenery and house were spectacular), New Orleans (because of the whole Mormon Julie angle).

Least favs: Chicago (buncha wacked out ho's), Las Vegas (bunch of wacked out ho's), Austin (just plain B-O-R-I-N-G), Key West (yawn...).

There you have it! Plus, the RR/RW message board on MTV is kinda nutty, this one is MUCH better!!!

12-29-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
I wish MTV would re-play the San Francisco season. Everyone raves about how interesting it was. But I've never seen it! I feel left out!

If it's ever going to be re-run, please remind us! I don't want to miss it!

12-31-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
, which
>is like; 20 years ago
>or something!!
>Seriously, that chick needs to graduate,
>apply for Social Security, and
>just MOVE ALONG...

Absolutely agree!! New rule for the show. If your season was on in the 90's you can no longer be on MTV!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-30-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Batts. I wanted to light the fire in the Flowers Post icon.

No... thats not code......
you know... that little icon to the left of Flowers thresd that looks like a burning page ? Oh, never mind.......

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
*snort*

01-03-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Batts just LIT ME UP!!

Burn baby!

countrygirl_29 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-09-07, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail countrygirl_29 Click to send private message to countrygirl_29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-07 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

Hello, everybody......

I haven't posted here in quite some time, so to you that don't know me, my name is Leigh. I saw earlier where someone else spells their name just like me, pretty cool.

Anyways, my favorite seasons of RW are Hawaii and Boston. I wish the producers would go back to those kinda shows. The new ones just seem so staged and fake to me.

My favorite RW/RR challenges were the "Battle of the Seasons" and "Good Guys vs Bad Asses". Now those were some good shows.

I'm currently watching the Duel and I've been rooting for Wes & Svets since day one.

01-09-07, 04:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hey COUTNRY GIRL!!!
Welcome!
Don't be a stranger. Come and play with us more often!!

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-10-07, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hello...my name is......"
Hi, I'm Derek, I started watching with Hawaii. I stopped watching with Philly. My favorite was New Orleans. I like Road Rules better than Real World, and I think MTV ruined it with Maximum Velocity. Semester at Sea and Australia were the best. I like the Challenges best and my favorites are Battle of the Sexes 1 and Battle of the Seasons.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •