The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
The childish actions of some continue. Let's talk about it here. My online TV Guide says

John brings home two women, and Jose ends up playing wingman; Paula reveals a startling secret about her ex-boyfriend.

Now, Skinny has something to say about her boyfriend...is the season of the boyfriend?

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-11-06 1
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 04-11-06 2
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-11-06 3
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 04-11-06 4
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-12-06 5
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 04-12-06 6
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 04-12-06 7
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 04-12-06 8
                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 04-12-06 9
                           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 04-13-06 10
                               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-13-06 11
                                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 04-14-06 12
                                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Hypnotic21 04-14-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
So Paula's ex beat her so bad she was hospitalized. No wonder she has an eating disorder.

And Svetlana thinks she has problems with her boyfriend. Will she realize others may have is worse than her?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-11-06, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
I don't Svet can see past her own problems enough to see that others may have it worse than her. JMHO

04-11-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Next week does Paula steal John's girl? That's pretty funny.

It looks like we're flipping back to the Paula's drama shows for a bit.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-11-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Svetlana might well be mostly clueless, but I think at least some of what she said to the equally witless Paula made sense. I mean, if Paula is that much of a nitwit to continue to let that bum back home mess with her, well, maybe she deserves what she gets. People should be held accountable for their own actions, and if she lets that dirtball con her into going back with her, well.....

Pretty neat that the junior real estate tycoon had no interest in that scank who was running around with her shirt off at the pool! She was probaably too drunk (or cheap) to realize it, but it should have been majorly embarassing for her to make a move on him and to have him blow her off with the cameras rolling.

Ty sure was interested in watching the "action" by the pool!

04-12-06, 07:08 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
I mean, if Paula is that much of a nitwit to continue to let that bum back home mess with her, well, maybe she deserves what she gets. People should be held accountable for their own actions, and if she lets that dirtball con her into going back with her, well

That is often not easy to do. Paula feels he is the only one she has and sometimes you feel having someone that abuses you is better than having no one at all. She seriously needs to talk to a professional and the others need to support and encourage her. Nobody deserves what she got.

04-12-06, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

I'm not saying she deserves what happened in the past, but if she chooses to go back to an abusive relationship THEN she deserves anything that happens. It's called using one's brain and making logical decisions. It seems that these days there's always someone who is ready, willing & able to make excuses for someone's acts of stupidity. We have choices. If she makes a really bad decision to go back to that scumbag back home, then all I'm saying is that I no longer have the energy to waste my time feeling sorry for her. Yes, she needs serious help, and I'm glad she told that bum on the phone that she was going to get some while in Florida. Notice that the bum wasn't too happy when she told him she was finally going to get help. I hope she gets that help, I hope it works, I hope she starts eating better, and I definitely hope she tells that bum back home to jump off a tall bridge.

04-12-06, 06:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
*stands and applauds Dave*

04-12-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Is Vols serious or does he want me to jump off that tall bridge too?

04-12-06, 10:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Vols is very serious. I couldn't have said that *points up there* any better than you did!

*waves to Dave*

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
I agree, it easier said than done when it comes to abusive relationships but I agree more with Dave. Abusive relationships don't take weening from, one has to just get out of it and stay out. The fact that Paula seperated herself from this ex-boyfriend by moving away for 4 months is the best thing she could have done. Talking to him is just stupid and it only allows him to continue screwing with her head. To complete the breaking of the ties, Paula needs to stop all communication and then she needs to seek counsling. Svet making more sense than Paula should clue the woman in that she has major problems. I don't really get why Paula feels this guy is the only one she has when clearly she has a relationship with her mom since she was in her casting video and everything seemed to be fine. I still can't help but think that Paula feels the need to play victim because she feels that's the only way she will get attention. I don't feel confident that her eating issues and other issues stem from the abusive relationship.

The description I had on my t.v. also said that Jose plays wingman to John but I don't know if I would call it that. Here I was thinking that Jose was going to hook up with some chick and it turns out he just talked to her, but only to keep her entertained so John could have some time with that other woman. I was actually quite impressed with Jose. On previous RW we would have seen almost anyone (male or female)take full advantage of the opportunity to sleep with someone.

Next week's show looks entertaining. Paula stealing John's hookup!!! That is kind of funny.

04-13-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
Weaning may not be the right word, but abusive relationships often do take a long time to get out of. The abuse causes psychological damage that needs to be repaired. This all depends on the duration of the relationship, the extent of the damage and many other factors, but many people cannot just walk away. Often the people feel dependent on the person or feel they aren't good enough to deserve better.

We don't know if Paula's problems started with the ex. When did the eating disorder start? Her problems could have started long ago and the relationship made it worse. We don't know Paula's relationship with her mother. She may feel it is not supportive enough. Also many women confuse having nobody in their life with having a man in their life because they believe a women is nothing without a man. Sad, yes, but true.

This is a very sensitive issue with me and something I've been involved with for years. Yes the logical solution is to leave. It's like hitting your head into a wall. If it hurts, just stop doing it. The answer seems so simple if it isn't happening to you. But the real situation is much harder and the damage caused by it takes long to repair.

You are right that Paula needs to stop all communication with him immediately. Being in the house and doing things without him should help that. Maybe that was her main reason for applying for the show. It seems like up to now she has been trying to ignore her problems, but maybe she is trying to help herself.

On a different subject, what's the real definition of a wingman? I never knew.

04-14-06, 02:24 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
History will record the legacy of the MTV Generation as one with too many people making too many lame excuses for too many bad decisions by too many spineless people too willing to blame someone else for their own stupidity and/or lack of common sense. If Paula was in love with someone who beat her up, that's bad enough. If she finds excuses to go back to this bum, then she deserves every black eye, broken rib and tear drop that comes her way. If anyone coddles her and tells her it's ok to go back to this bum, they THEY need a good old fashioned foot up their posterior.

By the way, did anyone notice the GROSS difference in Paula's appearance on the show compared to her original demo tape??? Paula USED to be really good looking. Now she is a self-starved, half dead mess. If that bum back home is responsible for this, then Paula should not just tell him to jump off a tall building, she should pay someone to throw him off.

Hypnotic21 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hypnotic21 Click to send private message to Hypnotic21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 7 Discussion 04/11/06"
As someone who has had a loved one with Anorexia in their life I see a lot of similarities in Paula. People with Anorexia often are very close to their Mothers (usually too close) as Paula is. The symptoms of Anorexia are a sign that they are desperately seeking control in their lives, so in that way it actually makes sense that Paula is drawn to a controlling man.

I see Paula’s boyfriend as enabling her disorder; notice how he got upset when she told him she was going to get counseling. If Paula is going to get better she has to sever all ties with her manipulative jerk of a boyfriend because he doesn’t want to see her get better, he just wants to control her.

Paula’s eating disorder dose not excuse her from all blame for the poor choices she makes, but if dose explain them to a certain degree. Paula must follow through with counseling or her disease could kill her. Anorexia is a serious mental disorder with a high mortality rate.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •