The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-06, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-06 AT 08:03 AM (EST)

Two episodes in and I have a great deal of hope that this season will be one of the best yet. MTV has put together a group of older peeps and so far they have looked a little more respectful than seasons past. Will it last? Let’s see…

I don’t think anyone needs a recarp but for those that might have forgotten:

Seven strangers move into an unbelievable house in Key West and everyone appears to be insecure about something but some are more so than others. Skinny (Paula) is a bulimic and can’t believe there are people in the house that can eat a slice of pizza without feeling guilty. Skinny has one drink and becomes problematic for everyone around her.

So, early the next morning everyone gets up and goes to have breakfast. They leave Skinny behind to reflect on her mishap while the group talks about her. The group understands that she has an eating disorder but they don’t know what to do. There is some bickering back and forth about the sincerity of the feelings of Paula’s ordeal but is really just BRAK BRAK BRAK to my ears.

Back at the house, Skinny is thinking back and says that she “felt out of control”. Felt? Felt? She FELT out of control? Hell, bitch told John/Zach she hated him every time he opened his mouth and then vomited all over A1A while traffic looked on in horror. FELT? Then she says she “thinks” she should apologize. She needs to apologize like she needs to eat a burger and fries! Thinks?

Everyone makes it back from breakfast and Jose finds Skinny lying in the hammock out back. They have a chat and Skinny tells him she thinks everyone has already labeled her as the one with the problem. Ummm…she is just a regular Sherlock Holmes here! Everyone (including all of us viewers) have seen her, decided she has a problem and needs help. WTF is there to label? Sometimes the truth hurts. Now, If I were calling her a Skinny Bitch then “label” would be accurate.

The next scene causes a little confusion with Vols. Skinny and Slutty are in their bedroom complaining that everyone is going out partying at a gay club. Well actually it is just Slutty about not wanting to see young men picking-up older men. What the fvck does she think goes on in a gay bar? Her description sounds more like pedophilia and nothing like the gay clubs I visit. This makes me wonder if Slutty goes sto “straight” clubs where the young women are dressed in short skirts trying to pick-up men dressed as Mr. Rogers. You know the old saying…Real men wear sweater vests!

All the drama that is nothing more than worthy of The Real World transpires. Everyone appears to be having a great time including John until he realizes that he HAS to go where “other heterosexuals” are partying. This causes a little drama, as he seems to be the only one pushing to not go back to the gay club. There are camera angles that show us people walking around everywhere and I have no clue if anyone went back to the gay club or if all of them went home. It was just an argument.

The drama continues once everyone is back at the house as Queen Ty and John are arguing about going to the gay club and then leaving so abruptly. The bickering makes my head hurt as they go back and forth without a heated argument as much as it was a discussion.

Janelle finally pulls aside Queen Ty to make him see that the other guys really gave it a try and they weren’t as comfortable at the gay bar as he (Ty) was. Queenie sees the error of his way and apologizes to John for not being understanding. Queen Ty goes to shake hands with him but he won’t have any of that…he demands a hug! Everyone is happy now. Who says this can’t be a learning experience?

The last 3-4 minutes of the show is just where started…Skinny has an eating disorder and no one knows how to act around her. The saddest part of all is when John/Zach asked her to name one thing about herself that she loves. She can’t name a single thing! After much discussion, Skinny admits she needs professional help.

OH.THE.DRAMA!

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary The Real World... ARnutz 03-09-06 1
 RE: Official Summary The Real World... batts 03-09-06 2
   RE: Official Summary The Real World... DaveThe Dude 03-11-06 3
 RE: Official Summary The Real World... motormouth 03-12-06 4
   RE: Official Summary The Real World... DaveThe Dude 03-13-06 5
 RE: Official Summary The Real World... MTW1961 03-14-06 6
   RE: Official Summary The Real World... volsfan 03-14-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
Real men wear sweater vests???

Haaaaa!!! *snort*

*boggle* They make up and hug? Wow, they are a mature bunch! Maybe...

Now that I've read your summary, you have to go read my Apprentice one!

A J Slice original ©2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-09-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"

>Back at the house, Skinny is
>thinking back and says that
>she “felt out of control”.
>Felt? Felt? She FELT out
>of control? Hell, bitch told
>John/Zach she hated him every
>time he opened his mouth
>and then vomited all over
>A1A while traffic looked on
>in horror. FELT?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thats all I got to say bout that!

This summary is great! I haven't had time to watch the episode yet, but now that I read your summary, I'm looking forward to it!

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-11-06, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
I forced myself to re-watch (for the 3rd time, no less!) the first two episodes of the Real World, Key West. The more I watch Paula the more disgusted I get. I just can no longer conger up any sympathy for anyone who is this dysfuctional. I think she likes the attention, and I think MTV purposely put her on the show for all the unnecessary drama and nonsense that they felt she would inevitably cause. This is not fun. Face it: The show has run its course and should be cancelled. It promotes alot of bad attitudes, and tries hard to make the unacceptable seem normal. Is it any wonder why our youth are so directionless, amoral, and fouled up?

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-12-06, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
You nailed it Vols, great job! I too have a little hope that this season will prove to be better than last (though that's not saying a whole lot).

Handcrafted by RollDdice

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-13-06, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
Motormouth is right: Vols once again did a good job on the summary.

Maybe if Paula gets some sort of serious help and really tries to get her act together, well, maybe that will help make this season a success. Maybe if Svetlana the spoiled brat grows up during the course of the season, well, maybe that will make it a tad more interesting. Maybe all the storms and such will make some of them realize that the real world is not just fun, games, non-stop partying, and unnecessary drama, and they will figure out that people really do die, major storms cause lots of people to have lots of their property ruined, maybe the internal light bulbs will go on. And maybe they will find themselves in a few situations where they have to rely on each other in times of true stress and real fright. But if the horrible storms serve as nothing more than a slight respite from the constant drinking at loud bars and other idiotic behavior, then I'm packing it in. We shall see.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-14-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
I simply can't believe I read a Real World summary!

Love the burgre and fries comment - it made me hungry. I going to go eat a fry and perhaps a couple of sesame seeds!

*runs off to check closet for sweater vests*
*no, not THAT closet!*

WooHoo - an arkie original!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official Summary The Real World Key West Episode 2: Can't We All Just Get Along?"
Thanks for reading MTW!

You better have sweater vests!

Also, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •