The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Will Paula eat or drink anything tonight? Let's talk about the episode here...

Who is your favorite so far? I like Queen Ty the best just because he is comedic relief and just tells it like it is.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-07-06 1
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-07-06 2
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-08-06 3
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 03-08-06 4
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-08-06 5
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... FlowerChild 03-08-06 6
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... jase 03-08-06 7
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Sonya 03-08-06 8
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-08-06 9
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... batts 03-09-06 14
       I think this is directed at me... volsfan 03-08-06 10
           RE: I think this is directed at me.... nazpink 03-09-06 11
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-09-06 12
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-09-06 13
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... JohannaBotta 03-17-06 15
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-18-06 16
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... JohannaBotta 03-18-06 17
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-19-06 18
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Zoey 03-20-06 19
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Met80 03-20-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-07-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Paula said something tonight which was (at least to me) an obvious lie. She said that she did NOT want to come onto the show and stand out due to her eating problems and that she didn't want to be the center of attention because of it. Well, from my experience people like her that are that fouled up actually thrive on the attention. So, I believe she tried hard (and succeeded) to get onto this show precisely BECAUSE she had these problems and exactly BECAUSE she wanted to try to be the center of attention. I have no respect for dishonest people.

As for the others, they seem reasonably ok except for the spoiled Russian girl, who is an irritating pain.

I just hope this season isn't yet another episode after episode of drinking, inane conversations in loud bars, stupid arguments, and unnecessary drama brought on by immaturity and too much booze. I don't think I can stand another season of this sort of weekly time wasting.

On the other hand, it just might turn out better. I am keeping my fingers crossed. However, I hold out no hope for the seriously troubled Paula. I bet both Paula and/or the Russian will seriously threaten to go home before the season is over. If they do, it is no big loss.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-07-06, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Paula said something tonight which was (at least to me) an obvious lie. She said that she did NOT want to come onto the show and stand out due to her eating problems and that she didn't want to be the center of attention because of it. Well, from my experience people like her that are that fouled up actually thrive on the attention. So, I believe she tried hard (and succeeded) to get onto this show precisely BECAUSE she had these problems and exactly BECAUSE she wanted to try to be the center of attention.

You may be right about Paula but I know a person that had an eating disorder for years and she did any/everything in her power to keep it a secret from everyone. She was very defensive and wouldn't even allow anyone to bring up the topic. I am interesting in seeing how it plays out.

03-08-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Well Vols, I think you're right about many people with problems like this, that they try to keep it a secret. But this girl Paula is obviously not into secrets. I really think she is thriving - in a sick kind of way - on all this attention. Why on earth would anyone go onto a show like this - with a gazillion cameras everywhere - and think they could keep such serious problems a secret?

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-08-06, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
I thought we'd make it through an episode without Paula crying, but she pulled it off at the end. Good job, Paula.

Tyler is my favorite. As I said in the recap thread, I think he'll be the house gossip and stir up trouble.

What was with Svetlana and the gay bar? Does every young gay man make her think of her brother and every older gay man make her think of her dad? At first I thought her brother was gay and seeing the younger ones hooking up with older guys made her uncomfortable because she felt they were being taken advantage of. Ok I can see her feeling protective, but after the father comment, I don't think that was true. Did she wind up going to the bar?

I hope this show doesn't turn out like the gauntlet and Beth where every episode centers around the same person, but if something good comes out of it and someone gets help, then I guess it's worth it.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Dave, I completely agree with you about Paula using negative attention to be in the spotlight, which was something I predicted in my first post on this show. I think Paula's issues go further than her issues with her physical appearance. Sometimes, people have a tendency to remain in the role of a "victim" because they don't feel they are worth the time of day to get attention without having a problem. I was glad to hear Paula tell Janelle that she is willing to seek out professional help but I won't believe she actually wants it until I see her getting it. As far as Paula wanting her eating disorder to be a secret, yeah right. Telling people she is on diet pills, has a problem with the way she looks, barely eating and then telling people she wished she could eat certain things but couldn't because it will make her fat and all while being a walking skeleton. A person would have to be both ignorant and blind not to know she had a problem.

I do think that the guys are all sincerely concerned about Paula. They have been trying to come up with ways to bribe her to eat and have been there enough to make Paula feel comfortable to confide in them. I think Janelle also cares but I also think she enjoys talking about it like its the gossip of the day. My opinion on Svetlana, well I don't think she cares like she says she does. I have barely seen Svetlana talk to Paula about the problem but we sure have seen her talking about Paula behind the girl's back.

As far as having a favorite it would have to be Tyler. I love this guy he is so funny and hasn't an issue telling people what is on his mind especially with Svetlana. I loved it when he called Svetlana out at breakfast when she was talking about how heartbroken she is over Paula's issues. I also love that Tyler was able to show a sensitive and more humble side when Janelle talked to him about John and the gay club incident.

Surprisingly, I think Janelle is going to be Tyler's voice of reason, the one who helps him see things from different perspectives and keeps him from getting into too much trouble. However, it's no surprise that the two have seemed to hit it off, like I said before Janelle is the female version of Tyler.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
To be honest, I really like this cast...SO FAR.

In order of importance...

Tyler is my little gossip queen. I love that he'll say anything that comes to mind. (and I totally laughed out loud when he told his friend on the phone that Paula needs a power bar)

Jose is so sweet. He seems so non-confrontational, mature and genuinely a nice guy. BUT...that also means he's portrayed as quiet since he's not bringing any drama. I'd like to see more of Jose.

Janelle is down to earth and I really liked how she sat Tyler down and made him look at the whole gay club situation differently. She obviously made sense to Tyler too.

Paula just plain needs help. Hopefully if Janelle really wants to help her, she'll find the help that Paula needs...lord knows Paula won't do it herself. I'm leaving it up to Janelle.

Svety gets on my nerves, but then I remind myself that she is only 19 and this is the first time away from home. She's just ok at this point. I do think she's going to cause some drama.

And the other two boys..the ones that are still the same to me? They are just ok at this point too. I did like that the one gave Tyler a hug after their little argument. That was nice.

Ok, so someone slap me...I think I LIKE this cast!!!

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
They're a pretty boring bunch to me, so I'll wait until they show the Hurricane Rita/Wilma episodes to check this out again. This cast doesn't (or has not so far) offer up anything new that has not been done or said before in previous seasons.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Janelle was great at getting Ty to see the bigger picture. I think she really is concerned for Paula. Svet is irriatating me yet. I'm sure only time will tell. I am liking all the guys better than the girls so far. I even like the meathead.

03-08-06, 07:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

This cast doesn't (or has not so far) offer up anything new that has not been done or said before in previous seasons.

Who in previous seasons has had an eating problem to the extent of Paula?

IMHO: This cast has already brought about 130,000% more watchable episodes than any of the past three seasons combined.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-09-06, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
>
>Who in previous seasons has had
>an eating problem to the
>extent of Paula?

How about DONNELL? He ahad a eating disorder! LOL

>IMHO: This cast has already brought
>about 130,000% more watchable episodes
>than any of the past
>three seasons combined.

Nuh Uhhhh..... Austin was the best season ever! (cough cough)

03-08-06, 07:43 PM (EST)
10. "I think this is directed at me..."
As far as Paula wanting her eating disorder to be a secret, yeah right.

The only place I have seen it referenced to anyone keeping an eating disorder a secret is when I mentioned my friend. I never said that Paula was keeping it a secret...my friend did because she was too embarassed to admit it to anyone.

03-09-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I think this is directed at me..."
I was referring to the confessional where Paula stated that she didn't want anyone to know about her problem. I found it hard to believe that she didn't want people to know when she was openly talking about her negative body image of herself, telling people she took diet pills, and talking about how she wish she could eat normal things but she would consider herself weak. It's one thing to have an eating disorder and people figure it out because they are always around, then it would be more believable that she didn't want it exposed, but when Paula talks about it she clearly wants everyone to know.

03-09-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Hey!! Someone other than Vols agrees with me!! It's gonna snow!!

More wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-09-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Do you want cheese with your whine?

JohannaBotta 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohannaBotta Click to send private message to JohannaBotta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
Favortie Girl: Svetlana
Favorite Guy:Tyler

03-18-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
>Favortie Girl: Svetlana
>Favorite Guy:Tyler

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohannaBotta 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohannaBotta Click to send private message to JohannaBotta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
>>Favortie Girl: Svetlana
>>Favorite Guy:Tyler
>
>
>UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh.... sorry YOU dont like them but I do. exept for that episode when Tyler was mean to Svetlana so
Favorite Girl:Svetlana
Favortite GUY:John

03-19-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
My favorite guy is.........Tyler!!!!!
I like all of the guys but John would rank the lowest for them.

As for the ladies well, I can't say as any of them are my favorite.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-06, 05:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
I think Tyler is the instigator who pretends to be a diplomat. He's an #####, in my opinion. I hope at one point or another he gets called out for it. He seems to think he's better than everyone, all the while making others appear worse than they are and trying to make himself seem better. He's a scumbag.

Met80 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Met80 Click to send private message to Met80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 2 Discussion: 03-07-06"
>I think Tyler is the instigator
>who pretends to be a
>diplomat. He's an #####, in
>my opinion. I hope at
>one point or another he
>gets called out for it.
>He seems to think he's
>better than everyone, all the
>while making others appear worse
>than they are and trying
>to make himself seem better.
>He's a scumbag.

I agree 100%.

Tyler seems like he is one of those people who insults you but claims that he is doing so out of the goodness of his heart to make you a better person.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks he is a #####.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •