The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Let's meet the new idiots and see where this season is going to take us. Looks like drama all around! Let's talk about it here.

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 02-28-06 1
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 02-28-06 2
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... AquaGirl 02-28-06 3
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-01-06 4
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... FlowerChild 03-01-06 5
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Sonya 03-01-06 6
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... FlowerChild 03-01-06 7
                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Sonya 03-01-06 8
                           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-01-06 9
                               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-01-06 10
                                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... FlowerChild 03-01-06 11
                                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-01-06 12
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Blacktastic 03-05-06 20
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-05-06 22
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-06-06 27
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Blacktastic 03-07-06 28
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 03-02-06 13
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... batts 03-03-06 14
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-03-06 15
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 03-03-06 16
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-03-06 17
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... FlowerChild 03-03-06 18
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... swahilli22 03-04-06 19
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... bearzie626 03-05-06 21
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-05-06 23
                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... batts 03-05-06 24
                           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... bearzie626 03-05-06 25
                           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-05-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-28-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Oh this is gonna be good! The drama of it all.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-28-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Alls I gots to say is that Paula needs help.

AquaGirl 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-28-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AquaGirl Click to send private message to AquaGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I was pleasantly surprised. The editing flowed better and showed more conversations and interaction between them. I have to say that an hour show is more interesting and kept my attention more. The half hour one feels like it's all commercials. While there was talk of hooking up, etc....it wasn't to the extent of Austin. The first episode of that season was ridiculously edited so that each roommate had their character role. I can tell the cast seems much more mature and interesting. But, it's only the first episode so that might change. I actually liked all of them more than I thought I would, but that Svetty girl is going to drive me nuts. I can tell she is 19 and has never been out on her own before. She sounds like she's whining when she talks and I can't understand half of what she says.
I could see what Paula was saying about John being that typical over confident guy, but she's definitly going to lose it at some point. I liked her and Janelle more than I thought. At least Paula is honest about her issues and realizes that there's a problem. I really liked Jose - he seems very nice. And Tyler is going to be the comical narrator for the season I can tell already.

03-01-06, 06:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I am going to re-watch it tonight but I didn't think Paula was as honest about her problem as she should be. I will have to watch more closely and try to pick up on it.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Yes, Paula certainly has some serious issues...but it seems that the other cast members are clearly aware and they WANT to help her. She REALLY needs some mental help. Did I read somewhere that she was in an abusive relationship? If so, that would explain a few things.

Ok, Problem Paula aside….

I *heart* Jose (so far anyway). He's good looking and he seems so sweet and sincere. Not to mention he isn't a young, fresh-outta high school-party boy. He has his real estate license and owns two homes....makes me think he knows what the word responsible means...unlike many previous Real Worlders.

Janelle? Is it that important that you continue to bring up the fact that you're half white/half black. MUST you clarify that constantly? I like you, but you could be any damn color and I wouldn't care. Like she sighs a sigh of relief when she saw Jose...."oh good...another colored person". Good grief.

Who else...oh John and Zach. As of now...these two are one in the same for me. Can't keep 'em straight yet. One's a drunken frat boy, one's a non-drunken frat boy. Zach does seem like the quieter, nice guy. John is Mr. Comedy Central without an off switch.

Svety? What a whiny beotch you are going to be. MUST the world constantly revolve around you? The boys wanted to go FISHING...NOT play charades. Go away. Where is your babysitter?

Who am I forgetting? OH...TYLER! You little gossip queen you....I LOVE IT! From here on out, I’ll call you, Gossip Queen Ty-Ty. I have a funny feeling that Tyler is going to be our little dirt digger. Tyler is cute, but I think he could get himself in trouble saying and doing whatever comes to mind...often before thinking. I think he and Svety are going to get into some serious fights.

Dear MTV, I'm still so mad that you finally put Karen in the nut house. I miss her crazy love letters. Love, Karen's shadow.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Svet hasn't bothered me yet, but see where she could bother some. I think there are some real hotties on there this time. I feel bad they are there during hurricane season. Paula is on my last nerve. If she is going to cause drama evertime she drinks she needs to not drink. I think she has more issues that just an eating disorders. From the preview I thought I would like her. From the first show, I don't. Maybe she will change my opinion as the show goes on.

03-01-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
See, I'm with you about Paula...I thought I'd like her from the previews too....BUT...if she is going to be this crazy neurotic self destructive drunk, then I'm already over her!! Although...I don't think it's just when she's drunk...I think it's an all-the-time-thing. Bottom line..she needs some counseling.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
She does need help. Seems like Janelle was being very sweet to her and trying to help her get it now. I don't understand how people get like that. I have had a couple of friends with these issues, but they were nothing like her.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Well, the producers really were concerned about not having an Austin repeat since they cast people with such strong personalities, or should I say people who feel the constant need to be in the spotlight and caught up in drama? So, my prediction is that I will be far more entertained this season but I also predict that I will need a bottle of Tylenol at my side, all the yelling and screaming that will be going on!!!!!

My opinion of Jose is that he's someone with a rather mild personality. Someone who will not feel the need to be all tangled up in the drama but should someone step on his toes he will stand his ground. From the way he was talking about his life he seems to be intelligent, responsible, ambitious and a hardworker so this may set him apart fromt his roommates. I wouldn't doubt if Jose is the one who tends to venture outside of the house for company but I also think he will hang with his roommates too.

Zach also falls under the catagory of mild personality. I think his involvement with all the drama is going to be more as a mediator. Zach comes off as a caring individual or actually thinks before he says something. I'm still not sure if Lacy's predictions will be correct about Zach turning into a party boy. As far as his crush on Svet, give it another week and I doubt he will be as smitten with her. If Zach hooks up it will be with someone outside the house and that's if he hooks up.

Well, can't believe I would ever say that Wes is right but he was right on target when he described John as the stereotypical frat guy. Honestly, I can see this guy getting on my nerves (his voice already does) and the nerves of those who have to live under the same roof as him. He will definately say some stupid crap because he won't think about what he is saying but I don't think he will be the jerk of the show either. He will be the party guy who everyone likes and accepts through all his stupidity. As far as his attraction for Svet, I don't think it will last. They won't turn into another Danny and Melanie (if god loves us they won't). I think the most that will happen is a makeout session maybe potential all the way hookup but once he's had her the interest will be gone. So, maybe they will just end up playing the cat and mouse game until John hooks up with a chick from some local bar.

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler......He is definately going to be the one who thinks he knows everything that is going on and have an opinion of it. He won't be afraid to get gossipy and will probably encourage other roommates to join in. He will definately get into some tiffs probably more with Svet, but I don't think he will be on the outs with his roommates. I know that I am going to like this guy.

Janelle is probably the least needy of the girls there but she will also still want the spotlight so I predict that she will go about it by getting in some fight. She comes off as far more confident as the other girls. I also think that she is deep down a nice person with a top layer of b!tchy. As far as the whole race thing with her, I laughed when she said she stays within her race and dates black guys. I knew someone who was half black and half white and considered himself black because he favored that side more as far as looks.

Svetlana is definately going to get on my nerves. She comes off as a spoiled lil brat who needs all the attention and for everything to go her way. Her and Paula are definately going to clash they will get caught up in the whole jealousy competive thing with each other.

Paula is so borderline with me right now. Part of me has a hard time disliking her because she clearly has deep emotional and mental issues, but at the same time I don't think she wants to get help because I think she uses the whole I have problems angle to get the attention. I think that the roommates will want to help her but will get sick of feeling like they have to walk on eggshells around her and will give up. After all, it's hard to help someone who doesn't want it and they probably aren't prepared to help someone with these issues either. As far as Paula leaving, I'm sure she will threaten to leave with no intention to do so. It will be another way for her to get her roommates undivided attention and put them in a situation where they have to talk about how great she is so she will stay.

Oh and here's my cute list:

Guys: Top of the list would have to be Jose he has more of the ummm ummm want a piece of that appeal, Tyler is definately hot but untouchable to the female persuasion, and I unexpectantly find Zach attractive in that nice scraggly kind of guy way.
As far as John goes, well he just doesn't do it for me. Not an ugly guy but just not a guy I would turn my head at to watch him walk by.

Girls: I think Janelle is prettiest and the most confident which helps. Svetlana would have to come next for me but I think her appeal will wear off with her whole attitude. Paula would be a pretty good looking lady if she would just realize what she is doing to her body and realize it makes her look more fragile and sickly then it does sexy.

03-01-06, 09:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I can't decide which guy I think is the cutest. All four of them have their own little thing I like. John and Zach are interchangeable to me...I can't tell them apart yet.

03-01-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
funny...vols..i said the same thing!

03-01-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I thought I had heard that somewhere before!

*smooch*

Blacktastic 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-05-06, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blacktastic Click to send private message to Blacktastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
The producers should be ashamed of themselves for casting someone like her. She clearly needs help and her parents should sue MTV for casting her knowing she's sick.

I'M SO BLACKTASTIC

03-05-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
You don't think this could be a learning experience for Paula, the kids in the house or the viewers of the show?

Do you think that when people have problems they should be shoved under the rug and not discussed because they will eventually go away?

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Isn't this show initially supposed to be about the lives of younger adults unedited? I think that this show has lost track of it's roots. Now we mostly see people ho around and get drunk and virtually have no consequences for their poor behavior, not at all entirely realistic. The producers have every right to cast someone with an eating disorder/mental issues because it is something that affects alot of people and it gives most people someone to relate to and shows others who have not experienced it that it's really not worth the low numbers on the scale. It will also be more of an eye opener for Paula and her family so that they may realize how much she needs help because I don't think she has really gotten any serious help. Paula is what 24? She's old enough to make the decision to be on the show so the idea of Mtv being sued by accepting her as one of the cast is just about as absurd as someone driving with hot coffee from McDonalds and spilling it on themselves only to turn around and sue.

Blacktastic 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blacktastic Click to send private message to Blacktastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
If you guys really believe that The Real World is supposed to be about showing the world the complex lives of various young people and how we (the public) can relate, then you are pretty delusional. MTV is clearly about exploitation. From the Real World to Date My Mom to My Sweet Sixteen, it's all about exploiting these young people (and moms) for the mighty viewing dollar. You got one thing right. The Real World has become all about drinking, sex, and arguments. No one gives a damn that Paula has an eating disorder. The producers knew this would be dramatic, so they cast her... point blank. Please don't think they were doing something noble so that they could get the word out about eating disorders. That's what TLC and PBS are for. MTV just wants to entertain you with as much sex and alcohol as possible.

I'M SO BLACKTASTIC!

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-02-06, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I don't dislike anyone yet, but I know it's coming. Svetlana and Janelle will fight and everyone will be fighting with Paula. That girl should have spent those months getting professional help instead of being on TV. But I was glad to see her interacting with the others and not making herself an outcast like Frankie. As others have said those two guys (Zach & John?) are interchangeable right now. It looks like they will be close. I guess they will be the Landon/MJ or Brad/Randy of the season.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Did I hear Tyler right? Did he nickname Svetlana... Slutlana? OMG.... and the look she gave him wasn't one of approval either.

03-03-06, 06:36 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"

Yes, he called her Slutlana and that is one of the nicest thing I think he could have called her.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I didn't think it was the right thing to say so soon. Sure he can think it, but keep it to yourself for a few weeks.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Well, well, well, another season of the wrongly named Real World. Is this season going to be interesting, or is it just going to be another waste of time? Hmmmm......

That Svetlana girl is a spoiled, immature jerk. I bet by the end of the season one of two things will happen: 1) She'll be forced to grow up and most people will end up liking the "new & improved" Svetlana. Or, 2) she will completely alienate everyone in the cast to the point where they all hate her. From what I've seen so far, they'll all end up hating her. Spoiled, pampered little rich girls like her often marry a dentist and spend the rest of their lives bragging and making everyone around them uncomfortable. Pity the poor schmuck who marries her.

The girl with the eating disorder is more fouled up than anyone realizes. Potentially worse then the mess from San Diego, Frankie (who had an alleged phobia about large ships - yeah right!), waste cases like these are, to me, just not fun to watch. At this point of my life I just don't have the energy to worry about someone who is this idiotic and screwed up. It just isn't fun. The younger and more blissfully idealistic RW fans will will cringe when I say it, but people as useless as this skinny puker are simply not worth the meager space they take up.

03-03-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Yes, he called her Slutlana....what's so funny about that is Svety was jsut saying earlier how she's dealt with people screwing up her name all her life...including the names she was given in high school....and she clearly said how much she hated it. Why doesn't she just nickname herself Lana?

Gossip Queen Ty-Ty, I love you.

swahilli22 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail swahilli22 Click to send private message to swahilli22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Does anybody know the name of the song that was playing with John and Svetlana were laying on the couch? The lyrics were "If you're willing...I'll take you somewhere."

bearzie626 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bearzie626 Click to send private message to bearzie626 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I'm wondering the same exact thing. You read my damn mind, swahilli22. I've been trying to figure out the name of that song too, to no avail. I checked the Bunim/Murray site, but they don't have the music up from Key West yet. Grrr...

03-05-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Try and catch the rerun and check out the credits.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I dunno Vols..... nowadays they squish and scrunch up the credits into a teensy space on the left of the screen where you can't read them anymore, and scroll them up so fast, it's a blur going by, so they can advertise another show on 90% of the screen.
I hate it when they do that, especially on shows I would like to know the names of the cast of characters.

Go to MTV at this site. OK.... then click on 'community' and go to their chat room, it says most questions are answered there!

bearzie626 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bearzie626 Click to send private message to bearzie626 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
I agree, batts, squished is right. That might work for somebody who recorded the episode that could pause it & attempt to read it. Thanks for the advice.

I had thought of going to MTV Message Boards and had a problem getting on there with Internet Explorer. That is how I ended up here. Since then, I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox & successfully accessed the MTV RW Board.

I believe I figured out the song/artist, but have not been able to confirm. It might be Corey Crowder - The Road Less Traveled

See below for details of the post on MTV's board...

(From salsagirl99):

RE: Music from the 1st episode
The only song I know is the one that played when John and Svetlana were on the couch. It's an older song by Corey Crowder called The Road Less Traveled. Another one of his songs, Here's Looking at You Kid, was featured on the season finale of Real World Austin. It was the one playing in the background when Danny and Mel were leaving at the airport.

You can pick up one of his cds at coreycrowder.net or stream some stuff online at purevolume.com/coreycrowder or myspace.com/coreycrowder.

Sorry I don't know any of the other ones!

Hope this helps!!

03-05-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 1 Discussion: 02-28-06"
Batts, I went back and checked my tape (tpaed it because of the summary) and my timer cut the tape off before all the credits rolled.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •