The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Don't kill the messenger here but my online TV Guide says that Beth continues to cause problems with her teammates. Kina also gets upset...let's see how this pans out.

Chat it up here...

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... nazpink 02-27-06 1
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... volsfan 02-28-06 2
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... nazpink 02-28-06 3
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... Sonya 02-28-06 4
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... volsfan 02-28-06 5
               RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... nazpink 02-28-06 6
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... Sonya 02-28-06 7
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... Elaine0 03-01-06 8
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... Sonya 03-01-06 9
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... Elaine0 03-02-06 10
               RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... montanagirl 03-06-06 12
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discus... brvnkrz 03-02-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-27-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Ugh. Beth, Beth, Beth, why cave into your teammates opinions of you? Honestly, I felt she could have done so much better during the challenge, but I think she allowed the attitudes of some of the veterans to get to her. And then to give up and not even try to go in the gauntlet made everything they say much worse. In my opinion she shouldn't have validated their opinions by giving up. I know I'm the only one that seems to see more into the Beth situation, but I will agree that she gave up and didn't try but I still won't agree that she didn't try before. Beth feeling bad to the point of crying just proves what I said to be right, that she did try to help out in the challenges and the team always going against her was petty.

Well, the Veterans got their wish and Beth is gone so we will see if they progress. I don't think they will do any better or any worse than what they were doing before.

Oh, and talk about a poor team captain, what was up with Kina saying she was so pi ssed she wished the gauntlet was right there? Was she referring to her own performance or was she referring to the performances of others? I'm so over Kina and I wouldn't have minded to see her go.

Then we get a preview to next weeks show and a comment made by Jillian that it was all fine and dandy if Alton and Jody hooked up as long as it didn't affect the team. Well, how would their hooking up affect the team any more than Kina and Randy?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-28-06, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Beth feeling bad to the point of crying just proves what I said to be right, that she did try to help out in the challenges and the team always going against her was petty.

You can say what you want about Beth and I can disagree till the cows come home but I am sorry...I don't see the connection between Beth crying and trying on the challenges. She was crying because NO ONE likes her. When you have someone like Julie comforting you...you don't have much!

02-28-06, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I really don't think Beth cared that no one liked her I think it bothered her that no matter what she did she couldn't be seen as part of the team. Last Guantlet Tonya threw Beth's clothes in the pool, some which were expensive, and no tears there. In fact, Beth seemed to walk away from that season not giving a sh!t. I don't care who disagrees with me but bullying is bullying and I think it's pathetic that a group of people who are older than I am (I'm 23) can't put aside their differences for the sake of winning money. No one is going to like everyone. Sometimes, maturity means putting aside petty differences for the sake of the overall importance, but then again why would I expect any level of maturity out of people who define their lives by drinking, hooking up, and fighting.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I'm glad to see Beth gone,but don't really think the veterans have any real strong female leaders at all. Most of the women on the veterans side are pretty weak. If people didn't like me I would try 10 times harder at challenges to regain their respect. Beth didn't try at challenges which showed me she really didn't care what othe people thought and didn't care about the team either. The team did try to encourage her and root her on during challenges.

Julie is my next pick on person. Is she two faced or what? I mean she talked crap about Beth then would go comfort her. Then she walks Beth out and comforts her, then turns around at the end with the big group cheering she is gone. What is up with that? That makes me question Julie's character.

02-28-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I see Beth as someone that picks her fights wisely. Beth walked away from the previously gauntlet because she knew Tonya would kick her arse the same way Aneesa would have in the gauntlet last night. Beth knows when she has been had and she backed down...she is a coward. IMHO.

02-28-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Beth was a coward during last night's guantlet. Regardless if Aneesa would have owned her butt or not she should have still stood her ground. It was disappointing.

I too questioned Julie's character. One minute she's bashing on Beth and the next she's comforting her. I know that Julie is pretty competitive and gets frustrated with most anyone who does poorly in challenges so that could be one possible explanation for her complaining. But last night she acted like she was advocating for Beth to stay because she was saying how Beth is broke and wants the money as bad as they did and would work hard for it. Julie did look uncomfortable with the closing of last night's show when the veterans grouped together to say thanks for nothing Beth. So, my thoughts on Julie is she's like all the others and is a backstabber or she goes along with the group even if she disagrees because she's too chicken to voice an opinion of her own.

Good luck to the Veteran team though because I agree with the rest of you who say that they really do not have any strong female players, with the exception of Julie who I think is just about as good as some of the male players on her team. But that's still alot of people to carry on challenges.

As for the Rookies, I think they have decent enough dynamics to work together although I'm wondering if Jillian is going to become the trouble maker of the group.

Right now I would have to say that the person who irks me the most is David. I never really could stand the guy even on his season of RW. He always seemed to be dramatic and run his mouth.

02-28-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I think Jillian insegated (however you spell it) with the whole Kara and Suzie thing. I don't trust her. I think she will be a big drama queen if anything more develops between Jodi and Alton.

Did you notice MJ has his hair out of the ponytail last night? He still needs a haircut. I thought Suzie did real well for the rooky girls.

I would love to see the veterans do well, but some of them just aren't in shape like the rookies.

Do you think Mark and Robin will eventually get together for good? It seems like she has really quieten down some since RW.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-01-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I am so glad Beth is finally gone. I don't hate her like many others, but she is annoying and that horrible laugh of hers makes me cringe. I'm just tired of the Veterans portion of the show always being about her. Have we seen anything with the Veterans that was not about Beth? The only thing I can remember is the Robin/Jodi/Mark 3some. I keep forgetting Katie is even there and that's saying a lot, since I can't stand her. Maybe we can see more of the others now that Beth is gone.

These women sure like to quit, don't they? But I think I'd back out too if I had to get oiled up and wrestle with Aneesa.

I'm not yet hating Kina, but not liking her as much as I did. What was with the comment when she was wishing the gauntlet was right there? Did she want to fight herself? I think she was the only one that screwed up at that point. She snaps so easily. I'm liking Alton. He's been pretty easy going.

They can trash Jodi all they want about her sleeping around, but she's been very good in the challenges.

Did anyone watch Overdrive with Beth? Geez, I hope that's the last I see of her in a long time.

03-01-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I missed overdrive. What did she say?

I agree that Jodi is an excellent player. I will never down her for that. She has sleep around a little, but who hasn't?

Hopefully your wish will come true and we can see more of the veterans now since Beth is gone.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-02-06, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
I missed overdrive. What did she say?

Beth was just being Beth. Trashing everyone one, giggling, acting like she's the best player ever. Just being her normal annoying self.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
"Julie did look uncomfortable with the closing of last night's show when the veterans grouped together to say thanks for nothing Beth."

On the very end of Overdrive, they played this again - along with all of the individual comments on "What's the best thing about Beth being gone..."

Julie was in with the group, but didn't actually say "Thanks for Nothing". And in the individual comments...she didn't rib Beth...she said she'd miss Beth because Beth had the only hairdryer or something like that. And then you could here someone (production, maybe?) say Come on Julie, Step Up...

And did you see the look on Julie's face when they were out on the balcony talking Beth and Beth came out and nailed them? Julie looked mortified.

I think Julie is trying to be a 'good person' by not bashing, while not standing out as a hard core Beth supporter.

As much as I enjoyed Beth and the turmoil that went along with it this season, I'm glad the focus can now move to the rest of her team.

And I have to say - KINA!! UGH!! I would take Beth back in a heartbeat just to see you sent home!!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: 02/27/06 Discussion"
Just came to say that I am sooooo glad that Beth is gone. She doesn't even create drama that's fun to watch. Don't let the door hit ya, Beth. You can't tell me she didn't quit out of fear. What a chickensh!t.

An awesome Arkie siggie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •