The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
The drama continues...doesn't it always? Let's chat about it here. It is a guy's challenge and wonder who goes home next?

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... nazpink 02-20-06 1
   RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... volsfan 02-21-06 2
       RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... nazpink 02-21-06 3
           RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... Sonya 02-21-06 4
               RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... rayna1 02-21-06 5
           RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... Elaine0 02-21-06 6
               RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... crazygroupiegirl 02-21-06 7
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... Sonya 02-21-06 8
               RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... volsfan 02-21-06 9
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... Sonya 02-22-06 10
                       RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... nazpink 02-22-06 11
                           RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... volsfan 02-22-06 12
                               RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... nazpink 02-23-06 13
                                   RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... I need to SO 02-23-06 14
                                   RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... volsfan 02-23-06 15
                                       RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... nazpink 02-23-06 16
                                       RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... Elaine0 02-24-06 17
                                           RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-... volsfan 02-24-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
After tonight's episode I can't help but to once again come to Beth's defense, even more so than before. I know some of you may be growing tired of this as it's obvious that Beth is such a b!tch and most wonder why would anyone in their right mind want to defend someone of her nature, but what it all comes down to is the fact that Beth is a human being and no human being deserves to be bullied even if they have a past of being a difficult person.

What really bothered me tonight was the ridiculous spite coming from the mouths of some of the veterans because Beth was unable to make it through the tires. I couldn't believe it when David actually said that Beth threw yet another challenge and further went on to actually say that it was her fault for their loss at the rope challenge where they had to depend on their partners weight to make it across. From what I have seen, Beth has put in alot of effort into being an asset for her team and has proven herself to be one of the stronger females on her team. Not only has she given alot of effort during female gauntlets but she has done just as well during male gauntlets. So what she has come across a couple of challenges that she just wasn't good at. Where was the hissy fit when Robin decided to walk most of her way around the track during the pulling challenge? And by the way David your whole team lost that challenge as none of you were capable of making it across with your partners, in fact you made it no further than Beth and Timmy.

In my opinion, this whole talk of Beth can't expect respect she has to earn it is absolute crap. If trying your best at challenges and being one of the strongest females on the team hasn't gotten a tad bit of their respect than nothing she does is going to get it from them. Beth has also proven herself to be a bit more tame and civilized than she has in the past. Yes, she hasn't been completely perfect and has talked some crap about people but who on this show really hasn't. Bullying is bullying and it's wrong, even if it's towards someone with a b!tchy reputation.

As far as the rest of the show, well it was uneventful. The only thing that I could find to comment on was the absolute crap coming from David's mouth, but then again he really seems to have a niche for drama and a bad case of diarhea of the mouth.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-21-06, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
As I have said before, the deal with Beth goes way back and not just to this show. Beth is/has been more of the bully and EVERYTHING HAS to go her way or else long before this season started.

I am sorry but I disagree with everything you have said. I didn't post last night as to my true feelings about Beth (after her inability to perform the task at hand) because I knew one way or the other you would try and cast a great light on the wonderful Beth.

I haven't liked Beth for years and she isn't doing ANYTHING to make me think any differently.

02-21-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I am not denying that she has been perfect during this Gauntlet or during any past games, but isn't that in the past? It's not like these people have always been the best of friends. Many of them have had their tiffs and such and have gotten over it. I'm not saying that they have to like her but for the sake of the team and winning the money I would think that they would put aside their differences for two seconds to concentrate on the task at hand. Who cares if they like her or not, what should matter most is her performance and messing up a couple of times doesn't give them the right to scream sabotage. I especially didn't think it gave David the right to make these accusations when he as well as a few other men were willing to make an alliance with some of the rookie woman to throw challenges, which he admited there had been talk of those plans in one of his confessionals.

The point is these people are so immature that they need to have someone who is the black sheep. Last season it was Tanya who yes had her messed up moments but the type of harassment she went through was ridiculous. Once Beth is gone I am sure we will see someone else get thrown into her place.

Drama this season has been very minimal, which is actually a surprise. I am sure if Beth was doing more b!tchy things other than saying her team is a bunch of a holes we would be seeing it, so in my opinion she must be more tame this season then in past.

And I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me. I am not a Beth fan so it doesn't hurt my feelings that no one sees my opinion as something they can somewhat agree with or at least understand where it comes from. I just like to look at things from an angle that isn't always seen by a majority of people.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-21-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I don't think the verterans really have any strong women. I think of the women they have excel at some things and do worse at others. I mean Robin can't run, Beth doesn't do heights, etc, etc. Maybe Julie would be their strongest, but I don't know. Sounds like Annessa gets real pissed at Beth next week. I agree Beth is human and can't do everything perfect. I don't think she is a good leader though. I mean she stepped up and got the position on her own, but doesn't seem like she helps out team moral whatsoever. If nothing else she hurts team moral. You have to have a good moral and teamwork to be a real team.

I have a new ##### on this. MJ. He was actually perdy hot in Real World. What has happed to him? He looks so grungy. If I hadn't seen him in Real World I would think he was dirty and yucky now. What do you think?

rayna1 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-21-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rayna1 Click to send private message to rayna1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I totally agree with you about MJ! The rat-tail pony and goatee have got to go!!!

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-21-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
People started in with the Beth complaints as soon as she walked in the door. Nobody seemed to give her a chance. But did she deserve another chance?

These people have known each other for years and are like a huge dysfunctional family. Many families have one person that you can never count on and always stirs up trouble. For a long time, that has been Beth. Now I remember Beth from the old days on Real World. Nobody seemed to like her then. But I didn't start watching the challenges until the last couple of years and did not see all that Beth has done in the past.

Did they give her a few chances? I don't know. But I'm guessing, like that one family member, they got tired of her always causing trouble and just gave up on her. It seems at this point Beth would have to do quite a bit to redeem herself. Winning a few challenges won't do it. But I'm not so sure Beth doesn't like being the outcast. If she putting on a brave front? My guess is she's just evil. Beth doesn't annoy me as much as Veronica and Rachel do, but I am so tired of hearing about her every week. The only thing we ever hear from the Veterans is Beth and everyone else complaining about her.

Speaking of Tonya, I thought it was so mean how those other witches ganged up on her last season. But I don't think everyone has a problem with Tonya like they do with Beth. We'll see on the next challenge when Rachel and Veronica aren't around. Her and Coral get along, don't they?

Can someone tell me if Julie was once the outcast? For some reason I keep confusing her with Beth. Julie seems like a good competitor. Was she always that way? Is she liked by the others? She is the one that tried to unhook Veronica on the one challenge, right? I think that's the first challenge I watched. Gotta love her for that.

crazygroupiegirl 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-21-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazygroupiegirl Click to send private message to crazygroupiegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I loved the comment David made about Beth calling her "Bethasaurus." I miss Syrus. He always had some funny sayings. Beth always has the damn smirk on her face like she is up to something.

02-21-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Rayna - 1 word - AGREE

02-21-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I liked the way you put it with Beth and the family member that is the outcast. That is exactly how I see it too...the fact that she has done well with a couple of challenges has nothing to do with the way the others treat her. As I have said before...it is all about the baggage she carries around.

Tonya is like this as well. She has more baggage that will not allow her to be apart of the "in" crowd and Beth is the same way. IMHO.

02-22-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Vols, what is your take on MJ's appearance now?

02-22-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
I agree with what you are saying as far as Beth's personality and the others having a relationship with her on a personal level, the one thing I just don't get with the veterans is what they have been saying about what she can do to gain respect. Several times the guys have refered to Beth gaining respect as far as her performance during challenges but then when she does come through they still don't give her a lil. The way I see it is respect works both ways. If they want respect from Beth they have to give a little too, if they do that and she still acts like a b!tch then yes they have every right to bash.

As far as MJ's appearance I completely agree. On his season of RW he was somewhat cute and clean shaven but now he looks ratty and dirty. Some guys can pull this look off but MJ clearly cannot.

I also like Landon a bit more. On his season of RW he was an out of control drunk but he seems to be keeping the psychotic moments under control.

02-22-06, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
The way I see it is respect works both ways.

Exactly! These peeps have given her respect so many times that they are not going to hand it out until she proves herself beyond a shadow of a doubt. The way I see it...it isn't them giving her respect as much as it is her giving them respect. SHE DOESN'T!

I don't like the new MJ look. YUCK!

02-23-06, 00:27 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Ahhh Vols, I agree to disagree....lol, is it sick or is it ok that I like it you don't agree, makes it all more fun, imo.

But hey we do agree on the whole MJ look....lol.

I need to SO 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-23-06, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I%20need%20to%20SO Click to send private message to I%20need%20to%20SO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Who ended up going home?

02-23-06, 06:40 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
So, you think Beth gives respect to everyone else that is there?

02-23-06, 10:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Well, as far as not sabotaging the team during challenges, I feel that's being respectful of the team. As far as on a personal level, probably not. But I heard once that even if someone is difficult and a complete jerk if you want them to see the light and respect you then you have to give them respect as well, because if you don't then it will end up being a never ending battle and nothing will be accomplished. It really wouldn't hurt for the veterans to give a little as far as not accussing her of sabotaging when she messes up. If they do give a little and she continues to act b!tchy then they did the mature thing and have every right to cut her off of the team or whatever they choose. My point is more coming from a team basis opposed to a social/personal basis. Plus, I don't think it's right that some of the veteran guys who were willing to make an alliance with some of the rookie girls to sabotage their team have any right to make the comments they do, it's hypocritical. Honestly, the Beth bashing was at a very low level in the beginning and then it seemed to really heighten with the men when the whole alliance thing seemed to come out, maybe they are using it as a deversion to their guilt? Or just a coincidence.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-24-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Hey Vols, wasn't it Beth during the last challenge that caused her team to lose when they had to catch money falling from the sky?

02-24-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Gauntlet 2; Episode 12: 02-20-06"
Yes, that was Beth.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •