The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Let's chat about it here. What happens tonight and who goes home?

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Fishercat 01-23-06 1
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... arkiegrl 01-23-06 2
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Fishercat 01-23-06 4
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Fishercat 01-23-06 3
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... volsfan 01-23-06 5
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... flipxcyd 01-23-06 6
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... nazpink 01-24-06 7
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... volsfan 01-24-06 8
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Sonya 01-24-06 9
               RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... DaveThe Dude 01-24-06 10
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... volsfan 01-24-06 11
                       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... DaveThe Dude 01-24-06 12
 RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Elaine0 01-25-06 13
   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... nazpink 01-25-06 14
       RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... Elaine0 01-25-06 15
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... caraaddison 01-26-06 16
           RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... brvnkrz 01-29-06 18
               RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... arkiegrl 01-29-06 19
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/2... volsfan 01-29-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-23-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-06 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

The Rookies got so lucky that

A) The shoddy construction of the veteran's boulder/the strength used to push the boulder caused it to fall apart

and

B) Ace proves (once again) that he is horrible in general at these challenges. If you are going to say that you can take that responsiblity, do it right.

I wonder if the Cara/Susie thing is true or not. Although to me, it makes no sense. It's one thing to have a voting bloc, it's another to throw challenges. They have no incentive to throw. Less money + chance of being in gauntlet?

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Even *I* know to push the clutch in and hold it.

01-23-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Ace clearly blanked there.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

01-23-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Ace was vanquished in a Captain's Choice turned Beach Brawl (Sumo Wrestling in the Sand), but he put up a fight, lost 3-1. Good gauntlet, not much changed.

01-23-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Ace sucks in these challenges!

Cara sucks too!

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-23-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
What happened in the last couple of minutes of the show? The last thing I see is Susie crying after being accused of being in an alliance.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Ok, I don't drive a standard, nor will I ever, too much stuff one has to do, but my boyfriend drives a standard with ease and so I will write about what he said on the whole Ace issue. Normally, my boyfriend does not watch this show but last night he did and he said that there was no reason for Ace to push on the clutch when the vehicle was in neutral, I guess it's not necessary, therefore the car should have moved. My boyfriend also said that if he had a vehicle in neutral and it wasn't moving then the first thing he would check is to see if the emergancy break is on and if not then something is up. Like I said I have never driving a standard and I'm completely relying on what my boyfriend said. I don't know if maybe the vehicle still needed to have the clutch pressed down while in neutral because of the fact that it was being pushed opposed to driven especially with the weight it was carrying, I don't know. I still feel bad for Ace that he actually was doing what is typical of a standard vehicle and it went wrong and ended up blowing up in his face.

About the whole Cara and Susie "alliance", well they didn't really cover what was said between those two and Jillian they only showed them sitting and talking but took out the audio and put in Jillian talking about them wanting her to join an alliance. It was funny because at the end I guess Cara had said in her confessional that she didn't wondered how the other knew about it. I don't know if she was saying that in yes it's true but how did they find out or if she was saying it in the that's not true and why do they think it way. I guess the "alliance" of having something with a few veteran men could work if they agreed to share their money that way if their team doesn't win they still get something, but it's awful shady and trying to draw others in on it is too risky considering no one there can keep their mouths closed about anything.

01-24-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
I have driven straight shifts ever since I was able to drive...23 years! If the vehicle is in neutral usually the clutch doesn't have to be pushed. However, if four people were trying to push the thing and it didn't move there would be two things I checked first...the emergency brake and then the clutch. I would checked those things immediately.

I think Ace completely blanked.

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-24-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
I drive a standard and totally agree with Vols!

Anyway, I think last night was a good show. I think Beth really stepped up as a captain even though it was a guy's gauntlet. She may change her impression of her. I doubt it, but she might. Derrick is a strong competitor. Ace has a great personality, but that is about it for him.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Yup, Ace seems like a great guy, and as they said he was their "social Chairman," but at these challenges he generally blows.

What's with this nonsensical alliance crap? Was this thrown in by the producers to artificially create some wort of drama and tension? Ugh!

01-24-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
I don't know where it came from but if cameras are following them around all the time how do they miss most things interesting...like when "I'm gonna sue this island" girl started going off. We didn't get to see the beginning of that and did we see the beginning of the argument with Mark? I can't remember but it seems they miss the beginning of stuff.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Yes, very interesting. How DO they miss so much if they have cameras up everyone's gazoo 24-7?

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-25-06, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
The guys in the alliance were Brad, David and who else? I figured Kina was going to tell Derrick about it. Yes he's on the other team, but I thought they were friends from their RR season and Derrick would have stirred it up, especially with Brad. I can see Brad having an alliance since he was ticked off on BOTS2 when he was kicked off because the others were friends.

Didn't they say near the end or in the previews that Cara was asking Susie and Jillian to join the alliance? I took it that Cara asked Susie and then Jillian came along and she asked her too. Meaning that Cara was in the alliance and Susie was still thinking about it. I can't see Jillian making up the whole thing, so I would guess there was some truth to it.

So were they going to throw a challenge on their same sex day or the opposite sex day? Whatever they did, how was that going to guarantee the girls stay until the end since the captain picks who goes to the guantlet on the Rookies team?

If the girls throw the female challenges, then they have a better chance of going to the guantlet. If they throw the male challenges, then they are left with more females on their team against the other team with more males and therefore a lower chance of winning in the end. Cara and Susie don't seem that strong. Jillian is pretty athletic, but is tiny.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
The woman were supposed to throw the men's challenges and the men were supposed to throw the female's challenges. I honestly don't see how this really helps in the end but like I said in another post maybe they all agreed that whoever's team wins then they will share the money. I guess it could work that way if they can make it so one side of the alliance makes it to the end. Still too much of a risk, better to just get along well with everyone and give it your all to benefit the team so they will want you to stay.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-25-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
I watched Overdrive and Susie says Brad approached them with a deal. She says they didn't go along with it because they realized they'd end up with a team of mostly woman against a team of mostly men. Maybe they told Brad they were going along with the deal so they would still try to get rid of their men. Someone should tell Derrick if only to create problems on the Vererans team.

Susie said Jillian was playing both sides. She would complain to her and Cara about Kina and Ibis and then talk about them to Kina and the others.

Susie also said Beth liked to walk around the house naked and she had a big birthmark on her butt. Picturing that should ruin everyone's dinner.

caraaddison 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caraaddison Click to send private message to caraaddison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
On the overdrive on the MTV aftershow with Susie the guy mentioned she had a family to support and I noticed she was wearing a wedding ring. Does anyone know who she married? Does she have a website?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
Yuck. Thanks for that visual, Elaine. Not the birthmark but the mental image of naked Beth.

I'm still confused about the whole alliance thing.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
You know you think she's hot.

01-29-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Gauntlet 2: Episode 8; 01/23/06"
I think I just threw-up a little!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •