The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-24-05, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
Remember when you were in school, and you had a substitute teacher? And how your regular teacher would always leave piles of busy work to keep you from burning down the school? That’s where we begin on The Real World this week. The specter of Danny’s mother’s death is still hovering over the house, so the drama – at least the fun sort of drama – is still officially on hold.

The busy work this week? The cast will make video “getting-to-know-you” portraits of one another.

Wait. Didn’t we already “meet” these people weeks ago? Well, it’s time to do it again. Mel likes to dance on the bed. Rachel idolizes her great aunt. Lacey somehow thinks being filmed in a closet makes her gay. Didn’t Harry Potter sleep in a closet or something? Huh? Oh yeah. Mind’s wandering from a little boredom. Back to the show. Wes reminds us once again that he is a worthless waste of flesh and organs, preferring to sleep until the evening and only here for the parties.

Yes, work seems to be taking quite the central role in this episode. The housemates try their hands at Avid editing. It’s really not difficult, but I remember several people having trouble with it in college. I remember this one girl who did her project, and when it was time to show them in class… What? Sorry. I lost my train of thought again.. Get me a drunken night on the town, stat!

Wait! Mel’s friend Marcel is calling. Surely a friend of a wanton, uh, sweetheart like Mel will have some sort of debauchery in mind. No, wait…Marcel is just our red herring. It was at this moment Mel realized: Danny’s back.

Hugs galore for our dear Danny, even from Wes who, not surprisingly, is in bed (and even less surprisingly, is in bed alone). Danny tries to get back into the swing of things but is intimidated by the editing equipment. And Wes is still in bed.

Speaking of Wes, he should be a grief counselor. He wants to take Danny out drinking sans the girls prior to his inevitable role in the hay with Mel. Yup, drinking is the best way to solve any problem like that, I hear. My problems with watching this show, at least. He proceeds to give Danny relationship advice. Should Danny go out and see what sort of flora and fauna lurks within the Austin bars besides Melinda? After all, Wes reminds him, he could be meeting the girl he’s going to marry tonight. Then again, Danny counters, Mel could be the girl he’s going to marry. He shivers. So do I.

The alcohol starts flowing and Danny gives Mel the cold shoulder for the evening, which the girls think is kind of rude. Mel hovers over him trying to “make things work,” but he doesn’t look that interested. Give the dude a break, Mel. It wouldn’t hurt you to take a back seat for a while as he sorts things out. And take Wes with you.

Mel and the girls decide to go somewhere else. She and Johanna communicate through the common language of tequila, although Rachel’s not interested in the conversation. But it doesn’t work, as she’s quickly back to hovering around him, begging to know what’s going on.

Johanna’s tequila encourages her to get in a shouting match with Wes. Mel, meanwhile, has passed out, and Danny’s worried about her. She pukes in the toilet a few times but ultimately gets what she wants. Danny’s paying attention to her again. That’s the moral for the day, girls. If you’re having problems with your man, get plastered. Then he’ll care about you. And by next week, everyone’s yelling at each other again.

Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all life’s problems.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... motormouth 08-24-05 1
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... volsfan 08-24-05 2
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... batts 08-25-05 3
   RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 08-25-05 4
       RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... uglier than sarah w 08-25-05 5
           RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 08-26-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-24-05, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
"Wes who, not surprisingly, is in bed (and even less surprisingly, is in bed alone)."

LMAO! Loved it Libra, great job!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
Great job LR! Also, Is Marcel still on hold?

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-25-05, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-05 AT 05:02 AM (EST)

Lacey somehow thinks
>being filmed in a closet
>makes her gay. Didn’t Harry
>Potter sleep in a closet
>or something? Huh? Oh yeah.
Yaa, I think he stayed in a closet, under the stairs, like the pet dragon 'Spot' on the 'Munsters' LOL

>Wait! Mel’s friend Marcel is calling.
>Surely a friend of a
>wanton, uh, sweetheart like Mel
>will have some sort of
>debauchery in mind. No, wait…Marcel
>is just our red herring.
>It was at this moment
>Mel realized: Danny’s back.
I found it pretty funny, that Mel seemed to be making a 'date' with that guy since Danny wasn't around.

Great Summary Libra! Better than the show!

edited cause I can't spell

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-25-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
So Wes admits that he stays in bed almost every day until 7:00pm, then gets up and the only thing he does is party all night. I thought these guys were supposed to be "working" on their project? As for Wes, I suppose if you have no brains there is no reason to crawl out of bed to try to use something you don't have. What a waste.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-25-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
Awesome. I missed this episode this week, but now feel like I'm up to speed. Thanks so much!

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-26-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 10: Jose Cuervo to the rescue!"
Question: Was Mel actually making a "booty call" to her buddy when Danny came back to the house? I wonder.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •