The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-05 AT 07:49 PM (EST)

Well, it starts out as a happy day for the seven roomies! After all.... its Valentines Day! Danny sets out on a quest to make sure everything goes as planned for this 'lovers day' in the Paradise that is Austin! He has made reservations at the 'Oasis', a huge restaurant overlooking Lake Travis, and Hippie Hollow, and sets out to make sure his dear Melinda has plenty of roses for this special day he has planned.
Rachel, and the others are talking about what a great day this is when Danny's dad calls, and leaves a message for Danny to be sure and call today.
The girls are laughing & joking about their plans for the day. Rachel says "What a happy Valentines Day this is ending up being!" The doorbell rings..... and the girls are all exited about what it could be on this special day. Could it be more melted Ice Mess? No.... "its Wine and Flowers for Joey" Our Lovely little Leo has sent Johanna suds and scents.
Meanwhile, Danny and Nehemiah set out on a quest for flowers for Melinda. Everything must go according to plan today, so money is no problem. After all, he just spent $99 on reservations at the 'Oasis', $50 on a new tie, and who knows what on cab rides, not to mention his new purty face implants, whats 19.99 on a dozen roses? After the flower shop bundles up his roses for him, the florist announces the price of the smelly purties....... $112.58! "Um, What, didnt the sign outside say a dozen roses were 19.99?" ..... "Oh these are Long-Stem roses!" "Dont you know the difference dummy?" ....
Just a little side-note....... I dont think Danny knew the difference, but he just didnt want to let ON he didnt know! Now he's just about had enough of people abusing him, and decides to drop kick that florists @§§ over I-35! Nehemiah talks him out of it though, and convinces Danny that everything else will go smoothly today, his special day, on Valentines day with his lil blonde sweetheart! As they leave the florist shop, the shopkeeper gleefully wishes Danny a heartfelt "Happy Valentines Day!"
Leaving the florist, Danny and Nehemiah ponder the events so far that day. Danny has unwittingly spent around 300 buckaroos, and it hasnt ended! "Where's my cab?" ..... ummmm, can they afford a cab at this point? They HAVE to. No ifs, ands, or butts about it, they must get back to the house on time, with these wilting flowers, so he can get ready for his Valentine's excursion with Melinda, to the 'Oasis'..... so everything will go as planned.
Once back to the house, Danny delivers his 'lesson learned' roses to Melinda, who, by the way, just woke up!

This is where Danny's day REALLY starts taking a turn. And I dont mean for the better...... He gets the message to return a call to his dad, who informs him "I got some bad news. Your mom died, she died this morning."
At this point, Danny is not hearing the words coming out of his dad's mouth. His mind is still reeling on those flowers he just shelled out $112.58 for, 50 bucks for a tie, 60 bucks for a cab, and his wore out feet.
"What?" Danny asks. His dad repeats what he said. Danny cannot accept this overflow of information. Who could?

At this point, in this episode, Danny's little 'real world' is turned upside down. Lots of thoughts go through his head in the seconds that follow. "Tell me your joking, dad. Dad, don't play, don't play me dad....... Dad...... you're lyin!" His dad guarantees him he is not lying.
Danny breaks down on the phone, and tells his dad he will call him back. Looking for support, he finds Nehemiah, who gives him his shoulder. Danny collapses on Nehemiah, and tells him "My mom died."
The only words that can describe Danny's state at this point is emotionally uncontrolled, but who wouldnt be? He just found out his mother died, that morning, when he was drunk. Thoughts of unresolved issues with his mom flood his head. The last conversation with his mom was four days earlier, that didnt seem to go so well.
Danny calls his sister (Kristin)
Danny: "I hate this place."
Kristin: "Why"
Danny: "I shoulda been home."
Kristin: "That has nuthin to do with it. She was so happy you were down there. She wouldnt want you anywhere else, you know that."
Danny: "I didnt even get to say goodbye!"

Danny goes on to tell his sister that he is coming home, and will be there as soon as he can.
As he slowly pulls himself together, he tells Melinda he's sorry Valentines day was ruined. And with the next conversation he has with Melinda, he lets himself be a little more transparent about his mentality towards his mother. He confesses "I failed her!"
...... Now keep in mind, this is a son, who thinks he has 'failed', and blames himself for the unresolved situations with a parent. The next statement he makes confirms this.
"I talk all the time about not having regrets.... regrets is the worst thing in the world. Now look what I have to live with! I will never forgive myself!"
How can a son..... who is barely 21 years old, blame himself for unresolved issues with a parent, who is SUPPOSED TO BE THE MATURE ONE? Didnt we hear that she had issues with drug dependency, and alcoholism?
Can any of us say we've learned a lesson from this today? To me.... this is the saddest part. That the child in a family with problems is blaming himself for unresolved issues? I am really hoping he grows through this and doesnt let it affect the rest of his life, because that! is an easy thing to fall into. Forgive himself? For what?
Poor Danny. Could anything else go wrong in such a short period of time? In just the 2 weeks he's been in 'Austin', he's had so much happen to him, he must think its the city. If it were me, I might wonder if this city that I'm in, is cursed. If it were me, I would probably leave, and not bother coming back.
And guess what...... he might just not come back!
Melinda starts to realize this when she says goodbye to him at the airport, and starts to cry saying:
"I hope and pray, he will come back...." well, guess what.... I got news....
... I wouldnt. ... nope ... would you?

Find out next week on.... The Real World, Austin!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... volsfan 08-04-05 1
   RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... ginger 08-04-05 2
       RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... volsfan 08-04-05 3
           RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... motormouth 08-04-05 4
               RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 08-04-05 5
                   RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... Tahj 08-05-05 10
           RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... michaeldh8 08-04-05 6
               RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... volsfan 08-04-05 7
 Thanks all! batts 08-04-05 8
   RE: Thanks all! DaveThe Dude 08-04-05 9
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... Tahj 08-05-05 11
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... LibraRising 08-05-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
Great job batts with a really difficult episode. It is so hard to be snarky when something like this happens. You know...I usually don't let things like this get to me but all day yesterday all I could think about was the fact that Danny was blaming himself for the unresolved issues. You are right...it seems like the most mature person in the family is the kid!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
I was just thinking how difficult this summary would be to handle. Batts did a fine job.

BTW, I'm not exactly watching this season, just kind of auditing it via this forum ... was Danny's mom sick, or was this an accident, or?

08-04-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
A sudden heart attack. The woman had to be relatively young for Danny to be in his early twenties. No?

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-04-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
I thought the same thing vols, but she actually sounded old, or frail, to me when on the phone to Danny.

Great job Batts! Loved it!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
If you all remember, Danny said that he and the father left the mother because she had SERIOUS problems with drugs and alcohol. I would assume that she probably continued with the problems and was living in some very small apartment. There is always the strong chance that she drug and drank herself to bodily exhaustion. When her body finally gave out, her heart failure was the result. I bet that's what happened.

I hope Dan gets over his grief. I believe he finally will. What bothers me is that he is, like Batts pointed out, blaming himself for some or maybe even all of the mother's problems. It is obvious he thinks he could have saved her. Well, believe me, dealing with a drunk or a drug addict can be an extremely frustrating experience because you can rarely help those who don't want to be helped. It sounds like the mother chose her bad habits over her family. If Danny continues to blame himself for this, he is in for many years of major head problems. What do you other people think?

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-05-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
I agree. He shouldn't blame himself and hopefully his family can help him with that.

Moves courtesy of Syren

michaeldh8 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michaeldh8 Click to send private message to michaeldh8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
She was born in 1960, so she was 44 or 45.

08-04-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
OMG! She is young. Where did you find the info?

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Thanks all!"
Thanks to all for reading my sumry!

Hope my sumry wasnt as long and drawn out as last time. I'm kicking myself for leaving out my 'signature' statement. I woulda added it to the florist part. Darnit Darnit Darnit...

Yeah Dave, you're right. People addicted to alcohol and drugs wont change until they want to! I think its the saddest part of the whole episode, that Danny has 'unforgivable regrets'...

Who will fill Danny's shoes at the house, if he doesnt come back? What will the new guy be like! Will the new roomie be as purty as Danny? Will Melinda like the new guy, who replaces Danny? Or.... will Danny come back?
Also, is there some kind of curse on this season, cause this aint all that happens.....

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thanks all!"
Ok Mr. Super Snoop Batts, don't give away any secrets!

I hope Danny goes back to Austin. After all, what on earth will Mell do without him? Oh that's right, she'll go off to bars and pull her clothes off in a drunken stupor. How silly of me to forget....

So the season might be cursed, eh? Well, drama is one thing, but death is another. I just hope no one else dies this season! Goodness, I hope no one drinks themselves to death. At this rate, there seems to be that possibility!

More wine!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-05-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
Great Job Batts!

I haven't heard any spoilers and I'm betting Danny will come back.

Moves courtesy of Syren

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-05-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 7: What else can go wrong?"
An excellent job with a very delicate episode.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •