The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-12-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
I can't wait to see Danny after his surgery. Let's see how it pans out.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... batts 07-13-05 1
   RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... PhoenixMons 07-13-05 2
       RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... volsfan 07-13-05 3
           A little off topic weltek 07-13-05 4
           RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... PhoenixMons 07-13-05 5
               RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... volsfan 07-13-05 6
                   RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... PhoenixMons 07-13-05 7
                       RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... DaveThe Dude 07-13-05 8
       RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... Fox41 07-14-05 10
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... Fox41 07-14-05 9
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... Glow 07-14-05 11
   RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... DaveThe Dude 07-14-05 12
       RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... volsfan 07-14-05 15
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... Fishercat 07-14-05 13
 RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... batts 07-16-05 22
   RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Dis... volsfan 07-16-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-13-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Interesting .... I think Nehemiah just used a poor choice of words. He realized it afterwards though.. which was good. I dont blame Rachel for goin off on that kind kind of remark. Nehemiah, as well as everybody needs to understand that downplaying an 'I served my country, this way' mentality, will only get this kind of response. Telling someone who has 'done their duty' that what they did was menial, senseless,and useless,.... is like telling a fireman "Well, you didnt help put out the fire, you just carried the baby out, thats all"........
Nehemiah needed to hear that. I just hope he learns that the people in the military, from day 1 of active duty, are taught to believe in something, and that something is directed at believing what they are fighting for, or whatever their duty is .... means something. If they dont think it means anything, whats the use of even trying.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-13-05, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Well, dh (who is AD Army) and I both had a good laugh at Rachel for her "deployment is worse than prison/jail" comments. I say we throw her in jail for a month and see how dandy she thinks it is! The vast majority of her deployment was probably spent playing video games and watching movies.

The worst though, was Danny's ignorant comments about the 4,000 civilians killed by 'them'. I guess he's one of the people who still believe that Iraqis and al-Qaida are one in the same. Good job showing your ignorance on national TV, Danny!

I really love Nehemiah. He probably shouldn't have told Rachel that she wasn't a 'real solder' but I gather he meant that this isn't a 'real war' where our freedoms are at stake.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the MTV casting peeps chose Nehemiah to play the 'angry brotha' role.

Got blog?

07-13-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
The vast majority of her deployment was probably spent playing video games and watching movies.

I am very surprised to see this statement from you Mons! Are you down playing the role that her and others in her position have played in the war?

Whether I agree with the war or not has nothing to do with the way I see the military and the role that every person plays. They are all important roles. Whether she was on the front lines or not isn't important to me. To me, the military is like any team event...everyone has a role, should know their role and carry out the expected role until the end. Right?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "A little off topic"
I can see where her comments come from. Nolay was in the military for many years & we have many friends that are, also. There is definitely a divide among soldiers themselves, as far as who is REALLY serving in the war. The guys on the front lines tend to roll their eyes when the guys that built barracks come home & talk about being in the Iraqi war.

My friend Brian served in the Army during the Hatian election, when civil violence was pretty bad. His friend did the dirty work of patroling and such. My friend built playgrounds for kids. There IS a difference each soldiers situation-one was definitely more in harms way & it likely took more of a toll on that person.

HOWEVER, I cannot fault anyone that serves. Some choose easier jobs, some are stuck in jobs they don't really want, but they all have to leave their friends and family & be part of a team that works to serve our country. While the cooks job might not be hard, the soldiers need him/her. But I can understand how the soldiers on the front line feel a divide between the way THEY served & the way someone else served.

07-13-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Vols, I'm not saying her role isn't important (or anyone else's for that matter), but she certainly seems as if she's exaggerating the situation (from what I gather, anyway).

I keep hearing from wives of deployed soldiers (infantry soldiers, at that) here how much down time these guys have - they get to call home almost every day and have very little (relative) imminent danger for a 'war' environment. That's just what it's like over there from what I'm hearing from most everyone who's just getting back. Granted, I don't know when Rachel was there, so maybe she was there when things were more threatening. But, from the time she first started talking about her military service, she seemed like she was using her experiences to try to garner sympathy from her housemates. That's the impression I got from what Nehemiah said as well. Maybe that's me reading too much into it, but dh thought the exact same thing, if that means anything!

Got blog?

07-13-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Oh I take what you say as important because you are closer to the situation I. I do understand what you are saying but I just wish there wasn't the divide you explain.

Wasn't Jessica Lynch a cook? I understand that people may not be on the front line but there is always danger in a country that is so violent as Iraq right now.

07-13-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
True dat

I'm not gonna touch the Lessica Lynch thing - especially since I think I've already taken us far enough off topic

Got blog?

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-13-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Ok, back to the seven overgrown rugrats, er, I mean the Real World crew. Did you see how Mel tried to make Dan feel guilty when he (very correctly) told her his concerns about her smooching other guys? I don't blame him for being upset, but then again we have to question his sanity for being involved with a girl like that in the first place. But then again, depending on which part of his body is doing the thinking..........

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-14-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
"I have a sneaking suspicion that
the MTV casting peeps chose
Nehemiah to play the 'angry
brotha' role."

I agree with you 100% on that. I'm SO glad that
Nehemiah is not perpetuating that negative black male
stereotype. I love Nehemiah. He is the grown up of
the group.

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-14-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Mel makes me SICK. She comes in from the bar drunk as hell, jumps between Danny's legs, & talks about how much she want's to do him. Couldn't she see that Danny was in PAIN? It even looked like he pushed her away a bit. That b*tch has a problem. She needs some serious therapy. I'm sick of her!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
I've missed the last two episodes. It's good to know I didn't actually miss anything.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-14-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
On the contrary! You missed lots of buffoonery, low class antics, and a twit named Mel doing a good job of "playing her part" so she can get lots of camera time. Time will tell whether this Mel character is all talk, or if she actually hops in the sack with Dan (or half of Austin) before the show concludes.

Is it my imagination, or is the neighborhood the Real World house is in a very desolate and "pedestrian unfriendly" part of town? Maybe I am looking at it incorrectly, but it appears to me to be a concrete wasteland.

07-14-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
I haven't seen batts around much this week but if I am not mistaken he once told me that the house isn't in a good neighborhood. He said there were lots of homeless and some drug stuff in that area. I dunno why MTV would do that.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-14-05, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
I love it.

Nehemiah and Danny are "arguing" about the war, Nehemiah asks Danny why they are there and he says because "they" killed 4,000 Americans on U.S. Soil.

The Nehemiah makes a comment about Rachel not being a real solider and she says he's the most ignorant person she's ever met.

Let me get this straight, and I know Nehemiah's comment was in pretty poor taste, but still, Danny says that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 without seperating Bin Laden/Al Queda from the country and Nehemiah's the "ignorant" one.

Gotcha.

I feel bad for Nehemiah in the house, since he seems like he's been misplaced in there to an extent.

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-16-05, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
Helloooooo?Ooops wait a minute.... I thot this was the AI forum for a second, cawse theyrs sew meny neww poesters latly..... Welcome!

Suddenly Seymour!.... is standing beside you!.... you dont need no makeup....no need to pretend! Suddenly Seymore...

07-16-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Real World Austin Episode 4 Discussion"
I know...they are everywhere! WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!

Also, I will have the summary up later this afternoon. I have been in Big Brother Live Feeds hell this week! Gotta watch those hampsters.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •