The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is There Anybody Out There?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-30-09, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is There Anybody Out There?"
Well, episode #3 is in the books and no one started anything for Episode #2. This is not good. What happened to all our loyal fans? Have they been incarcarated, deported, or did they merely grow up?

Sarah, the girl who was (allegedly) abused in a day care center when she was younger. She's the one who has not spoken to her father in eight (8) years. Did you hear her explanation of why she has not spoken or seen him in so long? Her "facts" seem pretty dismal to me. I think it is obvious that her devious mother has stoked the coals of hatred against her ex-husband so that her child, Sarah, hates the father for very flimsy reasons. What do you guys think?

By the way, after talking to her mother she kept saying something like "I am not a victim." Well, she certainly seems to be playing the role of a perpetual victim to me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is There Anybody Out There? batts 01-31-09 1
 RE: Is There Anybody Out There? Ahtumbreez 01-31-09 2
   RE: Is There Anybody Out There? nazpink 02-02-09 3
 RE: Is There Anybody Out There? FlowerChild 02-02-09 4
   RE: Is There Anybody Out There? DaveThe Dude 02-02-09 5
       RE: Is There Anybody Out There? SavannahPeach 02-03-09 6
           RE: Is There Anybody Out There? FlowerChild 02-04-09 7
           RE: Is There Anybody Out There? Ahtumbreez 02-04-09 8
               RE: Is There Anybody Out There? HobbsofMI 02-05-09 9
                   RE: Is There Anybody Out There? SavannahPeach 02-05-09 10
                       RE: Is There Anybody Out There? nazpink 02-11-09 11
                           RE: Is There Anybody Out There? nazpink 02-12-09 12
                               RE: Is There Anybody Out There? Angel_K 02-12-09 13
 Chirp....Chrip....Chrip..... HobbsofMI 02-20-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-31-09, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-09 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

I agree that she seems to be playing the role of a victim, to me too.

I'm not feeling the transexual, Katelyn. She talks about her boyfriend back home as the love of her life, yet she seems to enjoy slutting around kissing strange women at the clubs.

edited because I saw you found your red wavy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-31-09, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
I have a very different look on Sarah based on how her conversation went on the phone with her father. He came off to me as someone wanting to push his way into her life and not someone that actually wanted to heal any wounds.

Having not an ounce of true knowledge of what went on in that relationship and just based on the tone of the phone call I think Sarah is right in putting up walls and maintaining them.

YMMV

Agman took me to the islands

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-09, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Not personally knowing Sarah or her father I don't know what to think of their situation. Her explanation was rather vague. From what I got out of it was Sarah's dad brought one sleeping bag to the camping trip and made some unwanted and sexual innuendos. But like I stated I don't know either one and this subject is very sensitive so I don't want to lean either way.

Speaking of episode two......I was rather disappointed with Ryan's (is that his name) decision to sing the "Tampon Song" to that guy. Helloooooo.....he just gave you mad props and respect for being in Iraq....maybe a song reflecting more on your experience there would have gotten a foot in the door. However, a lesson was learned....Chet has poor judgement...never ever listen to him.

Back to episode three....I'm glad Sarah was there to tell Katelyn that dressing like a street walker doesn't make her a "woman", however I'm waiting for someone to tell Katelyn that she ought to wash her dirty locks.

J.D. is becoming very unlovable. He seems to be a jerky drunk and should probably quit drinking altogether.

I also agree with Ryan that Chet is wasting his time and in a way contradicting himself. If you believe in waiting for marriage than you have an entirely different outlook on dating. Basically, you date someone to see if you are compatible to marry. However, I'm not a mormon so I have no clue how they feel about the whole dating thing. I was shocked to hear a Real Worlder say something of the like though...props to Ryan.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
I'm here! And watching.

Again, MY wall has been up with Sara since day one. I'm still not even sure why. There is something I don't trust about her and I just can't get over it. And, I DO think she is playing the victim just a little bit. And what is the whole story with her father? I don't get it. One sleeping bag? Is that the WHOLE story?

And Katelyn? To me, it seems like she *loves* her boyfriend because he is probably one of the few guys that accepted her for who she was....but does she REALLY love him? Who knows. Doesn't seem like it. She wants to love the idea of a perfect boyfriend who loves and accepts her.....but I don't think that is the situation here!

I did like how Katelyn hit Sarah in the arm playfully only for Sarah to say it HURT! HA HA!! For some reason it made me giggle.

I don't care for JD either. His true colors are coming out. And Ryan....the tampon song? SERIOUSLY? WHY? That was a horrible song choice.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-02-09, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Hey! We finally got a few posters for this one! Even Batts came through! Great!

Remember, these people are NOT picked because they are normal, they are picked because they might be interesting, weird, or entertaining. So, the transexual is odd in more ways than one. What I mean is, why talk one way about your alleged boyfriend but carry on the way she does with others - of BOTH sexes. Very strange. And no, I do NOT think she looks like a woman. Those eyes do not look beautiful or even vaguely cute, they look manacing and possibly evil. Eeek!

I hope Sarah explains a little more about this "problem" she has with her (allegedly) monster father. This is all very vague and not making much sense. I still think that at least part of her problem with the father is the "words of wisdom" she gets from her mother. She could be getting manipulated by a very evil, vengeful mother trying to get back at her ex-husband and using her none to stable daughter as a parn. If so, that is reprehensible.

And yeah, the Mormon is wasting his time.

SavannahPeach 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-03-09, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SavannahPeach Click to send private message to SavannahPeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
I'm watching... I think I always will.

My take on the Sarah and her father situation... I would think that MTV cannot legally air Sarah's allegations against her father. It would probably open the doors to them being sued for defamation or something of the sort.

A lot of times when you hear people talk about sexual abuse on TV or in interviews, they are careful not to specifically name WHO the abuser was. I've always figured this was for legal reasons.

With that being said... I am inclined to think there is more to the story than the one sleeping bag situation. That just seems really crazy. I'd be almost willing to bet she discussed other things that happened and they can't/won't air it.

Her dad definitely came across as kinda creepy to me and I felt more inclined to believe her than him. I thought her mom sounded pretty supportive and caring.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Very good point Ms. Savanna Peach!

I didn't really didn't think of that angle at all. Maybe you are right. Maybe she DID say more, but it wasn't aired due to legal reasons.

That would make more sense, since Sarah story about the single sleeping bag didn't seem to make any sense. Creative editing may have been the reason for that.

We will see what tonight brings.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-09, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
I agree with you. Even if there was no more than the one sleeping bag, there was something off enough to freak Sara out. And I would think a caring parent would be sensitive to the past that their child had given the daycare situation.

The response that Sarh is getting here is probably one she's encountered forever. And if the phone calls hadn't started would that bit ever have come into play? Makes me wonder how much MTV played a part of the first phone call.

Agman took me to the islands

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Now, now....would MTV call him up and just give him the number to create drama? NO...Never....*eye roll*

I thought they set Sara up.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

SavannahPeach 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-05-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SavannahPeach Click to send private message to SavannahPeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Interesting... just read Sarah's blog on the I am on MTV site... she addressed the situation with her father a little further and acknowledged that there was more to the situation.

Personally...my thoughts on her from what we've seen... I really like her. I think she seems like a strong, compassionate woman. I think she's my favorite one on there.

I like Ryan a lot too. He's seems to be one of those people that is way more than meets the eye!

02-11-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Watched recent episode.

Chet and Devyn should get together. They are both nosey and seem to think they know better. Unless Scott starts stinking up the house with skanky sex, it is his business how he entertains females. I wouldn't really be surprised if models usually showed their fellow models their portfolios <gasp>. Either way Chet and Devyn should get over themselves.

I thought Chet would be a fun character, you know the quirky Mormom kid, but he's really coming off otherwise.

02-12-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
Missed the first thirty minutes of last night's episode.

The obvious has been looming over the house for awhile and I think we all know what the "obvious" is. I understand why Katelyn didn't come right out and say anything, I would probably feel the same way and I'm sure it was difficult for her to live with people and keep a big part of who you are away from others (even though they knew).

I somewhat remember when JD spilled the beans to the other guys in the house about Katelyn and if I'm correct the guys were all over him wanting to know why he was going out with just Katelyn. Why did the need their privacy when they just met. So, I can understand why JD spilled some information although I do agree with Katelyn that it wasn't his information to tell.

Since I did miss the first thirty minutes of the show and the cause for the arguement I watched the after show. Based on what was being said the girls completely over reacted to the entire situation. I do think that when the girls get together they gang up on the boys and pick them apart. Devyn is a know it all and Sarah comes off as one of those overly politically correct types that dissects every thing you say into something negative.

Also, Mtv please keep Svetlana home. Please do not allow her on the aftershow ever again. She was completely rude to Ryan and Scott. The sad thing is I started liking Svetlana a small bit after the Gauntlet...now I'm back to where I started with her.

I also love, love, love the whole Ryan on a pole clip. I laughed so hard! I didn't think I was going to like Ryan all that much but he is so entertaining. I especially loved it when they were all back at the house from their trip and Ryan said he wasn't immature.....and the kicker was he had a purple over sized cartoon looking cowboy hat on...lol.

Angel_K 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-09, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angel_K Click to send private message to Angel_K Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is There Anybody Out There?"
The way they turned their trip to Ryan's hometown into a guys vs. girls event cracked me up. I definitely took the guys' side.

& Yes, please keep Svetlana away. I couldn't believe her. It obviously bothered Ryan by the look on his face.. yet, she kept on talking.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-09, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Chirp....Chrip....Chrip....."
Must be a great season!

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •