The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Cupid Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-03, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
When they were standing at the "alter" and the minister began talking Hank said something to Lisa I didn't catch. I've listened to it over and over and I can't make it out. He said a couple times after that "don't worry" and it looked like Lisa was squeezing his hand.
I think the producers left them in the dark as well as soon-to-be ex-host Brian. All along they have said the guy America chooses will PROPOSE to Lisa and then she will have the opportunity to say yes or no. What happened?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... Bloss 09-17-03 1
   RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... TheDigable 09-17-03 2
       RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... Joyful 09-17-03 3
           RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... TheDigable 09-17-03 4
       RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... Cupidcruiser 09-17-03 5
           Could've been worse TheDigable 09-17-03 6
 RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... East Coast Girl 09-18-03 7
   RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was ... ashleybfogg 09-18-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bloss 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bloss Click to send private message to Bloss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
I didn't quite catch what was going on. I was thinking throughout this thing that they were going to give Hank a chance to propose to her before they started the ceremony. All through the episodes Brian McFaden always said, "Will the guy who is chosen, propose and will Lisa accept?" or something to that effect. The whole thing was just rushed and poorly directed. Could you believe how horrid the set looked? I think I woulda broke down in tears if someone expected me to get married in THAT setting.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TheDigable 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheDigable Click to send private message to TheDigable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
Then YOU wouldn't have applied for the show.

It's rather simple actually.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-03, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
>Then YOU wouldn't have applied for
>the show.
>
>It's rather simple actually.

Unfair dig, Dig. And Lisa did not see the set until she was already locked into the show. Her first appearance on that horrid set was on the 4th episode.

09-17-03, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheDigable Click to send private message to TheDigable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
C'mon though...it's CBS. How much money did she think they would spend?

I would have negotiated in my contract to ensure that they wouldn't make a mockery of my day.

Cupidcruiser 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cupidcruiser Click to send private message to Cupidcruiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
Survivor is a CBS show and spends BIG BUCKS on the sets and the production values. Being a network show, Cupid should have looked a little less like it was being produced by summer interns. I don't think the set influenced the decision not to wed, but it certainly was megatacky---it would have been like getting married on The Price Is Right or something!

09-17-03, 10:06 PM (EST)
6. "Could've been worse"
It could have been the set of The Family Feud (redneck style).

East Coast Girl 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail East%20Coast%20Girl Click to send private message to East%20Coast%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
I agree with Joyful that Lisa and Hank were probably not told about the abrupt jump into the wedding ceremony bypassing the PROPOSAL. They (Hank and Lisa) probably had planned on Hank making his speech during the PROPOSAL about having a non-televised wedding and were surprised at the change directly to the ceremony. I am guessing that Hank was reassuring Lisa that he would now do this during the "vows at the alter", and not to worry.

I think it was pretty tacky of the producers and Brian ("doesn't my hair make me look cool, stick-boy) McFayden to try and force and/or guilt them into going through with the wedding. I am sure they knew about Lisa and Hank (as I think they knew Hank would be the one) not wanting to get married on TV (and were not too happy) and hence the jump over the PROPOSAL to the actual ceremony - Maybe this would force them to go through with the televised wedding by catching them off guard; and if that fails then in steps Mr. Stick-Boy with his "don't you think you owe ......." song and dance line hoping to guilt them into going through with the wedding. Bad, bad, bad network execs - must not mess up their show format.

But Lisa and Hank had the last laugh - good on them not to give in to network exec pressure - but to see if the relationship was a workable one away from cameras and a contrived, scripted environment.

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-18-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did anyone catch what Hank was saying?"
It was they who sprung the surprise on CBS. Hank didn't want to get married - he doesn't love her, and they agreed at the end not to do it. It's not true love, they're not together, and ta da! that's the end. They both will find people in probably more normal circumstances, and end up happy. yay.

ashlet

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •