The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Cupid Forum (Protected)
Original message

HappyDayz 278 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-30-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDayz Click to send private message to HappyDayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Aside from all the long kisses performed for his family's entertainment (creepy is a word that is so overused....however, I feel the need to use it just once more right here...creepy!), there are other things I have picked up on over the weeks that just rub me the wrong way. I hope he's gone this week...and since he's been in the bottom rankings three times already, I think it's definitely a possibility...and here are a few more of the reasons I want him to go.

First, I am so sick of seeing him pull his hair back I could scream. Oh how I wish Lisa had gotten him to cut some of that mane off when she had the goatee shaved. I just find his constant tossling with it annoying....Lisa, always think twice before dating a guy who worries more about his hair than you do about yours!

I'm tired of his responses to Laura and Kimberly, whenever they question him about something, being "You weren't there". Just answer the freakin questions Renda! Comes off sounding kind of flippant, arrogant...don't like it.

No attempt at sugarcoating in the world is going to make me think that 'street hustler' is an acceptable or desirable career choice. Why doesn't this guy have a job? Because he wants to write poetry? Lisa writes poetry and she has a job....I've known a lot of people who write, they still keep a day job.

Okay, was he really crying, talking about the possibility of being cut from the competition? Hank was right....Renda is going to be crushed when it happens, and in all likelihood it is going to happen, and soon.....America seems to have a hard time supporting the plight of the street hustler. I would be amazed if Renda is still around in two weeks when we go for the final votes.

Anyway, just some of my reasons why I think Renda should probably be the next to go. Feel free to agree, disagree, or add to the list....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... Bloss 08-30-03 1
   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... HappyDayz 08-30-03 2
 RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... Joyful 08-30-03 3
   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... HappyDayz 08-30-03 7
 RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... Schnookie Palookie 08-30-03 4
   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... leogirl_21 08-30-03 5
       RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... Schnookie Palookie 08-30-03 6
   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... HappyDayz 08-30-03 8
       RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... Schnookie Palookie 08-30-03 9
           RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... HappyDayz 08-30-03 10
               RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... smoothy Q 08-31-03 11
                   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... leogirl_21 08-31-03 12
                       RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... smoothy Q 09-01-03 15
 RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... redefine_perfection13 08-31-03 13
   RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... HappyDayz 08-31-03 14
       RE: Renda ~ some things just bother... leogirl_21 09-01-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bloss 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-30-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bloss Click to send private message to Bloss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
I think Renda is adorable in that puppy sort of way. I think he and Lisa get along well but as buddies. I don't really see her marrying this guy but I can see where they could be very good friends. He's too much of a free spirit at this point to settle down enough with her.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-30-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDayz Click to send private message to HappyDayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
I do think Lisa really likes him, but I also see them more as buddies. I think that's why all the kissing in front of the family bothered me....well, that it was in front of the family in itself bothered me, but it just didn't look natural at all, it seemed kind of forced. Lisa said in her bio and questionaire that it was important to her that her man have ambition, so even though she may like the poetic side of Renda, I don't think she would really want to marry him. I do hope he hangs around another week though....the bad side of me wants to see the street hustler meet her (former military) father...bwahahahaha!..."Mr. Shannon, I really dig your daughter and I feel that I can pick up enough cash hustlin' on the street to support her and a bunch of kids...that'd be cool".

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Hi HappyDayz it's me Joyful I agree there is something off about Renda. I mentioned in another post that he reminds me of Brendan Fraser's "sensetive guy" character in the movie "Bedazzled". When he was crying in the green diary room that's all I could think about. Sensetive's a great quality, but come on..puu-leeze!!!

08-30-03, 10:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
I didn't see that movie...I'll have to rent it. I agree...sensitivity is a desirable quality, but there should be a balance. I know I wouldn't want a guy that cried more than I did (happy to say that in 10 years, I have never seen my husband cry...but he's still a sensitive guy when the situation calls for it!)

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-03, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
His hair bothers me also. I'm not crazy about Renda, especially after that kiss, but I'd rather see Joe and Robert go before Renda.

I must remember to pay more attention to the beginning of the show because I missed his crying episode. Is he taking lessons from Robert? All we need is a bunch of crying guys. Sheesh!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-30-03, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
I never really understood why Renda was there to begin with...and after the meeting the family date, I know for sure that there's something about him that seems to be forced...like he's trying to forcefully convince us about his feelings for Lisa. I don't know...don't really think there's anything wrong with him as a person but he isn't the guy for Lisa....btw...is that a nose piercing that he's sporting? Not sure, it seems as if he has a tiny stud on his nose.

08-30-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Funny how I didn't like Renda in the beginning but there was a brief moment on last week's show when I thought ... hmmmmmmmmmmm he's kinda cute. The moment didn't last long though

Yep. It looks like he has a tiny diamond stud on his nose. Never noticed it before. Can't be a real diamond I'm sure with his lack of a salary LOL.

08-30-03, 10:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
>I must remember to pay more attention to the beginning of
>the show because I missed his crying episode. Is he
>taking lessons from Robert? All we need is a bunch
>of crying guys. Sheesh!

LOL, that last sentence just gave me a vision of those six guys sitting around the table crying it out and talking about their feelings.....working the hostilities out with a little sensitivity training.....bwahahaha!

Yep, Renda cried. Hank had just said that Renda is emotionally immature, and he (Renda) thinks he's winning this thing ~ he's going to be crushed. Then, cut to Renda, saying that if he is cut next week, he wants to thank Lisa because the dates have made him feel good about himself.....and then the fountain works started. Geez!

08-30-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Group sensitivity training LMAO! Joe could pass around his wad of cash for them to use as tissues. Maybe they can get Dr. Phil to sit in on the sessions.

08-30-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
ROFL! Great idea ~ Someone please call Dr. Phil and see if he's free! The guys will feel so much better once they let it all out.

smoothy Q 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-03, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smoothy%20Q Click to send private message to smoothy%20Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
ok, so I'm in the minority here. I've liked Renda from the beginning. Since then, as you all have said, there are some things that have bothered me, but he's still my favorite. The others to me seem, not quite so true to themselves, whatever that might mean. I don't see Lisa marrying Renda, only because she seems to have already picked Evan, which i find really disturbing! If this is true, it doesn't take much to impress her, and even less to make her happy. On to next week...

smoothy Q

p.s. the Dr. Phil idea is a great one! LMAO

08-31-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Smoothy Q, you mean you think that Lisa has claimed Evan as her favorite? Just trying to clarify what you meant.

smoothy Q 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-01-03, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smoothy%20Q Click to send private message to smoothy%20Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
leogirl,
yes it appeared that way to me back in the first show as this forum...dating in the studio thing...i cant remember exactly what it was she said, but it was something about seeing herself being married to him. Maybe its just the chemical thing happening for her with him, whatever it is, I dont get it.

Did that clear it up for you? hahaha

smoothy Q

redefine_perfection13 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-31-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redefine_perfection13 Click to send private message to redefine_perfection13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
I'm sorry I was just curious I missed his date and I was wondering did he really make out with her in front of his family, my dad would kill the man who did that...and the hair really does have to go

08-31-03, 10:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
It was kind of strange....he would go to kiss her, and then just kiss her over and over. It didn't appear there was any tongue or anything (guess he's saving that for his visit with the Shannon family, LOL).....but just liplock over and over again, with his family and friends watching (the camera panned to all of them, they looked like they felt as uncomfortable with it as I did). It didn't seem natural, it was strange. He did it when they were at the table with his family, and again outside saying goodbye (again, the family was there watching).

I'm with you...my dad would have smacked a guy for that. I'm willing to bet if it happens in front of her Dad....if he's like most Dad's would be with their little girls....Daddy Shannon won't like it either. I'm actually kind of anxious for the Shannon family visit....I want to see and hear her family's thoughts on all the guys.

09-01-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Renda ~ some things just bother me...."
Okay, Smoothy Q, I get exactly what you are saying...hehehehe....thanks! However, I don't remember exactly what was said by Lisa to Evan...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •