The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Come on now!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitytvjunky4 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-29-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvjunky4 Click to send private message to realitytvjunky4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Come on now!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Okay, I read the guidelines but I didn't think i was saying anything bad...So I deleted my "bashing" and here is my opinion.

Amy--She's not that bad! You have to look at her age also! (On most of them!) She was just very upset because Keith kicked off the "love of her life"

Toni--Yea, for a 29 year old she really has some issues. But you have to remember she's a tough chick so she is going to act like one.

Zack--Well, I really don't have any answers for him. This I cannot argue.

Charla-- Now this is the one that upsets me. If I was in my early 20's and had the chance to go to a beautiful island. I personally would make the best of it. What did she do since day one? Nothing. She is so boring it's pathetic. She doesn't even deserve to be there. What a hermit! I do not blame the others for excluding her. She is so boring! Plus, she is so mean to Dave. Why he puts up with her is beyond me.

Tara-- Seems like a little hoochie to me. She was always up on everyone.

Keith- No issues with. He seems like a calm guy.

Dave-- Poor Dave! Blew it last episode

Holly--She's hot..Scott treats her like such crap. I know she has big boobs. But good for her! Most women wish they had boobs like that! Doesn't make the girl an airhead.

So there I go...I stated my opinion.
I know, I know, I will probably get chewed out for it..But hey, this will make it fun now.

Look forward to talking to all of you.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Come on now!! Bebo 09-29-03 1
 RE: Come on now!! LadyT 09-29-03 2
 RE: Come on now!! Haterman03 09-29-03 3
   RE: Come on now!! realitytvjunky4 09-29-03 4
       RE: Come on now!! thndrcloud 09-29-03 5
 I missed it. Angelfood 09-29-03 6
   My own contestant assessment Angelfood 09-29-03 7
       My Hero superstepmom1 09-29-03 8
           RE: My Hero Chrissy gal 09-29-03 9
       RE: My own contestant assessment Lahela 09-30-03 15
       RE: Angelfood takes the cake RollDdice 09-30-03 21
   RE: I missed it. LadyT 09-29-03 10
       Shhh Angelfood 09-29-03 11
           RE: Shhh mistofleas 09-30-03 13
               RE: Shhh ginger 09-30-03 17
                   RE: Shhh mistofleas 09-30-03 18
                       RE: Shhh ginger 09-30-03 20
   RE: I missed it. realitytvjunky4 09-30-03 12
       WELCOME realitytvjunky4 superstepmom1 09-30-03 14
           RE: WELCOME realitytvjunky4 realitytvjunky4 09-30-03 24
       RE: I missed it. Bebo 09-30-03 16
           Sorry Bebo! realitytvjunky4 09-30-03 23
       RE: I missed it. Angelfood 09-30-03 19
           RE: I missed it. realitytvjunky4 09-30-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-03, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Come on now!!"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to check out the guidelines, with particular attention to the section about how to treat other members of the forums. Bashing the contestants of reality shows is encouraged on these forums, but bashing of fellow posters is not tolerated and can result in a permanent ban from the site.

You may also want to check out some of the existing threads that have already been posted. A number of your comments could have contributed to existing discussions, instead of splintering discussions or making posters repeat themselves.

Enjoy posting.

Fighting for evil (and neat forums) since 2002

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Come on now!!"
May I comment that the names of the forums here are SurvivorBlows, BigBrotherBites, LoveCruiseSinks, etc. We bash here because these people deserve it. You go on TV, you are open to be bashed. In fact we have an active member here on this site who did appear on a show and he was one of the leaders who bashed himself. (And he did it better than anyone).

Take our mod's advice. Read the guidelines or you may not be long for this world

Haterman03 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-29-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Haterman03 Click to send private message to Haterman03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Come on now!!"
in the very beginning charla did join in on some of the group activities but eventually she realized they weren't her kind of people. if you notice nearly everyone from the beginning was from arizona and sometimes people from the same area have more in common. she's from minnesota and i think dave said she's never really left. if you ever met someone from minnesota that's always lived there they sort of have a different vibe from people on the west coast. and just cuz your on vacation doesn't mean you have scream, get drunk, and hump every person you meet. and that's all everyone else did. i remember one time she finally got fed up she said all the guys did was talk about boobs. she did enjoy the outing they had when they were traveling and stuff some people like to go on vacation and enjoy the sceneryu and have good, clean fun and i can respect that. and lastly they called her boring when she didn't want to stay up all night every night. amy complained that she was going to bed at 1 am and said she wished melanie stayed instead of her. maybe not in amy's world but 1 am is not early.

09-29-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvjunky4 Click to send private message to realitytvjunky4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Come on now!!"
She (Charla) just seems so miserable. If your that miserable why even stay? Well now she seems better because everyone is gone. But before she should have stepped down so someone else in America could have had the opportunity to go on the show.

thndrcloud 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-29-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Come on now!!"
First, it's already been covered that people from America were not actually chosen to go to Paradise. They stopped that ruse about halfway through the show.

Second, Charla leaving would not have necessarily meant that someone else would come in. When Kristin got kicked out and Amy was considering leaving they said that wouldn't mean Kristin could stay. The producers are not overly concerned with keeping the "correct" number of guests.

Third, Amy was also miserable but she didn't voluntarily leave. In fact she let others sacrifice themselves so she could stay while saying she wanted to go home the whole time. By your logic you should be annoyed with Amy as well.

Fourth, Charla is there to play a game. Yes, it's a nice vacation, especially for someone from Minnesota who's never traveled, but it's still a game. She's in it for the prize. Would you suggest to a contestant on Survivor that they quit because they are miserable? No, because that's part of the game.

Fifth and last, Charla was only miserable when she was being tortured by the opposing group. I've noticed that she's been much more upbeat the last few episodes since the booted group left after their visit. She and Tara have been hanging out by the pool and just having fun. This was something she couldn't do when everyone was picking on her. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for her and it looks like it might not be the train she was expecting.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-29-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I missed it."
A mean posting...and I missed it. darn. I guess ya gotta get up early to catch them worms. I'm glad to see that at least 1 newbie has a humorous outlook (chewing out = fun!).
hear ye! hear ye!

A Generic Explanation (so i can just copy and paste from now on)

Re: Us
I guess that compared to fox msgbds, we are Miss Manners, but they are hateful over there, whilst we only bash and make fun of it, we take it lightly and laugh about it (a healthy attitude). Did you notice that mostly we discuss strategy, the "bigger picture" of social issues, morals/character and spoilers? And besides, its like group therapy, and by being here you are joining in. It sounds like you are just mad cuz we are mostly on the side of the Barbies, and you may have figured out that you are in the minority on many message boards, so you chose to lash out verbally, much like your girl Amy.
Too bad, so sad.

But on this bd, you should have noticed (in all your lurking) our general consensus of our disapproval of amy/zack/toni/etc. behaviors and threats. Its not excused (for most adults) by age, maturity, or the experience of being on reality tv. So, when you defend, excuse and condone each of the above's actions, you are a supporter of bullying and threatening in general. Your comments above seem to defend them and you could be someone who does or has done it. And my disagreement with you would be on that issue, which I doubt I can change your mind on, so why bother to argue at all. But I'll take this opportunity to spell out my arguments on the characters (in the next msg).

09-29-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My own contestant assessment"
Re: contestants

amy - she repeatedly was verbally abusive and made several murder threats. That IS so bad. She should be institutionalized because Zack has probably driven her crazy. Period.
toni - acts tough because she is an Insecure Coward (as she's admitted to) and no guy loves her (which I pity) but her actions make no guy want to love her. Ever.
zack - from what I've read, he has guys in every state ready to give him a beating, so he'll get his.
charla - boring is FAR better a crime than abusive cruelty.
tara - i don't care who she's kissed, she's less promiscuous than amy, toni, amanda, kristin, etc.
keith - he is the IDEAL that young men today should aspire to. Assertive, defensive, and still RESPECTFUL. A Hero.
dave - maybe the stress got to him and he lost it. but you can't say he's blown it til we see if he WINS.
scott - treats all girls that way, glad you noticed.
holly - no, being an airhead makes her an airhead (strategy, trusting scott, not understanding feelings, being under amy's wing). Passive-aggressive. And I think we are sick of tv girls (survivor esp.) knowing the tv show will get them a playboy offer and not caring about the tv show itself.

superstepmom1 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-29-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail superstepmom1 Click to send private message to superstepmom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "My Hero"
Angelfood, I couldn't have adressed them better myself.

Except Charla. I really don't think she is boring - she's just not your typical 21 year old drunken party girl.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-29-03, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My Hero"
**Chrissy gal thinks that Angelfood has really found a home here at SB**

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My own contestant assessment"
I couldn't agree more Angelfood..except for the Charla part. Like someone else mentioned, she is just not the typical drunken 21 year old.
She did try to have a great time the first couple of weeks and then they started picking on her.
If you read in the TV Guide Q&A someone posted, you'll also see why Charla was so bored. Apparently they had no tv and were pretty much stranded there. I would get bored too of a 3ft pool and having to look at the same people 24/7 without being able to leave for what, like 3 months. It would definitely get old. I don't blame her for being bored. At least she didn't decide to go on a rampage, ala Amy and become a buligerant bully.
Anyway..just wanted to say I agree with you Angelfood!

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Angelfood takes the cake"
Ladies and Gentlemen ... the hardest working woman in show business ... Angelfood! (huge roar from the crowd)

Another well-reasoned response. Nice job.

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I missed it."
Angelfood, I love all your assessments and I think you are hiliarous. And what I am going to say next is so not a reflection on you, I just wanted to say that and welcome you here. But I will fully accept responsibility on my posts. You bet I am mean. Have been since the first week this whole board opened. I will continue to bash and be mean until the day these boards close. I also talk strategy and stuff, but bashing to me, is so much more fun

09-29-03, 11:40 PM (EST)
11. "Shhh"
....(whispers) don't give away our secrets. they haven't read much here.

but seriously, i haven't actually noticed that you were very bad. There is bashing (jokingly and lighthearted), bashing (deservedly to violent tv personalities who deserve to be in jail), and then, there is bashing (hurling insults and hate ala fuxmsgbds), or (entering a new site, starting a thread to spout your pro-bullying support and then never returning).

thank you so much gals, i've been liking your posts too. nice to hear that I'm not alone, and I don't want to claim to understand us and be wrong.

luvs,

Logic is my sword and facts are my daggers
in the neverending battle vs. disrespect

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shhh"
but seriously, i haven't actually noticed that you were very bad.

Angelfood, Tishy is the baddest of the bad.

*falls over laughing*

--is worse that LT

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Shhh"
Unlike me and Misto, who sit demurely in our corners and worry about Zack's inner child, Amy's self-exfoliating skin, Holly's less-than-successful campaign to seduce Sexually Ambiguous Scott, Melanie's less-than-successful campaign to become Holly (god help her), Desiree's requiring surgery to remove her nose from the collective arses of the Happy Shiny Originals, Dave's insistence on telling Charla in every possible way that he loves her combined with Charla's insistence on pretending Dave is discussing the recent 4H Club meeting, Smokey's inability to return to the wild, Tom's inability to communicate except via stuffed monkey, Keith's inability to keep his eyes separate, and other issues that only sweet, sensitive, nonbashing mavins of etiquette and world peace consider.

Just ignore all these rude mean other people.

>

Angelfood, you are delicious.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shhh"
*snickers at what Ginger said*

--thinks ginger is good on everything

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shhh"
Esp. with Coconut and a cool Mist.

Hey, I just noticed your eyes wink and stuff - you are a little electronic minx up there!

>

09-30-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I missed it."
Hey, I wasn't lashing out at anyone. Just giving my thoughts. Someone told me to read the guidelines so I edited my message. I didn't think I had to...what I said was nothing to tell ya the truth.

I guess if you think I am a bully then those are your thoughts and I have no problem with that!

But I was giving my thoughts and I see no problem in that either.

I guess a warm welcome is out of the question huh? =)

superstepmom1 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-30-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail superstepmom1 Click to send private message to superstepmom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "WELCOME realitytvjunky4"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-03 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

WARMEST WELCOMES HERE!

Thanks for your take on the guests. It's a good thread and I like reading everyone's take on the guests.

edited to add:

BTW, I think Toni is a manly, muscular, bug-eyed psycho. YATZEE.

09-30-03, 08:35 PM (EST)
24. "RE: WELCOME realitytvjunky4"

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Game on!! =)

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I missed it."
Hey, I wasn't lashing out at anyone. Just giving my thoughts. Someone told me to read the guidelines so I edited my message. I didn't think I had to...what I said was nothing to tell ya the truth.

I guess if you think I am a bully then those are your thoughts and I have no problem with that!

Welcome, and allow me to introduce myself more fully than "that someone". I'm one of the forum moderators, and the reason I sent you to the guidelines is that your statement about the posters here being as bad as the people on the show falls into the personal attack realm, which is in strict violation of the forum guidelines.

You may not think it was an attack, but this is not something that's up for debate. I appreciate you taking the time to read the guidelines and editing your post.

You can be proud of yourself being a bully, but this is just a friendly reminder that if that bullying is targeted toward the posters of this forum, you won't be sticking around.

Fighting for evil (and neat forums) since 2002

09-30-03, 08:34 PM (EST)
23. "Sorry Bebo!"
I am glad you told me to read the guidelines!
I know what I can and cannot do now!
Thanks!

09-30-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: I missed it."
Nah, you can still get at least a lukewarm welcome! ;)
(Just a joke)... Welcome.

by lashing out, i meant your first post, which sounded like it had a bitter tone and caddy insults (even if you didn't intend that, it probably came off that way). but you did edit it and for that I give you much credit (clap clap clap). It may not seem that bad to you (and actually is pretty tame compared to some other msgbds hate msgs), but we have a *different* level of expectations here, so it remains a pleasant experience for all.

I wasn't trying to assume you support bullying or not ("seem to defend", "could be"), but I had to spell out my points in case you (or other posters) do. I truly didn't assume you were a bully, but I thought it possible (considering the odds), and I'm glad to hear that you aren't. I figured that if you weren't - you would clarify that, and if you were - you may choose to stay silent on that. I'm sure we've all seen the gamut of personalities and viewpoints on many of these msgbds. Alot of people (mostly on Foxbds) who support (or hate) Zack & Amy are pro-bullying and violence, and say some hateful or threatening things in their posts (obviously this isn't you). I was just trying to make a point in general about that group of people.

I did commend your sense of humor about the disagreements you expected, and saying that would make it fun now. I anticipate your view on my character assessments (if any) and hopefully some good and original opinions (or thoughts as you say) on other points in the future. I liked your takes on Toni, Zack & Scott and I giggled (tho don't agree with) the Tara hoochie thing. You will find similar Charla views under her thread. And I will still disagree with Lamy. Sorry I didn't think to add that before.

Hope that helps.

09-30-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I missed it."
I like all of your opinions to tell you the truth. I respect all of them..But yea, thought I would add a little fun to the boards. It is nice to meet all of you.

Yea, I know "Lamy" does have some issues. Maybe after watching the herself on TV she might change a tad. If not, we might see her on another reality show on FOX! Now that would be interesting!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •