The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-18-03, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
Tonight showed a really good comparison of the Barbies vx the originals.

When Dave was picked by Tom did you notice his reaction? Dave said it sucked, but it was a game and he understood that. He maturely accepted that he was going home and that he did not make it to the end. When the twist came, Beau immediately started in on Dave. If I were Dave and had been leaning towards sending Scott home, Beau's comments would have made me change my mind.

So, Dave chooses Beau, once again he acts like a little kid, pouting and throwing a fit. Maybe not as bad as the first time, but he sure as hell did not accept it with the class the Dave did when he thought he was gone.

Another comparison to think about: This whole show tonight we had to watch Amy in her depression. Whineing and crying about how it is all so unfair to her and how she does not care, or like this anymore. Did any of the Barbies attempt to make her life more miserable? No. But a few weeks ago when Charla was feeling even more ganged up on did Amy and the other Originals stay clear or show any compassion? No! They wanted to make her feel even more miserable. They reveled in her misery and wanted to cause her even more.

Notice towards the end of the show how Tara actually felt bad for Amy? She understood how hard it must be for her to have all her friends removed. She felt sorry for her, she did not go and try to make her feel more miserable.

I like the class the Barbies display, but at times I wish they would put that ##### Amy and the others in their place. I would lose no respect for them if they tortured that little ##### for the rest of her stay at the hotel. Payback is hell LAmy!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... Angelfood 09-18-03 1
 Beau LoftStory 09-18-03 2
 RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... Sbez 09-18-03 3
 RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... buffyjl 09-21-03 4
 RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... commonwife 09-22-03 5
 RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... RollDdice 09-22-03 6
   RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... RealityTVGeek 09-22-03 7
       RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... RollDdice 09-23-03 10
           RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... Chrissy gal 09-23-03 12
               RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... CantStandToLook 09-23-03 13
               RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... RollDdice 09-24-03 14
                   RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... Chrissy gal 09-24-03 15
                       RE: Class of Barbies vs class of or... RollDdice 09-24-03 16
   Dave & Charla IMHO Angelfood 09-23-03 8
       RE: Dave & Charla IMHO CantStandToLook 09-23-03 9
           RE: Dave & Charla IMHO mtopaz 09-23-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-18-03, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
Right on!
Beau: He's fooling no one. When D goes home and watches the tapes of how Bozo and Lamy conspired to vote him off, he'll sleep better at night. Last time, Bo was on his side. This time, Bo promised to be on Dave's side (before he was voted on) and then made a pact with Poison Amy and was obviously on her side.
Bozo tried to be sneaky and strategic, but it didn't work, so he made a pathetic plea to save life and limb at the risk of embarrasing himself further. Then he read the cue card that said "Note to self: do not leave bitter...again...mother was ashamed of me last time."

Dave was also very honorable with his kind words to Melanie when she was voted off - "Don't worry, there's always twists and turns, something in the envelope. It's still nice to have someone pick me. ... "I hope that by some twist Melanie gets to stay here in Paradise." Funny, no one else did.

If I were at the women's breakfast, I would have made Lamy hurl her Hungry-Jack-size meal. Tara could talk about how hot Keith is or how well he kisses. Or the Barbies could have tried the guilt approach. They don't even point out to Lamy how nice they are by not harassing her when she's down.

If Poison Amy doesn't want to be there so badly, why didn't she insist Toni or Desiree not sacrifice themselves for her, oh yeah, cause Zack wants her to win. Zack doesn't want toni or kristin to get farther, just Amy. Nice friends.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LoftStory 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-18-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoftStory Click to send private message to LoftStory Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Beau"
It's been said many times before, but Beau really is an idiot. Dave never said that he wouldn't vote Beau off again! He said that he felt bad when Beau left, he wished that Beau wasn't the one to go, and that he regretted that he decided to vote Beau off. More specifically, he regretted that he caved to peer pressure and went along with the group.
Dave told Beau that he wouldn't do that again (which could actually be interpreted in two ways: that he would make his own decisions from here on out, or that given the chance to do it over again, he would choose to evict (or whatever) someone other than Beau). He didn't make any promises or pacts.

Beau would have to be an idiot (Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER!) to think that Dave would promise never to vote him off - how would Dave win the game if he never elimiated another person?? There's only one more roommate selection left . . . it's not like Dave is going to sacrifice his spot in favor of Beau.
Especially seeing as how Beau would elimiate Dave in a heartbeat.

Sbez 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sbez Click to send private message to Sbez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
I posted this under vote but it's more appropriate here.

I loved the reading for Charla. Saying she was higher then the rest, and the expressions on the originals faces. She certainly acts in a higher class then the originals. Wait til Amy sees herself at the table acting like a pig her manors are repulsive. Charla keeps herself high by not turning on the originals like they have done to her. She keeps herself set apart from the rest by having respect for the others even though they have no respect and disregard her feelings every episode. I am sure that Dave's reading was probably similar considering he does the same. I'm glad to see that somebody said something positive about her on the show in front of the others. it is more appropriate here.

buffyjl 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-03, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buffyjl Click to send private message to buffyjl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"

>When Dave was picked by Tom
>did you notice his reaction?
>Dave said it sucked, but
>it was a game and
>he understood that.

Actually I noticed his reaction: surprisingly calm. Charla would be crying before Dave started walking if she had thought he was kicked off. And Dave would have hugged Charla first.

Basically, Dave and Charla both knew he wasn't going home when Tom chose him. They (D&Ch) probably picked up on Amanda's wording "who do you THINK should leave".

He maturely
>accepted that he was going
>home and that he did
>not make it to the
>end.

I think he had to handle it in case he figured incorrectly and he actually had to go home. And he handled it maturely, just as he promised Kristin, remember?

>
>So, Dave chooses Beau, once again
>he acts like a little
>kid, pouting and throwing a
>fit. Maybe not as bad
>as the first time, but
>he sure as hell did
>not accept it with the
>class the Dave did when
>he thought he was gone.
>

Actually, I remember Beau being quite mature and perspectful (if that's a word) when he was kicked off the 1st time. And his air kick was awesome!

-jl
"And that's all he wrote!"

commonwife 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-22-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail commonwife Click to send private message to commonwife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
I whole heartedly agree. I would like Dave and Charla to win because of just those reasons. Scott is also a contender and hasn't really been mean to anyone.

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-03, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-03 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

>Tonight showed a really good comparison
>of the Barbies vx the
>originals.
>
>So, Dave chooses Beau, once again
>he acts like a little
>kid, pouting and throwing a
>fit.

I agree about Barbies having more class, but I wanted to share one observation and one exception.

Observation: Did you see Bo when he was talking to Amanda? First he does that "pistol" finger gesture (that turns my stomach)when he suggested that there could be a "twist" and he could be back AGAIN. (which would be a crime against humanity, btw.) And he was mocking Amanda's tendency to clasp her hands together during her speeches. He's really just a cruel 4 year old with a job.

Exception: I have come to realize that Charla is really, truly nasty to Dave. It's one thing to say, "I'm not interested in you" with your attitude and body languge. Not to mention directly to his face and to anyone else who would listen. But she crossed the line quite a while ago. No class there.

Lastly, angelfood has written some excellent summaries in her "9/17 Birthday Summaries and Discussions" thread. (And the fact that I wrote my first summary and posted it in that thread is just icing on her cake. You can see what I *really* think there.) {>

RealityTVGeek 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-03, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVGeek Click to send private message to RealityTVGeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
First of all, RollDDice, I love your Vegas-inspired moniker and have enjoyed reading your posts.

I completely agree with your assesment of Beau. He is an ADHD, spoiled loser of a boy.

Here's where I respectfully disagree with you:

>Exception: I have come to realize
>that Charla is really, truly
>nasty
to Dave. It's one
>thing to say, "I'm not
>interested in you" with your
>attitude and body languge. Not
>to mention directly to his
>face and to anyone else
>who would listen. But she
>crossed the line quite a
>while ago. No class there.

Charla has made no bones about having NO physical attraction to Dave. Why must she be punished for this? Where is it stated that any female must eventually get sexual with a man simply because he wants her to?? She is very playful and friendly with Dave, obviously JUST as a friend. She is in the awkward position of having any friendly overture to Dave misconstrued as a sexual advance (eg, "I am lonely"). Maybe she just wanted to talk??

Dave has to know that if and when Charla wants some lovin' from him, she knows where to go. She needs to make the first move. In this case, persistence is NOT going to make the difference. She OBVIOUSLY knows Dave wants her, whenever, wherever.

I don't think she has been nasty to him AT ALL! And I also have to play the editing card, as we don't really know what's been going on!

It's hard to be friends with someone you KNOW wants to get in your pants. I credit Charla for being as cordial and sensitive as she has been with Dave. She clearly loves him and doesn't want to hurt him.

Just my $.02

09-23-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-03 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-23-03 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

RealityTVGeek-

Thanks for your kind words. My name and sig came about this way: I was watching an early episode and saw Amanda announce a “twist and turn” based on the “rules” of PH. Mouth agape, I thought, “Rules? How do they make the rules here, with a pair of dice?” (dramatic music swells) And so the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel was named and RolldDice was born!

On the Charla front… you wrote:

“Charla has made no bones about having NO physical attraction to Dave. Why must she be punished for this? Where is it stated that any female must eventually get sexual with a man simply because he wants her to? She is very playful and friendly with Dave, obviously JUST as a friend. She is in the awkward position of having any friendly overture to Dave misconstrued as a sexual advance (eg, “I am lonely”). Maybe she just wanted to talk.”

I don’t think that Charla being “truly nasty” toward Dave has anything to do with sexual boundaries. If you watch any episode, you’ll see Charla roll her eyes at Dave, ignore him, talk down to him and “use” him for support, etc. If he needs anything in return, meaning friendship, a sounding board, a kind word . . . she isn’t there at all. She often says “I don’t understand what you’re talking about” when she doesn’t want to deal with his feelings. She just isn’t interested in anything that isn’t entertaining her or moving her forward in the game. If you want proof of that, check out the 9/17 Summary, “Little Bo’s Peeps”, featuring actual Charla quotes, especially … when the Gang approaches Dave/Charla’s room, she says, “He’s scared of you guys right now”, smiles and slides over so they can get in and torture Dave.

As far as “any friendly overture to Dave misconstrued as a sexual advance”, let’s look at the participants here. Charla could wear her best Fredrick’s of Hollywood outfit, and in a drunken show of lust try to jump Dave’s bones. I am absolutely certain he would stop her and say, “Are you alright? Why are you doing this now?” Snott, Bo or Alex would rip her clothes off immediately and get down to it, but Dave cares about her. Charla uses him and he falls for it. I would feel worse for him, but he’s a bit of an “enabler”.

Let me hand you my Charla decoder ring. Charla’s “I am lonely” means “I have to show everyone I have power over you. I will call and you will jump.” Her “Why do you care where I sleep? We don’t even sleep in the same bed” means “Despite the fact that you have spared me from a lot of abuse and have been here for me every step of the way, I don’t want anyone to think you mean anything to me.” And Charla’s “I don’t like when Dave touches my skin”, delivered in front of everyone at a Pandora’s box means that she can be extremely cruel without provocation.

Maybe Charla is cordial and sensitive. I just don’t see it.

And that's my humble opinion.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-23-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 01:34 AM (EST)

RollDdice, did you see the first few episodes? Especially the one where Charla said she didn't like Dave to touch her? I'm going to list some things that happened:

1) Dave came on, and nobody liked him because he was really obnoxious! Charla was the only person to befriend him. She let him know that they had a "business" relationship and that they would keep eachother safe from elimination whenever possible. If is weren't for Charla, Dave would have been gone right away just like Kavita and Matt.

2) Dave's second week, Dave took a pair of Charla's panties and put them in his pocket. Then he took them out in front of the guys and said, "Oh, how did those get there?" The other guys thought that Dave and Charla were an item. Charla was very upset and got Dave to go to the guys and explain. Dave apologized and Charla forgave him. She continued to keep him as a roommate after this incident.

3) Also in the second week that Dave was at the hotel, Charla told the hotel massage person that she didn't like it when Dave touched her. She said that she thought his toes were gross. Somehow the other girls found out about it (I suspect the producers). The other girls put a question in Pandora's box. Charla was very clear that she did say the things to the massage person and that she was getting to know Dave better, but preferred that he not touch her. She apologized for hurting his feelings, and has apologized a few times since then.

4) Charla knew that Toni and crew were sick of Dave. She could have gotten Matt to pick her and she could have tossed Dave, but she didn't.

Now in regards to this statement:
"Snott, Bo or Alex would rip her clothes off immediately and get down to it, but Dave cares about her."

Charla did throw herself at Scott. She was drunk and she was really after him. He went to bed and she sat on top of him and tried to kiss him. He gently moved her off and told her that she was drunk and needed to go to bed.

And finally (this is a really long post for me!), I think they are perfect friends.

Edited because I am on the West Coast and didn't see this weeks show before this was posted, so I didn't know that they would show Charla throwing herself at Scott. Isn't that strange? I must have some ability to see into the future...

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
I have watched the show from Day 1 and have witnessed and agree with Chrissy Gal.

I also agree to an extent with RollD that Dave is an enabler. The problem is that he's only enabling himself to keep making more of a fool (in love) of himself. Charla could be a lil kinder and gentler with Dave, but in these situations, I honestly think that she's been doing the right thing. She hasn't been mean for the sake of just being mean, she's been aloof and cold when needed to keep Daves feelings in check which in the end, is best for Dave.

09-24-03, 02:17 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 02:50 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 02:30 AM (EST)

Chrissy gal wrote: RollDdice, did you see the first few episodes? Especially the one where Charla said she didn't like Dave to touch her? I'm going to list some things that happened:
>
>1) Dave came on, and nobody liked him because he was really obnoxious! Charla was the only person to befriend him. She let him know that they had a "business" relationship and that they would keep each other safe from elimination whenever possible. If is weren't for Charla, Dave would have been gone right away just like Kavita and Matt.
>
>2) Dave's second week, Dave took a pair of Charla's panties and put them in his pocket. Then he took them out in front of the guys and said, "Oh, how did those get there?" The other guys thought that Dave and Charla were an item. Charla was very upset and got Dave to go to the guys and explain. Dave apologized and Charla forgave him. She continued to keep him as a roommate after this incident.
=============================================

I'm going to stop Chrissy gal's excellent Charla recap there and apologize for being so harsh on Charla. There are three things (at least) that changed my mind-- 1) I did not see those episodes and didn't know this back story, 2) Tonight's episode showed me a different side of Charla and 3) Dave can sometimes be pretty slimy himself and play the wounded dove.

I still contend that Dave is nuts for Charla and she exploits that. Is she deliberately cruel to him at times to keep his sexuality in check or for payback for the "String Panty Incident"? -- I don't know. But we all know that the editing shapes the story.

I don't know why Dave "imploded" tonight and screwed up so badly. It'll be hard to wait for the resolution of the cliffhanger. Let's see what next week brings!

(Edited to tighten up text and conserve space.)

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
I'm glad my super long post helped.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

09-24-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Class of Barbies vs class of originals"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 02:37 AM (EST)

Chrissy gal -

I wouldn't say that I've *completely* turned around on Charla. After all, she has said some nasty things to Dave. But ... you make a good case.

Besides, Charla and Tara are *really* funny together (the chocolate bar "toast" and practicing their walk up the "Stairs of Freedom"). Maybe Fox will give them a sitcom and I can write a few episodes!

(You're up late!)

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Dave & Charla IMHO"
ok guys
ya knows i luvs ya but i must at least offer another way of seeing it.
i have seen several mentions of Charla's treatment of Dave, and while not excused, it's probably somewhat understandable.

1. Yes, she is a little cold and aloof. She's not warm and fuzzy and doesn't know how to say things the right way. Maybe she doesn't have experience handling these "situations". She seems more practical, no-nonsense and not touchy-feely or emotional. She's also not a drama queen, she doesn't like making a big deal out of things. A few times recently she's asked Dave what he's talking about. She doesn't appreciate it how he is very sensitive and overly-analyzing (which I love about him cuz i'm the same) and he doesn't do the best job of explaining what his worries are. She's a little clueless. I guess she's from Mars, and he's from Venus, if you've read those books.

2. I believe that she truly cares for him. She just doesn't feel a romantic connection apparently, or may have been turned off by the way he was in the beginning. I wasn't all that impressed with him then (but still liked him better than the other guys), mostly because he was saying things alot (without thinking?) about the girls. Remember the PB after the kissing game, when he was asked about Kristin kissing him and he said, (not - yes,it was great), no, Dave says "well, i gotta take what i can get". does the poor guy realize what a dig that was? probably not. Granted, he's gotten much better and he's shown us how sincere and understanding he is (like with Holly), but this wasn't obvious at first. Maybe he's grown on her alot - they have cleared up alot of issues.

3. She has a fine line to walk between being best friends and encouraging romance. Even her calling him last time was portrayed by fox and construed by Orig's as some possible romance. And he tells Bo & Lamy WAY TOO MUCH. Way way. I think that she doesn't do more touching/hugging with him because it might lead him on, he might get very encouraged by that, and then everyone would be mad that she was leading him on, so it can be a double-edged sword. So I think that she established early that she wasn't interested and he has been ONLY interested in Her and won't veer from that course.

It makes her clearly uncomfortable how sensitive he is and how much thought he puts into her(plus how anxious and worked up he is over the game). He seems a little paranoid, and she seems apathetic. She's mentioned this recently and I think its hard for her sympathize with that (odd for a girl, huh?). I think she feels pressured and responsible for his emotional well-being and she doesn't like that. **Much like Scott and Holly**

4. Dave is strategizing in this game more than Charla (which i also like him more for), so I don't see how she is using him. And if he didn't have her loyalty, no other girl there would be gunning for Dave, which is a shame, with how well he's been to most of them.

5. EDITING - I think imho that their relationship is edited ALOT. so i can't rush to judgment on this one. for example: do you remember a few eps. ago when they were in the bathroom, she was putting on mascara and dave put his arms out to hug her and he is waiting for a few seconds, scene out...BUT! (i check my tape again) as soon as she is done with mascara, she glances over and finally notices him waiting and turns toward him as if to hug...scene out. it happens pretty quick.

I don't think she's ill-meaning, just insensitive. and she's not handled it the best it could be - a criticism on alot of girls & guys who have to "let em down gently". But still she's far, far better than SCOTT or ZACK. or Holly...
I'd love to hear from Dave someday how he thought of it.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dave & Charla IMHO"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-03 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

I'm going to play Dave in this little scenario because I have been in his spot many times before. I had a friend that was very much like Charla and we had a similar relationship. Based on what I've seen so far, their relationship may very well end up the way our did.

She was my best friend and I hers almost more so than her eventual husband. However, the keyword is "friend". Some of the editing of the show makes it look like there might be hope for the two when there really is not. When you get as close as Dave and Charla are and me and my friend were, the line blurs somewhat but it never blurs so much that the female actually begins to have feelings for the male. The bottom line is that she's not attracted to Dave physically because obviously there is an emotional attraction that keeps the friendship so close. I debunk any theories that she doesn't like being touched or getting close because she definitely tried to get close to some of the other guys at the hotel. I dont fault her for that because for most people there has to be at least an equal amount of physical and emotional attraction for them to want to be with someone and Dave is missing half of that formula.

I think poor Dave is subjecting himself to undue humilation in some sense because he knows the deal but wants to believe that maybe things can change. I dont fault him for that either because if he just accepts defeat completely and gives up here, what's to say that he doesn't just start giving up completely anytime he senses a connection with an attractive girl. In the end, he will find someone that finds him both intelligent, caring and attractive and hopefully he will feel the same but unfortunately that person is not Charla. Since I'm playing the role of Dave in this scenario, I'm going to expect that he will do as I did and realize that the friendship is as important or more so than an actual physical relationship and continue to befriend Charla and be there for her knowing that she could have been "The One" but unfortunately wont be for him.

To Charla, I would just say to remember what a great friend you have there and try to show equal amounts of separation and adoration so that he realizes that you do care for him as a friend. She will always have to be aloof and will sometimes have to be downright mean to keep his emotions in check but there has to be balance also and affection when it's needed to let him know that she's sincere.

MHO

edited to fix my banner...thanks RollD

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dave & Charla IMHO"
I really appreciated your insight. I feel that Charla is pretty mature for her age, which means that she still has some growing and learning to do. After all, she is only 21. I think she is a little self-absorbed, and sometimes a little cold toward Dave. I think she really likes him, as a FRIEND only.

From the woman's perspective, I've been in similar situations, feeling that I liked a guy as a friend but not feeling any sparks. It is a really difficult road to travel, to keep the friendship without hurting the other's feelings or having them feel rejected. Lots of times, it ended with the guy basically disappearing from my life when he finally realized that friendship was all that was going to come of it. It hurt me too each time that happened, because what it felt like was "Your friendship is not important to me." I was also accused sometimes of leading the guy on, which also hurts when what I felt was genuine friendship.

Chemistry is either there or it isn't. Dave can be nice and caring until the cows come home, and Charla is probably never going to feel more for him than friendship. So what's wrong with that? I really hope Charla and Dave can remain friends.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •