The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The River"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-12, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"The River"
Is this just a repeat of something, or should I look at it tomorrow?
I never trust the word "Premiere".

~thank you, nufoonermint

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Note to Self: foonermints 02-08-12 1
 A poll. Max Headroom 02-08-12 2
   Vote #1! foonermints 02-08-12 5
 RE: The River zombiebaby 02-08-12 3
   RE: The River michel 02-08-12 4
       I Think.. foonermints 02-08-12 6
 My take mrc 02-09-12 7
 RE: The River Tummy 02-09-12 8
 Still goofy zombiebaby 02-15-12 9
   RE: Still goofy Tummy 02-15-12 10
 RE: The River trigirl 02-29-12 11
   RE: The River mrc 02-29-12 12
   RE: The River zombiebaby 02-29-12 13
       RE: The River Tummy 03-07-12 14
 Foink! foonermints 03-21-12 15
   RE: Foink! foonermints 03-22-12 16
       RE: Foink! zombiebaby 03-23-12 17
           RE: Foink! foonermints 03-23-12 18
 RE: The River mrc 04-17-12 19
   RE: The River foonermints 04-17-12 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-08-12, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Note to Self:"
Aside from The Blair Witch footage, does anybody ever wash the boat?
And who is coming back from Alcatraz Lost WhutEver! reincarnated as a Vampire Frog? Or Bat? Or whatever?
Beaming in is good, too.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-12, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A poll."
Watch or not? It's on the DVR.

02-08-12, 11:03 PM (EST)
5. "Vote #1!"
Only a meathead with miss something as good as this!

woopsie

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-12, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The River"
This is weird. I was really looking forward to this. So my take on this does not make sense.

It was pretty bad. But? I loved it! Not scary to me, however it was creepy. The monkey with the doll head? Wah! When they were running through the jungle was the doll chasing them?
Big props to whoever thought of a doll tree!

These people are idiots but then again when aren't horror movie`victims?

You've been hotpocketed by the Moon!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-12, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The River"
I agree with your assesment. It had both good and bad. The acting and directing were bad but some of the ideas were interesting.

I missed what made them think of digging out the corpse of the mother in order to save their own mother but seeing her come out of the grave was interesting.

I don't know if I'll stick with it. Anyone knows how it rated?

02-08-12, 11:50 PM (EST)
6. "I Think.."
A "W" for "Waffle".

Off to the Doll Tree

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-12, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My take"
1. I don't like the actor playing the son (Lincoln). He strikes me as a poor man's Sawyer, but too thin and he doesn't speak clearly.

2. The jerky camera was annoying. I understand the premise, but if the entire show's run uses it, I'm not watching. It gave me a headache. The producers should consider using it more sparingly.

3. Like the cameras, the plot jumped around too much. Okay, there's a mystery, but what does that have to do with baby dolls? Were they encountering magic, or was the spirit the same one that attacked them? Wait, it's locked up in that walnut shell and in the river, so we don't have to worry about it again. Dragonfly in girl's mouth=Emmett's spirit? The whole thing was muddled. I would have preferred a bit more back story (ala Lost) before jumping in with so much paranormal activity.

4. My biggest gripe is that it isn't Lost.

Tribefied

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-09-12, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The River"
I. Loved it!

I did not know that the series was going to be shot in the "found footage" genre. Which I don't care for at all. But other than that I loved the episode from the get go.

The flying pod monster? Ack. The dolls? Uber-creepy. The glimpses of the little girl chasing the mother? *shiver And the cliff-hanger of the mark from the talisman on the girl's neck? A little Lost-ish --- yay!

I think there's only 8 episodes so only 6 more to go - I hope it does well and gets picked up for a longer run next year.

02-15-12, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Still goofy"
I'm still watching though. Cameraman AJ will obviously be the new favorite of people still watching.

These people are so stupid it is funny. I would like more of a mythology story rather than the Amazon legend of the week. I did start to like the producer last night. He showed a little bit of depth.

Last night only had one creep factor for me, first look at the natives walking through the camp at night. I thought they were aliens at first. Then once I realized it was just people the rest of the show was not scary.

02-15-12, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Still goofy"
Oh please. You know those leech/worm things was pretty creepy. I still like the show.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-29-12, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The River"
I like it a little more each episode. Although the daughter who only likes to bring bad news and creepy stories is annoying as all heck!

02-29-12, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The River"
Agree. We laugh at her.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

02-29-12, 04:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The River"
Last week was good and this week was even better. It felt like it clicked this week. Not as goofy.

The camera man Jonas(?) reminds me of that guy from that real estate show selling million dollar listings.

03-07-12, 05:46 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The River"
If he'd eaten the dog I would have had to quit watching!

03-21-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
15. "Foink!"
What was this, The Exorcist?

Nobody ever washed the stupid boat, either.

03-22-12, 10:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Foink!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-12 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

Foonermint: Last Man Watching.
The Amazon closes in for more adventure. What exactly WAS that bump leaving the dirty old boat in the water? Dirk Pitt?

Oh well.. I really did like The Doll Tree, or maybe I'm under the influence of Zombies.

03-23-12, 11:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Foink!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-12 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

I liked the doll tree too. I also liked the ghost ship. Overall it was ok the whole series.

They really lost me on the last episode though. I thought the acting was horrendous and the concept was stupid. I liked that they shot Lincoln though and did like the ending shot.

I think I would have rather had this be on in the summer when my expectations where not so high. It was better than Terra Nova though , but not as good as Falling Skies.

Bring back Jericho!

03-23-12, 11:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Foink!"
I have to admit, the acting and screenwriting in Jericho was superior not only to this, but but to Alcatraz and Terra Nova also.

*choke*

What I really like is Colton's intestinal bacteria.

04-17-12, 02:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The River"
Finally watched the finale. I'm pretty disappointed with the series. It had potential, but the acting, writing, and plot were sub-par.

A Slice of Manga

04-17-12, 09:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The River"
So was The Blair Witch camera work and the fact I couldn't care less about any of the characters.

That pretty much leaves The Props.
If that Doll Tree ever comes up on eBaY, hands off! It's mine. I'm replacing the rubber tree in the front yard, I bet it doesn't use much water.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •