The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Once Upon a Time"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2849 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-13-11, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Once Upon a Time"
I am loving it!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Sherrif Graham trigirl 12-13-11 1
 Lost trigirl 01-25-12 2
   RE: Lost Tummy 01-27-12 3
 RE: Once Upon a Time Tummy 03-05-12 4
   RE: Once Upon a Time CTgirl 03-05-12 5
 Lost References trigirl 03-06-12 6
   RE: Lost References CTgirl 03-06-12 7
       RE: Lost References CTgirl 03-07-12 8
 RE: Once Upon a Time Tummy 04-24-12 9
   RE: Once Upon a Time CTgirl 04-24-12 10
       RE: Once Upon a Time byoffer 04-24-12 11
       RE: Once Upon a Time Tummy 04-30-12 12
           RE: Once Upon a Time CTgirl 04-30-12 13
           RE: Once Upon a Time byoffer 04-30-12 14
           RE: Once Upon a Time trigirl 05-01-12 15
 Finale CTgirl 05-14-12 16
   RE: Finale byoffer 05-14-12 17
       RE: Finale Snidget 05-15-12 18
 New season! moonbaby 10-01-12 19
   RE: New season! CTgirl 10-01-12 20
   RE: New season! KwietOne 10-03-12 21
   RE: New season! byoffer 12-03-12 22
       RE: New season! CTgirl 12-03-12 23
           Ditto! moonbaby 12-03-12 24
               RE: Ditto! CTgirl 12-03-12 25
 I forgot this was on again! moonbaby 02-01-13 26
 Still watching? moonbaby 03-26-13 27
   RE: Still watching? CTgirl 03-26-13 28
   RE: Still watching? byoffer 03-27-13 29
 Season 3 CTgirl 09-30-13 30
   RE: Season 3 Snidget 09-30-13 31
       RE: Season 3 Sunny_Bunny 11-09-13 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-13-11, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Sherrif Graham"
Darn you Regina! You have taken away all our eye candy!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-25-12, 05:35 PM (EST)
2. "Lost"
I am loving all the LOST references.

This week was 7:15 for the time that Mary and David meet in the morning. She was also reading "the Mysterious Island" while waiting.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-27-12, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lost"
I love that you're picking all of that up. I never noticed. It'd probably have to be a polar bear walking down the street for me to notice.

I wish the Lost guys would come out and explain each prop - as they said each prop had a meaning or was a clue.

03-05-12, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
Pretty sure this is my favorite series on tv right now.

CTgirl 7086 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-12, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
I have them all on my DVR and starting watching them last week. I LOVE THIS SHOW! It is so nice to be able to watch 2 or 3 at a time because I am so into it!

03-06-12, 11:47 AM (EST)
6. "Lost References"
Some I have caught:

- Regina lives at 108
- Clocktower was stuck at 8:15
- Apollo candy bar!
- McCutcheon Whiskey
- Lead character is Emma Swan

I missed the Geronimo Jackson bumper sticker though! Look at all the references other keeners have found!

03-06-12, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lost References"
Thanks for that link - so many cool tributes to Lost! I didn't realize that the producers were the same for the two shows until I read this article.

I watched two more episodes last night. I am going to be so sad when I finally catch up and have no more left to watch!

03-07-12, 00:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Lost References"
I meant to add this in my original post, from the link above:

Both producers are Lost alums, and they've incorporated some tropes from that iconic show into their latest fantasy series, including flashbacks — using new takes on old tales to reveal backstories for the characters. But Once Upon a Time is fundamentally a more warmhearted, family-friendly project than Lost. "From the start, we wanted to write a show about hope," says Horowitz, "And that quest for wish fulfillment is at the core of every fairy tale we do." Kitsis seconds the thought. "If Lost was about fathers and sons and redemption, this show is about mothers and daughters and hope."

04-24-12, 10:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
I was so wrong about who August was. I really thought he was a Brothers Grimm.

04-24-12, 01:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
We don't really know who he is yet except from the promo that he is a character in a fairy tale (talking to Emma). He is different in that he knows who he is and the rest don't. What fairy tale character (has a bad leg?) and is about to die?

I LOVE this show - and only 3 shows left this season!

byoffer 15869 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-12, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
With the magic bean I guess they were hinting at Jack (of beanstock fame). But that was the son, and apparently he is not the son.

He is an imposter, trying to steal power. Maybe Puss in Boots?? Is the injury/illness his main characteristic?

I've got nothing. But still enjoying!!

04-30-12, 12:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
Maybe I saw a different promo but I totally knew he was Pinnochio before the episode aired last night. And I wasn't happy about it.

04-30-12, 01:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
Didn't like the idea either but I did like the scene in his dad's workshop in Storybrooke.

04-30-12, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
I'm curious as to why you didn't like the use of Pinnochio? I thought they pulled enough from the fairy tale to link it, and it seemed to work for me.

I loved when Snow told off the mayor, and as indicated the scene with Pinnochio reconnecting with his dad was nice.

05-01-12, 06:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Once Upon a Time"
At first I wasn't happy with Pinnochio, but I kinda did like the way they did it.

BTW, did you see the Oceanic Air plane fly overhead as Pinnochio arrived in our realm?

05-14-12, 08:53 AM (EST)
16. "Finale"
I thought the finale was wonderful! I had been wondering where they were going to take the story for year 2 and thought the ending was perfect with all the fairy tale people stuck in Storeybrook.

Waking Henry with a kiss was such a cliche but I loved it!

Lana Parilla should be nominated for an Emmy. It's hard to love such an evil character and she plays the Evil Queen perfectly.

I love this show and will miss it!!

Cap'ns Cropfest 2010

05-14-12, 10:58 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Finale"
Great show, and great finale. I hope they come back for another season.

I agree that the Evil Queen was great. I liked most fo the casting.

Snidget 44210 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-12, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finale"
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/2012-13-season-scorecard/ has it as renewed for next season.

moonbaby 17051 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-12, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "New season!"
Well huh. I was totally satisfied with the marathon viewing of episodes up to this season. But last night I was uneasy with where this is going. I get it, he WILL find you. No matter where. Thing is, I don't much like the charming dude and really, watching more of this show will hinge on just how much of him I have to endure. I am starting to prefer Rumple-even Grumpy. Bring back the Huntsman!

10-01-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: New season!"
I like Charming but he is no where as good an actor as the Evil Queen, Rumple and Emma (or even Henry!).

I loved the opening. Waiting to find out who the mystery man is is going to drive me nuts! I was totally satisfied with where the show is going this year. I am a little worried about sophomore slump (I was a little bored with Aurora and Phillip and kept wanting the show to get back to Storeybrooke) but still loved every second of it. I was so disappointed when the hour was over.

I loved the Wizard of Oz tribute at the end too.

Ditto: Bring back the huntsman!!

KwietOne 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-03-12, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New season!"
I'm liking the introduction of Mulan. I was reading up a bit on her character. Apparently, there are 2 stories about her. The first based on a book called China Doll where a British prince whisks her away to the west for a better life. The more common story is when Mulan disguises herself as a man, so that she could go fight in a war rather than her father. It looks like OUAT is taking the China Doll route.

Oh, and did you also know the actress playing Mulan was from the Real World season in San Diego. I knew I recognized her from somewhere.

I'm also wondering if that new character in the first few minutes is Captain Hook?

It'll be interesting to see how Emma deals with fairy land.

So, did the queen get back her power once Snow and Emma fell into fairy land or is it something she can use within her house? I noticed she couldn't use it outside.

12-03-12, 12:25 PM (EST)
22. "RE: New season!"
I am curious to know who is still watching, and what comments y'all might have about Season 2.

- do we like the portal jumping?
- Is Hook a good addition? (for the record, he is not what I visualize for Captain Hook)
- Are we setting up for a battle of magic between Regina and Cora?
- Are there too many characters at play?

I am still watching and enjoying, but will admit to enjoying last season more when each show tended to be centred around a specific fairy tale. This season seems to be much more of a mash-up of very many fairy tales.

12-03-12, 01:36 PM (EST)
23. "RE: New season!"
I am still watching and it is my favorite show on TV. One of the few I watch when it airs instead of waiting to watch on the DVR. I thought the mid-season finale was fantastic. Thoroughly loved it!

That said, I think some of the earlier shows this season lacked in comparison to last year. I too like the fairy tale centric story-telling. The past two episodes more than made up for it though! I liked the portal jumping but think that that method has run its course. I am glad everyone will be together in Storybrook for the second half of the season.

I like Hook - he's cute and has an Irish accent, what's not to like? I think he will be a good addition. Cora will become the truly evil one, Gold and Regina will be ambiguous and Hook is a free agent. Absolutely we are setting up a war between Cora and Regina - can't wait!!

Can't decide if there are too many characters. For instance, I came to like Aurora and wish we would see her again (Mulan is too wooden, I don't care if she's written out).

I would love for Once to get a multi-year contract like they did with Lost so they could plot everything out. You know Regina will get redeemed but that seems like it should be in the last year to close out the show.

Agman Christmas 2010

12-03-12, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Ditto!"
What you said, 100% about everything,LOL! I am hooked on this show, thank you again.

Wondering how much more magic ability Emma has that she has yet to discover. That could be tons of fun to explore.

Cora creeps me out. When she got all seductive with Hook I was repulsed. Too funny that she was the Queen of Hearts. Ew.

Note to Hook: take it easy on the guyliner. You're no Jack Sparrow.

Charming is growing on me. Never thought I'd say that!

Enough with the dwarves. We need more Dr. Hopper, he is nerdily appealing. And the hat guy. Mad Hatter. Whatever happened to him and his daughter anyway?

Last of all a quick question: has the leave Storybrook lose your memories curse been lifted yet? I lost track of that.

12-03-12, 06:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ditto!"
I am so glad you still lvoe it! I actually thought of you last night and was wondering (and hoping) that you were watching it!

Emma could turn out to be the most powerful magician of all! Cora creeps me out too. You love to hate her and even more than Regina - like mother, like daughter, LOL. Barbara Hershey is great and I went ew with the seductive thing too (I bet Hook wanted to recoil from her!) I don't mind Charming, but he isn't really growing on me though.

The Storybrook lose your memory curse has not been lifted so only Emma, Henry and Pinocchio can leave and Gold wants to find his son so I wonder if Gold will call in his favor with Emma and have her help him find him. I really don't want Henry's father to be Rumpelstiltskin's son!!

6 weeks until its back!

02-01-13, 11:56 AM (EST)
26. "I forgot this was on again!"
Catching up on the web, what a treat to watch a couple of episodes back to back

03-26-13, 02:34 PM (EST)
27. "Still watching?"
There's a new evil woman in town armed with a taser! Can't wait for her to face off with Mr. Gold, dearie.

Too bad the all growed up Pinocchio was returned to his little boy self. He's gone, Hook is gone (where did he go?), the old police chief gone...we're losing the nice looking guys on this show left and right!

03-26-13, 03:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Still watching?"
I'm still watching! I was a little disappointed in Sunday's episode but thought the 3-4 before that were fantastic. They had me totally enthralled.

I really didn't like that Pinocchio is a little boy again. I guess it makes sense, but I liked August a lot! (And the sheriff too!!) I am pretty sure that Hook is still around and will be around next year too, thank goodness!!

I don't like Tamara that much. She isn't in the love to hate category yet. And that taser? was a little much!

03-27-13, 10:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Still watching?"
I'm still watching and enjoying it. Not sure I like taser-woman - what fairy tale had tasers?

I like the story about the man coming back to Storybrook looking for his dad who disappeared there when he was a boy. That should be an interesting story.

09-30-13, 08:53 PM (EST)
30. "Season 3"
I loved the shout out to Lost as Henry was born at 8:15! And when Emma was doing her pull-ups, it reminded me of Lost again. Was it Desmond or Jack who did that in the Swan station?

I thought it was a great premiere. The peripheral characters on Once are fun, but I liked seeing just the core group enter Neverland. And seeing them fight vs. work together is a nice twist this season.

Snidget 44210 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-13, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Season 3"
Speaking of lost, I wasn't that interested in the spin off OUATinWonderland until I spotted Naveen Andrews in one of the previews.

Sunny_Bunny 5594 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-13, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Season 3"
I love the original, and I have given Wonderland a chance, but the ONLY good thing about it is Naveen as Jafar. lol, they should scrap the spin-off and send him over to the original. Frankly, I think he could give Rumple and Regina a run for their money!

Sleigh bells are ringing at work. Kill me. Kill me now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •