The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
For all of you who had to wait. Especially Max.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... Max Headroom 04-13-11 1
   RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... samboohoo 04-13-11 2
 Episode 1 - Expectations samboohoo 04-23-11 3
   RE: Episode 1 - Expectations Max Headroom 04-24-11 4
       RE: Episode 1 - Expectations samboohoo 04-26-11 5
       RE: Episode 1 - Expectations samboohoo 04-27-11 6
 Psssst! Max Headroom 04-27-11 7
   RE: Psssst! samboohoo 05-02-11 8
 *toots horn* Paging Boo! Max Headroom 05-18-11 9
   RE: *toots horn* Paging Boo! Puffy 05-19-11 10
   RE: *toots horn* Paging Boo! samboohoo 05-24-11 11
   I forgot samboohoo 05-25-11 12
       RE: I forgot weltek 06-13-11 13
           RE: I forgot Max Headroom 06-13-11 14
 RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... emydi 07-15-11 15
   RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... Max Headroom 07-15-11 16
   RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... samboohoo 07-15-11 17
 RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... susang 07-16-11 18
   RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Sea... samboohoo 07-18-11 22
 Finale Puffy 07-18-11 19
   RE: Finale samboohoo 07-18-11 21
 Two episodes down, three left on th... Max Headroom 07-18-11 20
 All caught up! Max Headroom 07-25-11 23
   RE: All caught up! samboohoo 07-26-11 24
 Didn't like... newsomewayne 08-10-11 25
   RE: Didn't like... samboohoo 08-17-11 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-11, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
Are you going to watch the episodes again, or do you just have a really good memory?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-13-11, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
I will watch again. I still haven't deleted the Finale from my DVR. I watch bits and pieces of it here and there.

I'm currently in the middle of Season 1 as I work out on our eliptical (working on my beach body ). I have 1 and 2 on DVD and will need to purchase the rest.

04-23-11, 07:18 PM (EST)
3. "Episode 1 - Expectations"
So while technically I am ahead because I've seen Season 5 on DirecTV, I'm behind on the NBC version.

Tim: So sad to see him in prison. The "white" uniforms make it look more like a psych ward to me. I don't want to think about what is happening to him behind bars. Such sadness there. He seems so hard.

Billy: Where do I start with him? He certainly is trying to turn his life around. He's found God. He needs to be around a man like Coach. LMAO at his quote.

Becky: I thought her dad was gone for good last year. What a life. And now she is turning to Billy and Mindy for help.

I really can't see Tami & Eric not driving Julie to college. I don't get it at all. I love Eric's reaction to everything. I love that they played one last game of ping pong.

I was confused the first time I watched it because I thought Buddy had bought the rib joint, but now we see Buddy has a bar. Interesting. I think Jess' dad needs to hurry home.

Landry got a great goodbye. Loved the scene with Grandma Saracen. And her having his band on her MP3.

04-24-11, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 1 - Expectations"

Rock on, Landry!

This episode was definitely a "new season introduction" episode-- show us some new characters, say goodbye to some old characters. I'll miss Landry. I also liked the scene where he said goodbye to Grandma Saracen.

I'm not sure what to think of the new basketball star being persuaded to join the football team. This looks like a major plotline for the season.

Not buying that Tami Taylor would be kicked out as Dillon High principal after the abortion clinic episode, yet the school board would allow her to be a counselor at East Dillon. Hopefully this will be the only gaping hole in the storylines for this season.

Becky's life sure has gone downhill. The irony of Becky arriving at Billy Riggins' house is not lost on me... Loved the startled/irritated reaction by Billy's wife too.

I need one of these.

04-26-11, 10:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 1 - Expectations"
LOL. I am also watching Season 1, and Landry just started tutoring Tim, and Time went to the first Crucifictorius concert.

04-27-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 1 - Expectations"
I forgot to agree with you about Tami becoming the counselor at East Dillon - especially since Luke and Becky are there, and they were at the heart of the issue.

04-27-11, 03:25 PM (EST)
7. "Psssst!"
*nudges Boo*

You know, some of us are caught up on their TiVo and have seen episode 2 too.

05-02-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Psssst!"
Well, get to posting.

05-18-11, 03:38 PM (EST)
9. "*toots horn* Paging Boo!"
I've watched a couple of episodes recently, and I think there's one more unwatched one left on the TiVo. That makes it time for me to post some random thoughts...

- Overall I've found the first four episodes to be a bit slow.

- What's up with the Julie storylines? Every other student who graduated from high school has exited the cast-- Jason Street, Tim Riggins, Landry Clark, Tyra Collette, etc. I guess Aimee Teegarden needs the money.

- The storyline of Vince's father getting out of jail is slogging along with no resolution in sight. If the goal is to show several uncomfortable scenes in every episode, they're meeting it quite well.

- Having Jess become the football equipment manager is unrealistic. I realize that women now have access to locker rooms for professional athletes, but I doubt that's very likely to happen at the high school level. As someone who was a student football trainer in high school and college, all of these scenes seem forced and artificial to me.

- After not liking the plot development which made Tami a counselor at East Dillon, I like watching Tami struggle to change the school culture.

- The jury is still out on the plotline of Buddy Garrity opening a bar, but I like the dramatic possibilities of Buddy Jr.'s return to Dillon. I just hope his football tryout doesn't turn into a stock "kid comes out of nowhere to become a football here" storyline.

- I like the plotlines of Becky staying at Billy Riggins' house. Given her alternatives, I understand Becky's frustration and unhappiness.

- I miss Grandma Saracen.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: *toots horn* Paging Boo!"
I agree with your points. So much does not seem realistic. Jess as equipment manager is wrong. The team not being chaperoned after their bus trip and big win in that other city is wrong. It seems like the teams is drinking after every game. Is nobody suspended from play for that? Vince all of a sudden including his dad doesn't make sense. I also like Tami trying to change the school and the teachers, witht the teachers rebelling.

Buddy Jr. looks just like his dad.

05-24-11, 08:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: *toots horn* Paging Boo!"
Sorry Max. I am actually behind - even though technically I'm ahead of you.

One thing I will say, and I've said this for a while. I really wish they had known they would have a full five year. Remember that they have to wrap up the series, so some of the stories are going to be odd or fast paced in order to get to the finale.

Julie: I'm not wild about the Julie storyline, but her parents are a huge part of the show, thus she has to be. One of the things I find most interesting is that Tami and Eric are so focussed on other kids' lives that their own daughter's life is such a mess. It's kind of ironic.

I don't get why they have never been to the college, why they didn't drive her, meet her roommate, etc. I don't like the TA storyline, and I don't see any chemistry with her and the TA.

Vince's dad. I love the angry Vince. This story has a lot of potential.

Jess. I like her as equipment manager better than as a cheerleader. I just finished the episode with her getting drunk at the party and fighting with Maura in the bathroom. I don't like Jess not having her father there. I was wrestling manager in high school and washed uniforms - jock straps and all. Ewww.

The Tami storyline is the one I find most unrealistic. I think I mentioned this earlier. She is now the counselor at the school where Luke & Becky both attend? I don't think she can just fix everything. I do think that school needs the counselor, I just don't see her fixing everything.

Love Buddy Jr. I agree with Puffy about him looking like Buddy.

05-25-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
12. "I forgot"
I was bummed that we didn't really get a wrap-up for Wade Aikman, Joe and JD. I guess Mack finally got his shot at being Panthers head coach, but it would have been nice to see it mentioned.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I forgot"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-11 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Have you read the FNL book? I picked it up at the used book store awhile ago and just started it.

ETA: I thought of you during the Super 8 movie. Kyle Chandler in a sherrifs uniform. I thought you'd enjoy.

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-13-11, 02:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I forgot"
I've read the FNL book-- thought it was an interesting read, though quite different from the movie and TV show.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-11, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
WOOT FNL Finally got a best drama Emmy Nom along with writing, and acting for both Connie and Kyle...Let's hope!

I have to dvr the finale tonite to cry again OMH it was so good!!!

07-15-11, 12:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
Not counting tonight's finale, I have four unwatched FNL episodes on the TiVo. Hopefully I'll have time to catch up soon.

07-15-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
I still have it from the 101 Network and have watched it more than once. Several scenes I've watched several times. I think Kyle should win the Emmy based on this episode alone - particularly his scene with Matt in his office.

I haven't looked yet to see how NBC did the timing of the Finale. It was about an hour, ten on the 101.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-16-11, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
Julie getting married at 18? Way too young.

07-18-11, 10:17 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season - NBC Thread"
I wonder if they actually did get married. I will have to go back and look for a ring. I assumed they did based on their plan, but I'm hoping they are just living together for now. One would think Eric & Tami wouldn't allow that, but they seemed to have given in a lot where Julie was concerned.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-11, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Finale"
What a series! What an episode! Excellent way to give a decent ending to a series, for a change. It was well-written. I especially loved the last 10 minutes. I hope to see repeats somewhere, starting from the beginning. I saw that the series starts over again on a channel that I don't receive.

07-18-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Finale"
I think it's ESPN. They were showing the first one last week.

I have
seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I just finished 1 (for the third time) and am onto 2 (for the second time). I need to get the other seasons. I like to watch them while I work out at the house.

07-18-11, 08:23 AM (EST)
20. "Two episodes down, three left on the TiVo."
And then I'll have my final opinion of this season.

07-25-11, 02:37 PM (EST)
23. "All caught up!"
The finale was a nice ending to an excellent series.

07-26-11, 12:06 PM (EST)
24. "RE: All caught up!"
Agree, although they are not East Coast People!

Loved not knowing who won the game until you either saw the banner coming down or saw the rings. Wish we knew who caught the darn ball.

Didn't love Luke going to the service, although I think I liked Luke & Becky together.

Loved Tinker making the team. Loved Billy, Crowley and the other coach as Panthers' coaches. Don't like not knowing what happened to Mack.

Love Buddy as a panther.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-11, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Didn't like..."
If there was one major arc I didn't like, it was the "recruitment" of Vince.

Vince was a junior, therefore he had a year and a half to make his school choice - until post-Season 6, had there been one.

With the gaudy stats he put up his junior season and a state title ring on his hand, he would have hundreds of schools chasing him before his senior season ever started. Yet the show made it seem he had only a couple chances to get into school. With his talent, Not a chance.

And for the school that passed on him (I can't remember the name of it) and helped his dad start to go off the deep end, their actions were ludicrous. It's recruitment, not the NFL draft. And it's a verbal commitment, not a signed-in-blood contract. And it's not even for this year's signing class. I say all that to say this. The school leaked to Vince that they wanted one hot shot QB in next year's class and it would be him or one other kid, whoever said yes first. This is crap on so many EVERY level. The school would sign the top 5 hot shot QBs if they could, if for no other reason than that nobody else gets them. Also, a year+ away, there is no way they've narrowed AND limited their offers to one of two QBs. Plus, the school isn't stupid. They know these kids change their minds more often than they change their underwear. There is no way they are going to tick off one recruit by taking away an offer just because another "says" he's coming to that school in a year and a half. And finally, in regards to signing multiple QBs, another reason to take them both if you can is because you have no idea how your first choice will pan out - get's hurt, can't learn the system, flunks out of school, etc. Why would you not want an equal player as his backup already in place?

So, did story arc to you really tick you off in regards to being unrealistic?

08-17-11, 09:52 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Didn't like..."
Yes, I didn't really like it either. It reminded me a little of Season 1 when Smash was a junior and was trying to make "The List." Then he starting shooting up in order to make the list, etc. I think they obviously couldn't do that, and they were trying to do something different - especially to integrate his father.

I didn't like any of his father's storyline at all. Well, except for the part where he beat the crap out of the guy that had given Vince the money.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •