The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-09, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"
Comment on ABC's fictionalized version of the future...

Yup, it's an Agman creation!
"...About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives. So have at it." - Ray LaHood - Nobama's Secretary of Transportation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler... RudyRules 06-02-09 1
   RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler... PepeLePew13 06-03-09 3
       RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler... RudyRules 06-04-09 6
 Nah. Estee 06-02-09 2
 RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler... dabo 06-03-09 4
 Moved here from OT IceCat 06-03-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-02-09, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"
It looks like all heck is gonna break loose if we don't do something to stop global warming...

IMHO...
What a bunch of hooey.
The earth has actually been cooling for the last decade, and it is becoming increasingly clear that the vast majority of any climate change (warmer OR cooler) is due to natural cycles, not to man.

There is a good chance that our future in 2100 (and actually significantly sooner) will be as bleak as is predicted, but for very different reasons than those stated in this propaganda piece...
If we keep spending trillions of dollars we do not have, the American economy will collapse. It is vital that we re-energize our economy by cutting government spending, drilling for more oil, build more refineries, use clean coal technology, not penalize Americans with huge tax increases under a "cap and trade" carbon scheme that will do nothing to change the climate for the good or bad and cost the average household thousands of dollars a year in higher energy costs.
I have nothing against "green" power... we should build lots more nuclear plants and use wind, geothermal, hydro, etc... where practical. But we also need to make use of America's vast supply of coal and untapped oil and gas reserves.

/slight shift in topic/
They just started a project down the street from me under the American Recovery and reinvestment act that will pave a rail trail (currently gravel/dirt) so that bikes may use it more easily instead of fixing some truly crumbling roads. What a waste of taxpayer money. I have nothing against bike paths, but this is a very rural area... this path will be sparsely used and certainly not used to transport people to work. My complaint is that we need to fix vital infrastructure first, and if there is $$$ left over, we can look at bike paths (BTW this path is used as is and really is in pretty decent shape).

"...About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives. So have at it." - Ray LaHood - Nobama's Secretary of Transportation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-09, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"

>If we keep spending trillions of
>dollars we do not have,
>the American economy will collapse.

Yes! So let's stop blowing things up or chasing imaginary WMDs overseas and let's focus on spending right in the good ol' USA. Oh, wait. Gazillions have already been spent barking up mostly up the wrong trees, so there's only so much money left to be gobbled up in bailouts because the economy started to tank under the Bush administration.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

06-04-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"
We shouldn't have done any of those bailouts.
We could debate the relative merits of the Iraq war, etc... but the fact is, if Obama gets his way (and so far he is) he will produce more debt than all other U.S. Presidents combined.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-09, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Nah."
Comment on ABC's fictionalized version of the future...

Now why would I do that when I can watch you comment on your fictionalized version of the present?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-09, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Earth 2100 - East Coast spoiler thread"
Oh, that's what that was, caught a bit of it flipping channels. Wonder how many of those buildings would take flight if a tornado hit?

SMILES ARE FREE

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-09, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Moved here from OT"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •