The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Own Worst Enemy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-08, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Own Worst Enemy"
Premiered tonight, and I am a Christian Slater fan so I had to watch it. What did you think? Without giving anything away all I can say is I found it entertaining enough to check out again.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy Asrai 10-13-08 1
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy Loree 10-14-08 2
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy Ahtumbreez 10-14-08 3
   RE: My Own Worst Enemy Glow 10-22-08 9
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy KwietOne 10-14-08 4
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy grit 10-17-08 5
 RE: My Own Worst Enemy grit 10-21-08 6
   RE: My Own Worst Enemy KwietOne 10-22-08 7
       RE: My Own Worst Enemy grit 10-22-08 8
           RE: My Own Worst Enemy Ahtumbreez 10-22-08 10
               RE: My Own Worst Enemy dragonflies 10-27-08 11
 10/27 episode-no spoliers moonbaby 10-28-08 12
   RE: 10/27 episode- KwietOne 10-29-08 13
       Yes moonbaby 10-30-08 14
           RE: Yes dragonflies 11-03-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
I have to admit, I had no desire to get sucked into any new TV shows. Friction with the wife, ya know?!! However, I caught a small part of it and immediately DVR'd it and really liked it. I plan on watching again! Besides, I love the Camaro! Hot car, baby!!

Face time with Slice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
DH and I both watched it. We liked it enough to tune in next week.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-08, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Having loved Christian Slater since Heathers I had to watch! I really liked it. And I'll watch again. Favorite line "driving a car is not like driving a wife" *snort

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Heathers is one of my favorite movies to quote.

I like this show. I can't say for sure if I'd continue to watch if CS wasn't on it though.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-14-08, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
I gave Life a chance, and I liked it.

I gave this show a chance, and gosh darn it; I liked it! I think of the Bourne series.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-17-08, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Originally I wasn’t going to watch it for two reasons – I didn’t want to get hooked on another show and I was irritated because NBC really promoted the show to death. But my curiosity got the better of me and I taped it. I finally watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It looks like Monday nights belong to NBC in the grit household…

moonbaby magnificence!

10-21-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Okay, I have a question. I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere in the first 2 episodes. What is the purpose of creating a split personality for Edward for the times that he isn't on an assignment? Why can't he just be Edward, hanging around his apartment, going on vacation, etc.? Why does he have to be Henry with a wife and kids?

I can look past this plot flaw and still enjoy the show but I was just wondering if there's a deeper meaning for doing this.

I got sliced!

10-22-08, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Maybe the wife is a spy.

10-22-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
8. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
That would explain why she's not the least bit suspicious that Henry is suddenly a much better lover and knows about the hummingbird...

I got sliced!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
Had the same thought, and no they haven't explained it, just said it was an experiment.

Admit it, how many of you googled hummingbird last night? Google trends says alot did

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-08, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My Own Worst Enemy"
I have wondered the same thing, about the split personality,a nd about the hummingbird.

I DVR'd both weeks, and finally had a chance to watch them this weekend. I think I'm hooked.

Of course the last few shows I've gotten hooked on were cancelled mid season. *sigh*

Thanks Agman!

10-28-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "10/27 episode-no spoliers"
If you haven't watched I won't get specific, but last night's episode was the best one so far, IMHO. I'm so glad there's something worth watching on these days with Heroes so disappointing!

10-29-08, 07:46 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 10/27 episode-"
The woman that killed Spivey; was that Edward/Henry's therapist?

Did the Asian woman kill Tom?

10-30-08, 10:47 AM (EST)
14. "Yes"
that is Henry's therapist (Skinner?)but she didn't kill Spivey. Spivey is Henry. She killed the alleged FBI agent who I think was actually from Janus(?). It seems he had instructions to take out Henry if Henry had gone bad. As to who the therapist really is, it's anyone's guess. CIA? I laughed out loud when it turned out she was the one who saved Henry's life. I thought it was going to be Mavis (Edward's boss). Excellent surprise there!

I thought the woman going after Tom/Raymond was in the previews for next week? I don't remember the sequence of events there, maybe I'm wrong. She can't kill him-he's a main character

One little picky point about the episode. If anyone who wrote for the show ever had a broken refrigerator you'd never know it-usually you keep all the food in it and try not to open the doors so nothing spoils until the repairman comes. Why was all their stuff splayed out on the counter? I didn't get that.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Yes"
I loved how Henry interacted with the bad guy who ended up saving him anyway. But it frustrates me that they don't have memories of the conversation of the other one.

I agree, Tom can't die.

manga'd by Slicey

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •