The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chuck - Season Two"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-08, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chuck - Season Two"
I swear, this show is my non-pharmaceutical anti-depressant. I've been in a horrible mood for the past week and tonight I smiled and laughed for an hour.

This premier lived up to the first season of this show. I love the secondary characters as much as the primary - well I do love Casey a "little" more than anyone else, but.

The comedic writing and acting in this show is superb!

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Max Headroom 09-30-08 1
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 09-30-08 2
 RE: Chuck - Season Two LostAddict 09-30-08 3
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 09-30-08 5
 RE: Chuck - Season Two skeetergirl87 09-30-08 4
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Femme 10-07-08 6
 RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 10-08-08 7
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Max Headroom 10-08-08 8
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 10-08-08 9
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Glow 10-17-08 10
 RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 10-17-08 11
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 10-18-08 12
       RE: Chuck - Season Two newsomewayne 10-21-08 13
           RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 10-22-08 14
 RE: Chuck - Season Two skeetergirl87 10-30-08 15
   RE: Chuck - Season Two newsomewayne 10-30-08 16
   RE: Chuck - Season Two LostAddict 10-30-08 17
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 11-11-08 18
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 12-16-08 19
   RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 12-16-08 20
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Max Headroom 12-17-08 21
       RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 12-18-08 22
       RE: Chuck - Season Two newsomewayne 12-22-08 23
           RE: Chuck - Season Two Glow 01-06-09 24
           RE: Chuck - Season Two newsomewayne 03-10-09 29
 Chuck in 3D newsomewayne 01-30-09 25
   RE: Chuck in 3D Max Headroom 01-30-09 26
       RE: Chuck in 3D Ahtumbreez 02-01-09 27
           RE: Chuck in 3D Max Headroom 02-02-09 28
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 03-24-09 30
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Max Headroom 03-24-09 31
       RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 03-25-09 32
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 04-18-09 33
 RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 04-20-09 34
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Glow 04-21-09 35
       RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 04-21-09 36
           RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 04-21-09 37
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Max Headroom 04-22-09 38
       RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 04-23-09 39
 RE: Chuck - Season Two sittem 04-23-09 40
   RE: Chuck - Season Two Ahtumbreez 04-24-09 41
 Subway save Chuck campaign Ahtumbreez 04-24-09 42
   RE: Subway save Chuck campaign pinksparkleguitar 04-24-09 43
   RE: Subway save Chuck campaign Glow 04-27-09 44
   RE: Subway save Chuck campaign Ahtumbreez 04-27-09 45
 Chuck - Season finale newsomewayne 05-01-09 46
   RE: Chuck - Season finale Starshine 06-14-09 52
 Renewal?? sittem 05-04-09 47
   RE: Renewal?? sittem 05-16-09 48
 RENEWED!! sittem 05-18-09 49
   RE: RENEWED!! Max Headroom 05-18-09 50
   RE: RENEWED!! Ahtumbreez 05-18-09 51
  Chuck - Season Four Tummy 09-23-10 53
   RE: Chuck - Season Four grit 09-23-10 54
       RE: Chuck - Season Four Tummy 09-29-10 55
           RE: Chuck - Season Four grit 10-20-10 57
   RE: Chuck - Season Four sittem 10-19-10 56
 RE: Chuck - Season Two grit 11-16-10 58
 RE: Chuck - Season Two Tummy 02-22-11 59
 Chuck - Series Finale newsomewayne 02-02-12 60
   RE: Chuck - Series Finale weltek 02-07-12 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Agree, that premiere episode was a hoot. The writers do an excellent job of balancing the silliness and the serious. And that final sequence with "Fulcrum thanks you" showing on the screen as the cipher self-destructs... was priceless.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-30-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
My favorite .02 second spot was the very end when Chuck is telling Casey that Lester(?I think) was going to eat 90 Twinkies, and Casey had that "you're an imbecile" look on his face, until Morgan yelled "he's going to die!" It's worrisome that I'm all about the guy that's all about pain and death *snort.

Have I said how much I love this show

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-30-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I'm with you all. This show is friggin' awesome! I love it!! So funny, yet so serious at points.

Charles Charmicle. LOL. And the goons feel for it.

And Casey having a heart. That was great.

And still no kiss for Chuck. Poor boy.

09-30-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I loved when Casey was target practicing and Reagan's picture swung down. *snort You would have thought it would be Truman.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-08, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I love this show too, and am so excited that it's back on! I love all of the characters - especially Casey and the looney gang at Buy More.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-07-08, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I'm so happy it isn't sucking. I wanted to try all these new shows this season, but this one feels like an old familiar, and one of the few that's gotten me excited enough to watch the actual night it airs. That's a big deal in our house.

I kinda like that Chuck's gotten a little cockier, too. That's a nice change. I wish Captain Awesome were a little more ridiculously awesome, though, like he used to be. He's sorta sweet, but I want him to be sillier.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-08-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Younger daughter and I adore this show. We tried to get DH to watch it last year and for some reason he just doesn't like it. Too bad, his loss. We loved Adam Baldwin as Jane on Firefly - he's a hoot!

moonbaby magnificence!

10-08-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"

"Now get me some manager-only donuts. NOW!"

10-08-08, 06:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I love when he saw the "new assman sign" and said "I ain't new".

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I love this show. I don't really have anything to say about it right now (other than I love the characters and the writing) I just felt like bumping the thread.

10-17-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I really hope they recruit Anna. I would love to see her dump Morgan and end up in a relationship with Casey...

moonbaby magnificence!

10-18-08, 09:05 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Ewww. Really? I would never put those two together. I like Morgan having Anna as a girlfriend.

Surfin' Safari with Tribe

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Maybe they could have Anna dump Morgan and get with Sarah!

Fear the reaper.

10-22-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
*smack

Go watch House for your girl-on-girl smut and leave my good clean Chuck alone!

Surfin' Safari with Tribe

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Have I said that I love this show? I love Agent Casey and Morgan and all of the idiots at Buy More. And, I love that they still have a theme song and introduction. Hardly any shows have an intro and I kind of miss that - I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

I hope they don't ruin the show and I hope that NBC keeps it.

10-30-08, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I love the theme music. I can't describe how, but it just so fits the style of the show.

Fear the reaper.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-30-08, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I agree with you two. The theme music makes the show. It's so spy-y. love it.

11-11-08, 11:12 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Ok, I admit it, I laughed out loud at Casey's face after Chuck kissed him

I like Jordana Brewster, but I don't think I'm going to like this storyline.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq

12-16-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Last night's episode was the first one I've hated.

I understand why Sarah killed the guy, I hated that she lied to Chuck and he knows.

But even a 9 toed Casey is yummy

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

12-16-08, 03:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I enjoyed the part where Big Al from Die Hard was Big Mike's cousin or brother. My daughter and I laughed so hard at that part. I also liked that Casey was wrapping-paper challenged and had all those bandaids on his fingers.

I hope that Chuck finds out why Sarah lied to him. The sexual tension between those two is worse than the tension between Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepard on Moonlighting.

a berry nice sigpic from agman

12-17-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
My wife and I hated the episode too. While I realize they were trying to do a Christmas-themed episode, the plot was flat-out terrible.

12-18-08, 11:04 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
And it was so promising. The whole cast in the Buy More, so much could have been done with that and wasn't. I think the writer's hit the egg nog too early or something on that episode!

And while it would have been cliche, Chuck saving Sarah would have been much more of a satisfying Christmas episode.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

12-22-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I disagree. Other than the 'day before Christmas' time setting, it had nothing to do with Christmas and the episode wasn't trying to be "Christmas themed episode" in the sense of most TV series "Christmas shows".

I think what many people here are failing to recognize is how far forward moving this is for the series' story arc. Fulcrum has moved to the forefront of being ChuckSarahCasey's (CSC's) weekly nemesis. In the first season, the bad guys were new each week. CSC weren't really looking over their collective shoulder as they were too busy guarding their front to keep newbie agent Chuck alive. This year, we've watched as Fulcrum, in their search for the Intersect, have come closer and closer to Chuck. The police negotiator said it himself, Fulcrum knew Casey and Sarah were agents protecting someone at the store, they just didn't know who*. At the end of the episode, we are made to believe that the negotiator was the only bad guy who knew CSC's secret. But c'mon. He's a Fulcrum agent. Are we to believe that once he had Chuck in the ambulance, he wasn't on the phone to his handler saying who and what he was bringing in?

Which brings me back to my second point: series story arc. Namely, what happens once CSC's secret is known to the bad guys. And it will become known, it's inevitable. Will Chuck be relocated against his will? Will CSC go deep to destroy Fulcrum once and for all? Will any of Chuck's family or friends be brought into the CSC circle? There's a bunch of places this could go, and I'd bet that some of these will be explored in the third season.

While this wasn't my favorite episode, I didn't hate it like others have said. My view was a little spoiled because I didn't get to watch it until this weekend, after I had read some posts here.

*Now if you want to point out bad plot devices, here's one I'll give you. They (Fulcrum) know 'something' is up with someone in the Buy More and they know 'who' is protecting that someone. Rather than stage this elaborate hostage situation to flush Chuck out, wouldn't a better strategy have been simple, constant surveillance of with whom and where Casey and Sarah spent most of their time?

01-06-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Nice post, newsomewayne.

I didn't hate this episode at all. The only part I didn't like was that Sarah lied to Chuck and he doesn't understand why.

Right Now

03-10-09, 06:45 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I think what many people here are failing to recognize is how far forward moving this is for the series' story arc. Fulcrum has moved to the forefront of being ChuckSarahCasey's (CSC's) weekly nemesis. In the first season, the bad guys were new each week. CSC weren't really looking over their collective shoulder as they were too busy guarding their front to keep newbie agent Chuck alive. This year, we've watched as Fulcrum, in their search for the Intersect, have come closer and closer to Chuck.

Good call.

Fear the reaper.
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." - Margaret Thatcher

01-30-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
25. "Chuck in 3D"
Anybody got their glasses?

Myself, I have no idea where to get them.

Fear the reaper.

01-30-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Chuck in 3D"
Try a Pepsi display in a local store.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10455976/1/nbc-set-for-super-bowl-promo-in-3d.html

02-01-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Chuck in 3D"
I don't have mine, but that's okay because watching stuff in 3-D gives me a headache from Hades.

Agman took me to the islands

02-02-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Chuck in 3D"
I didn't get any glasses either, though I did look around a little bit yesterday. So I won't be watching in 3D either.

03-24-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I'm actually getting tired of Fulcrum and miss the premise of the first season. But I must say the writers of this show are great with their ways of keeping Chuck and Sara apart yet tied together.

04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

03-24-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I'm actually getting tired of Fulcrum

Couldn't agree more. I realize the show needs villains, but the writers have taken the Fulcrum premise too far this season. If they didn't have the goofballs at the Buy More, the show would be downright serious. And that wouldn't do.

MangaSliced!

03-25-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Love the Buy More guys! Love them.

Went into a Best Buy this past weekend and told the guy that was helping Rob I was mentally casting everyone as a Buy More employee and he was Morgan. He laughed and said everyone calls him Morgan now.

04-18-09, 07:29 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Just watched last weeks epi. I'm glad they brought Jill back into the show. I missed seeing more of Scott Bakula. And of course Casey stole the show with just a few facial expressions and movements.

04-20-09, 08:13 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Waaaahhh! It looks like they're wrapping everything up as best they can in case NBC cancels Chuck.

I wonder how they go forward from here if Chuck isn't cancelled...

04-21-09, 06:57 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
I got the idea in my head that Chuck and Morgan will open some kind of tech-type business. Maybe they offer their services to Casey and Sarah on certain cases. Or maybe Chuck and Sarah get together and he gets involved that way. All while he's living with Morgan. They can easily keep Ellie and Awesome involved even when Chuck moves out, especially now that Awesome knows. He can help with gunshot wounds and whatnot.

That Chuck/Sarah scene was HOTT.

another JSlice masterpiece

04-21-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
What the heck, I didn't even know Chuck was on the bubble. Grrr. But why am I surprised, if I love a show it's going bye bye. *sigh

Send Nerds.

04-21-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
NBC seems to be doing their damndest to make sure I'm no longer one of their viewers...

I got sliced!

04-22-09, 07:50 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
If it looks like a series finale, and smells like a series finale, it's probably a series finale.

04-23-09, 07:33 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Hey Mr. Doom and Gloom - go send some Nerds.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-23-09, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Just discovered this show about 10 days ago so now I'm catching up. Just finished the Deloreon episode and I love the show more with every episode. Unfortunately with its expected demise the thrill will only last another couple of weeks I guess. At least I can enjoy it for a little while though it's disappointing no one here has heard of it before. I go into the office in the morning chuckling (today about Chuck kissing Casey) and when I try to tell about it no one gets it. Tomorrow it'll be - not sure yet since I watched two and a half episodes today.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

04-24-09, 08:01 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
It's my fault Sittem . I adore this show so of course it's going to go poof.

04-24-09, 08:12 AM (EST)
42. "Subway save Chuck campaign"
http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/chuck/can-sandwiches-save-nbcs-chuck-from-cancellation/3450

5. On April 27th be sure to BUY A $5 FOOTLONG from Subway and if possible, drop a note in the comment box at the franchise letting them know you’re participating in the Finale and Footlong campaign to save NBC’s Chuck, of which Subway is a product placement sponsor.

6. Watch the finale LIVE if possible.

If you do nothing else…do the last two items on the list.

Monday night we'll be eating $5 footlongs at my house!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-24-09, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Subway save Chuck campaign"
My husband and I love this show - and will be eating Subway on Monday!

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

04-27-09, 07:25 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Subway save Chuck campaign"
I have to go to the pharmacy after work and it just so happens there is a Subway in the same plaza. Convenient.

04-27-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Subway save Chuck campaign"
The last frame "To be continued..." gives me hope.

Excellant finale, whether it's season or series. Onliner of the night: Casey "Chuck me".

Buy a Subway sandwich on Monday 4/27 and save Chuck!

05-01-09, 06:49 AM (EST)
46. "Chuck - Season finale "
A few things about the finale.

1. So now there is a "Ring" of bad spies? And FULCRUM was one segment, or perhaps a spoke?

2. Did Sarah quit the CIA? Can an agent quit the CIA?

3. Who thinks Bryce is really dead? Yeah, me neither.

4. Speaking of Bryce, I wonder if his being in the Intersect room when Chuck downloaded will create gaps in Chuck's head, since the screens behind him were obscured.

5. What the heck is that wrist strap computer Chuck got from Orion? Super GoogleMaps - Spies Edition?

6. Anyone surprised Chuck downloaded the new Intersect into his head? Again, me neither.

7. I must say I am somewhat disappointed in the Matrixesque addition to the Intersect download. I saw it coming and wasn't surprised when Chuck started whipping butt. Nevertheless, I was hoping for something a little more imaginative from the Chuck writers.

8. Best line of the night: Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian ruin your wedding?

9. Stop international criminals and plan a wedding. Is there anything John Casey can't do?

10. Why did the double agent not kill Casey after he knocked him out in the Castle? He said something about Casey saving his life, but I didn't make the connection.

11. Heterosexuals can flame, too?

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

"We're down-home Mississippi folk but our bloodline goes back to Nigeria," she said. "My father (Malachy) was the first one to come over. My dad actually can say he came to America with $68 in his pocket and became a doctor because of all the opportunities that America has." - Air Force Lt. Dehenre, currently serving in Iraq.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Chuck - Season finale "
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-09 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Just finished the second series, and I have to agree with you on a few things Wayne, and add a couple of my own.

1. I know it is suspension on disbelief, but come on, getting the paperwork for a wedding on a beach as a national security issue?

2. How many damned intersects do we need?

3. Chuck as a superhero? Well that threatens to kill the show for me.

4. Morgan and Anna off to Hawaii? Chuck leaving Buy More? Where are the laughs coming from?

5. Or, since Chuck spent his cash on the wedding and is still the only intersect (well no-one else knows about Orion's intersect) is he back at the Buy More?

6. If Bryce is alive (and let's not forget his body was removed) then did he upload any of the intersect?

7. More Anna please.

8. Great line!

9. Is there anyone Morgan Fairchild cannot be mother to?

ed 10. Since the intersect is already out of date how useful is it actually?

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

05-04-09, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Renewal??"
News today from our Chicago TV critic who loves the show - it appears somewhat hopeful though she goes on to say NBC has ordered a lot of new shows along with five nights of Leno - where do they all fit?

There's no news, however, about whether "Chuck" has been picked for a third season. The "Chuck" buzz is positive at this point, but the yea or nay on a Season 3 may not come for several days. NBC has been tormenting us with various terrible shows for years now. Why should the NBC torment end now? I guess we should be used to it, but the "Chuck" waiting is driving me a little nuts.

05-16-09, 02:37 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Renewal??"
My favorite tv critic is even more hopeful about Chuck today:

...Fox...in a surprise move, renewed "Dollhouse," the show that didn't get great overnight ratings but did very well when DVR use, iTunes and Internet viewing were added to the overall picture....

Let's hope the campaign to renew "Chuck," another well-crafted show that's not easily summarized in a four-word sentence, succeeds as well. Things look good for that NBC show; the word from various media outlets is that the spy dramedy will come back for a third season of 13 episodes.

05-18-09, 01:28 AM (EST)
49. "RENEWED!!"
Awesome news: 'Chuck' to return for a third season

It's official: "Chuck" is coming back for a 13-episode third season.

This. Is. Awesome...

But as you've seen as you read all the stories above, there's a catch to the "Chuck" renewal. To ensure another season, "Chuck" will have to cut its budget (as is apparently the case with "Dollhouse," which is also coming back). The show will have to let go a couple of writers, and some actors who were series regulars in Season 2 may only be recurring guest stars in Season 3....

...we may be entering an age in which audiences, which now have far more ways to watch programs, also have far more say over which shows stay and go. In this case, the fan campaign to save "Chuck" is widely credited with helping the show get a third season...

In other words: "Chuck" fans are awesome. Well done, folks.

But this is no time for complacency. Give Me My Remote, one of the originators of the fan campaign, had this to say: "I think the worst thing we could do right now would be to let up on our 'Chuck' chatter. Let’s continue to do what we can to try to get new fans for next season. Lend out your DVDs and keep talking up the show."

Oh, and one more thing. When it comes to how I feel about NBC's decision, let me quote John Casey:

"You've done good work here."

05-18-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
50. "RE: RENEWED!!"

05-18-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
51. "RE: RENEWED!!"
Yay! As long as Casey's not cut that is! *dreamy sigh

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. " Chuck - Season Four"
I'm so happy we've made it to Season Four. And to think we were sitting around eating Subways and keeping our fingers crossed two seasons ago.

It's good to see Linda Hamilton.

09-23-10, 10:35 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Chuck - Season Four"
My poor daughter couldn't watch with me because she had too much homework to do (but she watched it on Hulu yesterday). I was laughing hysterically over the trap door. It looks like Chuck is off to a good start!

09-29-10, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Chuck - Season Four"
I find myself wishing they hadn't killed off Scott Bakula. I'd like Ellie to have both her mom and dad there when the baby is born. I know - I'm a sap.

10-20-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Chuck - Season Four"
My daughter also wishes they hadn't killed off Scott Bakula. It doesn't bother me as much because I would see him and think how much better I liked him as Sam Beckett.

We also liked it when the general was running the Buy More in person. She was more real, more human, and a lot funnier. I hate that she's back to her desk in Washington.

10-19-10, 07:11 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Chuck - Season Four"
I somehow missed the start of the show this fall, but that's not unusual since I'm out of touch with the TV schedule. So, last night and tonight I got up through the third show. I'm just loving it - the new Buy More, the staff coming back together in new roles, the way the relationship is staggering along and developing with Chuck and Sarah. It feels fresh and open to new possibilities with the hunt for mom. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the next two shows.

11-16-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Okay, am I the only one who sat through last night's episode thinking that the diamond mission was a complete and total setup to help Chuck get back the Intersect? And that Sarah was not told about it so that Chuck would believe it was all real?

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

02-22-11, 02:36 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Chuck - Season Two"
Still loving it.

I'm going to be as excited about Sarah and Chuck's wedding as I was about Luke and Laura back in '81. *grin

Of course some spy stuff will postpone it forever.

02-02-12, 10:47 AM (EST)
60. "Chuck - Series Finale"
Enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

Continuation stories for the characters felt "rushed".

Jeffster's "Take on Me" was great.

Morgan's big idea for saving Chuck and Sarah should have worked.

Could've used a two-hour finale, but I guess budget was probably pushed to limits already.

I do want the series on DVD, though.

Fear the reaper.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-12, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Chuck - Series Finale"
Loved that they tied in Jeffster!

I'm a cheeseball-I shed a few tears. Yes, it was a silly spy show, but it was fun. The flashbacks were crazy....looks like it was ten years ago, not just a handful of years.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •