The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"True Blood "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-14-08, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"True Blood "
From HBO...

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

Now that the vampires don't have to hide anymore all is well. Unless you want to make a quick buck draining their blood for sale. Maybe you just want to have some wild Vampire sex....once you go vamp...you're a tramp. I have a feeling that synthetic blood just doesn't quite hit the spot like the real thing.

So far so good after one episode. Any other vampire fans watching?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: True Blood Ahtumbreez 09-14-08 1
 RE: True Blood syren 09-15-08 2
 RE: True Blood CTgirl 09-15-08 3
 RE: True Blood Hoobie 09-22-08 4
 RE: True Blood mattben 09-27-08 5
 RE: True Blood Loree 09-27-08 6
 RE: True Blood mattben 09-28-08 7
 RE: True Blood MissMyth 09-29-08 8
 Only 2 Episodes Left.... bystander 11-10-08 9
   RE: Only 2 Episodes Left.... foonermints 11-10-08 10
 Season 2 starts June 14th bystander 06-02-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: True Blood "
I don't have HBO, dang it. But this series is based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. I'll have to buy it on DVD, I guess. Of course like all vampire series it will probably be cancelled (sigh...Moonlight) after the first season.

Yes, I'm still bitter. Dammit.

Mangalicious by The Slice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: True Blood "
We are watching, and I love this show so far. I think HBO will keep it around for a bit, as they are able to get a bit more risque than on regular TV, and Vamps are all about the risque. LOL

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-08, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: True Blood "
I'm a vamp fan with no HBO.

Keep us posted; I can't imagine vamps going mainstream. You know the $%#& will hit the fan eventually, and you bystander, will be there to witness it all for us!

Another Tribe Creation

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-22-08, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: True Blood "
I didn't think that I would like this (I'm a bit of a horror movie wuss), but I was very pleasantly surprised, and will keep watching.

It seems that it was a commentary on racism as well (the vamplires, being the minority). I am having a bit of trouble with people acting like vamplires roaming amongst us is completely normal, but I have to suspend reality sometimes too.

Most HBO shows are of this caliber. I recommend giving it a shot. (And the main vampire is yummy!)

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-27-08, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: True Blood "
I'm liking this show. Good sandwich w/ Entourage.

Go Cajuns!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: True Blood "
I am enjoying this show more than I expected.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-28-08, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: True Blood "
Will Suuki (sp?) finally have sex w/ her Vampire paramour?

How low can Vince go?

Looking forward to tonight.

I'm your general O-pos, BTW.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-29-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: True Blood "
It seems to be wandering pretty far from the Charlaine Harris books. I'm also not liking some of the casting. The actor playing Eric is NOT what I imagined he'd look like. Of course, that's always going to be a problem.

11-10-08, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Only 2 Episodes Left...."
Just keeps getting better and better.

This show is definitely my favorite thing to watch on TV. Can't get enough of it. Anyone catch last night's episode?

So who did Tara see standing in the road on her way home from Merlotte's?

Who is chasing Sookie around the bar in the dark.

What exactly does a vampire need to do to change someone into a vampire. It's obviously not just feeding on them.

What about all the blood when Jason's girlfriend drove the stake through their captive Vampire's heart. YIKES that was sick!

If you were a shapeshifter...what shape would you shift into?

Is it me or do these episodes seem to fly by way to fast?

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-08, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Only 2 Episodes Left...."
How do you find these goofy shows? Ah well, maybe it's on Netflix?

06-02-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
11. "Season 2 starts June 14th"
Anyone needing a Bill and Sookie fix? Get down to the quickie mart and grab a six-pack of some O+. I'll make the popcorn.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •