The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"William Petersen Leaving CSI"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-18-08, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"William Petersen Leaving CSI"
Anyone care to speculate how he leaves the show?

#1: Leaves with Sara
#2: Leaves with the dominatrix chick
#3: Gets killed off
#4: Just wants to be left alone
#5: Just goes

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI Loree 07-19-08 1
   RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI Asrai 08-21-08 2
       RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI trigirl 09-02-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-08, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI"
William Petersen peaces out

By Chloe Tse

2008-07-15

Gil Grissom is leaving ‘CSI’ next year!

After an eight-year stint, CSI veteran William Petersen will step down from his role as a full-time series regular on the 10th episode of the CBS series next year.

"Billy is leaving," confirmed the show's executive producer, Carol Mendelsohn, to Entertainment Weekly. "But he will remain throughout the run of the series as an executive producer. And he will, whenever CBS asks, come back. I don't think you've seen the last of Gil Grissom."

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is still CBS’s top-rated show, and despite Petersen’s departure, execs don’t expect to see ratings nosedive. Although, he is the third original cast member to exit the show within a year’s time – following the lead of Jorja Fox and Gary Dourdan.

The show will be going through a huge transition next season. Mendelsohn is concocting a rich plot to send off her leading man. Considering last season’s finale, it’s clear that Petersen’s Grissom is going through a crisis – especially after the death of Dourdan’s Warrick Brown.

They’re bringing back Fox’s Sara Sidle to help him heal through multiple episodes. Grissom’s ladylove will be around for his final curtain call in his last episode.

Can we predict a fairy tale ending for a happy couple – complete with riding off into a sunset?

- - - - - - - - -

CSI: Who Should Replace Grissom?

At Friday's executive session, Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, announced a new character on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

Tassler's description of the character, who will replace the departing William Petersen, was interesting, to say the least. He's a doctor and scientist who comes into the CSI as an outsider; he won't start off as the boss. Here's the catch: He's a bit of a DNA expert, and has identified a common profile among serial killers — in his own genes! Sounds a little Dexter-y, no?

So, who do you think should play Dr. McSerialKiller? Tassler suggested they'd be looking for an actor of some stature to fill the role. My first thoughts: Oscar nominees Laurence Fishburne and David Strathairn (Good Night, and Good Luck), both of whom can convey steely resolve and menace with equal skill. — Mickey O'Connor

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-08, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI"
Laurence Fishburne is the new guy! Great choice!

In case peeps can't (or don't want to) follow links for whatever reason:

Laurence Fishburne joining "CSI" cast

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Stage and screen star Laurence Fishburne's last turn as a series regular on network television was the role of Cowboy Curtis on the 1980s kids show "Pee-wee's Playhouse."

So the acclaimed actor better known for playing dark, brooding characters says he looks forward to his new TV gig as a forensics investigator with disturbing tendencies on the hit CBS detective drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Not that he had ever seen the series before his first meeting with the show's executive producers, Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar.

"I felt a little stupid and embarrassed that I hadn't watched the show prior to having a meeting with them," Fishburne, 47, acknowledged in a conference call with reporters for the announcement that he is joining the show's cast.

"But I'm happy to say that the episodes that they sent me to look at were really, really engaging and really wonderful, and kind of dark and moody, like a lot of the work that I've actually been involved in," he added. "So I'm very excited."

Famed for his movie work as Morpheus in "The Matrix" trilogy and his Oscar-nominated role as Ike Turner in "What's Love Got to Do With It," Fishburne is slated to make his "CSI" debut in episode nine of the show's upcoming ninth season.

"CSI," which averaged 17 million viewers last season, ranks as CBS's top-rated show and the third most-watched scripted series in all of U.S. prime time.

Mendelsohn and Shankar hailed Fishburne as their "dream" casting choice.

He was hired to replace actor William Petersen, who has starred since the show's inception in 2000 as Gil Grissom, the brainy head of a Las Vegas police crime scene unit, and is leaving the series to follow other creative pursuits.

PROFESSOR WITH 'DISTURBING' PAST

Producers said Fishburne and Petersen will overlap for two episodes, probably airing in mid-December of early 2009, before Petersen's exit. Production on those episodes is set to begin next month, they said.

Fishburne will join the cast as a medical doctor and expert in criminal behavior who, after being forced out of his career as a research pathologist, became a college professor and ends up involved in a CSI investigation, Shankar said.

Fishburne's character, who does not yet have a name, specializes in probing the underlying causes of violent, aggressive behavior, "tendencies he disturbingly sees within himself," according to CBS press materials.

But Shankar said producers have backed off an earlier idea that the character's own genetic profile might match that of many serial killers.

"CSI" marks Fishburne's return to the CBS network two decades after his recurring role as the psychedelic Cowboy Curtis with Paul Reuben's Pee-wee Herman character on the children's television show "Pee-wee's Playhouse."

Fishburne's other small-screen credits include the HBO television movies "Miss Evers' Boys," for which he won an Emmy, and "The Tuskegee Airmen." He also won an Emmy for his guest appearance in the pilot episode of the short-lived Fox series "Tribeca."

Fishburne recently completed a Broadway run, and earned a Tony Award nomination, for his role as Thurgood Marshall in the one-man show "Thurgood." In 1992, he won a Tony for his stage performance in the August Wilson play "Two Trains Running."

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Scooping stars with Sharnina

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-02-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: William Petersen Leaving CSI"
Marvelous casting!!!!!!!!

bouncey by Ice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •