The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Critically Acclaimed, But I Still Say They Suck!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-28-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Critically Acclaimed, But I Still Say They Suck!"
I often agree with critical consensus when it comes to movies and music. Generally, if a movie or album does not receive high praise from critics it is very doubtful that I'll see or listen to them. I'm certainly not going to spend money on something that looks or sounds crummy.

That being said, I'm not often in agreement with the majority of television critics. Too often I read that certain shows are definitely worth my time, only to tune in and find out they definitely weren't. Here's a list that I absolutely hated, but critics, and sometimes audiences, ate them up.

Friends-One of the most annoying shows ever conceived. I hated all six characters because they came off as phony and full of themselves. These were the kinds of people you hated back in high school.

Everybody Loves Raymond-Not me. I hated him. I also hated his wife. Plus, wouldn't all of their problems have been solved if they had just moved away from Ray's parents?

Grey's Anatomy-Hey, it's "ER"...only soapier! And with more female problems! Did you ever know a girl who could never seem to control her emotions, even if the situation didn't call for her to be emotional in the first place? Well, every girl on "Grey's Anatomy" fits that description.

Sports Night, Gilmore Girls Nobodypausetotakeabreathorthedialoguewontbefunny. Thatmakeseverythingseemsomuchmoreclever! Actuallyitsjustasannoyingwhenitypelikethishuh?

Sex and the City-Ok, I'm not a girl. But this show still seems very ridiculous to me. Plus, how every one of these girls didn't end up with crabs is beyond me.

Two and a Half Men-Very unfunny. And since the little boy is so fat I think we can remove the "Half" tag now.

Law & Order-It's not that it's a bad show, it's simply a show that I would never watch on a week to week basis. All the episodes seem alike. Worse, there never seems to be any type of character developement.

Any more that need to be added to the list?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Sti... Max Headroom 05-28-08 1
 RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Sti... trigirl 05-29-08 2
 Friends susang 05-30-08 3
 RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Sti... Snidget 05-30-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Still Say They Suck!"
Too bad you excluded movies-- I've seen a couple recently that were loved by critics and hated by me. Let me add a couple to your TV list:

Desperate Housewives - Great first season, unwatchable ever since.

Pushing Daisies - 10 minutes of the premiere episode were enough for me to turn it off permanently. What dreck.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-29-08, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Still Say They Suck!"
I know I am going to get flamed for this but <big gulp>

The Sopranos - just never really got the hype

bouncey by Ice

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-30-08, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Friends"
I never understood why Friends was so popular. Monica and Rachel were so loud! Could never tell Matthew Perry from Matt LeBlanc, they were so similar. Am glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like this show.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-08, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Critically Acclaimed, But I Still Say They Suck!"
Agree with Friends, Raymond, Grey's, Sex, 2 1/2

Disagree Sports Night and Gilmore Girls. I like rapid fire random conversion. Note to self, if I ever get peepmeet with Bacon, slow down, avoid unnecessary references, and let him be the one to change the subject.

Law and Order. I actually hate when my procedural shows get too involved in the people's lives and characters. Especially because when they do it generally it is a sweeps stunt.

My Never Got: Arrested Development. I tried to like that show, I know the critics loved it, I just didn't quite get it.

Picket Fences, I think I just didn't watch from the beginning and I didn't feel like doing all the research to understand it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •