The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-08, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
The final season, say the previews. And it starts tonight! I thought I didn't care anymore because it's been so long since the last season, but apparently I do.

So many questions:

- Is Starbuck a Cylon?
In the previews she's yelling, "If you think I'm a Cylon..." to Roslin. We *are* still missing one, aren't we? I'm still not sure if her ship actually did blow up real good or what.

- Do they get to Earth?
I realise that these journey shows usually end with the heroes making it home, or to wherever they were headed...or just getting off the island, but this show has done things differently. So I wonder...will they find Earth? And if they do, what kind of Earth will it be? A barren wasteland? Or will it be populated by people who
a) think they're an invasion force and try to repell them,
b) think they're freeloaders and try to repell them,
c) are already in league with the Cylons,
d) accept them cheerfully and have a happy humanity reunion?

The awful thing is that I won't be able to actually *see* the show until next week, since we don't get the channel BG is on. I have to wait to get the tape from my cousin.

Agman made it so!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 Seana 04-04-08 1
   RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 Tahj 04-07-08 2
       RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 batts 04-08-08 3
           RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 Seana 04-09-08 4
               RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 batts 04-09-08 5
                   RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 HobbsofMI 04-12-08 7
               RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3 Tahj 04-09-08 6
 Cylon Civil War! batts 04-19-08 8
   RE: Cylon Civil War! Seana 04-24-08 9
 Two Outed Seana 04-30-08 10
   RE: Two Outed HobbsofMI 05-15-08 11
       RE: Two Outed Seana 05-27-08 12
 The Opera House Vision Again Seana 05-27-08 13
   RE: The Opera House Vision Again HobbsofMI 06-10-08 14
 Season Finale - Until Jan 2009 IceCat 06-15-08 15
   RE: Season Finale - Until Jan 2009 HobbsofMI 06-16-08 16
       My understanding IceCat 06-16-08 17
           RE: My understanding HobbsofMI 06-16-08 18
               I was waiting to see if IceCat 06-16-08 19
                   RE: I was waiting to see if HobbsofMI 06-16-08 20
                       RE: I was waiting to see if batts 06-17-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-04-08, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
Oh fer heck. Alerted my own thread to be sent to the right forum. Also, it's Season 4. I'm just going to step away from the computer now.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-08, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
You mean this isn't actually Survivor: Space, and they won't be really be coming to Earth? H-m-m. Well, I must admit, I kept wondering why no one ever got voted off.

Yes, who is that fifth Cylon? I really don't have a clue, although if it was someone on Galactica, they would have been compelled to be there with the others, right?

It's a Tribe!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-08-08, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
My guess is the 5th Cylon is Starbuck. She wasn't there when the others met in the room. I laughed when she made the comment:
"You're a better man than me, cause if I found out YOU were a Cylon, I'd put a bullet right between your eyes."

It was an awesome episode.

04-09-08, 00:52 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
Hooray! I finally got to see it!

I'm not so sure about Starbuck being a Cylon. Why would they have harvested her eggs and such? I was kind of leaning towards Baltar or Roslin. Honestly, I'm still kind of annoyed about the 4 (current) secret Cylons. I wish they'd chosen different people. Tigh just makes no sense. He and Adama have been friends for *years*.

How did Six cure the boy? Baltar prays a little prayer, shows that he means it and suddenly Groupie #2 has super-human strength and boy's virus goes away? The previews promised me that all would be revealed! I know, I know...there are still a few more episodes.

"Be the man you want to be until you die."

04-09-08, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
I wish they'd chosen different people. Tigh just makes no sense. He and Adama have been friends for *years.

You... have quite a point. If tigh were a cylon, at what point did he become a cylon? If I got this straight... he's been in the military, and has known Adama, for 20 years? And that's before hybrids were created?

So... the only way Tigh could be a Cylon is if maybe some kind of Borg nanobes were implanted into his brain and body to turn him slowly into a 'skin job'. Maybe on New Caprica?
Hmmmmmm....

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-08, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
Since humans made the Cylon's, I'm thinking who ever made them made this new model a long time ago and then some how gave the Cylon's the way to make the new skin jobs thus taking us back to the very first show and Adama's speech on we created them, now we have to live with them or that mistake...

GO WINGS!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-09-08, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Battlestar Galactica, Season 3"
Yeah, Starbuck seems a little too obvious to be a Cylon, especially under the current circumstances. I always thought Tigh's wife could have been a Cylon. I wonder if the 5th could be someone who was already killed off.

Did six cure the boy? It's all quite puzzling.

It's a Tribe!

04-19-08, 01:53 AM (EST)
8. "Cylon Civil War!"
In the last episode we saw the Cylons start shooting each other. In this episode (Friday night, April 18) they try to negotiate, to no avail. Pretty cool episode to watch the base ships go to war with one another.

OMH... Cally gets blown out the launch bay....

04-24-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Cylon Civil War!"
Interesting ep! Cally was clearly too stupid to live. She finds out that there are at least 3 Cylons on board and what does she do? Goes to kill herself and her baby. Might have been better to tell Adama, I'm thinking. I won't miss her.

What a weird crew with Starbuck. Gaeta, Seelix, Sam, Helo. It surprised me to see Gaeta, especially, though I guess they *would* need someone who could do the techie stuff on the bridge.

It's nice to see the Cylons *still* don't know how to get along with each other. The Ones are just ruthless, aren't they? I think we can be fairly certain D'anna at least saw Tigh (When she looked at one of the Final Five, she said: I'm sorry. We didn't know.), though she would have recognised any of them.

Who's Natalie? Obviously, the Six with darker hair leading the other side in the civil war, but when was there a Natalie? I ask because that's what the subtitles have been calling her.

Stupid thing: the file that Zarek gave Lee was on rectangular paper. All the stationery and photos and such in the BSG universe have clipped corners.

I don't care for Baltar's story arc, but I'm interested to know what will happen with Six and himself in his head.

Next week: Tigh gets his real wife back? Tigh gets a Cylon wife back? Tigh dreams about his wife like Adama did with his? How many people are living in the characters' heads, anyway?

Agman made it so!

04-30-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
10. "Two Outed"
So both Tyrol and Tigh have been outed. Cally got sent out the airlock, but what will happen to Six?

Both Tigh and Tyrol are just dying of guilt and begging for punishment. Tyrol still loves Boomer. No-one knows that Tory killed Cally. And Tory seems to be embracing her Cyloninity...and Baltar as well.

Funny moment: Tigh, Tory and Tyrol are in Tyrol's quarters and the baby cries. Tyrol says he probably needs changing and who goes to do it? Tigh. Made me laugh.

Still unsure of Baltar's weird cult, but even less sure of Roslin. She used to at least try to be fair.

Agman made it so!

05-15-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Two Outed"
I must have missed it....when and how were they outed?

GO WINGS!

05-27-08, 01:10 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Two Outed"
Sorry, that was inaccurate. I meant that people other than the 4 found out. Cally listened to the secret meeting and learned that they were all Cylons, and got killed for it. Actually, I guess that means that Tory was sort of outed too. Anders wasn't there.

Tigh has been visiting the Six in the detention cell. She figured out who/what Tigh was and then slapped him around for some reason.

So far, Cally's dead and Six is keeping the secret.

05-27-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
13. "The Opera House Vision Again"
Brief overview:

Starbuck (in the base ship) and the Demetrius jump back to the Fleet. The Demetrius has a glitch and the base ship sits in the middle of the Fleet, unable to communicate with the Fleet because of a special plot device that knocks out communications at the worst possible moment. Adama wants to fire at the base ship, but Tigh says no. Seconds later, the Demetrius jumps in the tell the Fleet that it's Starbuck and Athena on the base ship. Hooray!

The Cylons want to make a deal with the humans. They will tell the humans where to find the hub that controls the Ressurection ships. Then the humans can destroy it, rendering the Cylons unable to download. The leader of the Sixes explains that it is mortality that makes a life meaningful. In return, the rebels (all even-numbered models) want the humans to help them unbox the Threes (D'anna), who have seen the Final Five. Tigh stresses over this.

Roslin and Athena share another vision in the Opera House; BlondeSix takes Hera out into a brightly lit area where Baltar is waiting and the door closes. Athena wakes up to find Hera next to her. Hera says "bye-bye". Apparently, Six mentioned this vision to Baltar, who has now broadcast all over the ship that Roslin is having hallucinogenic shared visions with 2 Cylons. Athena is afraid that Six will steal Hera. When Hera toddles off and finds the leader of the Sixes, Athena kills the Six.

Roslin knows Tory is sleeping with Baltar.

Gaeta loses his leg and sings whenever he feels the phantom limb. (Check out Alessandro Juiliani's IMDB page. Note the Barbie movies. He sings in them too. To be a princess is to always look your best. / To be a princess is to never get to rest.)

Starbuck tells Roslin what the hybrid said about the dying leader knowing the truth about the Opera House. Roslin takes Baltar and a few others to the base ship. When the hybrid is plugged back in she screams "Jump!" and the base ship jumps somewhere else.

Comments:

- Anders is super-guilty about shooting Gaeta, but no-one seems to have reported him, so he just looks a bit crazy.

- Six being dead, she can't "stall while Leoben fixes things with the Centurions". That's if he had planned to do that.

- I think Athena killed the wrong Six.

- When did we find out the Final Five had been to Earth?

- Starbuck looked sort of sad when she told Roslin she'd help. She knows she's "leading them to destruction" (or whatever), I guess.

06-10-08, 01:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Opera House Vision Again"
Well it looks like the two of us finally get to see the four get outed as we get nearer to the end.

GO WINGS!

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Season Finale - Until Jan 2009"

Quite the finish to this demi-season.

Now we have to wait until January to see the final episodes.

The last five minutes was pretty powerful.

I won't say anymore just in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

06-16-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Season Finale - Until Jan 2009"
I thought the finale was in a few weeks.....I really hate when they do things like that....it's one show and it's in the can....SHOW IT!

GO WINGS!

06-16-08, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. " My understanding"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-08 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

... is that they shot something like 20 episodes and decided to spread them out over two seasons. I think that the reason is that they are trying to hold viewer interest until the new BSG prequel series starts. It's about a young Bill Adama and his family living on Caprica.

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: TV Guide Online
Jun-12-2008

Not exactly breaking news, but this is the most definitive source yet that after Friday's all-new "Battlestar Galactica" episode, we won't see a new episode again until 2009 ... at the earliest.
Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore told TV Guide at Wednesday's screening of the mid-season finale that there's no way SciFi Channel will be able to get new episodes up and running before the end of the year. That confirms earlier reports that SciFi Channel wanted to put as much as a year between the two season halves, a decision that was strengthened during the recent Writers Guild of America strike pushed back production of the episodes, which is just wrapping up now.

"Realistically, there's no way to get back on the air faster," Moore said. Media and potential Emmy voters were onhand in Los Angeles to see the mid-season finale as a way to try and create some much-needed Emmy buzz for the show.
Getting in the way of an earlier release are things like the new fall season, baseball playoffs, the beginning of the football season, and simply post-production in the final episodes which is just getting under way.
So enjoy Friday's episode ... and hope there will be some more soon. "Battlestar Galactica" airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET on SciFi Channel.

06-16-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: My understanding"
Ok....I thought that this was the last year and the last eps.....I still really hate such a delay. Good to see that humans on earth have the same faults as those on the 12 colonies.

GO WINGS!

06-16-08, 01:46 PM (EST)
19. "I was waiting to see if"

... they were going to an homage to the last scene from Planet of the Apes. It came damned close.

06-16-08, 07:13 PM (EST)
20. "RE: I was waiting to see if"
Yep....as soon as I saw the counter and heard the clicking....that's what I thought too...

GO WINGS!

06-17-08, 03:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: I was waiting to see if"
Awesome episode. As much as I hate Sol Tigh... I'm glad they didn't blow him out into space.

Where was that last scene at? Was that the remains of the Golden Gate bridge in SF? Didn't see the Statue of Liberties torch sticken out of the ground.... oh, and I also got a Planet of the Apes vibe from that last scene. LOL

Looked like, oh, about 300 years since mankind lived there?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •