The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One penny."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One penny."
I'd call that about as drastic a backfire of DOND's so-called Million Dollar Mission as possible.

All right, so the contestant couldn't see the supposed cuteness of the piggy bank destruction coming a mile away. Yes, it doesn't matter how many million-dollars cases they load this thing up with: if you play down to the end and they gave you less than twenty-six, you could go home with the low number. And sure, it's just straight odds, dumb luck, and the occasional bit of timing. But still -- she appeared on national television, got to spiral down into whatever level of despair she found, spent money just to be on the show in the form of that piggy bank, and walked away with --

-- one penny.

There are times when you've got to take the deal...

If anything else vaguely interesting happens during the Million Dollar Mission, I'll post it to this thread. For now, I think Howie's officially gone too far in his Mission To Make The Fictional Banker Look Like A Jerk.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Is DOND about to Jump the Shark? Molaholic 01-05-08 1
   RE: Is DOND about to Jump the Shark... vince3 01-05-08 2
       RE: Is DOND about to Jump the Shark... Ahtumbreez 01-07-08 3
 Dear promo department, Estee 01-08-08 4
 RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 01-10-08 5
   RE: One penny. Estee 01-10-08 6
       RE: One penny. Snidget 01-10-08 7
           RE: One penny. Estee 01-10-08 8
               RE: One penny. vince3 01-10-08 9
       RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 01-11-08 10
 RE: One penny. Estee 01-17-08 11
   RE: One penny. newsomewayne 01-17-08 12
       RE: One penny. Estee 01-17-08 13
 RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 01-22-08 14
   RE: One penny. Estee 01-22-08 15
       RE: One penny. Snidget 01-22-08 16
           RE: One penny. Estee 01-22-08 17
               RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 01-22-08 18
                   RE: One penny. Colonel Zoidberg 01-24-08 21
 RE: One penny. vince3 01-23-08 19
   RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 01-24-08 20
 10 cases vince3 02-05-08 22
   RE: 10 cases Ahtumbreez 02-05-08 23
 The deadly dozen. Estee 02-12-08 24
   RE: The deadly dozen. Ahtumbreez 02-12-08 25
       RE: The deadly dozen. Estee 02-12-08 26
           RE: The deadly dozen. Ahtumbreez 02-12-08 27
       RE: The deadly dozen. Bebo 02-12-08 28
           RE: The deadly dozen. Estee 02-13-08 29
 RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 02-14-08 30
   RE: One penny. Estee 02-14-08 31
       RE: One penny. vince3 02-14-08 32
           RE: One penny. Estee 02-14-08 33
 RE: One penny. Ahtumbreez 02-19-08 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-08, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Is DOND about to Jump the Shark?"
Previews for next week give us the ultimate treat:

DISCO

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-08, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is DOND about to Jump the Shark?"
I saw that ad. It's 70s theme for the 7:00 hour and 80s theme for the 8:00 hour on Sunday before American Gladiators........

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is DOND about to Jump the Shark?"
And isn't it sad that Cory and Tiffany are the highlight of the week.

winterized by agman

01-08-08, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Dear promo department,"
When you flash shots of the board with five 1brak cases while the contestant with four is still playing, it gives me a slight hint that the current player didn't win.

01-10-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: One penny."
I really wanted the Cryin' Hawaiian to win the million! He was a cutie and fun to watch and he actually played smart even though he took some chances.

I would have cut off my goat for 25 g's.

But there's no way he's buying a house in Hawaii with his winnings. Unless it's a scary house.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

01-10-08, 11:00 AM (EST)
6. "RE: One penny."
...you have a goatee?

Where?

In Hawaii, his winnings are good for about eight pounds of steak. (First lesson for anyone moving to the islands: yes, meat is really that expensive. Second: yes, the humidity is actually that high.) He might get a decent down payment on a house after taxes, though, and he could definitely put a major dent in most mortgages.

I kept waiting for Howie (who was in extended torture mode last night -- you knew there wasn't enough time to go down to the last case) to tell Brad he'd closed the Deal lid, so now he had to open one more. Why not? The shark was being repeatedly vaulted with the beard offer anyway.

Most decent moment: watching the banker model trying to keep a straight face during the lei-and-kiss moment. Beyond that, most of the episode was spent trying to figure out how old Brad was. He kept mentioning grandkids, and he looked like he was, at most, in his late thirties...

So now we've got six million-dollar cases for the next player. Y'know what this means? It means we get to see six million-dollar cases being knocked out. Personally, I'd like them to start replacing amounts from the penny out instead of the $750k back.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: One penny."
Agree about pulling the extras from the low end rather than the high end.

So are they really going to keep this up until someone wins a million?

How many do you think it is going to take before that happens. (I'd wouldn't be surprised if it had to go past 50% million dollar cases)

01-10-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: One penny."
The last time they did this, I think they ended the Mission after it failed with seven cases. I'm guessing they'll do the same thing here and reserve Push #3 for a sweeps period.

01-10-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: One penny."
Which means they either take a couple of weeks off and push again, or just continue untill successful and hope it's in February........

01-11-08, 12:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: One penny."
>...you have a goatee?

Dang, now you know I'm a peanana!

winterized by agman

01-17-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: One penny."
'I have two million-dollar cases left and two cases to open! There's no way that could ever go wrong!'

At this point, having the next round conducted with garbage cans is moving to a symbolic level. And can we get a contestant who doesn't absolutely believe the million is in their case, please?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: One penny."
And can we get a contestant who doesn't absolutely believe the million is in their case, please?

or friends who won't be the enabler of this belief because "You deserve it."

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

01-17-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: One penny."
You had to admire her husband for the frequent attempts to fire a warning shot of common sense across the bulkhead. Yes, it may be about time to go. You are up to a very nice number, and the instant you open even one of those millions, you are going to plummet. This may in fact be the time to hit the #$%%^& button. And then...

Feh.

On the other hand, math-wise, you almost had to consider opening that next-to-last case. The penny, 25k, and 75k. Open the 25k, offer goes up by a thousand or so. Open the penny, offer goes to about 50k. Open the 75k and you couldn't do worse than twelve thousand. On a risk-reward table, that's not horrible.

But she wasn't using much in the way of math-logic. She was using 'I know I've got the million!' logic. Does not compute...

01-22-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
14. "RE: One penny."
One more night to go on Howie's mission, will he or won't he? I'm hoping not with the Tater Tot girl, she kind of annoys me.

winterized by agman

01-22-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: One penny."
The worst part? We now know it'll take her an hour to open fifteen cases. Get ready for DOND's all-time dragathon: record it and have your finger on the MegaFastForward button at all times.

At least we cleared the so-appropriate garbage cans. (You could tell the models hadn't had a lot of practice lifting the lids. Then again, maybe there's just no graceful way to expose the underside. Wonder how Ellen would have done?) But with this as the last Mission game and the math at the point where it just about makes sense to hit the Deal button on the first offer, they have to drag it just so they'll have more time to think of the next stupid gimmick.

It's Tater Tot girl or nothing. Given the way the game tends to play out, 'Nothing' has a good chance. The commercials are doing their best to tease -- but the 'we've never been in this position before' line from Howie may just mean someone takes a nap on the stage. It's not as if there's much else to do during all those stalls.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: One penny."
I liked when she opened the lid and the number had fallen off.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

01-22-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: One penny."
I missed that. I was taking my fourth eighty-minute in-show break to do something more interesting than waiting for Howie to finish a sentence. Like wiping down my kitchen.

Top Ten Things To Do While Howie Fails To Let Cases Open. #5: 'Give birth.'

01-22-08, 03:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: One penny."
So was #6- Have sex?

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: One penny."
That could usually be done in the dramatic pause between the model's name and "Open the case."

Thing #7 would be: "Read all three RTVW fictional Survivor seasons from start to finish."

01-23-08, 09:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: One penny."
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-08 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

After the contestant tonight had two $million cases left (both on the staircase, she had $400....) and left with a just under $500K Deal after taking out one of the $million cases.......

Banker calling to Howie: I'm not skeered! Take the $Million Mission to 10!

10 $million cases for Monday night's episode which is gonna start at 9:30.....

01-24-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
20. "RE: One penny."
Glad you posted this, I chose to record Crowned and American Idol. Hmmm, wonder if it's too late to get on the 10 case show

winterized by agman

02-05-08, 00:29 AM (EST)
22. "10 cases"
and yet she didn't get one.

The contestant was down to $400, $1K, and $1M cases. I didn't hear what the actual Deal was, but I imagine it was close to $333K......... In the "what if" picks after that, she picked the $1M case. (she had the $1K case...)

Next Week, the Million $ Mission cranks it all the way to 11!

I just wish the cheapskates would take out some of the small amounts as well as some of the big amounts to make room for the extra $Million cases........

02-05-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
23. "RE: 10 cases"
I think she wound up in the 290's.

It will take 16 more episodes before someone wins the Million. 26 One Million dollar cases. Howie will go thru his not one, not five, not twenty but twenty-six million case speil. Then hand the contestant a case and tell them to take their million dollars and get the hell out because they've worn him out.

Agman took me to the islands

02-12-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
24. "The deadly dozen."
If this keeps up, we're going to be looking at two-hour episodes which see the opening of about fifteen cases.

02-12-08, 10:25 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The deadly dozen."
"Greed is the root of all evil" should be changed to "greed is the root of all stupidity". It was proven lastnight. She could have walked with over 1/2 a mil. Dummy.

02-12-08, 12:20 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The deadly dozen."
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-08 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Double the offer for a quick kiss on the frog's head? Frogs don't give people warts: one fast peck and wash your face afterwards. What on Earth was there to be afraid of? A lot of people have kissed far worse for far less. And most of that was bipedal.

02-12-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The deadly dozen."
The "Princess" had obviously not heard the phrase "you have to kiss one frog to get the half-million." She's some princess she turned out to be.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-08, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The deadly dozen."
I normally don't get that involved in that show, but I couldn't stop myself from yelling "Pucker up and kiss the damn frog!"

02-13-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
29. "RE: The deadly dozen."
And for one tiny moment, the WB lived again.

02-14-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
30. "RE: One penny."
Ok, so maybe greed wouldn't have been so bad lastnight. But with greed you must also possess an acute sense of timing.

02-14-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: One penny."
I know we're up to thirteen cases (BB ran short), but I missed the dozen game. I'm guessing he had the million and didn't play to the end?

02-14-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
32. "RE: One penny."
He got out with about 5 or 6 cases left and a Deal of $97K. There was 1 million case left on the board

When they did the slow burn reveal, he kept hitting small amounts, and the "Next Deal Offered" numbers kept rising. They got down to two cases: the million and $100, I think. He had the $100ish case and the million case was still on the steps.

If he actually played the game down to two cases in the exact way he played the "what if" part, he would've had an approximate half million Deal..........

02-14-08, 02:20 PM (EST)
33. "RE: One penny."
I can't blame him for getting out when he did, though -- with the lack of other anchor numbers, playing on with a single million case is risky.

Meanwhile, the promo department has blown it again -- why watch all the way through the various cases when I know it ultimately comes down to a single non-million case and at least two millions on the board?

02-19-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
34. "RE: One penny."
Not a bad chunk of change to walk away with but so close to one million. She chose correctly. But I'm thinking the husband has had to say at least once "I told you to pick case number 22!"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •