The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Duel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-07, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Duel"
ABC's got the first new game show out of the blocks during the writer's strike. A six-day event will begin on Monday with 90-minute episodes on at least Monday and Tuesday. Mike Greenberg of ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" is the host.

Looks like there's 24 contestants in all and the prize pool is over a million dollars.

The concept is said to be a mix of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and the World Series of Poker. It looks like one contestant will pick another one to face-off against, winner survives, loser is eliminated. The questions are multiple choice and it looks like you can place a chip to indicate not only your answer but also how much you want to bet/earn for a right answer..........

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Full concept: vince3 12-17-07 1
   RE: Full concept: syren 12-18-07 2
       RE: Full concept: vince3 12-18-07 5
           RE: Full concept: syren 12-19-07 7
               RE: Full concept: vince3 12-19-07 8
 RE: Duel Estee 12-18-07 3
   RE: Duel KwietOne 12-21-07 9
 RE: Duel J Slice 12-18-07 4
   RE: Duel vince3 12-18-07 6
 Round 2/Version 2 vince3 04-04-08 10
   RE: Round 2/Version 2 vince3 04-05-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-17-07, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Full concept:"
24 person contestant pool.

To begin the series, the randomly selected someone to be first. That person then gets 3 people from the contestant pool selected at random to choose from to play a Duel.

The Duel consists of multiple choice questions. You start the Duel with 10 chips each worth $5,000. After each question is revealed you can place chips onto the answer(s) you think is right. However, each chip that is on a wrong answer is removed and that amount is added to the prize pool. You also have 2 "presses" which gives your opponent only 7 seconds to put chips on answers, because at the end of the 7 seconds, they're locked in. Unless a "press" is activated you have as much time as needed until you hit the lock-in button. If you fail to cover the correct answer you lose the Duel, and are eliminated. At the end of the Duel, each chip that you have left is awarded to you and will help count toward determining the "Top 4" who'll face off on Sunday for the prize pool. By winning the Duel, you also get to select the next opponent.

If both contestants get the question wrong, then they go to a "shootout"/sudden death question. All money chips that both contestants had are removed, and 4 non-money chips are used for the "shootout" question. Whoever gets the answer correct using the least number of chips becomes the champion, but basically wins no money and only has a Duel win to their credit..........

The standings after one night:

Current prize pool after 3 Duels: $205K

1. The Internet Censor 1 win, $10K
2. The Attorney 1 win, $10K
3. The Homemaker? (I'm not sure of the current player's designation...) 1 win, $0 (won via "shootout")

The Censor was the first selected and challenged a player whose designation I forget, but was from the "hood"...... and won. Then she challenged the Attorney, and lost. The Attorney then challenged the Homemaker (or whatever she's called) and both missed a question adding the number of branches of military and branches of govt. (the answers was a range of 6-9, and both chose 6 & 7... which were wrong)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Full concept:"
I could like this game. Really really could like it. But the host. UGH. He was so freaking monotone and boring to me.

12-18-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Full concept:"
I think that's because he's used to radio/radio on TV, plus he went to the Howie Mandell hosting academy.........

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Full concept:"
LOL...but I like Howie Mandel. At least he makes me laugh. This guy takes so long that I am usually saying, "Come on already. You are not creating suspense, you are getting on my nerves!!"

12-19-07, 11:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Full concept:"
It did seem to go faster tonight when it was only an hour.........

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Duel"
Well, I think --

-- we'll be right back after these messages. This is Duel on ABC.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-21-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Duel"
I echo that!

I just so happened to watch a minute of it then...we'll be right back after these messages.

UGH...can't handle it.

Agman did me!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Duel"
Maybe I'm a trivia snot or something, but Duel seemed suspiciously easy.

It must feel good to be right all the time.

12-18-07, 10:36 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Duel"
Try the online version at abc.com........ it was a lot harder, at least for me.........

04-04-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
10. "Round 2/Version 2"
Season 2 starts tonight!

From what I've heard on the host's (Mike Greenberg) morning ESPN Radio show/ESPN2 TV show, this season:

1. It won't be a tournament, so the contestants are battling for a different prize structure this time.....
2. The pen that was constantly near his face last time was nowhere near the set
3. There will be more questions this time..... last time the average per episode was around 13, this time it's supposedly around 23.........
4. Greeny will be a lot looser and will make jokes and be more like he is on the radio show.......

It'll be interesting to see what the second version will look like.......

04-05-08, 03:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Round 2/Version 2"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-08 AT 03:20 AM (EST)

Better than ever? Eh. (Jury's out)

So now there is a table for the money the duel is worth based on the number of questions answered.

There is also a chance to double that winnings after each duel in a "max" question in which you can only use one chip on the 4 possible answers and you only have 7 seconds to answer (basically it's just like you've been "pressed")

There is now a max of one "press" per player per duel.

After winning the duel and going through the potential double-up question, then the contestant has a choice: play on to try to get more money or stop and collect the winnings. If a player can win 5 duels in a row, they would get $500K, however, if they lose a duel, they lose all accumulated earnings up to that point..... Also, if the player decides to play on, they'd have a choice of 3 contestants (from a now unseen "contestant pool".....) to go against.......

*shrug*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •